(Topic ID: 6108)

An idea for featured images

By pinballslave

12 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“Do you like this idea?”

• I think it's a brilliant idea and feel this site would improve tremendously with this excellent interactive quizzical feature. 1 vote
      7%
    • I might like it, why not give it a try. 9 votes
      60%
    • I don't care either way. 2 votes
      13%
    • What a ridiculous idea, please don't do this! 3 votes
      20%
    • I hate it and would probably leave Pinside if this is implemented! 0 votes

(15 votes by 0 Pinsiders)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Idea.JPG
    #1 12 years ago

I'm not sure if this is easy to implement, or even if the consensus is that this is a good or bad idea, so I'll add a poll to this... but the idea is that when you get the featured images popping up on your screen (the random pinball shots that appear in the top right corner), they tell you the game name and year of the pinball in the image... the idea is that this info is invisible 'till you hover over the image, thus giving you, the honoured viewer of this snapshot of pinball history, the chance to guess what game and year the image is... it's a small interactive bit of fun that people might get a mini kick out of...

Idea.JPGIdea.JPG

#2 12 years ago

Things are hotting up folks. with 'why not give it a try' racing ahead

#3 12 years ago

Hmmm, I like the idea of having these kind of little quizzes, just don't think it would be appropriate to do this in the Polaroid picture above. It would be a bit weird to have such a thing on the home-screen, imho.

But it could work to create some kind of quiz-section with these kind of games. We could even implement some kind of leader board system. After all, we all like to play games on this forum, don't we...

Now just find the spare time to implement such a thing...

#4 12 years ago

The reason I suggested this, by the way, is that when I look at these Polaroids I sometimes wonder what the game is (and try to avoid looking at the title that's printed underneath). If the title was invisible 'till you over over the image it would be easier to have this little personal game... I think that as people add photo's that get put in the 'featured image' pool, this little game could get more 'interesting'... not a big deal, just thought it might be a bit of fun that would be easy to achieve...

Personally I'd also like to see these random 'featured images' appearing on several other pages, like at the top of forum topics... they add a nice bit of colour...

Other views on this?

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/an-idea-for-featured-images and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.