Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 166 posts
  • 58 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by TheLaw
  • Topic is favorited by 4 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

purple pinside (resized).jpg
    image-placeholder-title (resized).jpg
    eec2c3d25e9d26e3eecb6215eeb34b763797c248 (resized).png
    IMG_4078 (resized).jpg
    mona lisa (resized).jpg
    7F756B47-1C60-49F3-99D1-10C687E2DE6F (resized).jpeg
    D00238BB-C843-4F1E-8ACE-41D74FC64863 (resized).jpeg
    BE50DE70-CEA7-4CCC-A80E-EDDF9E516F79 (resized).png
    99D6AD32-A55E-4FF5-B49E-C08E0C130989 (resized).jpeg
    90520E7F-2F9E-4AF0-98B5-A678C0EFAD0E (resized).jpeg
    51f876108cf62ec0ed7952d417276ee7e475de95 (resized).jpg
    Untitled (resized).png
    s-l1600 (resized).jpg
    rs=w_1200,h_1200 (resized).jpg
    s-l400 (resized).jpg
    tz_gumballs_300x300 (resized).jpg
    There are 166 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 4.
    #51 2 years ago
    Quoted from Flynnyfalcon:

Genuine question... why do people give a shit what others do to their pins? I'm not into clown puke at all, but if someone chooses to do that to their own pin, where's the issue?

Firstly, education is a community service. Secondly, these clown pukers sell the pin 6 months later to someone else who has to fix it. The OP is right. When tons of clueless newbs start turning classics into visual abominations it's no surprise many are speaking out. Imagine if The Louvre began illuminating their masterpieces with ultrabright colored LEDs. Mass public outrage.

#52 2 years ago
    Quoted from irobot:

If you take a translight that was designed to be back-lit by white bulbs,
    and you put bright-colored LEDs behind it in an effort to make it "pop",
    there is 100% probability that it will look awful, either in photos or in person.
    You think would look better in person? it would probably look even worse.[quoted image]

I generally think “to each his own,” but this one drives it home to me. Here’s my CBW with Comet sunlight LEDs in comparison. Taken with an old iPhone so the camera settings are comparable I’m sure.

E2A94650-329B-460F-A3AC-60B0B5930408 (resized).jpegE2A94650-329B-460F-A3AC-60B0B5930408 (resized).jpegFB7E9B0E-0B2D-4B89-97D1-93FB53C17D71 (resized).jpegFB7E9B0E-0B2D-4B89-97D1-93FB53C17D71 (resized).jpeg
    #53 2 years ago
    Quoted from IdahoRealtor:

... Secondly, these clown pukers sell the pin 6 months later to someone else who has to fix it.

Boo hoo

No one is forcing anyone to buy any game. Factor it into the purchase price/decision and move on if changing the LEDs is too costly or time consuming for you.

#54 2 years ago
    Quoted from irobot:

One thing that sucks is that LEDs get rid of GI lighting dimming effects that they used in a lot of high-end games. That's no good.
    My Cirqus Voltare came with SUPER BRIGHT LEDs, they actually sting your eyes a little. So there is that problem, too. I would say that most games are best served with 1 or 2 diode frosted bulbs. The super-brights are pretty useless.

LED OCD and GI OCD are a must for a proper led installation. Retains all the dimming effects as intended and can adjust the brightness of the GI to proper levels. Just putting in some leds is only doing half the job.

#55 2 years ago
    Quoted from Tuna_Delight:

Boo hoo
    No one is forcing anyone to buy any game. Factor it into the purchase price/decision and move on if changing the LEDs is too costly or time consuming for you.

I’m pretty lazy. Even for the worst puke job I’ll usually just change out the lowest third of the playfield for incandescents or white LEDs. Doesn’t take very long to do this.

I really just want to be able to see the pinball. Purple and pink lights down by the flippers are no bueno.

#56 2 years ago

Surprising amount of clown puke defenders here.

#57 2 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

“Honest question” always cracks me up.

Mine is...

Quoted from PopBumperPete:

first world problems

#59 2 years ago

I spent 5 years fighting it.
    Felt good to give up caring.

Always started with, "what do you recommend"?
    and then, "Oh No" I want color everywhere!"

Maybe Younger eyes?

#60 2 years ago

I never said they don't, it's not something I like or do. Again it's everyones own choice to do what they want with their pins. If you don't want to buy it, or play it, don't.

Are you sure it is their own choice? This is the internet where trolling people thoughts, opinions and beliefs seem to be the norm. I kid of course….people can, and should, do what they want with their pins.

I have colored LED inserts in some of my games, and my opinion is they look pretty good. I have recently switched to warm white myself because in my opinion they look pretty good also, and it saves me from buying lots of different colored LEDs.

Good post, I agree 100%

#61 2 years ago
    Quoted from OLDPINGUY:I spent 5 years fighting it.
    Felt good to give up caring.
    Always started with, "what do you recommend"?
    and then, "Oh No" I want color everywhere!"
    Maybe Younger eyes?

you wrote a pinball haiku

#62 2 years ago
    Quoted from Asmig:

LED OCD and GI OCD are a must for a proper led installation. Retains all the dimming effects as intended and can adjust the brightness of the GI to proper levels. Just putting in some leds is only doing half the job.

I should bite the bullet and get the OCD kits.

I just got done paying off my kids colleges. Because I'm a chump. So now I have money to spend again after 7 years.

I'm already throwing money around like a drunken sailor.

TAKE MY MONEY!

7f66d4a4062d6e08680c9d92baceee26 (resized).jpg7f66d4a4062d6e08680c9d92baceee26 (resized).jpg

#63 2 years ago
    Quoted from vidguy:

I generally think “to each his own,” but this one drives it home to me. Here’s my CBW with Comet sunlight LEDs in comparison. Taken with an old iPhone so the camera settings are comparable I’m sure.[quoted image][quoted image]

But your translite doesn't POP.

If colors don't POP, then immediate steps must be taken to fix this critical FLAW.

Obviously, when the artist made the translite originally, there was a GLOBAL SHORTAGE of PAINT and LIGHT BULBS and COLORED BULB CONDOMS.

They WANTED to make the translight colors POP, but they were unable to!!! But I can fix this tragic lack of POPPAGE for you!! FOR FREE!

Here, I turned up the brightness and color saturation to get the most POP-ATION possible.

Have this jpg printed on translucent plastic and get some 5 diode LEDs behind it and it'll look like POP PARADISE. YOU'RE WELCOME!

3f7d93174abb80c9ed527c7221ac98c8d7d14770 (resized).jpg3f7d93174abb80c9ed527c7221ac98c8d7d14770 (resized).jpg
    #64 2 years ago
    Quoted from robnotto:

Are you sure it is their own choice? This is the internet where trolling people thoughts, opinions and beliefs seem to be the norm. I kid of course….people can, and should, do what they want with their pins.
    I have colored LED inserts in some of my games, and my opinion is they look pretty good. I have recently switched to warm white myself because in my opinion they look pretty good also, and it saves me from buying lots of different colored LEDs.
    Good post, I agree 100%

obviously, consumer choices are a matter of free choice. People are free to do whatever they like to their own property.

especially in the case of Clown Puke, where no permanent damage is done to the game.

But... it's still weird. You would expect 1% of pinball owners to turn their pins into purple and pink eyesores. Not 50%.

The fact that clown puking has taken over the hobby is remarkably strange.

On a related note, I think people do owe the hobby the obligation to not make permanent changes to the games. For the sake of leaving the games intact for the next generation of collectors.

Back in the 1950s, war surplus rifles were dirt cheap, like $5 each. So people would practice gunsmithing on them, and "sporterize" them, and basically a vast number of highly valuable collector items were completely ruined.

Some of them are abominations.
    upload_2020-8-19_10-16-11 (resized).pngupload_2020-8-19_10-16-11 (resized).png

#65 2 years ago
    Quoted from irobot:

I should bite the bullet and get the OCD kits.
    I just got done paying off my kids colleges. Because I'm a chump. So now I have money to spend again after 7 years.
    I'm already throwing money around like a drunken sailor.
    TAKE MY MONEY!
    [quoted image]

Well they are out of stock currently. When they are in stock I do recommend getting the printed brackets with them, makes installation even easier.

#66 2 years ago

I just think its a Noob thing. When I got my first pin (a WH20) I was so excited. And you are also excited to tinker and mod. LED's are easiest way to tinker.

Then your next thought is that color is so much more exciting than plain white and it will spice up the game. This is where the error is made.

I think most outgrow this or come to realize you cannot see the artwork with all that splashed on color. But obviously many do not.

#67 2 years ago

Genuine question... why do people give a shit what others do to their pins? I'm not into clown puke at all, but if someone chooses to do that to their own pin, where's the issue?

It's not just looks on why Clown puke is terrible. If it was just looks of the machine only, and didn't effect gameplay, it wouldn't be a problem. The problem is.... The human eye has trouble focusing in short wavelength spectrum colors. The farther to the edges of the spectrum, the more difficult it is to focus and the shorter the light travels. So purple and red is the hardest to see in since they are the edges of the visible spectrum. White light has all the colors of the spectrum, hence why it travels the farthest and lights up everything the most. So when you change your GI's from this, it changes the art package to monochromatic, but also, greatly reduces the visible light to see the ball. In a dark gameroom, a game done in blue, red, purple is almost impossible to see the ball. Games have been taken out of tournaments and leagues, due to no visibility in colored light.

We care, if the person is selling it. Because now you are putting your "taste" on other people to fix. And if you have other people try and play on it. They have to strain to see anything. If you want to do it, go ahead. Just don't have others have to play it, and keep it to yourself, so new people in the hobby, don't think this is the thing to do. Because, newbies look at it in pictures, and think it looks good, but don't realize how impractical it is in a play situation.

#68 2 years ago

Isn’t it odd that everyone doesn’t think like me? Should we not all have the same thoughts and opinions? The amount of time spent criticizing others choices is a complete waste. Some dislike the newbs, or mods, or lighting … who cares. Enjoy the hobby as you like.

#69 2 years ago

I think it’s such a first world problem to be complaining that people put color led their pinball machines. It’s all preference, who really care that much.

#70 2 years ago
    Quoted from Elicash:

I just think its a Noob thing. When I got my first pin (a WH20) I was so excited. And you are also excited to tinker and mod.

There is a weird cult of noob pinball that has coalesced around "Modding/LEDs" as integral to total pinball ownership experience - the TPOE, if you will. The idea has evolved that you really aren't taking part in the hobby unless you swap in LEDs and cover your game in all manner of plastic garbage.

You see it all the time...before people even get their games, they are asking "which key mods should I buy?" and "Who sells the best LED kit?"

I suppose it's even worse now that it's taking months for people to get their games. Idle hands are the Devil's workshop!

Some people get over this as they realize that ownership of these games is usually temporary, and it's a waste of time and money to lipstick pig a game you'll just end up selling or trading in 6 months anyway. For others, it's a lifestyle and addiction that only gets worse.

#71 2 years ago
    Quoted from Greenandwhite:

Isn’t it odd that everyone doesn’t think like me? Should we not all have the same thoughts and opinions? The amount of time spent criticizing others choices is a complete waste. Some dislike the newbs, or mods, or lighting … who cares. Enjoy the hobby as you like.

your strawman argument is noted and appreciated

#72 2 years ago
    Quoted from CaptainNeo:

It's not just looks on why Clown puke is terrible. If it was just looks of the machine only, and didn't effect gameplay, it wouldn't be a problem. The problem is.... The human eye has trouble focusing in short wavelength spectrum colors. ...
    We care, if the person is selling it. Because now you are putting your "taste" on other people to fix. ...

I like to pimp my games out with all sorts of mods including lighting enhancements as part of my enjoyment of the hobby. That said, I have seen plenty of mods, including some LED lighting, that I personally consider to be done in poor (sometimes GOD awful) taste. And I know some others have issues with some of my mods as well.

Be that as it may, your argument against "Clown puke", although it may be correct on a technical human eye function level, is irrelevant. Maybe the owner can see the lighting better or differently than the majority of others who play the game. Or maybe the additional colors just provide him/her more joy when playing the game. And again, as far as having to "fix" the LEDs on a game if you buy it, if it's too much cost and/or trouble, DON't buy it.

Who is anyone to tell someone else what is right or acceptable as far as what they do with their game? Not everyone has to follow the same supposed standards in pinball. Creativity can be a good thing.

BOTTOM LINE: Everyone's games are theirs to do with as they desire. If you don't like it, respect their right, and just move on. Don't criticize and persecute them for it.

#73 2 years ago
    Quoted from irobot:

your strawman argument is noted and appreciated

This thread is trash so … your welcome? Clearly too busy to change lighting but not for endless posting about your preferences. Got it!

#74 2 years ago

I like to pimp my games out with all sorts of mods including lighting enhancements as part of my enjoyment of the hobby. That said, I have seen plenty of mods, including some LED lighting, that I personally consider to be done in poor (sometimes GOD awful) taste. And I know some others have issues with some of my mods as well.
    Be that as it may, your argument against "Clown puke", although it may be correct on a technical human eye function level, is irrelevant. Maybe the owner can see the lighting better or differently than the majority of others who play the game. Or maybe the additional colors just provide him/her more joy when playing the game. And again, as far as having to "fix" the LEDs on a game if you buy it, if it's too much cost and/or trouble, DON't buy it.
    Who is anyone to tell someone else what is right or acceptable as far as what they do with their game? Not everyone has to follow the same supposed standards in pinball. Creativity can be a good thing.
    Bottom line: Everyone's games are theirs to do with as they desire. If you don't like it, respect their right, and just move on. Don't criticize and persecute them for it.

Unless you have super human vision, nobody can see well in colored light. Just think about the days when people had to develop black and white film in a red room. How well could you see in that room? couldn't see for shit. Nobody can. It was a strain to do anything. That's what colored lights do to your GI's.

So if you are selling a game, is like selling a house. How well do you think a house will sell if the walls are painted dark blue, fuchsia, or polka dot? You think the buyer isn't going to be already taking money off in their head, to compensate for the work they have to fix because of "taste"? That's why when selling, they tell you paint the walls white. Stay neutral to appeal to everyone. You go color GI's, you are appealing to 3% of the buyer market. Everyone else is going to be thinking about the time it's going to take to fix it. BUT........... When selling a game. There is NOBODY ... and I mean Nobody that will ever say, that WHITE GI's looks like shit and needs to have money deducted. So when selling. Would you want to appeal to 3%, or 100% of the buyers out there?

And if you are a tournament player, you will know you have been fawked over by having some asshole, put a game in a tournament that has colored GI's, making it so you can't see shit to play. This is the shit that pisses most of us off, and why it can't get out of hand from the newbs.

#75 2 years ago
    Quoted from nexfx:

I think it’s such a first world problem to be complaining that people put color led their pinball machines.

Ah there it is again. Is there anything that isn't a first world problem on a first world pinball message board?!

#76 2 years ago
    Quoted from CaptainNeo:

Unless you have super human vision, nobody can see well in colored light. Just think about the days when people had to develop black and white film in a red room. How well could you see in that room? couldn't see for shit. Nobody can. It was a strain to do anything. That's what colored lights do to your GI's.
    So if you are selling a game, is like selling a house. How well do you think a house will sell if the walls are painted dark blue, fuchsia, or polka dot? You think the buyer isn't going to be already taking money off in their head, to compensate for the work they have to fix because of "taste"? That's why when selling, they tell you paint the walls white. Stay neutral to appeal to everyone. You go color GI's, you are appealing to 3% of the buyer market. Everyone else is going to be thinking about the time it's going to take to fix it. BUT........... When selling a game. There is NOBODY ... and I mean Nobody that will ever say, that WHITE GI's looks like shit and needs to have money deducted. So when selling. Would you want to appeal to 3%, or 100% of the buyers out there?
    And if you are a tournament player, you will know you have been fawked over by having some asshole, put a game in a tournament that has colored GI's, making it so you can't see shit to play. This is the shit that pisses most of us off, and why it can't get out of hand from the newbs.

Valid points as far as potential sales detriments, but whatever. Then the seller will pay any consequences as a result (and maybe learn from the experience). In the meantime, they will enjoy their game as they see fit. Their business - not yours or anyone elses.

If a game doesn't meet tournament gameplay standards, than it shouldn't be accepted for play. Make the rules known beforehand and enforce them. Simple enough.

Pinside would have a lot less drama if we all stop letting someone else's choices piss us off. Newbs (or any other pinheads for that matter) are going to do what they want regardless of whether someone else approves of it or not.

#77 2 years ago

"White bulbs for your general illumination. Anything less would be uncivilized."

hqdefault (1) (resized).jpghqdefault (1) (resized).jpg

#78 2 years ago

only pisses me off, when you have incompetent directors allowing them in for play for major tournaments. Sometimes they are forced to use them, because they have no other games to pick from. Which if the game was done right in the first place, it wouldn't be an issue. Now they have to use a game someone brought, that nobody can see on, but they have to use because they have no other choice.

Educating people on correct lighting, benefits everyone. New people don't realize how much it limits visibility for gameplay. It's like if people got on a kick, on swapping out flipper bats to the tiny small ones used on Woodrails. Newbs see other newbs doing it, and think it's the thing to do. So now they start showing up everywhere. Gets to the point where you can't even buy a game anymore and have to run out and buy normal flipper bats to put back in games. When stuff like this is left unchecked, it runs amuck if people are not educated. Putting colored LED's in a GI socket, is like putting baby flippers in place of normal flippers. Makes it very hard to play and it will not play correctly. if at all.

#79 2 years ago
    Quoted from Lhyrgoif:

You are so wrong!
    Internet is 99% porn and 1% whining, porn everywhere

99% of that 1% comes directly from this website. Stats don't lie

#80 2 years ago
    Quoted from Greenandwhite:

This thread is trash so … your welcome? Clearly too busy to change lighting but not for endless posting about your preferences. Got it!

your you're too to two there their they're

learn these words

know them

#81 2 years ago

Ever notice that when someone criticizes something, some saintly person will say, "Why can't you just respect what other people want to do."

Or, "Why can't you just ignore these things that you don't like and say nothing."

Etc

Here's my question for the Saintly People:

Why don't you just respect that I feel like criticizing? Why don't you just ignore my criticism?

The logic should cut both directions. If everyone should be shielded from the tiniest hint of criticism, shouldn't that idea apply to... everyone?

Why are you criticizing my criticism? That doesn't seem very saintly of you. You're being... critical.

Joking aside:

I don't think it's helpful to people to protect them from all criticism. That's one of the good things about the internet... people can be honest instead of polite.

(Of course, you can overdo the honesty thing.)

Also, the kind of person who would make a Twilight Zone playfield glow bright dayglo pink is not going to be a "sensitive" person who is easily wounded. It's going to be the kind of person who eats Cheese Whiz on white bread and washes it down with Meisterbrau.

While wearing a Wrestlemania T-Shirt.
    Vince-McMahon-WrestleMania-37-1000x600 (resized).jpgVince-McMahon-WrestleMania-37-1000x600 (resized).jpg

#82 2 years ago

If you don't like it, respect their right, and just move on. Don't criticize and persecute them for it.

"Persecute"? C'mon! Is having bad taste a protected class now? Is posting some joke threads persecution?

#83 2 years ago

Pinside would have a lot less drama if we all stop letting someone else's choices piss us off. Newbs (or any other pinheads for that matter) are going to do what they want regardless of whether someone else approves of it.

I used to clown puke games until I saw the original thread and Neos comments about how terrible it looks. I see the value in ordering white LEDs. #Reformed

Now when I see clown puke in a for sale thread I chuckle and say what an asshole.

Quoted from CaptainNeo:

Educating people on correct lighting, benefits everyone

A thread refresher every so often is good. Clown puke sucks. So do blow up clown heads.

#84 2 years ago

I put colored LEDs in my ‘73 Gottlieb Hot Shot, but I can assure you it was tastefully done. It doesn’t look a thing like clown puke, but in all fairness, I don’t think I’ve ever seen a clown puke.

#85 2 years ago
    f3bb30de0c1947cfc69cf848954a32e9dd466c78.jpgf3bb30de0c1947cfc69cf848954a32e9dd466c78.jpg
    #86 2 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

“Honest question” always cracks me up.
    I guess it means that every other question you ask is always dishonest bullshit?

Just a turn of phrase as I'm sure you know. Using it tends to bring a response from the OP, rather than feeling like a rhetorical question. Nothing to do with legitimacy or honesty of other questions.

#87 2 years ago
    Quoted from roffels:

"Persecute"? C'mon! ... Is posting some joke threads persecution?

This thread may have been intended as humor, but a lot of the posts reflect the same attitude found in the repetitive other anti-mod, anti-LED, anti-powdercoating, etc. threads to be found on Pinside.

#88 2 years ago
    Quoted from mrm_4:

The internet is dead. It’s only like 10 sites any more all controlled by advertising bots.
    Pinside’s site is the last of the “old internet”

You're talking about web sites. There's a dearth of variety in websites.

The internet however is vastly larger than just websites.

Any electronic sensor can be placed anywhere on earth and send that information to any other machine on earth. That's the internet.

The web is just for porn though mostly.

#89 2 years ago

dup

#90 2 years ago

High Speed before and after. The back glass is faded but you get the idea. New glass is in the way.

Before

AE8A91E7-42BD-44C9-9AC7-B0E3365A99E5 (resized).jpegAE8A91E7-42BD-44C9-9AC7-B0E3365A99E5 (resized).jpeg

After
    49943F98-A5B7-412C-89D9-01D057B11FBF (resized).jpeg49943F98-A5B7-412C-89D9-01D057B11FBF (resized).jpeg

#91 2 years ago

The main reason why most cars are monochrome and most homes are a shade of grey/beige is the massive cost to paint them and the worry about resale.

If changing the color of a house or car would be as cheap and reversible as changing some $2 LEDs in a pinball machine, we’d be living in a psychedelic color extravaganza.

#92 2 years ago
    Quoted from galore2112:

If changing the color of a house or car would be as cheap and reversible as changing some $2 LEDs in a pinball machine, we’d be living in a psychedelic color extravaganza.

$18 at Amazon, go nuts!

61bb9PJ0Z9L._AC_SL1200_ (resized).jpg61bb9PJ0Z9L._AC_SL1200_ (resized).jpg
    #93 2 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

There is a weird cult of noob pinball that has coalesced around "Modding/LEDs" as integral to total pinball ownership experience - the TPOE, if you will. Some people get over this as they realize that ownership of these games is usually temporary, and it's a waste of time and money to lipstick pig a game you'll just end up selling or trading in 6 months anyway. For others, it's a lifestyle and addiction that only gets worse.

I think Levi hit the nail on the head here. It's an ownership thing- you buy this super expensive thing and then you're like... now what? It's like the game itself isn't fun and challenging enough, now you have to make it yours. I was in that camp temporarily with my first couple games - when I went to sell one later on the buyer was like... yeah I don't want extra stuff. Taught me a valuable lesson.... most "mods" are crap and add nothing to the game.

#94 2 years ago
    Quoted from roffels:

$18 at Amazon, go nuts!
    [quoted image]

Oh, I already went nuts with my bathroom and LEDs years ago!

ED3563DA-77C3-47F5-B9A4-0047D913012A (resized).jpegED3563DA-77C3-47F5-B9A4-0047D913012A (resized).jpeg

F0D80D7C-89A7-4729-91AE-80B0733FF828 (resized).jpegF0D80D7C-89A7-4729-91AE-80B0733FF828 (resized).jpeg

3FB718A1-B308-4B2D-B185-972E12D9FEE9 (resized).jpeg3FB718A1-B308-4B2D-B185-972E12D9FEE9 (resized).jpeg

#95 2 years ago
    Quoted from galore2112:

Oh, I already went nuts with my bathroom and LEDs years ago!
    [quoted image]
    [quoted image]
    [quoted image]

all the games that are color LED'd (GI's) like this, are toilets as well. except with your toilet, it's acceptable, because you don't have to try and follow a reflective ball around. So here it is applied correctly.

#96 2 years ago
    Quoted from CaptainNeo:

all the games that are color LED'd (GI's) like this, are toilets as well. except with your toilet, it's acceptable, because you don't have to try and follow a reflective ball around. So here it is applied correctly.

Well, they might miss the scoop.

#97 2 years ago
    Quoted from truemagoo102:I think Levi hit the nail on the head here. It's an ownership thing- you buy this super expensive thing and then you're like... now what? It's like the game itself isn't fun and challenging enough, now you have to make it yours. I was in that camp temporarily with my first couple games - when I went to sell one later on the buyer was like... yeah I don't want extra stuff. Taught me a valuable lesson.... most "mods" are crap and add nothing to the game.

Some mods I think are a genuine enhancement to the game.

I look at it this way... if the original designers of the game had another $500 to spend, what would they have put in the game?

For example, adding glass gumballs to the gumball machine in TZ is a huge improvement. The way the bowl was designed, you have to assume that it was originally intended to be like that anyway.

But then again, a lot of "mods" kind of clutter up the game and don't quite fit.

The "topper" syndrome is pretty goofy too. Okay, you have a Corvette pinball and you stuck a plastic model of a corvette on top of the backbox. Peachy keen! Nifty-reeno!

#98 2 years ago

But why have a yucky old gumball machine with regular old gumballs in it...

tz_gumballs_300x300 (resized).jpgtz_gumballs_300x300 (resized).jpg
    #99 2 years ago

when you can have a GLOWING PINK gumball machine??

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

save us, pink LEDs, from having a non-pink pinball game!!
    s-l400 (resized).jpgs-l400 (resized).jpg

#100 2 years ago

YAY!

PURPLE AND PINK!!

rs=w_1200,h_1200 (resized).jpgrs=w_1200,h_1200 (resized).jpg
    There are 166 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 4.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/an-explanation-of-why-clown-puke-leds-are-bad/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.