(Topic ID: 64823)

An "Earth-Shakin" Good Deal!! (Pics added)

By Dbaum88

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 25 posts
  • 17 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by cardfelon
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image.jpg
    image.jpg
    image.jpg
    image.jpg
    image.jpg
    #1 10 years ago

So, last night, out of the blue, I get a text from a woman I do not know, asking me if I would like to buy a nice Earthshaker. Apparently, she runs an estate sale business and saw my "for sale" ad on CL (I placed it a month ago). She has seen ads on ebay for near $2000 but would take $1000. She only called me. Its 3 miles from my house. "Hell yes!" I said, of course.

Went over there today. The house is a mansion. The pin is in absolutely mint condition. She bought it 12 years ago from a high end retailer and it has like 100 plays since then. 12 years HUO. The kids went to college. The backglass was like a blinding mirror, I needed sunglasses like the character in the car. PF, plastics and cabinet perfect too.

Well, the game turned on but wouldn't play. Then it did but just one time. I could hear the sounds, they were just low. Its something simple, its just been sitting a while. Battery, fuse, etc. Should take my tech guy 10 minutes to be 100%. She lowered the price to - $750.00.

Sometimes the pinball gods smile at you. This is one of those days.

#2 10 years ago

I think you should mark that bad boy up 50% and sell it to me for $1150. It will be painful to pay such a marked up price but I'll do it.

#3 10 years ago

Congrats! That's an awesome story.

Marc

#4 10 years ago

Awesome find! Was looking for one around here.

#5 10 years ago

Thanks guys. Pays me back for all the times I overpaid. Lol.

Weirdest part? A stranger texted me out of nowhere with this awesome deal!

#6 10 years ago

Glad to see another ES entering circulation in the GA collector community!

#7 10 years ago

Pass the good Karma on!!!

#8 10 years ago

T2 - consider it passed on. Great deals for everybody!

Swamp - feel free to borrow or trade anytime!

#9 10 years ago

Swamp - I'm still amazed she didn't call Brett instead of me!

#10 10 years ago

Welp, that's it. I'm moving to Roswell

#11 10 years ago

I bought one a few years ago for $200, but it was covered in grease as the family ran a retail barbecue business out of their trailer! They tried to sell me a pool table, sewing machine, snow plow, I could go on and on! Weirdest pin trip ever. Congrats though! ES rocks!~SpOoKy

#12 10 years ago
    Quoted from Dbaum88:

T2 - consider it passed on. Great deals for everybody!
    Swamp - feel free to borrow or trade anytime!

Heck yeah! I'll PM you with some options. I love temp trades!

1 week later
    #13 10 years ago

Update: my amazing pinball tech had the Earthshaker shaking in just 15 minutes. And its awesome. Nothing like a solid Williams classic. Fun, fun game. Lots of shots. Tight EB shot, great lock shot, 1sts shaker motor. Nice humor, mirrored backglass. I'm in love.

At least until the next pin but....it's definitely a keeper

#14 10 years ago

Congrats! ES is a great pin! One of the first to really hook me on pinball.

#15 10 years ago

Share some pictures!

#16 10 years ago

No, it's NOT a keeper (once you are ready to send it my way, and yes I call dibs on your collection!) Congrats and congrats to me in advance when it joins my collection. Now, someone text me with an option to buy a nice HUO title!

#17 10 years ago

Thanks guys. Pics coming tomorrow. I had no idea the pin was so fun.

And yes shimoda, when I die, its all yours!! lol Or when I sell or trade......

#18 10 years ago

Fantastic. I agree on the pictures.

#19 10 years ago

Very jealous! Congratulations on the score.

#20 10 years ago

Thanks guys! I was lucky for sure.

Here are some pics. It wasn't perfect when I got it home, but it's in really great shape and it plays like a dream.

image.jpgimage.jpg image.jpgimage.jpg image.jpgimage.jpg

#21 10 years ago

A few more.

image.jpgimage.jpg image.jpgimage.jpg

#22 10 years ago

Great price and glad to hear you got such a great deal. Pin Gods were smiling at you that day.

#23 10 years ago

the quickest/safest way to score big is shoot the ramp over and over and over. if u have it dialed in u r golden.

#24 10 years ago

Envy envy envy. Earthshaker is my first choice for my next pin, since I can't afford TZ or TAF.

#25 10 years ago

Congrats on the great pickup!

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/an-earth-shakin-good-deal and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.