I don't know how to highlight my responses below, so please bear with me. I responded after each question or test.
Here's the results of the testing for paulace:
1. PU is on rivet 12 during ball 4 (not shown). Ball 4 drains - "Ball Return" switch closes, which turns on the O relay. YES
2. Switch on O starts score motor running, when Motor 4C switch closes in Ball Return Coil circuit, Return Coil kicks ball out - very shortly after that, Motor 2B opens to de-energize O relay since Ball Return switch is now open. YES
3. Ball closes trough switch on the way to shooter lane, energizes P relay. YES
4. Something starts the score motor (not sure what). YES IT CYCLES
5. Since score motor is turning, Motor 1A will generate 5 pulses. Of those 5 pulses:
- pulse 1 doesn't get through to the "Add PU coil"
- pulse 2 gets through Motor 2C to "Add PU coil" and moves PU 1 position to rivet 13, which closes P2G
- pulse 3 gets through P2G / PB2 to "Add PU coil" and moves PU 1 position to rivet 14, which closes P3G
- pulse 4 gets through P3G / PB3 to "Add PU coil" and moves PU 1 position to rivet 15, which closes P4G
- pulse 5 gets through P4G / PB4 to "Add PU coil" and moves PU 1 position to rivet 16, which is Player 1/ Ball 5. YES ALL THAT HAPPENS
6. Motor 2B opens and relaxes the P relay. Should be ready to play Player 1, Ball 5 at this point. YES
O relay should be off at this time, so getting to rivet 16 should not energize the XB relay. It shouldn't energize XB until ball 5 drains and O energizes.
If this highlighted O switch below was closed, would that account your issue? Can you check that switch, Jim? Make sure that switch is open or the O relay is not still on when the PU fires 4 times to get to Ball 5. THAT SWITCH IS OPEN AND THE O RELAY IS OFF
HERE's the results from testing for DaMoib:
One other thing while you're in there - could you verify that XB is in fact activating when the match lights come on? When XB activates, a bunch of other things SHOULD be happening as well: YES, XB IS ACTIVATING
1)the ball return kickout should be disabled YES IT IS DISABLED
2)the add player unit should be disabled YES, THE P RELAY IS DISABLED. IF I HIT THE START BUTTON, IT RESTARTS A GAME FROM BALL 1.
3)QB should get set (and ALL the things it does when set should happen) NO! THE QB RELAY IS NOT SET!
4)Matches should be awarded every time O triggers IT DOES NOT AWARD A MATCH UNTIL THE GAME IS OVER, AND NOT WHEN THE MATCH NUMBER LIGHTS UP.
5)P1, P2, P3, P4 score lights should turn on together NO, THIS DOEES NOT HAPPEN
6)The 4th player coin light should turn on YES, IT IS ON
7)Match score lights should turn on YES, IT IS ON. BUT IT CAN CHANGE DURING BALL 5 PLAY.
I hope this helps shed light on the issue.