• Latest reply 10 years ago by joemagiera
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image.jpg
image-1[1].jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Eryeal.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#38 11 years ago

Everyone assumes that if it's on Ebay, the seller needs to sell it immediately. This just isn't the case - many "professional" Ebay sellers have no problems relisting for a year until something sells, if they know it will eventually sell. It's different on something that may depreciate (ie computers, etc), but for pinball machines, collectibles, etc - many sellers put up listings knowing they may be up for months before selling.

#46 11 years ago
Quoted from edwinpblue:

why does this surprise anyone. there are dirtbags and bottom feeders everywhere in life; why would pinheads be any different. I hate the greedy people who go to auction and sell their games for a net price that is less than what they would sell a pin for here. there is nothing wrong with keep things in the community. if more people did business with friends it's my opinion that the douche nozzles would be out of business while the good guys would thrive.
my dry cleaner is a friend as are my attorney and dr. ask yourselves this. when you need goods or services do you think to go to someone you know? most don't. insurance? is it with a friend? do you go expecting a discount or do you go paying full fare knowing its going to a friend. why make eBay or the local auction house rich when you could sell for 5-20% less in the community.
remember the TF LE that some low life bought at auction then immediately tried to flip on eBay? what did he clear?!? $200? $700? who knows depending on the Tennessee auction fees. And while I am at it shame on the original seller. he would have taken home just as much had he sold here or mr pinball but instead the greedy sob paid auction fees and then made less take home then he would have keeping it here.

This is a bit unfair. It's like saying you should never use a realtor because of their fees and you should just sell your home on your own, you should never trade in a car, etc, because you should never let others make money on your items. There are many reasons to sell on Ebay or sell in the community. And you can't say that you make more money here or there - I've seen ridiculously high Ebay sales, and I've seen ridiculously high Pinside sales (IMO). I've seen machines sell here that I think would sell for less on Ebay, and I've seen machines sell on Ebay that I think would sell for less on here. To each their own - you have to be careful trying to judge others so quick just because they list their machine on Ebay. Pinball dealers buy their machines in quantity low and sell higher - that's doesn't make them scum. Without them, we wouldn't have machines.

#48 11 years ago
Quoted from edwinpblue:

I mostly agree with you. I wouldn't forgo a realtor to sell a house. I guess my point is its a shame when a game doesn't end up in a players hands strictly because some lowlife wants to flip it and make $200. I'm not saying they can't do that but I won't back off my slimebag comment. if someone makes a living off of hustling then that isn't someone who is a productive member of society.
if higher prices is the way of the future then so be it. if no correction comes then it is what it is. I still think its sad that a player DOESN'T get a game because a bottom feeder who flips product for a living drove the price up. I got a good deal on my LOTR, TAF, acdc and TRS. did I flip them? no. would I ask top dollar IF I sold them? maybe. would I ask top dollar then dig my heals in and relist multiple times to recoup my money because I'm getting burned in the resale/flipping arena like the eBay post mention in the thread? hell no. personally I hope he and the TF LE clown lose their shirt. that is my opinion and people are free to disagree.

I understand what you're saying, just disagree. I know a great jukebox/amusement&arcade machine dealer that simply goes and buys their machines across the country - some of them they fix up and sell, but most they just sell outright without doing anything to them. Been doing it for 20+ years, and have a huge business with hundreds of machines in their warehouse. Doesn't make them or the company a slimebag - they are providing a service. And they had to start somewhere - probably by realizing that at some point they could find machines and resell them at a small profit. That small profit gets magnified the more the volume went up, and it becomes a business. The bottom line is the games always end up in a players hands - just some end up costing a bit more. As a consumer I can hunt and hunt for a great deal on a particular machine, and wait months .. or perhaps I just want to buy one NOW in great condition - if I want to buy one NOW, chances are I may end up buying from a flipper/dealer. The flipper may just be a big business, or one person - but in the end, they are buying machines for the sole purpose of selling them higher. They are usually providing a service of having machines ready to sell to consumers that want it now - many consumers can't wait, or don't want to, or simply don't want to take the time to research, to find a great deal. Every time my car needs gas, I don't do research to find the cheapest gas station. But many people do, and save money. But for me, saving $1.50 on gas (10 cents x 15 gallons) isn't worth my time or effort. Again, there are people who disagree. But ....... to each their own!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 65.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Eryeal.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/an-asset-or-cancer-to-pinball?tu=Eryeal and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.