I'm hoping this thread may help someone in the future. The following is my restoration of an Addams Family. I've done a few restores, but this is the 1st "A" title that I get to keep. TAF was a grail machine for me, and I could not wait to bring it back to its glory.
I'm not going to post everything, since there are numerous better posts that cover the restore process. But, as i get feedback or questions, I can post updates and additional information as requested.
I'd be wrong to not mention 2 local Houston guys, whom recently assisted with Decal and Board testing.
I will be updating as i get time over the next few days/weeks.
- Came over 90% working
- A little bit more than normal cabinet damage (delimitation mainly, some areas missing wood, problems at the joints of the cab)
- Playfield had wear in the normal areas for TAF down to the bare wood
- Missing the knocker (Still looking for this, if anyone has one)
- Welds broken on every scoop (normal)
- Miscellaneous other broken parts
- Random rust everywhere...
Some Before Pics...