9 months ago

Topic Stats

• 12 posts
  • 9 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 months ago by rogerdodger
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 9 months ago

Hi Guys:

A few years ago, I lived in San Diego and bought a Funhouse.

I removed the playfield to do a thorough top and bottom cleaning, being careful to put blue tape (marked with numbers), on all the connectors.

When done, I kept the machine in the garage, as my young daughter said that Rudy freaked her out! Even though it was in the garage, my daughter kept begging me to sell it. Well, what could I do? I sold it (locally), as she had asked.

About 10 years later, we had moved to Los Angeles and my daughter was now older, so I decided to look for another Funhouse.

I saw an ad on Craigslist for a Funhouse that seemed ridiculously cheap. I immediately called the guy, and scurried round to his office where he had the machine, which was about a 30 minute drive away.

When I arrived, he said that he had been inundated with calls offering a lot more than he was asking but I was the first and he would sell it to me at his asking price. I felt really bad, as it was worth considerably more than he was asking, so I did point out to him his error in valuation and said that I would pay him some extra.

His response was that he had used it in his office for a number of years and was more than happy with the fun he had with it and only wanted to get his money back. He did thank me profusely for offering more.

So, I paid a deposit, rented a pick-up truck and picked up the machine later that day.

When I got it home, I removed the backglass to check the batteries, etc. and, to my amazement, I saw 2 pieces of blue tape, with my writing on them!

Yes, lo and behold, this was the same Funhouse that I had sold 100 miles away, 10 years previously!!

We had a big celebration to welcome Rudy home!!!

Just thought I would share.

Roger

#2 9 months ago
    Quoted from rogerdodger:

Yes, lo and behold, this was the same Funhouse that I had sold 100 miles away, 10 years previously!!

We had a big celebration to welcome Rudy home!!!

Just thought I would share.

That's great, I kept reading and thinking NO WAY.. yes way, very cool! Thanks for the great story.

#3 9 months ago
    Quoted from rogerdodger:

Rudy freaked her out, so my daughter kept begging me to sell Funhouse.
    About 10 years later, my daughter now older, I decided to look for another Funhouse.
    When I got it home, this was the same Funhouse that I had sold 100 miles away 10 years previously!

Rudy stalked you over all that time and all that distance? No wonder it freaked her out. Better sleep with the lights on.

#4 9 months ago

Hope you rang the guy and told him.

#5 9 months ago

We had an odds and evens at our house as a kid in the 70s 80s.
    It had a hole cut out under the coin box where someone had broke into it on route.
    Dad sold the game in late 80s.
    I go to a pinball show see an odds and evens put my hand under cabinet .. Yup it was our old game.

#6 9 months ago

No pics?

#7 9 months ago

Your daughter is probably just tickled pink its back

#8 9 months ago
    Quoted from mjg417:

Your daughter is probably just tickled pink its back

Was thinking the same. She may be happy dad got his new game back but I’m not sure I would let her know the exact game that haunted her all those years is now “Back” and in the House. Lol. Congrats and thanks for the great story.

#9 9 months ago

Nah... It was a number of years back and Rudy is, sadly, no longer with us.

However, if anyone has a restored Funhouse that they would like to part with, I'm your man! I miss Rudy!!!

Send me a PM if you have restored one and let's make a deal! Shipping not a problem.

Roger

#10 9 months ago
    Quoted from rogerdodger:

Nah... It was a number of years back and Rudy is, sadly, no longer with us.
    However, if anyone has a restored Funhouse that they would like to part with, I'm your man! I miss Rudy!!!
    Send me a PM if you have restored one and let's make a deal! Shipping not a problem.
    Roger

Sorry I misunderstood. I thought you recently brought Rudy back to your place.

#11 9 months ago
    Quoted from mollyspub:

Sorry I misunderstood. I thought you recently brought Rudy back to your place.

So did I , Must be just a thought out of the blue and post it.

#12 9 months ago
    Quoted from Brtlkat:

So did I , Must be just a thought out of the blue and post it.

That's exactly what it was....

It was a while back and I was just reminiscing and thought I would share it.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 9,000.00
    $ 9.00
    Cabinet Parts
    Third Coast Pinball
    Cabinet - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 66.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 2.50
    Playfield - Decals
    Doc's Pinball Shop
    $ 269.00
    Cabinet - Other
    PinGraffix Pinside Shop
    $ 5.00
    Various Other Swag
    UpKick Pinball
    $ 38.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Pinball Mod Co.
    $ 43.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    The MOD Couple
    $ 249.00
    Cabinet - Toppers
    Tilttopper
    € 25.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    TheDudeMods
    $ 99.00
    $ 40.00
    Various Other Swag
    JK Pinball
    $ 79.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    pinballmod
    $ 68.00
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    € 8.10
    Flipper Parts
    Buthamburg
    $ 26.50
    € 6.50
    Flipper Parts
    Buthamburg
    $ 30.00
    Electronics
    Third Coast Pinball
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    PinBoss Mods
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    PinBoss Mods
    $ 6,750.00
    Pinball Machine
    Classic Game Rooms
    $ 35.00
    Cabinet - Decals
    Pinball Haus
    Electronics
    nvram.weebly.com
    $ 15.00
    Electronics
    PIN-UPS
    $ 48.00
    Cabinet - Other
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 48.00
    Cabinet - Other
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 20.00
    Playfield - Decals
    Metal-Mods
    $ 5,999.00
    Pinball Machine
    Arizona Pinball
    $ 19.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ULEKstore

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside