Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 27 posts
  • 13 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by desertT1
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider evandickson.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#3 5 years ago

Gambling machines are prevalent where I live. I tried to operate public pinball for a couple of years, and VLTs were 90% of the reason I failed to have any success.

When a bar owner has the option of a installing a dozen relatively small machines, each of which will make them $500 per day, or installing a couple pinball machines, which basically help them sell a few dozen extra drinks per day, they choose VLTs.

I think VLTs are the devil. Most of the people using them have addictions issues and are sinking their entire paycheck (or social assistance) into them as soon as they get it. I can't believe the government preys on its weakest citizens this way.

#7 5 years ago

Technically I guess this is why Bally / Williams got out of pinball themselves way back when, to start producing lottery machines.

#13 5 years ago
    Quoted from Rob_G:

I can believe it. The profits are basically blood money earned off the backs of many who really cannot afford to lose what they do. And it's getting worse with higher bet amounts and lower payout percentages. People can get into trouble a whole lot easier now.
    Rob

The ones in PEI do not take coins. They take credit cards or bills (for our American friends, the lowest bill denomination in Canada is the $5). It's crazy.

#18 5 years ago
    Quoted from chad:

30% off the top plus Federal percentage. Operator and location get 35 % each. State does not take 97% . Plus Sci games gets a minute percentage per machine, if you have NRT terminal redemption , they also get a minute percentage and $ 500 per unit per year if you have the call in reboot option.

There are operators for these in the USA? In Canada the government is the operator.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider evandickson.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/amusement-operators-vs-gambling-machines?tu=evandickson and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.