(Topic ID: 247127)

Mars Trek keeps blowing fuse

By 85vett

4 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

MT (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider 85vett.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 4 years ago

I'm pretty new to EM's and am now officially stumped. I recently picked up a Mars Trek that was playing good except for two issue. One was the player 3 10K real wasn't resetting and the 1 to 4 can play lights weren't working. I fixed the 10K real as it was just sticky. Put a new sleeve in the coil and cleaned up all the pivot points. I fixed the other lights as well as that leaf on the coin wheel wasn't touching the board.

I started a game and played through ball 1 of players 1 and 2. With player three once I got to 100K I blew a fuse. Started looking at the things I worked on and nothing seems out of the ordinary plus it was the 100K real that had it happen. Checked the gaps on everything and everything look right.

Here's the kicker. If I manually move some of the score reals. When I go to start a game, it goes through and resets all the scores to Zero and then it blows the fuse again. I hear a buzz sound right when it blows. Can anyone please point me in the right direction on what to check next and how to check it?

The fuze that keeps blowing is the one in green below. Full schematics are here - https://www.ipdb.org/files/1550/Sonic_1977_Mars_Trek_Schematic_Diagram_continuous.pdf
    MT (resized).jpgMT (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider 85vett.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/amrs-trek-keeps-blowing-fuse?tu=85vett and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.