Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Screenshot_20220628-222007 (resized).png
Screenshot_20220628-222225 (resized).png
20211001_111054 (resized).jpg

#1 10 months ago

Good afternoon,

I am currently working a Stern "James Cameron's Avatar (pro)" and when it came in, the AMP Suit legs were broken. The shop purchased the replacement AMP Suit parts, but when assembled the robot is too tall. It looks to be the same AMP suit as that came in the machine, but the one on the machine is modified. Does anyone have a guide on how to modify the new robot to operate like the one that comes on the game?

20211001_111054 (resized).jpg
8 months later
#2 40 days ago

Hello, it is really simple. Sorry for the late response, but i got my game just 3 weeks ago and was replacing my mech too.
The problem is all of the legs will probably break at a point, because there is a lot of movement in the amp suit mechanism.
The original toy is plug and play to 100%.

1. The mech is orginally leaning foward in a crouching position, it's move to the absolutely lowest leg position to have enough space to be mounted.

2. Stern removed the little screw inside the leg to fix the leg with a bigger woodscrew into the plastic.

3. Stern fixed the smaller part of the Leg to the mech body with two screws, a spacer and one washer.

4. Most of the movement comes from the feet of the mech.

I pre drilled the holes to fix the screws a bit more easy, stern probably just smashed anything together in a dirty way.

I try to show the pics.

Greetings Dan

Screenshot_20220628-222007 (resized).pngScreenshot_20220628-222225 (resized).png
Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Cleveland, OH
$ 370.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
$ 6.00
$ 99.00
Playfield - Other
Arcade Upkeep
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Machine - For Sale
Toledo, OH
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
$ 74.00
Lighting - Backbox
Arcade Upkeep

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, become a Pinside+ member!