• 4 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by GameVault
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20160626_193650_(resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ercvacation.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 7 years ago

As the title states my Amigo starts on ball 2 instead of ball 1 so my 5 ball game is only 4 balls. I've worked on my 4 solid state games a lot but never on an EM. Any help would be appreciated.

20160626_193650_(resized).jpg20160626_193650_(resized).jpg

#3 7 years ago

Lol that is just answering by rephrasing my question. Anybody else have some info on this? Maybe a pic of what I will be looking at. On my solid state I just went through a switch test. Located the trough switches not working and replaced. You will have to excuse my lack of knowledge on EM's but I will learn just like I did on SS games.

#5 7 years ago

Thanks! I'll give it a look when I get home from work and report back.

2 years later
#6 5 years ago

I'm bringing up this old topic. I never got around to fixing this so amigo just sat for a long while. I have all my other projects fixed so time to knock this one out...... Hopefully.

The entire ball count mechanism seems to work. I manually advanced and reset the unit by hand about 20 times without a single issue. The game always reset fine. Obviously the ball was out for this. When I put the playfield down, and tried to play, it immediately started the game on game two...... WTF. I took the ball out and put the playfield up and once again, it worked perfectly. Once I start a game with the ball in the trough, it goes to ball 2 every time. It has to have something to do with the trough switch. I'm kind of lost though cause all the other balls cycle properly. Can anyone help me out?

#7 5 years ago

To expand on things, there is another issue where if you get an extra ball, it never goes away no matter how many times you drain the ball. I can manually change this. Looking at the schematic, the outhole and extra ball are related so maybe this is one issue causing both problems.

#8 5 years ago

Did some other testing this morning. With a ball in the outhole, I start a game. It properly moves to ball one but then switches to ball 2 before moved to shooter lane. Something in the sequence doesn't have enough time to do what it needs to do to shoot the ball to shooter lane before it registers a ball drain. It's only when you first start a game and no other ball is effected. How does a game startup process work? Any ideas?

#9 5 years ago

I can start a two player game and it properly starts on ball 1.

#10 5 years ago

Bump. Anyone have any suggestions?

#12 5 years ago

Now I can't hit the credit button to start a game lol. I'm lost.

About to call in for reinforcements.

#14 5 years ago

I'm back up with the start button working. Now I don't advance past 1st ball on drain. These things are very touchy. I spent a bunch of hours reading about em's and reviewing the schematics. I'm starting to get an understanding of things. Hopefully I can get things moving in the right direction.

#16 5 years ago

I did that yesterday. It works perfectly when done manually. I'm not seeing the coil fire now when the outhole switch is activated. I'll just go through the schematic and see what I screwed up. Working on my first EM is definitely different. I appreciate the input you have provided so far. At first I was lost. I'm starting to gain some traction.

#17 5 years ago

I definitely think. I have some iffy connections. I ended up knocking. Out the playfield gi. The big connector in the back of the cab was the culprit for this. I'm back to having the balls advance and my gi is back but I still have the issues of the game starting a single player game on ball 2 and the extra ball never turns off. Lots of hours to end up back in the same place. Could the problem be in the score motor? Am I missing something in one of the processes? What normally prevents the game from registering a drain on startup since the ball is sitting in the outhole? Any help is appreciated.

#19 5 years ago

Yep. That's what caused me to lose playfield gi. Maybe I didn't reseat that one properly the first time.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist
Protection
Cabinet - Other
The Pinball Scientist
Other
Machine - For Sale
Chelsea, MI
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
$ 37.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room
Decorations
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ercvacation.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/amigo-starts-on-ball-2?tu=ercvacation and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.