IMG_20160628_203316253_HDR_(resized).jpg
2016-05-14_12.04.53_(resized).jpg
2016-05-13_13.18.09_(resized).jpg
2016-05-14_12.04.50_(resized).jpg
IMG_20160507_141001754_TOP_(resized).jpg
IMG_20160504_152526532_(resized).jpg
image_(resized).jpeg
IMG_20160311_143243873_(resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider whysnow.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#12 8 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

If tourney mode = ON, during Skill Shot alternate between all 4 scores and Skill Shot animation

regardless of tourney/competition or normal play mode, I want to be able to see all 4 players current scores before launching my ball.

For example when playing for fun on route it is nice to see where you stand before plunging your ball. Compeition happens most commonly in regular mode as I only change settings to tourney when running a bigger event.

For ball search, first thing to always have it do is fire the pop bumpers a few times in rapid succession. The most common balls stick is still at the pops. Copncentrate the initial action in that area to get the game moving again/ quicker than waiting on multiple ball searches.

I have other code ideas but best to discuss when we meet up.

#16 8 years ago

I want a sneaky pool bonus. When you defeat a minion and are able to squeak in 1 more hit post kill but before the bank comes back up. Make this something cool and drop in an easter egg for doing it.

#17 8 years ago

oh yeah, while you are at it, get colorDMD to work and upsell it to all 150 owners. I would easily drop an extra $100 (plus the $400 for the colorDMD) to make my AMH into color.

That is 15k in you pocket Ben

Maybe even work out a deal in advance w ColorDMD guys to get a prearranged discount price so you can then upsell the displays to owners and make a little extra. Pretty much a promissed sell of 120-150 units if you were to colorize.

#21 8 years ago

tilt warnings need better priority and need to slam through in your face when they happen. Competitively a tilt warning should come immediate from switch closure and let you know to chill quick.

1 month later
#34 8 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

I've finally got some time to work on the AMH update.
Sub-wizard mode... Should just starting every ghost battle be enough or is that itself even too deep?
Could make enabling it shallower but not sure where to draw the line.

like I say for all things, "make it user selectable"

I think you are on point with the complete all docors thing for a sub wiz-mode. So 6? doctors would be default.

What are you thinking will happen during teh sub-wizard mode.

Really looking forward to checking things out after the brainstorming session yesterday. I think we stumbled on some other really fun additions and stoked you are making these!

I am pretty busy but happy to stop over and test/provide feedback when you are ready Ben.

#38 7 years ago
Quoted from jrobinso99:

How about complete X number of doctors instead of just starting them? Similar to Hand of the King. That way we don't have people timing out modes. Any rule that promotes timing out modes should be avoided IMO.
-Jay

agreed! timing out sucks!

alternate would be to code in so trapping the ball stops any timer, but I am not a real fan of that either.

#55 7 years ago

sounds like you need to make a physical adjustment to the door. That should not be happening.

#58 7 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

The door moving slightly when hit is part of the code.

yes, but the door should not open far enough for the ball to accidentally go behind it. The door should go back to closed post each shot.

#70 7 years ago
Quoted from RandyV:

Nit pick, I know.

nope, just good polish suggestion. The little things are what really make the whole project complete IMO.

#72 7 years ago
Quoted from HappyDayz:

It was really confusing at first. Not sure if anyone else experienced that?

I find it to be VERY intuitive. If not right away, then after the first shot it should make sense if you are watching and listening.

#79 7 years ago

Ben > simple code additional request.

Game needs some funny callouts added when in attract mode and you hit a flipper button. Most 90s on games have this. When NOT in a game and you hit the flipper button it does something cheesy to intice you to play a game. Most of them are funny callouts.

Given the current hype of GB "I ain't afraid of no ghost" would be funny to add.
add a few of them. "Hey you cheap SOB, you gotta pay to play"

etc...

#82 7 years ago

code is coming along nice Ben! Looking forward to all the new stuff you are working on.

#83 7 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

Hilton in his sort-of-weekly examination of new code. If it makes him happy, it'll make ANYONE happy
He had a good idea for enabling sub-wizard mode. Complete MB, Minion and Photo Hunt, then start sub mode at the scoop. Thoughts?

nice job editing out the photo so people dont see the obvious hint to the next 3 games in the background

#85 7 years ago

ball search polish needed Ben. Pls add it to the list.

ANYTIME the game needs to ball search, the first coils to fire should be the pop bumpers. Fire the lower left multiple times, followed by the others multiple times. That is still the number 1 ball hang up, so go there first to free it. When a stuck ball happens, players want it to get freed quickly and the game to keep playing.

Also, fir the one in the scoop a couple of times in early in the search sequence. Balls are sometimes hung up in the subway and just a little vibration is enough to get it moving again.

#116 7 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

Or do a v23 with the above, and a v24 later this summer or fall?

send v23 once you have it polished a bit, but soon. That will give everyone a chance to find any new bugs and provide some feedback.

Then push 24 this late summer.

Heads up that there will likely be v25 with final small polish. It is inevitable with this many changes that we will discover some small tweaks needed from the new things added.

HUGE THANKS for all this work Ben!!! This should be the precedent for ALL Spooky coders! Deliver the games, and KEEP updating to make things better!!!!!!!!!!!!

#120 7 years ago
Quoted from TomGWI:

Just a question and not code related: Anyone have a fix for the ball getting trapped by the lower bumper on the left side?

yeah, code

needs a quicker ball search with a few fast pulses starting at that pop. That is the most common stick point it seems. You can change the rubber under there to be a little bigger and it will help. Take off the jump ramp landing thing and you will see what I mean.

#122 7 years ago
Quoted from TomGWI:

So just double up the rubber back there on the post? I can try that.
Thanks Tommy.

double bag it. Have you seen where that girl has been...

#125 7 years ago
Quoted from Tsskinne:

tough call on protection for playfield, or removal for better play.

I removed and put down mylar. All seems to be just fine. Spooky pfs are TOUGH as nails.

#142 7 years ago
Quoted from maddog14:

OMG Whysnow has a good suggestion!!!!!!

thanks

#149 7 years ago

that ball stick spot looks like it could be fixed by just switching to the old school rubber nut thing or possibly a smaller height nut in place of the nylon lock nut?

3 weeks later
#157 7 years ago
Quoted from FalconPunch:

Hey Ben,
Just got the game today. It's great. Simple request. In attract mode can you make the start button blink? It stays solid regardless of the game state.

it should only blink when there is a credit on the machine.

Aside form that it should be off.

#163 7 years ago
Quoted from u2sean:

Going from memory on this one, but I'm 99% sure the Start button is in the GI line along with the coin slots, so it's always on. I don't think there's anything that could be done to change behavior via code without effecting other lamps...

oops.

Guessing this was fixed on RZ?

#168 7 years ago
Quoted from rockrand:

Song writer also,multitalented for sure Ben

He is one of the best huggers I have ever met also! The man has a gentle soul.

#170 7 years ago

He just says that to be coy about his great hugging ability.

Get a few beers in the guy and he is a hugger like the best of them

2 weeks later
#183 7 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

Most of the v23 fixes are already done, just need to program new mode, add some speech, and then add WhySnow's combo multiplier idea.
Just kind of taking it slow, goal is end of summer.

Ben > If you want to beta v23 on our route game then let me know. We can meet and dowload it whenever.

#189 7 years ago

super looking forward to this!

3 weeks later
#199 7 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

For real this time!

I call BS. There will be some minor tweaks after v24. You also are a perferctionist and will finally wrap it up with v25!

Looking forward to all the updates! Thanks for all your hard work Ben! really shows your dedication to the hobby

1 week later
#204 7 years ago
Quoted from pinlynx:

That's where the rest of us come in. Hooray open source code!

agreed, but there will be one final polish for sure (IMO). Ben is adding a TON of content to AMH for the next release. There will for sure need to be just some small polish due to the shear content. It will take me a hundred games and some competitive play to get a real feel for how all these great depth changes will impact the game and new strategies that players start to take on.

If you are not excited, you should be. I have been lucky enough to see most of the content and WOW is it adding tons to this title.

-New sub-wizard mode (achievable but still tough)
-TONS of new funny callouts (more and better lighting and callout effects to help players understand what to do)
-new animations
-tweaks that allow for more collection of ORB/ multipliers (bonus will now add some strategy)
-bonus X shot capabilities being added (that is right... ability to now have strategic use of when you want to cash in a multiplier for a specific shot or jackpot)
-easter eggs
-and so much more!

Ben is taking this game up a notch for sure!

Risk reward capabilites, playing off the physical risk/reward of the game better, more user selectable options in menus, better tilt debounce, just plain FUN.

1 week later
#212 7 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

A check to see if the player did all 3 unique in one game is pretty easy to add, code-wise.
What should the reward be? Double the skill shot value?
Right now the base score is 250k pops, 125k ORB, 500k behind hellavator (harder = more points)
This is ALSO multiplied by what Ball # you are on, so making Hellavator shot on Ball 3 is worth more than doing it Ball 1.
If there's any other tweaks people want let me know - I want to cut this off week before Labor Day.

I like the idea of double value, but maybe double the combined value.

In other words, complete the final skillshot and you get 1,750,000 points as a bonus. Don't make this ball dependent; ie. no multiplier on top of this. That would be unbalanced. It will most likely be happening on ball 3 anyway.

#213 7 years ago

Side note > I will likely be selling my NIB AMH if anyone is looking.

My old car is finally about dead and I found an upgrade on the used market that I will likely be buying next week.

I will get an ad up sometime soon. Thinking 8k should get it sold quick.

#217 7 years ago
Quoted from jrobinso99:

Do you try to get hellevator out of the way early since it's hard or do you save it for last to cash in?

hellevator is the easiest actually. Since there is no penalty for short plunging 100 times till you get it just right.

#219 7 years ago

that would be nice to have it programmed so the ball can only leave the shooter lane 3 times before removing skillshot opportunity.

#223 7 years ago
Quoted from Playerone:

Maybe it auto plungers on the third attempt

I like this!

Quoted from Playerone:

What if you could bet part of your score to make the skill shot. If you miss you lose the points you bet with, if you make the shot you double them.

I dont like this. Could really unbalance the game and the skillshot has enough going on already.

#229 7 years ago
Quoted from toyotaboy:

https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/rec.games.pinball/phcu6e8imoM
"Hit each of the three different skill shots one time for a special animation on the dot matrix screen"

you also get an added 50mil.

#239 7 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

There's already WAY too much code associated with the pops, I'm not touching that!
Probably just points, I'll touch base with Hilton on how to balance it.

looking forward to bug testing and final tweaks next week.

2 weeks later
#258 7 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

Might push the release back to September 9th (new Phantasmic Friday)
Want to make sure I've tested everything and not sure if I'll have enough free time this week.
Stay tuned!

I can swing over after work on Tuesday if you need more evaluation of it before you drop it.

1 week later
#267 7 years ago

There are also quite a few new easter eggs.

THANKS ben for all your hard work. it has been lots of fun telling you that you suck

#274 7 years ago
Quoted from Jetzxi:

I refuse to cheat and pull the glass off to see all the awesomeness V23 has but man even with my crappy games I had it is pretty freaking cool!
I've heard some sweet new call outs that made me laugh.

When can i come over to play?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
5,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Atoka, TN
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods

6,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Maple Ridge, BC
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 210.00
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider whysnow.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/amh-version-23-discussion?tu=whysnow and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.