IMG_20160628_203316253_HDR_(resized).jpg
2016-05-14_12.04.53_(resized).jpg
2016-05-13_13.18.09_(resized).jpg
2016-05-14_12.04.50_(resized).jpg
IMG_20160507_141001754_TOP_(resized).jpg
IMG_20160504_152526532_(resized).jpg
image_(resized).jpeg
IMG_20160311_143243873_(resized).jpg

There are 287 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 6.
#251 7 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

I haven't done anything with the interrupt driven light driver. I recall someone had sample code they wanted me to try?

That is here:
http://ledocd.com/software/herg_pinheck_lamp_driver.txt

I think it will make a big improvement in the low brightness levels without additional processing requirements. It just rearranges things in the ISR.

#252 7 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

KingPin Chris is working on an add-on mod for AMH.
It's a replacement for the back panel on the PF. It looks the same as what's there now, but the ghost images light up. They blink during their modes, and stay lit once beat.
It also has some add-ons for the backbox. There's an upper "lightning" strip behind the backglass logo, and a spotlight to put behind the crystal ball held by the psychic. The crystal ball is lit when Spirit Guide is available.
The ghosts and the extra backbox lights also flash when the game does lightning and other lighting effects.
The mod plugs into the unused GI port on the AMH motherboard. It is supported by the new v23 code.
I haven't done anything with the interrupt driven light driver. I recall someone had sample code they wanted me to try?

20160812_155329_(resized).jpg20160812_155329_(resized).jpg

#253 7 years ago

Does anyone have coil setting issues? It seems mine are either super strong or very weak no in between. I dialed the scoop down to probably 2 before it slowed down how fast it comes out but in doing that my shooter lane coil became so weak it wouldn't kick the ball out. All in all I've never felt I could dial in coil strength really much at all

#254 7 years ago

Worked on my new playfield prototyping system this weekend (for Shooting Rotisserie 2.0)

You "plug in" a standard 30x20" 1/2" foam core sheet to work out designs. The sides are L channel aluminum with PVC bracers representing the wood rails on a real PF. The end cap holds it in place and also has the rotation point and lock clamps.

You can't see it in these photos, but the foam core is flanked on either side by 1/8th steel strips - giving a total width of the proper 20.25"

The grid marks allow you to take photos and quickly measure marks into a computer design.

IMG_20160820_174859771_(resized).jpgIMG_20160820_174859771_(resized).jpg
IMG_20160820_174747641_TOP_(resized).jpgIMG_20160820_174747641_TOP_(resized).jpg

#255 7 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

Worked on my new playfield prototyping system this weekend (for Shooting Rotisserie 2.0)

You "plug in" a standard 30x20" 1/2" foam core sheet to work out designs. The sides are L channel aluminum with PVC bracers representing the wood rails on a real PF. The end cap holds it in place and also has the rotation point and lock clamps.

Sounds like you executed what many of us were talking about in the "minimum parts to build a whitewood" therad, creating a 1/3 bottom section, and then swapping out the 2/3 top. Some talked about a hinged section, but there's the gap to deal with.

#256 7 years ago

I've got a ways to go with it yet. Top priority now is getting AMH v23 tested for release next week.

It's a HECK of an update!

#257 7 years ago

Might push the release back to September 9th (new Phantasmic Friday)

Want to make sure I've tested everything and not sure if I'll have enough free time this week.

Stay tuned!

#258 7 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

Might push the release back to September 9th (new Phantasmic Friday)
Want to make sure I've tested everything and not sure if I'll have enough free time this week.
Stay tuned!

I can swing over after work on Tuesday if you need more evaluation of it before you drop it.

#259 7 years ago

Ben,

How are you doing on V23????????

#260 7 years ago

We are testing it now.

#261 7 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

We are testing it now.

#262 7 years ago

Chuck, myself and some owners are doing testing. Should have it ready for release on the NEW Phantasmic Friday, September 9th

Here is the complete change list:

---------------------------------------------------------------

Added "Bumps in the Night" sub-wizard mode. Complete 3 minions, 1 hellavator multiball and 1 photo hunt to light it, start mode by shooting scoop.

Combos now build "Ghost Burst" multiplier and pulse a GLIR rollover lane. (that can be moved with flippers) Rollover the pulsing letter and the next score will be multiplied by the Ghost Burst level (2x-9x) Resets after collected or ball drain.

Added menu option to add 3 levels "spin" to the ball when released from magnet (can also have none, as before)

Improved some crappy looking mode title animations.

Added menu option to allow shots up the center to advance Bar Ghost/War Fort (in addition to Pop Bumper Counts)

New, faster Skill Shot Collect animation + light show.

Complete all 3 skill shots during a single game to score double on the final one you get.

New music for Demon Battle Wizard Mode.

Jump shot counts towards Theater Advance no matter what mode you're in.

At ball launch, if more than one player, display alternates between Skill Shot Select and all player scores. The more players the longer it holds on the score display.

Added menu option to disable SDTM scoop eject save when multiball is active (prevents "false" saves during hectic ball action)

Audio channel volume mixing has been tweaked to avoid clipping. Overall mix is quieter, so please manually increase volume on amp. SFX/Music levels can still be adjusted in menu they're just scaled down.

On Ball 2 or higher, hold Start for 5 seconds to restart game.

"Add Player" sounds beefed up, and "Stat Screen" for Team Leader (Player 1) added.

10 new Ghost Photos to find!

Added new "End of Game" quotes, and spaced them out a little better from the Match Animation sounds.

Tapping flipper during attract mode plays random sounds (but only works once a minute so kids can't spam it)

Ghost Photo Hunt music improved with better looping.

Slings now count towards spotting the hard-to-get ORB letters. How many hits to get a letter can be adjusted in menu.

Tilt code improved, new Menu Option for sensitivity.

Pop bumpers "triggering themselves" via vibration during a Ball Search no longer counts as "ball found".

Ball Search now works during a Tilt Condition.

Ball Search (if set low) sometimes started during longer "Mode Start" dialog events, this has been fixed.

Ball Search no longer turns on during longer Magnet Holds.

New "Ghost Victory" music to replace "G-G-G-Ghost Squad" (Which was a temp song we never replaced!) There are menu options to use the classic version (now with better looping) or files #WD and #WDE (found in SFX/_FZ) as custom user songs! (WAV file format, 16 bit, 22050Hz)

New sound effects for Coin Drop, inspired by early 90's arcade games.

Voice callouts added for Spirit Guide awards in case you can't look at the display.

10 new "Ghost Minion descriptions" added.

New voice prompts added for Hellavator Multiball.

If PHOTO HUNT lit, spelling GLIR adds time to the next Photo Hunt mode.

During PHOTO HUNT, spelling GLIR increases a bonus for the next successful Photo Shot.

Coins/credit has been changed. You set "pulses per coin" and "pulses per credit". Example: 3 pulses per coin and 8 pulses per credit sets up a 75 cent game where you can also get 3 plays for $2 (new default)

Fixed condition where credit dot can get stuck on. More checking for lost balls / credit dot conditions.

Changed order in which Combo Shots appear so they no longer chain to themselves (since combos can score a lot more now thanks to Ghost Burst)

2x, 3x and 4x multipliers can be "earned" for Demon Battle Wizard Mode. Each of the following achievements increasing the multiplier by 1:

1) Complete all "Location Tours" during ghost battles (note: Theater Ghost does not have a tour so that's 5 total)

2) Start all sub modes during Ghost Battles, which includes:

Hospital - Shoot door, then ramp to euthanize ghost patients.
Prison - Shoot door, then through door to help ghosts escape prison.
War Fort - Shot door 3 times to open, then shoot past door to collect as much Confederate Gold as you can within 30 seconds.
Bar Ghost - Shoot the scoop to steals kegs of beer.
Hotel Ghost - Shoot the door to open, then through door to Evict Ghosts.
Theater Ghost - Keep making Jump Shots to build the value of them. Value resets if you hit the ghost to add time to the mode.

3) During Minion Multiball, shoot the orbits to increase Minion Jackpot to 1 million points.

#263 7 years ago

Can't wait. Thanks

#264 7 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

Chuck, myself and some owners are doing testing. Should have it ready for release on the NEW Phantasmic Friday, September 9th
Here is the complete change list:
---------------------------------------------------------------
Added "Bumps in the Night" sub-wizard mode. Complete 3 minions, 1 hellavator multiball and 1 photo hunt to light it, start mode by shooting scoop.
Combos now build "Ghost Burst" multiplier and pulse a GLIR rollover lane. (that can be moved with flippers) Rollover the pulsing letter and the next score will be multiplied by the Ghost Burst level (2x-9x) Resets after collected or ball drain.
Added menu option to add 3 levels "spin" to the ball when released from magnet (can also have none, as before)
Improved some crappy looking mode title animations.
Added menu option to allow shots up the center to advance Bar Ghost/War Fort (in addition to Pop Bumper Counts)
New, faster Skill Shot Collect animation + light show.
Complete all 3 skill shots during a single game to score double on the final one you get.
New music for Demon Battle Wizard Mode.
Jump shot counts towards Theater Advance no matter what mode you're in.
At ball launch, if more than one player, display alternates between Skill Shot Select and all player scores. The more players the longer it holds on the score display.
Added menu option to disable SDTM scoop eject save when multiball is active (prevents "false" saves during hectic ball action)
Audio channel volume mixing has been tweaked to avoid clipping. Overall mix is quieter, so please manually increase volume on amp. SFX/Music levels can still be adjusted in menu they're just scaled down.
On Ball 2 or higher, hold Start for 5 seconds to restart game.
"Add Player" sounds beefed up, and "Stat Screen" for Team Leader (Player 1) added.
10 new Ghost Photos to find!
Added new "End of Game" quotes, and spaced them out a little better from the Match Animation sounds.
Tapping flipper during attract mode plays random sounds (but only works once a minute so kids can't spam it)
Ghost Photo Hunt music improved with better looping.
Slings now count towards spotting the hard-to-get ORB letters. How many hits to get a letter can be adjusted in menu.
Tilt code improved, new Menu Option for sensitivity.
Pop bumpers "triggering themselves" via vibration during a Ball Search no longer counts as "ball found".
Ball Search now works during a Tilt Condition.
Ball Search (if set low) sometimes started during longer "Mode Start" dialog events, this has been fixed.
Ball Search no longer turns on during longer Magnet Holds.
New "Ghost Victory" music to replace "G-G-G-Ghost Squad" (Which was a temp song we never replaced!) There are menu options to use the classic version (now with better looping) or files #WD and #WDE (found in SFX/_FZ) as custom user songs! (WAV file format, 16 bit, 22050Hz)
New sound effects for Coin Drop, inspired by early 90's arcade games.
Voice callouts added for Spirit Guide awards in case you can't look at the display.
10 new "Ghost Minion descriptions" added.
New voice prompts added for Hellavator Multiball.
If PHOTO HUNT lit, spelling GLIR adds time to the next Photo Hunt mode.
During PHOTO HUNT, spelling GLIR increases a bonus for the next successful Photo Shot.
Coins/credit has been changed. You set "pulses per coin" and "pulses per credit". Example: 3 pulses per coin and 8 pulses per credit sets up a 75 cent game where you can also get 3 plays for $2 (new default)
Fixed condition where credit dot can get stuck on. More checking for lost balls / credit dot conditions.
Changed order in which Combo Shots appear so they no longer chain to themselves (since combos can score a lot more now thanks to Ghost Burst)
2x, 3x and 4x multipliers can be "earned" for Demon Battle Wizard Mode. Each of the following achievements increasing the multiplier by 1:
1) Complete all "Location Tours" during ghost battles (note: Theater Ghost does not have a tour so that's 5 total)
2) Start all sub modes during Ghost Battles, which includes:
Hospital - Shoot door, then ramp to euthanize ghost patients.
Prison - Shoot door, then through door to help ghosts escape prison.
War Fort - Shot door 3 times to open, then shoot past door to collect as much Confederate Gold as you can within 30 seconds.
Bar Ghost - Shoot the scoop to steals kegs of beer.
Hotel Ghost - Shoot the door to open, then through door to Evict Ghosts.
Theater Ghost - Keep making Jump Shots to build the value of them. Value resets if you hit the ghost to add time to the mode.
3) During Minion Multiball, shoot the orbits to increase Minion Jackpot to 1 million points.

Will you be able to see scores in between players balls?

#265 7 years ago

Yes that's on the list if you read through it.

#266 7 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

Yes that's on the list if you read through it.

Sorry Ben. I got it. Thanks for adding it and also the other ton of items you added.

#267 7 years ago

There are also quite a few new easter eggs.

THANKS ben for all your hard work. it has been lots of fun telling you that you suck

#268 7 years ago

Small bug found Ben:

I turned door warning on in settings and now the door warning stays on even when the coin door is shut. I thought maybe I had a faulty switch but everything checks out.

Scoop save is awesome, thanks for that. The skill shot light show is cool......subtle but much needed for sure!

I can't wait to test out my Glow in the Dark Rubbers with Bumps in the Night!

Thanks again Ben,

Chris

#269 7 years ago

This will be great. I have not updated my AMH since purchase.

#271 7 years ago

Probably won't have time with the short work week. Maybe next weekend I can do something?

#272 7 years ago

Damn Ben. Incredible work and a huge show of commitment to your game and Spooky customers. Looking forward to ghost hunting with V23!

#273 7 years ago

I refuse to cheat and pull the glass off to see all the awesomeness V23 has but man even with my crappy games I had it is pretty freaking cool!

I've heard some sweet new call outs that made me laugh.

#274 7 years ago
Quoted from Jetzxi:

I refuse to cheat and pull the glass off to see all the awesomeness V23 has but man even with my crappy games I had it is pretty freaking cool!
I've heard some sweet new call outs that made me laugh.

When can i come over to play?

#275 7 years ago

Looking forward to the weekend to try out the update - thanks Ben.

Anyone else had one of the servo's blow out? replaced it easily, but the smell - what lives inside that little grey plastic box that can smell so much? It's taken away the nice "inside cabinet" smell from my machine.

#276 7 years ago

Thanks for your dedication to the code on this machine, Ben! My friends and I are really looking forward to this update. I continue to swear by this game when people ask me about it. I have one of the first machines off the line and we still play the hell out of it.

#277 7 years ago
Quoted from Jetzxi:

Small bug found Ben:
I turned door warning on in settings and now the door warning stays on even when the coin door is shut. I thought maybe I had a faulty switch but everything checks out.
Scoop save is awesome, thanks for that. The skill shot light show is cool......subtle but much needed for sure!
I can't wait to test out my Glow in the Dark Rubbers with Bumps in the Night!
Thanks again Ben,
Chris

Chris. I put the GITD Titans on my AMH and they look awesome.

#278 7 years ago
Quoted from dendoc:

Anyone else had one of the servo's blow out? replaced it easily, but the smell - what lives inside that little grey plastic box that can smell so much? It's taken away the nice "inside cabinet" smell from my machine.

I had my Ghost servo fry (plastic protector was jamming the Ghost, so not a part failure). It smelled like my old train transformer when I was a kid and it overheated, only 10 x stronger.

#279 7 years ago
Quoted from TomGWI:

Chris. I put the GITD Titans on my AMH and they look awesome.

I did too. Do you have additional light sources to "charge up" the titans. Seems the GITD effect is difficult to obtain.

#280 7 years ago
Quoted from dendoc:

Yeah I had two blow while mine was at Pin-a-Go-Go and the smell does stick around a while. By the time I brought it to CAX though it was gone

Ben, thanks so much - super psyched to install this when I get back to SF!

#281 7 years ago
Quoted from dgarrett:

I did too. Do you have additional light sources to "charge up" the titans. Seems the GITD effect is difficult to obtain.

I don't. Ideally I should put some UV led lights in the GI. That would do the trick. There is some glow to them but not as much as it would with UV light.

#282 7 years ago

Thank you for all the hard work,wish you were on Rz as well

#283 7 years ago

Did a few more tweaks tonight. Trying a change to the slingshot sounds as the "ghost wail" was always kind of lame.

Everything looks good for a general release Friday. Those who are examining it early, let me know if you find anything.

Someone mentioned a door warning being stuck on, I'll look into that.

#284 7 years ago

Ben if you need another person to test I'm happy to do it. Send me a pm if you need another.

#285 7 years ago

Probably too late I was thinking a sound bite tribute of some kind somewhere from Bill Paxton pinball would be cool. Can't wait to try the update. Hopefully I can figure out how to update it since I've never done it

2 weeks later
#287 7 years ago

Noticed something yesterday as we had a tournament and this happened twice in 23: When you tilt, the DMD doesn't always show TILT but just buzzes and goes to next player - when I tilted as i shot the hellavator (lit for lock) and it was going under the playfield it also did that and just was kind of stuck and wouldn't go to the new player or ball search.

Is this the best place to post bugs we notice?

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
$ 20.00
$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints
Tools
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
6,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Maple Ridge, BC
4,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Denver, CO
$ 210.00
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 287 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 6.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/amh-version-23-discussion/page/6 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.