IMG_20160628_203316253_HDR_(resized).jpg
2016-05-14_12.04.53_(resized).jpg
2016-05-13_13.18.09_(resized).jpg
2016-05-14_12.04.50_(resized).jpg
IMG_20160507_141001754_TOP_(resized).jpg
IMG_20160504_152526532_(resized).jpg
image_(resized).jpeg
IMG_20160311_143243873_(resized).jpg

There are 287 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 6.
#201 7 years ago

September 2nd, 2016: PHANTASMIC FRIDAY!

Release date for AMH v23.

#202 7 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

I call BS. There will be some minor tweaks after v24. You also are a perferctionist and will finally wrap it up with v25!

That's where the rest of us come in. Hooray open source code!

#203 7 years ago
Quoted from pinlynx:

One of the best things about this product.

#204 7 years ago
Quoted from pinlynx:

agreed, but there will be one final polish for sure (IMO). Ben is adding a TON of content to AMH for the next release. There will for sure need to be just some small polish due to the shear content. It will take me a hundred games and some competitive play to get a real feel for how all these great depth changes will impact the game and new strategies that players start to take on.

If you are not excited, you should be. I have been lucky enough to see most of the content and WOW is it adding tons to this title.

-New sub-wizard mode (achievable but still tough)
-TONS of new funny callouts (more and better lighting and callout effects to help players understand what to do)
-new animations
-tweaks that allow for more collection of ORB/ multipliers (bonus will now add some strategy)
-bonus X shot capabilities being added (that is right... ability to now have strategic use of when you want to cash in a multiplier for a specific shot or jackpot)
-easter eggs
-and so much more!

Ben is taking this game up a notch for sure!

Risk reward capabilites, playing off the physical risk/reward of the game better, more user selectable options in menus, better tilt debounce, just plain FUN.

#205 7 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

agreed, but there will be one final polish for sure (IMO). Ben is adding a TON of content to AMH for the next release. There will for sure need to be just some small polish due to the shear content. It will take me a hundred games and some competitive play to get a real feel for how all these great depth changes will impact the game and new strategies that players start to take on.
If you are not excited, you should be. I have been lucky enough to see most of the content and WOW is it adding tons to this title.
-New sub-wizard mode (achievable but still tough)
-TONS of new funny callouts (more and better lighting and callout effects to help players understand what to do)
-new animations
-tweaks that allow for more collection of ORB/ multipliers (bonus will now add some strategy)
-bonus X shot capabilities being added (that is right... ability to now have strategic use of when you want to cash in a multiplier for a specific shot or jackpot)
-easter eggs
-and so much more!
Ben is taking this game up a notch for sure!
Risk reward capabilites, playing off the physical risk/reward of the game better, more user selectable options in menus, better tilt debounce, just plain FUN.

So glad I found one. Thanks Hilton! I love the game now, and didn't realize all of this was being added.

1 week later
#206 7 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

Nice! Looking forward to the update. Thank you Ben!!

#207 7 years ago

I am really hoping for a rule where you achieve something cool for completing all 3 skill shots

#208 7 years ago

And the magnet being able to throw the ball back from the ghost

#209 7 years ago

Skill shots, should it award you for making 3 skill shots, or getting each one during a game?

How would a 5 ball game affect this?

#210 7 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

Skill shots, should it award you for making 3 skill shots, or getting each one during a game?
How would a 5 ball game affect this?

5 ball is cheating and should render all rewards null and void

I think the idea of making all 3 unique skill shots and getting a reward is really cool....you could have a reward for 3 of the same, but maybe a lesser reward.

#211 7 years ago

A check to see if the player did all 3 unique in one game is pretty easy to add, code-wise.

What should the reward be? Double the skill shot value?

Right now the base score is 250k pops, 125k ORB, 500k behind hellavator (harder = more points)

This is ALSO multiplied by what Ball # you are on, so making Hellavator shot on Ball 3 is worth more than doing it Ball 1.

If there's any other tweaks people want let me know - I want to cut this off week before Labor Day.

#212 7 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

A check to see if the player did all 3 unique in one game is pretty easy to add, code-wise.
Right now the base score is 250k pops, 125k ORB, 500k behind hellavator (harder = more points)
This is ALSO multiplied by what Ball # you are on, so making Hellavator shot on Ball 3 is worth more than doing it Ball 1.
If there's any other tweaks people want let me know - I want to cut this off week before Labor Day.

I like the idea of double value, but maybe double the combined value.

In other words, complete the final skillshot and you get 1,750,000 points as a bonus. Don't make this ball dependent; ie. no multiplier on top of this. That would be unbalanced. It will most likely be happening on ball 3 anyway.

#213 7 years ago

Side note > I will likely be selling my NIB AMH if anyone is looking.

My old car is finally about dead and I found an upgrade on the used market that I will likely be buying next week.

I will get an ad up sometime soon. Thinking 8k should get it sold quick.

#214 7 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

I like the idea of double value, but maybe double the combined value.
In other words, complete the final skillshot and you get 1,750,000 points as a bonus. Don't make this ball dependent; ie. no multiplier on top of this. That would be unbalanced. It will most likely be happening on ball 3 anyway.

It would be cool to have a super skill shot. Full plunge and hit the right hellavotor ramp.

#215 7 years ago

Do not punish those of us who need 5 balls in this game. Love the skill shot idea

#216 7 years ago
Quoted from TomGWI:

It would be cool to have a super skill shot. Full plunge and hit the right hellavotor ramp.

Awesome idea!! You could also open it up to any major shot like AFM/MM? Also similar to AFM it might be cool if a shot to the ghost automatically lowered the targets adding some strategy to when you might want to use it? (This is the kind of stuff that is turning AMH into an A list pin)

As for the collect all 3 skill shots idea, I personally think just multiplying the last skill shot would make it interesting because it would add another layer of strategy and risk/reward. Do you try to get hellevator out of the way early since it's hard or do you save it for last to cash in?

Of course if the 3 skills shot bonus AND this super skill shot are added we will need a super-duper-quadruple-skill-shot that can only be achieved by first collecting each of the 3 skill shots and then using a 4th ball (from extra ball or a 5 ball game) to hit a super skill shot

-Jay

#217 7 years ago
Quoted from jrobinso99:

Do you try to get hellevator out of the way early since it's hard or do you save it for last to cash in?

hellevator is the easiest actually. Since there is no penalty for short plunging 100 times till you get it just right.

#218 7 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

hellevator is the easiest actually. Since there is no penalty for short plunging 100 times till you get it just right.

Hey, Ben, can you please program in a penalty for someone short plunging 100 times till they get it just right.

I'd hate to be behind THAT GUY in league play.

#219 7 years ago

that would be nice to have it programmed so the ball can only leave the shooter lane 3 times before removing skillshot opportunity.

#220 7 years ago

Well, there are disparaging quotes if you try 3 plunges...

#221 7 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

150 very happy owners

#222 7 years ago

Maybe it auto plungers on the third attempt. What if you could bet part of your score to make the skill shot. If you miss you lose the points you bet with, if you make the shot you double them.

#223 7 years ago
Quoted from Playerone:

Maybe it auto plungers on the third attempt

I like this!

Quoted from Playerone:

What if you could bet part of your score to make the skill shot. If you miss you lose the points you bet with, if you make the shot you double them.

I dont like this. Could really unbalance the game and the skillshot has enough going on already.

#224 7 years ago

What about make all 3 in a 3 ball game lights extra ball?

#225 7 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

No... it's time to end this!
At some point I have to "Let it go, let it go!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

Foreshadowing of of new Frozen ghost mode. Interesting.

#226 7 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

I think the reward could be 3 million...or the extra ball idea is not bad. It certainly would not be really easy to get all 3.

#227 7 years ago

I like the extra ball idea,I believe baywatch has a good award for making all three skill shots but I have never done it so I am not sure what it is

#228 7 years ago
Quoted from rockrand:

I like the extra ball idea,I believe baywatch has a good award for making all three skill shots but I have never done it so I am not sure what it is

https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/rec.games.pinball/phcu6e8imoM
"Hit each of the three different skill shots one time for a special animation on the dot matrix screen"

I say it should be more rewarding than just a secret animation. Maybe it awards a ghost hunt completed?

#229 7 years ago
Quoted from toyotaboy:

"Hit each of the three different skill shots one time for a special animation on the dot matrix screen"

you also get an added 50mil.

#230 7 years ago
Quoted from toyotaboy:

I say it should be more rewarding than just a secret animation. Maybe it awards a ghost hunt completed?

Well,that is a let down

#231 7 years ago

Current plan is if you get all 3 skill shots, the third one scores double the amount. Keep in mind skill shot values are also multiplied by the Ball #, so going for the most valuable on Ball 3 (hellavator) would be the strategy.

I'm open to ideas, though I think extra ball is a bit much. Hilton suggested awarding all skill shot values twice as a reward?

There is a different animation, says ALL SKILL SHOTS COMPLETE and then it shows how many points you got.

#232 7 years ago

I could not get an amh due to spooky not shipping to the netherlands...
I tried to order one real early, but nope...no pin for the pinballrockstar..
Big Ben Heck fan,even watch the show with my kids via youtube.

#233 7 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

Current plan is if you get all 3 skill shots, the third one scores double the amount. Keep in mind skill shot values are also multiplied by the Ball #, so going for the most valuable on Ball 3 (hellavator) would be the strategy.
I'm open to ideas, though I think extra ball is a bit much. Hilton suggested awarding all skill shot values twice as a reward?
There is a different animation, says ALL SKILL SHOTS COMPLETE and then it shows how many points you got.

Maybe light an unlit mode if one still exists? If none exist it lights ghost photo hunt or something else?

#234 7 years ago

Thanks Ben for such great work. Looking forward to it

#235 7 years ago

If you get the skill shot bonus it resets the counter, but it's possible to get it again for instance if you get 3 extra balls.

I don't like limiting how much something can be obtained because when you don't, it means there's always the chance for the player to do it better in the future.

#236 7 years ago
Quoted from gottafixit:

Couple things in there I like or could be expanded on.
Combos: A Super Combo/5-way combo(AMF)/7-way combo(the shadow) that would give you some jackpot or start special scoring or end of ball bonus add on? What is the longest combo you can do with out hitting the same shot twice? Hotel, Doctor, Theater, Scoop? Ohhh "AMH Mini Series Jackpot/Bonus" or "Season 1 Bouns" that way if you repeat the combo you can get the doubled "Season 2 Bonus" and so on. Or Call it collecting the Season DVDs.
Orb roll overs could be spotted by the Wiki (O), Tech (R), and Psychic (B) targets.
Skill Shot awards points but also Advantage. I.E. the Orbs would give you points and complete ORB roll over set (give you 2X), Pops would give you points and x# of hits toward Bar/War ghost, Basement would give you points and spots a letter in Wiki, Tech, and Psychic. The advantage might give you more reason to go for one over the other since the points are all the same. Could increase the advantage for repeat skill shots to the same location, Orbs gives you 3x, Pops gives you double x# of hits to war/bar, Basement gives you 2 letters of each. Might need to include a blinking Orb letter if you select orbs so that you have to not only hit the orb lanes but you have to move the blinking orb letter to make sure you roll over that one. And the Skill shot Trifecta Bonus if you do all three skill shots.
Super Skill Shot? Full Plung, Full Plung plus hold in left Flipper? to any shot? Just Points? any shot qualifies that boss ghost (Prison, doctor, war(center), hotel, theater, bar(scoop)), 3 bank drops 3 bank, Spots complete word (wiki, tech, psychic)?

revisiting some thoughts on the skill shot since it is currently being talked about.

#237 7 years ago

I don't like the idea of an extra ball award for compelting all skill shots (uninspired and useless to those of us who play our games PAPA style or in league play), just keep it at points or have it start a "super pops" for the rest of that ball where every pop hit scores whatever (read: more than normal) and an animation ala TAF (Raise the Dead) where every pop hit has ghosts fleeing the mansion (using the mansion laseriffic did for the topper as an homage to that). If you want to get crazy with it, you can have points increase for every 25 pop hits. Super pops would be cool too as it would require a choice: do I save the pops skill shot for last, which is worth less than the hellavator skill shot, but allows me to immediately drop it in the pops upon completion?

#238 7 years ago

There's already WAY too much code associated with the pops, I'm not touching that!

Probably just points, I'll touch base with Hilton on how to balance it.

#239 7 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

There's already WAY too much code associated with the pops, I'm not touching that!

looking forward to bug testing and final tweaks next week.

#240 7 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

Current plan is if you get all 3 skill shots, the third one scores double the amount.

That sounds good to me! I can't wait to try out all these cool updates

-Jay

#241 7 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

2x playfield for 30 seconds?
Double the value of next ghost hunt that ball?
Super Ramp mode (ramp worth 500k per shot, jump ramp 750k) for 30 seconds?
Super Ghost Photo Hunt lit at scoop (uniques ghost photos worth double)?

As always, thanks for coding an already awesome game!

#242 7 years ago

I'm also playing it in the dark more, to see if modes need the GI / RGB turned up a bit.

For instance in Photo Hunt, it's the color red (like a darkroom) that's important, not the brightness. So I turned that one up a bit.

I can also change colors during a hurry-up as an added clue you have to make a shot fast.

#243 7 years ago

Very cool. Looking forward to the update.

#244 7 years ago

Yea, I just wanted to say thank you, Ben for all your hard work. V22 is great, and this is just extra gravy. Making the potatoes of the game even extra super better.

#245 7 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

I'm also playing it in the dark more, to see if modes need the GI / RGB turned up a bit.
For instance in Photo Hunt, it's the color red (like a darkroom) that's important, not the brightness. So I turned that one up a bit.
I can also change colors during a hurry-up as an added clue you have to make a shot fast.

Ben, this is great. I am playing the game more and more in the dark so any touches you add here will add tremendously. Can not wait to see the description of the updates.

#246 7 years ago

Sweet!

Any progress on the lighting mods etc that have been talked about?

#247 7 years ago
Quoted from Nevus:

Sweet!
Any progress on the lighting mods etc that have been talked about?

If you're asking about the lamp matrix, I'm curious as well. I played RZSSI last night, which I'm assuming uses the same lamp driver, and I'd really like to see the low brightness levels smoothed out. Once mine ships, it will be fixed one way or another, but I think it can be done completely in software.

#248 7 years ago

Looking forward to the new call outs.

#249 7 years ago

Ben mentioned a spotlight mod that would sit above the back board and illuminate the villain as you fought each mode.

#250 7 years ago

KingPin Chris is working on an add-on mod for AMH.

It's a replacement for the back panel on the PF. It looks the same as what's there now, but the ghost images light up. They blink during their modes, and stay lit once beat.

It also has some add-ons for the backbox. There's an upper "lightning" strip behind the backglass logo, and a spotlight to put behind the crystal ball held by the psychic. The crystal ball is lit when Spirit Guide is available.

The ghosts and the extra backbox lights also flash when the game does lightning and other lighting effects.

The mod plugs into the unused GI port on the AMH motherboard. It is supported by the new v23 code.

I haven't done anything with the interrupt driven light driver. I recall someone had sample code they wanted me to try?

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
4,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Denver, CO
$ 20.00
6,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Maple Ridge, BC
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 210.00
$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints
Tools
There are 287 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 6.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/amh-version-23-discussion/page/5?hl=vilant and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.