IMG_20160628_203316253_HDR_(resized).jpg
2016-05-14_12.04.53_(resized).jpg
2016-05-13_13.18.09_(resized).jpg
2016-05-14_12.04.50_(resized).jpg
IMG_20160507_141001754_TOP_(resized).jpg
IMG_20160504_152526532_(resized).jpg
image_(resized).jpeg
IMG_20160311_143243873_(resized).jpg

There are 287 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 6.
#151 7 years ago

Any update on this Ben? Are we still looking good for this first round of AMH updates by next weekend?

#152 7 years ago

I sent the latest code to Chuck for testing. If any owners would like to give it a go maybe email him?

I haven't had basically any time to work on AMH last few weeks (doing kernel work for Next Spooky Game). But the update as-is fixes most of the major remaining issues.

Sub and super wizard modes will have to wait for a late summer update, though I also need to take it easier for a while. Working myself to death!

#153 7 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

I sent the latest code to Chuck for testing. If any owners would like to give it a go maybe email him?
I haven't had basically any time to work on AMH last few weeks (doing kernel work for Next Spooky Game). But the update as-is fixes most of the major remaining issues.
Sub and super wizard modes will have to wait for a late summer update, though I also need to take it easier for a while. Working myself to death!

take your time. work on the update later. it's finally nice in Wisconsin and who knows how long it will last. enjoy the outside and leave the update until later. i am sure i will get a couple of down votes for it, but the truth is that we don't have a lot of really nice days in Wisconsin so you need to enjoy them.

#154 7 years ago

Thanks the fix worked on the wireform - duh!

#155 7 years ago
Quoted from KingPinGames:

take your time. work on the update later. it's finally nice in Wisconsin and who knows how long it will last. enjoy the outside and leave the update until later. i am sure i will get a couple of down votes for it, but the truth is that we don't have a lot of really nice days in Wisconsin so you need to enjoy them.

I agree. Take some time to relax Ben

1 week later
#156 7 years ago

Hey Ben,
Just got the game today. It's great. Simple request. In attract mode can you make the start button blink? It stays solid regardless of the game state.

#157 7 years ago
Quoted from FalconPunch:

Hey Ben,
Just got the game today. It's great. Simple request. In attract mode can you make the start button blink? It stays solid regardless of the game state.

it should only blink when there is a credit on the machine.

Aside form that it should be off.

#158 7 years ago

Is V23 still not officially available?

#159 7 years ago
Quoted from HappyDayz:

Is V23 still not officially available?

not as of yet. Ben is relaxing a bit while the weather is still nice here in Wisconsin.

#160 7 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Am sitting in my location right now and came on this thread soley to post that people are constantly confused by the always-lit-up start button on AMH.

What you said is exactly what I wanted to ask for.

#161 7 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Going from memory on this one, but I'm 99% sure the Start button is in the GI line along with the coin slots, so it's always on. I don't think there's anything that could be done to change behavior via code without effecting other lamps...

#162 7 years ago
Quoted from u2sean:

Going from memory on this one, but I'm 99% sure the Start button is in the GI line along with the coin slots, so it's always on. I don't think there's anything that could be done to change behavior via code without effecting other lamps...

This is correct.

#163 7 years ago
Quoted from u2sean:

oops.

Guessing this was fixed on RZ?

#164 7 years ago

Start button on AMH was a manufacturing mistake and yes, it's stuck on.

I'm thinking I may just roll the code into one update at end of month. I am writing a few new songs as well.

#165 7 years ago

Not sure if it's been mentioned but when you are selecting your skill shot it would be great if the lights could flash in the area you are aiming for. Orb lights flash, pops, and the basement. I've had the pin for 24 hours, and yes I'm stupid bit I don't know where the basement is. Every lane has 1 light flashing so it's not obvious what to aim for. I think ghostusters does something similar where all the inserts on that lane pulse during the skill shot time.

#166 7 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

I am writing a few new songs as well.

nothing will top "g-g-g-g-ghost squaaad!"

#167 7 years ago

Song writer also,multitalented for sure Ben

#168 7 years ago
Quoted from rockrand:

He is one of the best huggers I have ever met also! The man has a gentle soul.

#169 7 years ago

I f**king hate hugs.

#170 7 years ago

He just says that to be coy about his great hugging ability.

Get a few beers in the guy and he is a hugger like the best of them

#171 7 years ago

G-G-G-Ghost Squad isn't even a properly looping song. It's like 10 seconds. Threw it in as a placeholder and never changed it.

There will be a menu option for "Ghost Win Music"

#172 7 years ago

You may not like hugs but fron what I have seen I sure wish I had your talent ,thanks for all the work on amh

#173 7 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

G-G-G-Ghost Squad isn't even a properly looping song

Plus technically it was the original title before you realized SEGA produced a game with the same title, so it ought to be "A-a-a-america's most haunted"

#174 7 years ago

It was good old JPOP who told me Sega had a light gun game called "Ghost Squad" and then he - ironically - said I might get sued if I didn't change it.

I still think that was a better title, but oh well. New song is pretty cool, and fits the rest of the music better.

#175 7 years ago

Thought on the GLIR roll overs. you complete GLIR to light photo hunt but then they don't really do anything till you start/complete photo hunt and can relight it. Could each completion of GLIR add a multiplier to the the completion value of photo hunt? So if you complete GLIR once and then start photo hunt it is worth base value, but if you complete GLIR twice before starting photo then it is worth 2X and so on. So you could complete GLIR a bunch and then cash in on a big photo hunt.

1 week later
#176 7 years ago
Quoted from rockrand:

I read this as song mutilated. Sounds about right.

1 week later
#177 7 years ago

GLIR idea sounds cool. I think right now they just score points with GLIR lit. It would be cool if they did something during GLIR mode as well.

Maybe not a Multiplier but it could increase each photo value by 100k or something.

I started programming and animating the sub wizard mode 'Bumps in the Night'. To light it, beat Minion Master, MB and Photo Hunt and shoot the scoop to start.

Don't think I'm Going to add a super wizard mode, time is better spent on sub goals.

Also beefing up the number of ball drain quotes from 30 to 80.

#178 7 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

Also beefing up the number of ball drain quotes from 30 to 80

are there even 30 now? 80 would be incredible.

#179 7 years ago

Yes 3 members with 10 quotes each.

I am expanding it to all 4 members with 20 quotes each.

"America's Most Haunted. Call us when you can't afford the other guys... Or girls"

#181 7 years ago

really appreciate the effort Ben!

#182 7 years ago

Most of the v23 fixes are already done, just need to program new mode, add some speech, and then add WhySnow's combo multiplier idea.

Just kind of taking it slow, goal is end of summer.

#183 7 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

Most of the v23 fixes are already done, just need to program new mode, add some speech, and then add WhySnow's combo multiplier idea.
Just kind of taking it slow, goal is end of summer.

Ben > If you want to beta v23 on our route game then let me know. We can meet and dowload it whenever.

#184 7 years ago

Thanks for the hard work Ben, it's much appreciated!

#185 7 years ago

An image from the new sub-wizard mode!

IMG_20160628_203316253_HDR_(resized).jpgIMG_20160628_203316253_HDR_(resized).jpg

#186 7 years ago

Ben, your software support for this game is incredible!

#187 7 years ago

Sounding awesome!

#188 7 years ago

I can't get to the wizard mode so I'm looking very forward to a sub wizard mode.

#189 7 years ago

super looking forward to this!

#190 7 years ago

Yes!! Can't wait for this!

#191 7 years ago

I'm gonna flash the AMH at the Spooky open house with v23 next Saturday. Doesn't have all the changes in yet but most of them are there.

#192 7 years ago

any chance of a Midnight madness add on?

#193 7 years ago

Sorry no can do. AMH does not have a clock function.

#194 7 years ago

I'll be at the open house - looking forward to trying v23

2 weeks later
#195 7 years ago

You know how NOBODY asked me to put more dialog in AMH? Well I did it anyway!

Should have all of the new dialog recorded by next week. Includes:

Voice for new Sub Wizard mode.
80 total "ball drain" quotes (was 30)
10 new Minion ghost descriptions
New end of game lines
New Hellavator MB prompts

Planning to have v23 done, tested and ready for download by Labor Day.

I'll get a change list on here soon so people can tell me if anything is missing. This will be the final game update. For real this time!

#196 7 years ago

Holy crap this is awesome, Ben...so glad I own this. thanks!

#197 7 years ago

Needs an animation of you pouring beer on my phone.

#198 7 years ago

Thanks Ben!!!!!

#199 7 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

For real this time!

I call BS. There will be some minor tweaks after v24. You also are a perferctionist and will finally wrap it up with v25!

Looking forward to all the updates! Thanks for all your hard work Ben! really shows your dedication to the hobby

#200 7 years ago

No... it's time to end this!

At some point I have to "Let it go, let it go!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints
Tools
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
6,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Maple Ridge, BC
$ 210.00
4,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Denver, CO
$ 20.00
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
There are 287 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 6.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/amh-version-23-discussion/page/4 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.