IMG_20160628_203316253_HDR_(resized).jpg
2016-05-14_12.04.53_(resized).jpg
2016-05-13_13.18.09_(resized).jpg
2016-05-14_12.04.50_(resized).jpg
IMG_20160507_141001754_TOP_(resized).jpg
IMG_20160504_152526532_(resized).jpg
image_(resized).jpeg
IMG_20160311_143243873_(resized).jpg
There are 287 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 6.
#101 7 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

I'm gonna use slings for now. I wanted the slings to do more anyway.
RE your other suggestions, they're reversed for other new features:
Combo Counters: will be used for another new feature.
Tours: Complete ALL of them to light Super Wizard Mode "Season Finale"
Also, completing Photo Ace, MB and Minion Master will light a Sub Wizard mode at the scoop (what it is I don't know yet)

All sounds great.

#103 7 years ago

Noticed some of the call outs are uneven in volume...
I have FX on 70 and music on 50.
Some of the speech is incredibly loud, like the girl screaming. Other speech during modes is barely audible. Not sure if some speech is in the music track itself. Have fiddled with amp setting but can't get it right....

#104 7 years ago

That's something we've worked on.

AMH, the more sounds that play at once the lower the volume gets on new sounds.

In this update, doing it like Rob Zombie, where the baseline volume is lower overall (so crank up amp) but it keeps things more even and avoids clipping.

#105 7 years ago

Ben,

Is there anything you can do in code to stop some of the cracking in the sound? Charlie said to adjust the FX volumes, but I can find a combination that works good and sounds right. Are there any defaults you can put in code? Or can anyone suggest any settings?

Thanks.

Brian

#106 7 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

Tours: Complete ALL of them to light Super Wizard Mode "Season Finale"
Also, completing Photo Ace, MB and Minion Master will light a Sub Wizard mode at the scoop (what it is I don't know yet)

I like the Season Finale Mode, thought I'll input a side thought. Once you defeat a boss you can't restart the mode so if you don't complete the tour first/before beating the boss you can't get "Season Finale"? Second side note how would you know you qualified the mode? Where would you shoot to start how would you know to shoot that? Or would it just start? Would you have to get to and /or defeat the demon to qualify it?

Sub wizard mode: I can see where starting all 6 bosses could be a little much for qualifying the sub wizard mode. Thought I still think it could be a valid threshold. I see it much like tron Starting all the modes in tron isn't that easy which makes sea of simulation feel great when I get to it as I feel like I accomplished something hard and I don't think I will get to portal. That being said I think just the Photo Ace, MB and Minion Master is to easy a threshold. I mentioned I think Photo Ace is too easy a objective, could be that you need to complete two or three photo hunts to qualify it. That or require photo ace, MB, Minion Master, and two or three of the Ghost bosses. What would this Mode be called? Ghost Graveyard Photo Hunt ^^^ . I feel like it needs to fit the story and I can't think of anything that would tie Photo ace, MB, and Minion Master.

#107 7 years ago

Pause Ball search timer during story line scenes like doctor intro and such. I have a short ball search set since there are some common hang ups and the ball search will kick in before the doctor intro will finish. Which will open the door and kicks the ball up the VUK more or less at the same time the ball auto launches from the story line finishing. Now the game is confused as it still thinks the one ball is behind the door. but both are still in play.

#108 7 years ago
Quoted from KingPinGames:

i was actually coming to this post to try to come up with an idea on how to get more orb letters.
i was thinking of putting a post up by the back scoop entrance so that the ball couldn't go in there (non evasive of course), but i think i like a software idea better.
i like the sling idea, but maybe there is another way?
3-4 way combo for a letter?
certain combo (hotel, to doctor, to theater, to scoop, for example)?
perhaps getting the orb skill shot awards the multiplier for that ball
completing the "tour" gets you a bonus multiplier
i would like to see the orb lanes used more, but i don't see how without altering the layout of the playfield. ideally i would have like to see a pop up post in the back of the playfield that would come up when you shot the prison (left orbit) shot. then when you went to start prison the post could stay down so that the ball could enter the back scoop.
thanks for continuing to work on this

Couple things in there I like or could be expanded on.

Combos: A Super Combo/5-way combo(AMF)/7-way combo(the shadow) that would give you some jackpot or start special scoring or end of ball bonus add on? What is the longest combo you can do with out hitting the same shot twice? Hotel, Doctor, Theater, Scoop? Ohhh "AMH Mini Series Jackpot/Bonus" or "Season 1 Bouns" that way if you repeat the combo you can get the doubled "Season 2 Bonus" and so on. Or Call it collecting the Season DVDs.

Orb roll overs could be spotted by the Wiki (O), Tech (R), and Psychic (B) targets.

Skill Shot awards points but also Advantage. I.E. the Orbs would give you points and complete ORB roll over set (give you 2X), Pops would give you points and x# of hits toward Bar/War ghost, Basement would give you points and spots a letter in Wiki, Tech, and Psychic. The advantage might give you more reason to go for one over the other since the points are all the same. Could increase the advantage for repeat skill shots to the same location, Orbs gives you 3x, Pops gives you double x# of hits to war/bar, Basement gives you 2 letters of each. Might need to include a blinking Orb letter if you select orbs so that you have to not only hit the orb lanes but you have to move the blinking orb letter to make sure you roll over that one. And the Skill shot Trifecta Bonus if you do all three skill shots.

Super Skill Shot? Full Plung, Full Plung plus hold in left Flipper? to any shot? Just Points? any shot qualifies that boss ghost (Prison, doctor, war(center), hotel, theater, bar(scoop)), 3 bank drops 3 bank, Spots complete word (wiki, tech, psychic)?

#109 7 years ago

Here's the stuff I've fixed in the last few weeks:

Add option to add "english" to ball release on magnet
Add option to Advance War Fort / Bar Ghost with any shot up middle (instead of pop counts)
Make a better, faster SKILL SHOT reward sound and video
Put in new Demon Battle music
Make jump shot count towards Theater, even if other modes active
If more than 1 player, alternate between all scores and Skill Shot display
MENU: Add option to disable SCOOP SAVE during Multiball
Take out volume multiplier and replace with what works in Rob Zombie
Change default range of volumes to 0-35 with clipping warning past 25
Add Start Button Reset feature, hold for 5 seconds in Ball 2 or later
Add punchier sounds to Player Add, as well as a Stat Page for Team Leader / Player 1
Added 10 new Ghost photos to find
Have the ending Team Leader quote occur AFTER the match animation sound.
Add random flipper sound during attract mode
Improve Photo Hunt music, or at the very least fix the loop
X number of Sling Hits spot an ORB letter
Add option for how many tenths of a second for the Tilt Delay
Pop bumpers can trigger themselves, cutting Ball Search short
When game tilts, ball search doesn't occur
If set low enough, Ball Search can occur during Mode Start dialog
Ball search can turn on during magnet holds if set too low

Would you all prefer I do ALL of the updates for v23, once and for all finished? Even if it's late summer?

Or do a v23 with the above, and a v24 later this summer or fall?

My schedule is piling to the rafters and I doubt I can get *everything* I wanted to add done by end of June as I originally planned.

#110 7 years ago

With adding so much I think trying to finalize what you plan to add and not add first and then getting the larger portions out on V23. Then following up with any would be fixes and easier stuff in a hopefully (pending no bugs) Final V24 later.

#111 7 years ago

One thing I've notices is that sometimes during Photo Hunt, there isn't a flashing lane. Most of the lights are just off. I know I hit one due to the DMD animations. But the lights aren't strobing. A bug? Or a problem on my machine?

#112 7 years ago

Could not Hurt to give the owners what you have done and finish when you can.

Thanks so much for all the work

#113 7 years ago
Quoted from angus:

One thing I've notices is that sometimes during Photo Hunt, there isn't a flashing lane. Most of the lights are just off. I know I hit one due to the DMD animations. But the lights aren't strobing. A bug? Or a problem on my machine?

It is a known issue, typically if the lights are out the flashing shot should be the hellavator ramp, at least it always is on mine. Still don't know what causes it but it does happen.

Also I'm fine with release of what is done as of now and more coming later, as always thank you for the continued efforts to make this game so amazing. I think it is a large factor in earning Spooky the reputation they have in the pinball community and contributes greatly to their success.

#114 7 years ago

Better to end on an even number I would gladly take this update now and wait for a final.

#115 7 years ago
Quoted from angus:

My machine does this as well, photo hunt starts but camera lights won't be on.

#116 7 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

send v23 once you have it polished a bit, but soon. That will give everyone a chance to find any new bugs and provide some feedback.

Then push 24 this late summer.

Heads up that there will likely be v25 with final small polish. It is inevitable with this many changes that we will discover some small tweaks needed from the new things added.

HUGE THANKS for all this work Ben!!! This should be the precedent for ALL Spooky coders! Deliver the games, and KEEP updating to make things better!!!!!!!!!!!!

#117 7 years ago

Just a question and not code related: Anyone have a fix for the ball getting trapped by the lower bumper on the left side?

#118 7 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

Here's the stuff I've fixed in the last few weeks:
Add option to add "english" to ball release on magnet
Add option to Advance War Fort / Bar Ghost with any shot up middle (instead of pop counts)
Make a better, faster SKILL SHOT reward sound and video
Put in new Demon Battle music
Make jump shot count towards Theater, even if other modes active
If more than 1 player, alternate between all scores and Skill Shot display
MENU: Add option to disable SCOOP SAVE during Multiball
Take out volume multiplier and replace with what works in Rob Zombie
Change default range of volumes to 0-35 with clipping warning past 25
Add Start Button Reset feature, hold for 5 seconds in Ball 2 or later
Add punchier sounds to Player Add, as well as a Stat Page for Team Leader / Player 1
Added 10 new Ghost photos to find
Have the ending Team Leader quote occur AFTER the match animation sound.
Improve Photo Hunt music, or at the very least fix the loop
X number of Sling Hits spot an ORB letter
Add option for how many tenths of a second for the Tilt Delay
Pop bumpers can trigger themselves, cutting Ball Search short
When game tilts, ball search doesn't occur
If set low enough, Ball Search can occur during Mode Start dialog
Ball search can turn on during magnet holds if set too low
Would you all prefer I do ALL of the updates for v23, once and for all finished? Even if it's late summer?
My schedule is piling to the rafters and I doubt I can get *everything* I wanted to add done by end of June as I originally planned.

I vote for release what you have and add a new update later.

Also Ben if you need any testing I'm happy to help.

#119 7 years ago
Quoted from TomGWI:

Just a question and not code related: Anyone have a fix for the ball getting trapped by the lower bumper on the left side?

Add extra rubber to the post back there.

#120 7 years ago
Quoted from TomGWI:

yeah, code

needs a quicker ball search with a few fast pulses starting at that pop. That is the most common stick point it seems. You can change the rubber under there to be a little bigger and it will help. Take off the jump ramp landing thing and you will see what I mean.

#121 7 years ago
Quoted from Tsskinne:

Add extra rubber to the post back there.

So just double up the rubber back there on the post? I can try that.
Thanks Tommy.

#122 7 years ago
Quoted from TomGWI:

Thanks Tommy.

double bag it. Have you seen where that girl has been...

#123 7 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

double bag it. Have you seen where that girl has been...

#124 7 years ago
Quoted from TomGWI:

Thanks Tommy.

Yeah it has worked well for me, and I believe I recommend it to GeneX when he wanted to use his AMH for a tourney and he also reported positive results, its not perfect but it seems to work pretty well. I have over 1300 plays on mine now and only had a ball stick there maybe a handful of times. I've had most of my issues with my scoop but that is only since installing the cliffy....tough call on protection for playfield, or removal for better play.

#125 7 years ago
Quoted from Tsskinne:

tough call on protection for playfield, or removal for better play.

I removed and put down mylar. All seems to be just fine. Spooky pfs are TOUGH as nails.

#126 7 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

I removed and put down mylar. All seems to be just fine. Spooky pfs are TOUGH as nails.

I installed the mylar there day 1, but it had already worn through once, and I was starting to get some clear chipping on edge of scoop, but agree other than that the spooky playfield is far superior to other companies right now it seems, just passing their 1,000,000 airball test was awesome.

#127 7 years ago
Quoted from angus:

So can this bug fix make it into V23? I like idea of another update in the Fall with time to evaluate this version.

#128 7 years ago

What do you guys have your scoop set at in coil settings? Mine is at zero now but I had it at 2. I either get the ball SDTM or bouncing off the slingshot post or on the right flipper. It is pretty random. A buddy told me he bent the scoop up and it helped get it consistent on his but I haven't had the same result. My switch also seems to be inconsistent lately so I may need to replace it if I can't get it adjusted correctly.

#129 7 years ago

I have an early run AMH, this happened to me. No matter what I did, I couldn't get the scoop to kick out correctly. Then I noticed there were some broken welds on the scoop. Called Spooky, they shipped me a new one, I had to pay for it. The old one had two welds near the speration, the new one had 4 or 6 where it separated, but the scoop they sent me was reinforced greatly.

Now the ball goes to the right flipper 9 times out of 10.

Quoted from TomGWI:

What do you guys have your scoop set at in coil settings? Mine is at zero now but I had it at 2. I either get the ball SDTM or bouncing off the slingshot post or on the right flipper. It is pretty random.

#130 7 years ago
Quoted from jalpert:

I have an early run AMH, this happened to me. No matter what I did, I couldn't get the scoop to kick out correctly. Then I noticed there were some broken welds on the scoop. Called Spooky, they shipped me a new one, I had to pay for it. The old one had two welds near the speration, the new one had 4 or 6 where it separated, but the scoop they sent me was reinforced greatly.
Now the ball goes to the right flipper 9 times out of 10.

Thanks. I'll check mine out. I believe mine was made somewhere in the middle or later but not sure.

#131 7 years ago

mine comes right down to the right flipper every time. i will check my settings tonight to see where i am at.

#132 7 years ago

Just remember to write down your settings before updating code so you know where to put them back to

#133 7 years ago
Quoted from TomGWI:

Thanks Tommy.

I Doubled up on the rubber and it helps a bunch. Though balls do still get stuck there but now they always get knocked loose during ball search were as with one rubber sometimes it wouldn't.

#134 7 years ago

Ball search has been made more aggressive, and the lower pop goes off 5 times per cycle since that's the biggest ball trap.

RE: photo hunt missing light, have tried to find that bug for years. May just re-write that entire lighting section.

Seems like people are OK with splitting the update. I'll button up a few more things and try to have v23 out before Memorial Day.

#135 7 years ago

A memorial weekend update would be awesome!

#136 7 years ago

With all of this adding new stuff I hope that the goal is to make sure its all bullet proof. With a last update in the near future I would much rather the current code be flawless and all we get then a bunch of new stuff that has bugs that will never get fix.

I greatly appreciate the continued support to improving the code. Thanks for all you have done Ben.

#137 7 years ago

Any chance of attract call outs when you hit the start button or flippers with no credits on the machine?

#138 7 years ago
Quoted from Playerone:

Any chance of attract call outs when you hit the start button or flippers with no credits on the machine?

Pretty sure that's what Ben means:

Quoted from benheck:

But no mention of start button.

#139 7 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Pretty sure that's what Ben means:

But no mention of start button.

Ahh, of course...

#140 7 years ago

Excited to get the update.

I'd like to see an Easter egg or two added. Like entering moo for a high score shows something funny or holding in flipper button and pushing start, replaces floppy ghost with a cow

#141 7 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Ben > simple code additional request.
Game needs some funny callouts added when in attract mode and you hit a flipper button. Most 90s on games have this. When NOT in a game and you hit the flipper button it does something cheesy to intice you to play a game. Most of them are funny callouts.
Given the current hype of GB "I ain't afraid of no ghost" would be funny to add.
add a few of them. "Hey you cheap SOB, you gotta pay to play"
etc...

OMG Whysnow has a good suggestion!!!!!!

#142 7 years ago
Quoted from maddog14:

OMG Whysnow has a good suggestion!!!!!!

thanks

#143 7 years ago

My door problem is solved. It looks like the white gear attachment plastic piece that screws into the bottom of the door stripped. I replaced it and the servo for 10 bucks and the door works fine.

Three questions tho,

In the doctor mode, I can hear the servo "grinding" when you are trying to hit the door ( with the glass off). I assume that is what re closes the door after a hit. The door servo doesn't "grind" at any other time.

I have been getting a couple of balls stuck in the VUK at one time. If in multiball , you get two balls down there at the same time they will not clear until the one ball you are playing drains. The machine will go into the clear mode after a few seconds. Sometimes it takes two or three clears to get the balls out of the VUK.

My multiball for the Bar Mode seems to go on for ever. the ball save logic keeps brining all the balls back after total draining many times.

#144 7 years ago
Quoted from sulli10:

My door problem is solved. It looks like the white gear attachment plastic piece that screws into the bottom of the door stripped. I replaced it and the servo for 10 bucks and the door works fine.
Three questions tho,
In the doctor mode, I can hear the servo "grinding" when you are trying to hit the door ( with the glass off). I assume that is what re closes the door after a hit. The door servo doesn't "grind" at any other time.
I have been getting a couple of balls stuck in the VUK at one time. If in multiball , you get two balls down there at the same time they will not clear until the one ball you are playing drains. The machine will go into the clear mode after a few seconds. Sometimes it takes two or three clears to get the balls out of the VUK.
My multiball for the Bar Mode seems to go on for ever. the ball save logic keeps brining all the balls back after total draining many times.

You may have a trough switch issue. That was affecting my multiball ball save for awhile basically giving me unlimited ball saves. Had to tinker with them to get them just right. It still concerns me for using the game in any tournaments.

#145 7 years ago
Quoted from sulli10:

Three questions tho,

Check switches i know i had adjust some at times. Also check what you have the coil power at for the vuk

#146 7 years ago

Playing the video mode it bugs me how it isn't worth any real points even if you get kinda far into it. Little floating point values or an EB could be added as you get further into it. Might make it more worth while because as is it's not really worth it and half the times it drains of the magnet after.

#147 7 years ago

Hey just getting caught up on this thread. Was at Pin-a-Go-Go this weekend and brought my AMH there and Todd, the one-armed player was there and got to play it for the first time ever with the device Ben made for him - pretty cool!

I also vote for splitting up the update and wanted to share notes from the weekend...

The machine was down two times for separate reasons and got 453 plays over the 2.5 days and 33 second average ball time and 809 minutes played. The first problem was that the servo on the ghost melted down (see pics). we fixed that and it held up the rest of the weekend although I re-set up the machine at my studio and the ghost wasn't turning but I didn't have time to check on that.

The other issue was a 3A fuse blew, which we replaced and that was that. It was down maybe 4-5 hours in total over the weekend as far as I knew (I was in the tournament and ran another tournament, so wasn't around it that often).

There were two stuck balls (one is shown) that a Pinball Medic had to free and that was it. I asked for any input too and overall everyone was really happy with it and I think the only other thing that would be cool is to maybe have a mystery award of "add a tilt warning" or similar. I had the tilt set slightly tight but I've always loved that award that I think only Dr. Dude gives out?

2016-05-14_12.04.50_(resized).jpg2016-05-14_12.04.50_(resized).jpg

2016-05-13_13.18.09_(resized).jpg2016-05-13_13.18.09_(resized).jpg

2016-05-14_12.04.53_(resized).jpg2016-05-14_12.04.53_(resized).jpg

#148 7 years ago

Thanks for sharing genex, I've never had a ball stick there, but I have gone through the same servo on the ghost. Mine was a results of tightening the plastic down on top of him too much when replacing rubbers. Glad it went well.

#149 7 years ago

that ball stick spot looks like it could be fixed by just switching to the old school rubber nut thing or possibly a smaller height nut in place of the nylon lock nut?

#150 7 years ago
Quoted from genex:

There were two stuck balls (one is shown) that a Pinball Medic had to free and that was it. I asked for any input too and overall everyone was really happy with it and I think the only other thing that would be cool is to maybe have a mystery award of "add a tilt warning" or similar. I had the tilt set slightly tight but I've always loved that award that I think only Dr. Dude gives out?

The trapped ball looks like it was caused because the wireform nut over the slingshot plastic has come loose. You can see in the picture the end of the wireform is pushed all the way over to the right. This opens up a gap between the wooden rail and the wireform where the ball got stuck. Normally there is not enough space for a stuck ball.

That nut is regularly coming loose on mine. The post is a little too short and the nylon ring on the nut doesn't bite properly. The wireform moves over like yours did and the ball gets stuck on the slingshot plastic at the wireform exit. I'm going to try replacing the lower nut with a couple of washers.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
6,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Maple Ridge, BC
Playfield - Plastics
The Pinball Scientist

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 20.00
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 287 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 6.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/amh-version-23-discussion/page/3?hl=rustylizard and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.