underpants-gnomes-theory.jpg
image.jpg
IMG_6989.JPG
image.jpg
ghost-dump.png
new_Toilet.jpg
image.jpg
Angelofdeath_(Slayer_album)_cover.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider toyotaboy.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#27 9 years ago

Snatch these up folks, when they're gone you're going to kick yourself for not buying one

#58 9 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

I love old 80s games, I just bought a Flash Gordon yesterday. Would love to have a Medusa or Fathom. Games don't need to be deep and full of ramps for me to love them. There are a lot of other fans of those games here for sure too. But the people who buy those styles of games tend to be bargain hunters by nature, not NIB buyers. So curious to see how those two markets come together.

I wouldn't even call it an 80's game, if anything it's more like an early 90's game (attack from mars). row of standup targets that drop, bash the ship (ahem ghost). 2 return ramps back to the inlanes. Also attack from mars doesn't have 800 custom speech, a hi-fidelity speaker system, open source platform (code and parts), a hellevator (something different than sticking a stock VUK there). It's sort of a bargain at $6k.

#63 9 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

I was referring to the Pinball Zombies layout with the 80s game comment

Based on what was shown at MGC last year, I can sort of agree with that as a snapshot. Stern sort of took the wind out of everyone's sails by releasing the walking dead (yes I know charlie is pushing the cheesy B movies with scantily clad women). There's no telling what that title will become, heck maybe Charlie is already changing the theme and the layout? Only him, his employees, and Ben heck likely know his direction. For a first shot pinball design, it actually was sort of a nice layout. I like his concept of using slings to replace pop bumpers just to be a little different, as well as trying to use servos for gates instead of giant overkill solenoids that suck up power.

#77 9 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

based off the theme and the artist's prior work, it should look AMAZIN

So you ARE hiring an artist (you already have a new programmer). Title 2 should be a giant weight off your shoulders.

#91 9 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

AMH needs a ColorDMD!

I sort of like the green DMD, but that's an interesting question. Would the pinheck system support a colorDMD? Not sure if it would be worth all the work for 150 machines (if everyone even desired to upgrade to color) :-/

#105 9 years ago
Quoted from DylanFan71:

I would guess May but contact Joe at Pinballstar.

I pre-ordered end of January, Chuck gave me a build date of between May - June, so ordering today would probably be closer to July-August. You may get it earlier going through a distributor because they may have a queue of preorders

#124 9 years ago

Keep in mind, AMH NOT selling out isn't necessarily a bad thing. The steady influx of orders has kept a pretty consistent 4-5 month leadtime. As Charlie has said, it's a balance game. Too many orders up front means people waiting for product, too few orders up front means people sitting around doing nothing.

Of course even if they sold out, a year wait time is still a better timeline than all the other boutique manufacturers

#128 9 years ago
Quoted from iepinball:

there isn't one at the PAPA facility

Are you sure?

2 weeks later
#153 9 years ago
Quoted from C2CPinball:

21 hours ago
Post #149 ¶quoteReportignore

» YouTube video

Man what a light show, new code looks awesome! 2 months can't come soon enough

#162 9 years ago
Quoted from Betelgeuse:

realistically being a 5-7 month wait. I think they just originally overestimated their production rate

They may have gotten out another couple weeks worth of product if they weren't wasting their time making 10 predator playfields, plastic sets, and UV ramps

#178 9 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

We sold 5 this week already, even in the "depths of pinball despair"

150 is it. Period. Our Word > Greed

Get-em-while-theyre-hot.jpgGet-em-while-theyre-hot.jpg

#191 9 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

Could always sign some aprons, remind Chuck to remind me! (my signature is terrible so whatever)

that could be dangerous, you remember how the Tron apron escalated in price?
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/fs-extremely-rare-tron-apron-999-obo

*And yes, I'd like a signed apron as well, even if I have to yank my apron off and bring it to Expo :-d

#220 9 years ago
Quoted from sensfreak:

So is AMH sold out now?

From what I overheard, yes (may actually be oversold)

#236 9 years ago
Quoted from JeffF:

our friend who has an AT&T iPhone found that when he didn't have 4G service you could actually hear his data being broadcast on the AMH audio system. He could stand 5' back from the game and you could still hear it.

At first we thought the game had an issue unt

that's not good. Isn't that a matter of grounding the speakers? Surely Ben knows a fix?

1 month later
#287 8 years ago
Quoted from genex:

Heard on C2C how if you're entering your initials but it times out it defaults to BEN

How else is Ben going to beat your score? Muhawhaw! Seriously though, it sounded like Nate waited a very long time. If anything, you would think the default name would be something like what Stern does (ABC). Of course even with Stern you can change the default high scores in pinball browser, I would imagine you could easily alter Pinheck code to default to your own initials by default.

1 week later
#327 8 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

could be bad / loose EEPROM chip. It does seem to be the part of our system with a highest defect rate. (it's the socketed DIP8 on the upper right side of PCB)

Soapbox for a moment, we socketed it for easy repair, but the dreaded Surface Mount would be more reliable.

I'd rather it be socketed, especially in a home envoirnment. Unsoldering chips is a big pain in the ass.

1 week later
#378 8 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

Just added THE GREATEST. FEATURE. EVAH

Stern could learn some things from you, possibly the most detailed code ever.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

6,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Maple Ridge, BC
$ 20.00
$ 8.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

5,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Atoka, TN
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider toyotaboy.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/amh-version-18?tu=toyotaboy and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.