underpants-gnomes-theory.jpg
image.jpg
IMG_6989.JPG
image.jpg
ghost-dump.png
new_Toilet.jpg
image.jpg
Angelofdeath_(Slayer_album)_cover.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider aurich.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#6 9 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

Added 7 more random "Ghost Photos" to find, including Hipster Ghost and Ghost Taking a Dump.

Is it true that people have been harassing Chuck with phone calls about whether or not you have the license to Ghost Taking a Dump?

#44 9 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

It is a re-theme of his Pinball Zombie cabinet, but I'm sure people knew that already.

Who had a chance to play that? It was at a show right? Pretty sure that's where the flipping video of it I saw was from.

Curious what people think of the layout and how it plays.

#46 9 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

Chuck had it at MGC last year with basic flipping code.

Right, MGC is the show I was thinking of, thanks!

Anyone play it at MGC? I know the art was criticized, but obviously that's all going to be changed. What did you think of the actual gameplay, minus the theme?

#48 9 years ago
Quoted from luvthatapex2:

Here is an early video

Yes, that's the video I was thinking of thanks. Anyone get any gameplay time on that?

I'm curious if you remove the art and theme from the equation what people think of the layout and play style. Since apparently this is a sneak peek at the next game in some ways.

#51 9 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

Wow...I didn't look too closely at those vids before. Those pops open to the whole playfield basically is brutal, and looks like a second slingshot on the left side...

Yeah, lots of random ball movement for sure. With just one ramp that's kind of integrated into the mini upper playfield with the way it's laid out, and the random pops and slingshot it feels like an early 80s solid state to me. Which makes sense if you remember that the original design for this game was going to have alphanumeric displays, was a bit of a throwback.

I remember when these videos came out all anyone really talked about was the art (not a lot of fans as I recall) and it kinda distracted from talking about the gameplay, which is a more interesting conversation IMHO.

Quoted from Frax:

what's the last game that had an upper slingshot aside from the kicker plate targets on Gottlieb Sys 3's?

WWE?

#55 9 years ago

I listened to the beginning of that C2C podcast (never listened before, not a podcast guy) and Nate was practically gushing about it. I don't have any context to judge that since I've never heard him talk about games before, but he seemed like a fan.

Obviously it's waaaaay to early to really judge, I was just curious what the initial impressions of the playfield were, we don't often get to see a game flipping before the theme is announced, since this one is getting a retheme. Kind of a cool opportunity.

#57 9 years ago
Quoted from RustyLizard:

Nate tried to be super positive about things when he started. He has been more realistic lately. He did go on to buy AMH and has already taken delivery so he is still supporting Charlie and Co.

There's no doubt in my mind that AMH is a solid game. I can see how it's not for everyone maybe, but there's a lot there, it's a legit package, with complete code, Spooky deserves the support. Ben's a smart dude, and a friend, I'm delighted to see him succeeding.

What does "more realistic" mean in this context though? Has Nate rethought what he thinks of the Pinball Zombies layout?

I love old 80s games, I just bought a Flash Gordon yesterday. Would love to have a Medusa or Fathom. Games don't need to be deep and full of ramps for me to love them. There are a lot of other fans of those games here for sure too. But the people who buy those styles of games tend to be bargain hunters by nature, not NIB buyers. So curious to see how those two markets come together.

#61 9 years ago
Quoted from toyotaboy:

I wouldn't even call it an 80's game, if anything it's more like an early 90's game (Attack from Mars). row of standup targets that drop, bash the ship (ahem ghost). 2 return ramps back to the inlanes. Also Attack from Mars doesn't have 800 custom speech, a hi-fidelity speaker system, open source platform (code and parts), a hellevator (something different than sticking a stock VUK there). It's sort of a bargain at $6k.

Heh, sorry, I guess I transitioned badly there. Took me a moment catch up with you. I was referring to the Pinball Zombies layout with the 80s game comment.

AMH is totally a modern game, rules and layout etc.

#62 9 years ago
Quoted from Razorbak86:

If Spooky could only find an art director who could spearhead such a cool opportunity. Someone with artistic talent, design abilities, experience at managing artists, good rep in the pinball community, great communication skills, etc. Must be a really unique and valuable team member. Any idea where they could find someone like that?

Heh. Never say never, but right now Charlie is doing his own thing, and I'm confident people will be happy with the art result on his next project. I'm excited to see it myself. He knows I'm pulling for Spooky's success, and that's enough for the time being.

#67 9 years ago
Quoted from MapleSyrup:

It's an original theme, like everybody claims to want. Spooky is proving they are getting them out the door in a timely manner to everybody who orders. Ben is refining what is by all accounts amazing code. THIS is a shining beacon in boutique pinball.

Absolutely. Sorry I dragged this thread off track, just was very curious what people think about Spooky's next game. I should just start a new thread to ask, not hijack this one.

If you're going to TPF then make sure you check out AMH! I expect a lot of orders from that show, and if you want to get ahead of the line see if you can't get your order in early too.

#69 9 years ago
Quoted from Zitt:

Aurich; are you going to TPF?

No, I won't. I might travel up for PAGG, probably only show in the near future. Haven't decided if I'll go to Expo again this year or not.

#76 9 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

I'm quite proud of the BG and cabinet art, especially since we had to re-do it fast after showing the "green" version at Expo 2013. (I did the final cab art in 3 EVENINGS!)

I think the new cab art is the strongest part of the art package actually. I really love how bold and vibrant it is. Gives it a real "pinall" feel, because it looks like it's meant to draw quarter droppers from across the room.

Quoted from benheck:

I can say with utmost certainly that nobody will complain about the artwork on Spooky #2 - based off the theme and the artist's prior work, it should look AMAZING.

Agreed, I'm really looking forward to the art reveal, I think it has the potential to be amazing.

#88 9 years ago

This thread is useless without a photo of Ghost Taking a Dump!

#90 9 years ago

AMH needs a ColorDMD!

But maybe not Smell-O-Vision!But maybe not Smell-O-Vision!

#119 9 years ago
Quoted from robertmee:

Supposedly Predator still has a waiting list and it's mostly vaporware and empty promises at this point. So, why does anyone suppose that AMH hasn't caught fire?

Predator doesn't have a waiting list, just to be clear. Total myth. Not even sold out. There was a time that wasn't true, but it was a long time ago.

There's no question a license can give you an instant fan base. Unlicensed can be more of a slow burn.

The reality is Spooky hasn't really had a chance to show this game off. It's never been out West, and there are a lot of wealthy collectors out here. TPF will be the first opportunity to even be on this side of the country.

#122 9 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

I am not saying you are wrong, but kindly prove it with actual evidence please.
There is likely only 1 person that knows the reality, but I would like to know where is your proof.

No one has to take my word for it, which is all I'm going to provide. But good luck finding anyone on the list, or 250 people who will say they're still in. No reason to spend time worrying about a vapor ware product beating shipping games is all.

There's already a thread for Predator gloom and doom though, this is about how Spooky is actually delivering games. There's no reason to compare them to something that doesn't exist. The truth is if they were sold out right now there would probably just be a long line of people waiting. Charlie said something to that effect once, about finding the right speed to sell. Too slow and they can't keep the line moving. Too fast and they can't keep up.

Maybe as game 2 comes to light they'll be able to more permanently ramp their production line up. They deserve success, they've done what no one else could. Announce a game, build it, ship it, finished code, good responsiveness and listening to customers. No nonsense, no drama.

#147 9 years ago
Quoted from C2CPinball:

Great way to get sucked into being on a podcast...

Just guard your high scores when Troz is over!

2 weeks later
#202 9 years ago
Quoted from SpookyCharlie:

We've got a chance to make this really cool, and we're re-thinking lots of stuff. I liked the wild randomness of the original game, but it needs to be better. We can mix great shots with crazy... just don't want it to be yet another "fan" layout, but I know we need to keep some flow as well.

You know I'm excited about game 2, it deserves to be the best you can make it.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

6,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Maple Ridge, BC
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider aurich.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/amh-version-18?tu=aurich and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.