Topic Stats

• 387 posts
  • 81 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by Whysnow
  • Topic is favorited by 7 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 12 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

IMG_20150522_172916145.jpg
IMG_7169.JPG
download (1).jpg
Get-em-while-theyre-hot-326.jpg
underpants-gnomes-theory.jpg
image.jpg
IMG_6989.JPG
image.jpg
ghost-dump.png
new_Toilet.jpg
image.jpg
Angelofdeath_(Slayer_album)_cover.jpg

There are 387 posts in this topic. You are on page 8 of 8.
#351 4 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

Wow...I didn't look too closely at those vids before. Those pops open to the whole playfield basically is brutal, and looks like a second slingshot on the left side...what's the last game that had an upper slingshot aside from the kicker plate targets on Gottlieb Sys 3's?

Good. We need more chaos back in games.
download (1).jpg

#352 4 years ago

RE: Photo Hunt

1) Yes originally it could stack but got too complex as modes developed. Was better to "un-stack" it.

2) Thought it would collect and say "Photo Hunt Ready when mode ends" but maybe I'm thinking of Video Mode that does that. I'll check and make sure it lights when a mode ends.

3) This is pretty easy to add, I'll just make a GLIR progress for each player and load/change it during the drain.

At some point I think it was TOO easy to start Photo Hunt so I dialed it back to prevent endless Photo Hunts.

Keep the ideas coming, putting them all on my list! Note: several things have already been fixed in v20, such as End of Ball scores not showing.

#353 4 years ago

Ben, thanks for updating the changelog. Will the v19 changes be added to the v20 list or will v19 be added at some point on its own?

#354 4 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

No indicator of # of players on skill shot screen is a known issue.
Problem is there's so much info on that screen already, not sure how to get up to 4 scores on display there.
I'm open to suggestions.

Skill shot screen is only place you need a # of players entered. Upper right just needs to say 1 of 4, 2 of 4. I'm agreeing with Whysnow I guess.

#355 4 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

RE: Photo Hunt
1) Yes originally it could stack but got too complex as modes developed. Was better to "un-stack" it.
2) Thought it would collect and say "Photo Hunt Ready when mode ends" but maybe I'm thinking of Video Mode that does that. I'll check and make sure it lights when a mode ends.
3) This is pretty easy to add, I'll just make a GLIR progress for each player and load/change it during the drain.
At some point I think it was TOO easy to start Photo Hunt so I dialed it back to prevent endless Photo Hunts.
Keep the ideas coming, putting them all on my list! Note: several things have already been fixed in v20, such as End of Ball scores not showing.

I know its "spirit guide will be list when ball ends"
Is Photo Hunt always the 1st spirit guide award? Its seems so on mine, maybe by design - but if its supposed to be random, its not.

#356 4 years ago

dgarrett your game might be set to Tournament mode. That's the only case in which the Spirit Guide awards should be linear, else they're supposed to be random.

#357 4 years ago

Yep, tourney mode always gives photo hunt.

#358 4 years ago

For tourney mode, you should have a Ball Save = 0 seconds.

#359 4 years ago

I found a scoring exploit. Seems modes can really crank up the score. Hellevator MB scoring at 250k is low.
Usually its hospital that gives me the best score. But this one mode was worth 351M with a LOT of super JP's
IMHOIMG_7169.JPG

#360 4 years ago

There are 19 Spirit Guide awards. If tourney = ON, it awards them in order starting with Light Photo Hunt. It skips any you've already achieved, then loops around at end.

Ball Save can be set to 0 seconds, but you're suggesting Tourney includes that in its pre-sets? I will need some second and third opinions on that one.

Hellavator Scoring has been fixed in v20, on advice from THE KEEFER himself!

#361 4 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

There are 19 Spirit Guide awards. If tourney = ON, it awards them in order starting with Light Photo Hunt. It skips any you've already achieved, then loops around at end.
Ball Save can be set to 0 seconds, but you're suggesting Tourney includes that in its pre-sets? I will need some second and third opinions on that one.

I think ball save at launch is good to be zero for touney defaults, but given the physical nature of the right scoop kickout it is still good to have the 1.5 second ball save for that.

Bad/ cheap beats fromt he game should be avoided and almost all games have code in place (even for tourney mode) for cheap kickouts or for example missed kickbacks. Ball saves for cheap beats are a good thing for enjoyement of play, even in the competitive setting.

#362 4 years ago

Don't most games still use the factory default ball save for tournament settings? Games in PAPA banks still have ball saves.

#363 4 years ago
Quoted from Betelgeuse:

Don't most games still use the factory default ball save for tournament settings? Games in PAPA banks still have ball saves.

ball save to zero at ball launch is pretty common for tournament settings.

most games stil have a ball save timer that kicks on during multiball or start of any wizard modes.

#364 4 years ago

I assume ball-save can always be adjusted in tournament mode; i.e. I assume you can put it in tournament mode then adjust the ball save to 0. If this is true, then the ball save pre-set for tournament mode really doesn't matter too much, right?

#365 4 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

Cool.
Yep, Keefer and I and Josh Sharpe were discussing at league Saturday, which was in my basement this month.

#366 4 years ago
Quoted from btw75:

I assume ball-save can always be adjusted in tournament mode; i.e. I assume you can put it in tournament mode then adjust the ball save to 0. If this is true, then the ball save pre-set for tournament mode really doesn't matter too much, right?

extra ball and ball save can be overridden once Tourney=Yes. Tourney shuts off randomness, so mystery awards always give 1,000,000 or whatever. The common example is Attack From Mars stroke of luck.
Tourney doesn't need to include Ball Save =0, as long as that setting is already possible (I could only scroll 1-9 seconds and didn't see a 0)

#367 4 years ago

Tourney Mode ON removes randomness from certain modes. It also "pre-sets" things like extra ball to OFF.

It's quite easy to add Ball Save = 0 as one of its presets. Since I have added an option for "Give Ball Back on Zero Points?" it should set that to NO as well.

#368 4 years ago

Great, sounds like tournament directors have full control then - I forgot what Ben was trying to say - tourney mode removes randomness and presets certain variables. No big deal then to override the presets.

Thanks!

#369 4 years ago

I'm not sure if this is a feature already, but is it possible to have a setting where on tournament mode (or just in general) the Spirit Guide awards are randomized every game, but the same order is used for every player in a game? For qualifying it makes sense to have it the same every game so that scores remain consistent throughout qualifying, but for head-to-head play it'd be more interesting if different awards show up, but still kept fair from player to player.

#370 4 years ago

In tourneys, its best to keep it non-random and a constant score. I've never seen a tourney director that would want games set one way for qualifying and then change settings for finals. I'd vote to keep the tourney settings as close to the "standard" setup as other bally/williams or Stern games using in tourneys (and JJP games).

#371 4 years ago

In tourney mode, each player gets the awards in a set order.

If an award has already been achieved (like Light Bar Ghost but you've already done it) the next award is be used.

#372 4 years ago

Looking at the v20 changelog, am still curious (hopeful) to see that trough logic has been fixed since v18.

#373 4 years ago

Added total number of players indicator to Skill Shot screen (only appears if more than 1 player)

Anything else?

IMG_20150522_172916145.jpg
#374 4 years ago

That is great BeN!

#375 4 years ago

Ben is #3 on the front page of Reddit right now. He's huge.

#376 4 years ago

Just added THE GREATEST. FEATURE. EVAH.

#377 4 years ago

Very cool.

Would be nice to set it so that there has to be a couple seconds of delay before the 5th start button press. When I want to start a 4-player game, I'll often just jab at the start button 4 or 5 (or 6) times because (older, slower) machines have trained me not to believe that players are getting added with each button press.

#378 4 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

Just added THE GREATEST. FEATURE. EVAH

Stern could learn some things from you, possibly the most detailed code ever.

#379 4 years ago

SteveT I see your point but that might be a bridge too far code wise (would involve changing the debounce and other stuff)

Rest assured, any time in Ball 1 you can add players back in, even while the game is in progress.

#380 4 years ago

That is sweet!

Now if you can figure out a sequence to cancel all games so when my kids start 4 player games and leave two balls on all players. Instead of turning game off that is. Even if it involved opening coin door that'd be better than cycling power.

#381 4 years ago

Couldn't you just go into the menu and bounce back out?

That terminates any playing game (some have complained about that but for you it'd be a FEATURE!)

#382 4 years ago

Won't have my game for two weeks but if that's the way it is...works for me

#383 4 years ago

I'm sending v20 over to Chuck for testing this week. If you ask, he can ship your game with it (should be OK)

#384 4 years ago

Great news

#385 4 years ago

very cool!

if people wanna reset their whole game could they hold the start button down for like 3-4 seconds and it would start a one player game (initially) like you can do on some modern games? (vs opening it up and going into the menu).

And this is ONLY on free play or even if you have lots of money/credits in?

#386 4 years ago

Very nice feature!

#387 4 years ago

VERY COOL BEN!!!!!!!!!!!!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 79.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Machine - For Sale
Atlanta, GA
6,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Normal, IL
$ 5,800.00
Pinball Machine
Great American Pinball
$ 40.00
Lighting - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus
$ 14.99
Hardware
Chroma Pinball
$ 5.00
Playfield - Decals
Doc's Pinball Shop
There are 387 posts in this topic. You are on page 8 of 8.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside