underpants-gnomes-theory.jpg
image.jpg
IMG_6989.JPG
image.jpg
ghost-dump.png
new_Toilet.jpg
image.jpg
Angelofdeath_(Slayer_album)_cover.jpg

There are 387 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 8.
#201 9 years ago
Quoted from SpookyCharlie:

then we'll announce officially what's happening on game #2. Gonna be a little while. Sorry guys! Probably late summer / early fall.
We've got a chance to make this really cool, and we're re-thinking lots of stuff. I liked the wild randomness of the original game, but it needs to be better. We can mix great shots with crazy... just don't want it to be yet another "fan" layout, but I know we need to keep some flow as well.
Back to work... loading up for Texas and got a loooooong drive tonight!

Great news.

Is the pinside home collector market ready for a pin that's not JAFL? ("just another fan layout" around these parts)
I think that question alone is worthy of its own thread...
-mof

#202 9 years ago

We've got a chance to make this really cool, and we're re-thinking lots of stuff. I liked the wild randomness of the original game, but it needs to be better. We can mix great shots with crazy... just don't want it to be yet another "fan" layout, but I know we need to keep some flow as well.

You know I'm excited about game 2, it deserves to be the best you can make it.

#203 9 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

You know I'm excited about game 2, it deserves to be the best you can make it.

Me too! While AMH is pretty great, it's just not *quite* for me...anxiously awaiting game 2's layout and theme.

#204 9 years ago

Well.... we must have crossed the line of success just far enough to be part of the "what's next" debate! Lol...
Gonna focus on getting AMH sold out and made, then we'll announce officially what's happening on game #2. Gonna be a little while. Sorry guys! Probably late summer / early fall.
Back to work... loading up for Texas and got a loooooong drive tonight!

See you in the morning, asshole. Drink lots of coffee and drive safe!!

#205 9 years ago

You're coming too, old man?

(Things Bryan's wife never says to him for 500, Alex)

#206 9 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

You're coming too, old man?

(Things Bryan's wife never says to him for 500, Alex)

I am everywhere and no where....all at the same time, Mr. Heckhooffer.

#207 9 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

AMH will be in the TPF tournament this weekend.

Nice work Ben. I wish everyone could appreciate how much work goes into programming, and much of that work into weird stuff no one really notices.

#208 9 years ago

Thanks programming is 80% of the design work. Can't be underestimated.

#209 9 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

programming is 80% of the design work

And, in my experience, the last 10% of any design is 90% of the work... and not the fun part
Someone else pointed this out too, look up the "90-90 rule" if you think this isn't common.

#210 9 years ago

Just put down a deposit. Excited for this game and can't wait to see how the code continues to improve between now and when my game arrives!

#211 9 years ago

Sold 10 more AMH first half day of Texas show. Insane. I don't even know if they'll last the weekend. Certainly won't last past MGC.

If you're on the fence and at show, act quickly. If you're not here, email Kaytee or Chuck (links on Spooky Pinball.com)

#212 9 years ago

I'm glad I'm in before the lock! I've never seen or played AMH... Wish I could be at TBP

#213 9 years ago

How many are left?

#214 9 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

Sold 10 more AMH first half day of Texas show. Insane. I don't even know if they'll last the weekend. Certainly won't last past MGC.
If you're on the fence and at show, act quickly. If you're not here, email Kaytee or Chuck (links on Spooky Pinball.com)

This is awesome and how it should be. A real pin. Made by real enthusiasts. Real Support. And you can take it home and play it for real. ZERO hassel. Zero stress. Just pinball fun. Can't say enough about Spooky doing it right. Ben and team rock!

#215 9 years ago

35 left as of this morning.

#216 9 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

So that's how you sell a machine?
Maybe the underwear gnomes were wrong all along...

1. Build machine
2. Bring it to a show
3. Profit

-mof

#217 9 years ago

If only I had my money back from Predator, I could order one of these.

#218 9 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

Waiting for Predator refunds...

... may likely allow me to order game #2

#219 9 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

So is AMH sold out now?

#220 9 years ago
Quoted from sensfreak:

So is AMH sold out now?

From what I overheard, yes (may actually be oversold)

#221 9 years ago
Quoted from sensfreak:

benheck said:

That was 2 days ago... I agree, they maybe all spoken for by now.

Congrats to Spooky & Gang!

#222 9 years ago
Quoted from sensfreak:

If only I had my money back from Predator, I could order one of these.

My predator money went to AMH. Was supposed to go to furniture.. Thank the Pinball Gods that Spooky was setup next to skitb at expo 2013.

#223 9 years ago

I posted this is in the TPF thread, but realized it may be better served to post here:

My AMH shows up in 45 days or so...I haven't seen anything posted in regards to the next game's order process? Will it be pre-order deposit? Will it be a limited run of 150 again? Will AMH buyers get first dibs like JJP did with Hobbit? Just curious....

#224 9 years ago
Quoted from robertmee:

Will it be a limited run of 150 again?

I believe they mentioned it would be limited to 300 games for game #2 during their TPF talk.

#225 9 years ago

I have noticed a bug where sometimes End of Ball values don't appear (blank space) I wrote a fix for that on the plane down but didn't flash it, will test it out tonight!

I want to see if any bugs pop up at MGC as well, fix those if any, then release V19 which will probably be the last release until all games are shipped and we have a larger feedback pool for V20.

Was there anything else people noticed on V18?

#226 9 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

I have noticed a bug where sometimes End of Ball values don't appear (blank space) I wrote a fix for that on the plane down but didn't flash it, will test it out tonight!
I want to see if any bugs pop up at MGC as well, fix those if any, then release V19 which will probably be the last release until all games are shipped and we have a larger feedback pool for V20.

I sent Charlie an email a couple days ago with something I ran into. Not necessarily a bug or a big deal, but something that could cause erratic behavior over the long term. Love the software you did, it's great.

#227 9 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

There was some bug with the scoring. No matter how many times I played I couldn't score for sh*t!

#228 8 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

Ben I sent you a PM earlier concerning an exploit more so than a bug I think. Let me know if what I said doesn't make sense and I can try to explain better.

#229 8 years ago

One bug that was noticed at TPF was scoring related. After a game ended, the player's score did not cycle back into view.

It showed the high score board, but the previous player's score never showed back up.

I'm not sure of how to replicate the problem, but we did experience that one issue.

Marcus

#230 8 years ago

Ben, I am having balls stay in the outhole and not get kicked over. It's seemingly random, and when it happens, I can jump straight into switch test mode and the correct switches will be closed/open. It happened to me a few times this evening. When I exit switch test mode, the ball immediately kicks over. Is there anything you want me to check next time?

#231 8 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

That's right.... forgot about this. It happened to me once at TPF.

#232 8 years ago
Quoted from btw75:

Ben, I am having balls stay in the outhole and not get kicked over. It's seemingly random, and when it happens, I can jump straight into switch test mode and the correct switches will be closed/open. It happened to me a few times this evening. When I exit switch test mode, the ball immediately kicks over. Is there anything you want me to check next time?

The ball stays in the drain you mean?

#233 8 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

The ball stays in the drain you mean?

yes

#234 8 years ago
#235 8 years ago
#236 8 years ago
Quoted from JeffF:

our friend who has an AT&T iPhone found that when he didn't have 4G service you could actually hear his data being broadcast on the AMH audio system. He could stand 5' back from the game and you could still hear it.

At first we thought the game had an issue unt

that's not good. Isn't that a matter of grounding the speakers? Surely Ben knows a fix?

#237 8 years ago
Quoted from btw75:

Could be your coin door switch not fully closing.

In the menu, set DOOR WARNING to NO and see if problem persists.

#238 8 years ago
Quoted from Xerico:

One bug that was noticed at TPF was scoring related. After a game ended, the player's score did not cycle back into view.
It showed the high score board, but the previous player's score never showed back up.
I'm not sure of how to replicate the problem, but we did experience that one issue.
Marcus

Was this on the tournament game?

#239 8 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

Was this on the tournament game?

Yes. It occurred during the tournament.

Was very strange, and did not happen every time.

Marcus

#240 8 years ago
Quoted from JeffF:

Not a bug but worth mentioning... our friend who has an AT&T iPhone found that when he didn't have 4G service you could actually hear his data being broadcast on the AMH audio system. He could stand 5' back from the game and you could still hear it.
At first we thought the game had an issue until we noticed we heard the sound right before he would get an email/text notification.

That is common for GSM/GPRS phones and any audio equipment. I hear it all the time on my audio systems at home, whenever my security system "checks in" with its provider. (It is using a GPRS modem.) I never get the interference from my Verizon phone (which is CDMA).

#241 8 years ago

I think I found the Glitch that could cause scores not to appear. It may have depended on # of players.

I added a bit of code they should always show now.

Fixed the Minion MB problem as well.

Will continue tweaking until MGC, find more bugs then if any, then release V19 of code.

#242 8 years ago

Ben thank you so much for your continued improvement of the game.

#243 8 years ago
#244 8 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

I think I found the Glitch that could cause scores not to appear. It may have depended on # of players.
I added a bit of code they should always show now.

FWIW, I had it happen today in ball 3 of a 1 player game. Not sure what all was running, but I know not any of the main modes.

Quoted from benheck:

Could be your coin door switch not fully closing.
In the menu, set DOOR WARNING to NO and see if problem persists.

Ok, played about 10 test games with the setting to "no" and the issue did not come up again.

Thx

#245 8 years ago

Oh yeah - one more possible TPF issue:
The booth game I brought home only showed ~570 plays. After hearing some of the playcounts on other machines, I think this can't be right. With an average ball time of 38 seconds and a line ALL weekend to play AMH, I'd be more apt to believe ~1,570 plays. Did it get reset mod weekend? does the 4th digit show up?

#246 8 years ago

What were the other game counts? I'm pretty sure the menu can display up to 6 digit numbers.

AMH didn't have NEARLY the lines TBL and Hobbit did - I didn't bother with either of those games (played them at Expo anyway)

#247 8 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

What were the other game counts? I'm pretty sure the menu can display up to 6 digit numbers.
AMH didn't have NEARLY the lines TBL and Hobbit did - I didn't bother with either of those games (played them at Expo anyway)

I've heard counts > 900 for some games with many > 600, and I'm not including TBL or TH. It may be fine, but it just sounded REALLY low.

#248 8 years ago
Quoted from btw75:

Oh yeah - one more possible TPF issue:
The booth game I brought home only showed ~570 plays. After hearing some of the playcounts on other machines, I think this can't be right. With an average ball time of 38 seconds and a line ALL weekend to play AMH, I'd be more apt to believe ~1,570 plays. Did it get reset mod weekend? does the 4th digit show up?

How many days was the show? I believe the highest numbers we were seeing for the newer Stern games at Zapcon last year was in the 400-500's during a 2 day show.

#249 8 years ago

2 days, Friday afternoon to Sunday afternoon.

I'm pretty sure my counter is accurate.

#250 8 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

2 days, Friday afternoon to Sunday afternoon.
I'm pretty sure my counter is accurate.

No worries, I was just surprised when I heard stories of 600-900 game audits on other games.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
4,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Denver, CO
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 210.00
$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints
Tools
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
6,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Maple Ridge, BC
There are 387 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 8.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/amh-version-18/page/5 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.