Topic Stats

• 387 posts
  • 81 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by Whysnow
  • Topic is favorited by 7 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 12 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

IMG_20150522_172916145.jpg
IMG_7169.JPG
download (1).jpg
Get-em-while-theyre-hot-326.jpg
underpants-gnomes-theory.jpg
image.jpg
IMG_6989.JPG
image.jpg
ghost-dump.png
new_Toilet.jpg
image.jpg
Angelofdeath_(Slayer_album)_cover.jpg

There are 387 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 8.
#1 4 years ago

I completed version 18 of the AMH code last week and new games are being shipped with it. An "update release" will be coming by next weekend (3/7/15)

Changes / Fixes / Additions:

The deadly right scoop eject gives a very short Ball Save in case it goes straight down the middle.
Fixed an issue where the A/V kernel could "freeze" during games.
GLIR outlane rollovers always make a "negative" sound when hit.
GLIR inlane rollovers always make a sound, even if already lit.
GLIR rollover status displayed on DMD, along with "Ghost Locating Infrared" so you know what it stands for.
Added 7 more random "Ghost Photos" to find, including Hipster Ghost and Ghost Taking a Dump.
Added a red cabinet color pulse when collecting extra time in Photo Hunt Mode.
Improved ORB rollover DMD graphics.
ORB rollovers stay lit between balls, increasing chances of completing them.
Improved / sped up lightning cabinet effects during some modes.
Normal combos and Ghost Catch combos can now chain up to 9x maximum (was 5 before)
Added option in menu allowing you to set the Combo timer (default is 6 seconds, range is 3 to 15)
Spelling PSYCHIC starts 20 seconds double scoring. Hit PSYCHIC during this time to add a few seconds to the mode.
Spelling TECH increases that player's Ball Save Timer by a few seconds for rest of game.
Spelling WIKI increases Minion Hit Damage for rest of ball.
Spelling PSYCHIC, TECH or WIKI re-lights Spririt Guide (same as before)
Spelling PSYCHIC, TECH and WIKI lights VIDEO MODE, started by shooting Ghost Loop.
PSYCHIC, TECH or WIKI cannot be spelled again (or re-awarded) until all 3 have been spelled.
Improved playfield insert animations throughout game.
Center shot triggers a lightning show and thunder sound effect if nothing else is going on (fun to hit!)
Collecting EVP's can now earn an Extra Ball. Default is 10 EVPs = 1 extra ball, can be adjusted in menu.
Elevator Call button now always make a "Reject" sound if it's not available in a mode.
Fixed a bug where skipping past Ball 3 end of ball animation/bonus would prevent the game's scores from appearing correctly during Match if more than 1 player.
Hellavator motion slightly sped up during Ball Locks.
Fixed a bug where the Last Game Scores would freeze onscreen after entering a player's initials.
Fixed a bug where REPLAY would something show up after a game had finished.
Added 2 second "grace period" to Ball Save, light goes out but there's still 2 seconds of Ball Save (on top of user-selected value)
Fixed issue where locking balls would cause Hotel Mode light progress indicators to dissappear.
Improved stability of animations that show a "Mode Total" onscreen - numbers shouldn't get erased by other interrupting videos now.
Slightly extended the length of the pop bumper "Bar Ghost" and "War Fort" progress bar videos.
Added watchdog timers and SD card error compensation to greatly improve stability of audio/video kernel.
Added a voice prompt for getting a MATCH. Match fail is the same (reality TV show "bowed oil cans"
Added playfield insert animations for End Credits (if you can get that far
Fixed bug where Hospital Ghost and Hellavator Multiball couldn't be restarted after beating the game.
Various small audio and video improvements and fixes.
Added 1 cow to game.

Thanks to our early adopters for not only supporting us, but reporting bugs too! We feel this is about as good as the code can get, so the majority of owners will receive a game with finished, fully bugged code.

We've heard of users on Mac having trouble updating the game, a Mac buddy of mine is visiting today and we're going to try and solve that problem as well.

#2 4 years ago

Ben heck/spooky pinball. Rock stars!

#4 4 years ago

Holy crap. Incredible. More code updates by one small company than any other *big* company would ever dream of (or think we are deserving of).

Great job on finding the needle in the haystack; the a/v kernel freeze. That must have been a l-o-n-g weekend.

The code on AMH is now so fine tuned that it rivals code masterpieces such as MM, LOTR. SM, and TSPP.

#5 4 years ago

I think we "found the code" ... and its in AMH!

Thanks Ben

#6 4 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

Added 7 more random "Ghost Photos" to find, including Hipster Ghost and Ghost Taking a Dump.

Is it true that people have been harassing Chuck with phone calls about whether or not you have the license to Ghost Taking a Dump?

#7 4 years ago

Amazing work guys! Be very proud!

#8 4 years ago

Thanks! This will be installed today

#9 4 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

update release" will be coming by next weekend (3/7/15)

Oops, maybe next weekend

#10 4 years ago

Man, I can't wait to play this at TPF, and I really hope I hate it, because I don't need to want another new pin!

I think the odds of that are about nil. I mean...how do you beat Ghost Taking a Dump?!

#11 4 years ago
Quoted from zero:

Thanks! This will be installed today

dont think it has been officially released yet

#12 4 years ago

It requires new main game code and an updated image for the SD card.

None of the new files are on my site yet.

Working on Mac issues now!

#13 4 years ago

Kickass work any plans on adding a real knocker function?

#14 4 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

so the majority of owners will receive a game with finished, fully bugged code.

So only a minority will get a game with the debugged code?

Seriously, typo aside, this is one kickass accomplishment. Can't wait to play this at TPF.

#15 4 years ago

That's one heck of an update

#17 4 years ago

Great news. Can't wait to get mine!

#18 4 years ago

You never cease to amaze Mr. Heck. Can I do the voice for Ghost taking dump?

#19 4 years ago

I didn't know ghosts took dumps...

#20 4 years ago
Quoted from Pimp77:

If you want to be a ghost for Halloween you start by taking a sheet......

#21 4 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

Added 1 cow to game.

Seems weird when taken out of context

#22 4 years ago

The pinball community is standing up and taking note that Spooky Pinball is the real deal. I love my AMH, and the newest code update looks to be far and beyond what anyone could ever expect. This thing is quickly turning into a masterpiece.
Terry.

#23 4 years ago
Quoted from Pimp77:

You must not have read the haunted house thread.

#24 4 years ago

When do I come over to lay down some tracks for those other eggs we discussed Mr. Heckendorn ?

#25 4 years ago

Well I really wanted a "Random Photo" in the photo hunt of a ghost on a toilet, but some imagery is really hard to pull off on a 128x32 display. I managed though.

Might have some time later this week Hilton. It is a cow noise, correct? Or was it a donkey?

#26 4 years ago

there were a few noises we discussed, but we can leave them as a suprise for players to find on their own as that is part of the fun with hidden cows and eggs

Shoot me a message with when you want me to swing over. Any night this week is fine.

#27 4 years ago

Snatch these up folks, when they're gone you're going to kick yourself for not buying one

#28 4 years ago
Quoted from toyotaboy:

Snatch these up folks, when they're gone you're going to kick yourself for not buying one

I have more fun with this game than should be allowed by law

#29 4 years ago

I'm so glad I got in on this. I should be getting close to my games production.

#30 4 years ago

Hey, Ben...any idea what the next game will be?

#31 4 years ago

I know exactly what Chuck's next game is, yes.

#33 4 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

I know exactly what Chuck's next game is, yes.

A O D !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#34 4 years ago

I am guessing AoD didn't work out, but maaan I would love to be wrong about that. My best guess now is that Charlie got his Rob Zombie theme, as Rob is a well known pinhead.

#35 4 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

A O D !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Aunt Olive Died??

#36 4 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

A O D !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quoted from Bryan_Kelly:

Aunt Olive Died??

Agents of Dangerous: A Spooky/Skit-B joint.

#37 4 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

Agents of Dangerous: A Spooky/Skit-B joint.

Maybe. Maybe not.

#39 4 years ago

I wish they would do Predator...

#40 4 years ago

"Added 7 more random "Ghost Photos" to find, including Hipster Ghost and Ghost Taking a Dump."

LMAO!

#41 4 years ago

Chuck will probably announce once the cab and BG art is done, and after all the licensing details have been nailed down. It is a re-theme of his Pinball Zombie cabinet, but I'm sure people knew that already.

#42 4 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

Chuck will probably announce once the cab and BG art is done, and after all the licensing details have been nailed down. It is a re-theme of his Pinball Zombie cabinet, but I'm sure people knew that already.

Has the playfield changed any? Or just being re-dressed?

#43 4 years ago
#44 4 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

It is a re-theme of his Pinball Zombie cabinet, but I'm sure people knew that already.

Who had a chance to play that? It was at a show right? Pretty sure that's where the flipping video of it I saw was from.

Curious what people think of the layout and how it plays.

#45 4 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Who had a chance to play that? It was at a show right? Pretty sure that's where the flipping video of it I saw was from.
Curious what people think of the layout and how it plays.

Chuck had it at MGC last year with basic flipping code.

#46 4 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

Chuck had it at MGC last year with basic flipping code.

Right, MGC is the show I was thinking of, thanks!

Anyone play it at MGC? I know the art was criticized, but obviously that's all going to be changed. What did you think of the actual gameplay, minus the theme?

#47 4 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Right, MGC is the show I was thinking of, thanks!
Anyone play it at MGC? I know the art was criticized, but obviously that's all going to be changed. What did you think of the actual gameplay, minus the theme?

Here is an early video

and at MGC

#48 4 years ago
Quoted from luvthatapex2:

Here is an early video

Yes, that's the video I was thinking of thanks. Anyone get any gameplay time on that?

I'm curious if you remove the art and theme from the equation what people think of the layout and play style. Since apparently this is a sneak peek at the next game in some ways.

#49 4 years ago

Wow...I didn't look too closely at those vids before. Those pops open to the whole playfield basically is brutal, and looks like a second slingshot on the left side...what's the last game that had an upper slingshot aside from the kicker plate targets on Gottlieb Sys 3's?

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 79.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 50.00
Machine - For Sale
Atlanta, GA
$ 5,800.00
Pinball Machine
Great American Pinball
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
6,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Normal, IL
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
Playfield - Plastics
Mod Magic!
$ 45.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
There are 387 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 8.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside