• Latest reply 7 years ago by benheck
  • Topic is favorited by 10 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

WIN_20160912_20_33_47_Pro (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider benheck.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 7 years ago

It's the moment 150 people have been waiting for...

America's Most Haunted - one of the top 2 ghost-hunting pinball machines ever created - can now be updated to version 23!

For information and a full list of new features please visit: http://www.benheck.com/amh/

#9 7 years ago

Read the instructions CAREFULLY.

Biggest thing: Do a FORMAT of the SD card, don't just erase the files that are on it.

Only copy the new files to a clean, freshly formatted SD card.

As a backup, buy a new SD card, keep your old one just in case.

Even with a brand new card, STILL re-format as specified.

Will make a "Rules & Update" video in about a week when I have more time.

#20 7 years ago

Yeah that's the thing. You can't just copy the ZIP file to the SD, or copy from the ZIP file to the SD.

You need to extract the files to a folder on your computer, THEN copy the DMD, SFX and Version.TXT files to the freshly formatted SD.

I'd recommend doing the SD card thing first, and let the video system update itself.

Then, once that seems to be working, do the main code flash with the pinHeck program from my site.

#30 7 years ago

Yes if your game updates to a new version most settings go back to default. This is done to make sure any new added settings get properly stored in EEPROM.

High scores and audits remain.

Only two characters working on high score entry - have never seen that bug. WEIRD. Does the cursor make it to the third position, or is it stuck on two?

Can the second character be changed at all?

#39 7 years ago

If everyone can give me a consensus (average) on what default "Ball Load" should be at I can change it in the HEX file.

I have also seen it where a "hard load" can get the ball stuck on the metal apron above the shooter rod!

#42 7 years ago

Hey, why not tell me what you're using for all of them! In this format:

Flipper, Slings, Pops, Left Vuk, Right Scoop, Autolauncher, Load strength, Drain kick strength

#51 7 years ago

It's hard for me to replicate USB issues since all my computers have been plugged into every board imaginable.

I'm not sure the drivers link on my site is the best bet anymore going to look into it.

#55 7 years ago

My test unit did that too. It happens when the game wants to put up the targets but (thinks) it detects a ball behind them.

Try re-seating the opto connectors under the ghost.

4 weeks later
#75 7 years ago

Yeah if the A/V kernel and SD card is at a different version than the main game code you'll certainly have missing sounds, videos, etc.

Not always a big deal but v23 was a pretty major update.

#79 7 years ago

They used to be different (A/V code changes very rarely) but a while back I bumped them to the same number just to make things simpler.

6 months later
#99 7 years ago

Sounds like a mechanical error to me.

The above descriptions are correct, targets should come down allowing you to trap a ball.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Playfield - Plastics
The Pinball Scientist

6,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Maple Ridge, BC
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider benheck.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/amh-v23-released-phantasmic-friday?tu=benheck and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.