• Latest reply 6 years ago by benheck
  • Topic is favorited by 10 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

WIN_20160912_20_33_47_Pro (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider RandyV.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#22 7 years ago

Not sure if this is an issue or not so let me be the first to sound like a total noob --

I formatted my SD card, copied the new files to it as directed and when I booted up PinHeck auto-pdated the A/V V23. When the AV update completed the game rebooted and came up and said the code was at V22 and the AV was at V23. When I access the menu it also says V22.

Is that right or is this a reformat and do over situation?

Also, is a Quick Format (Windows) sufficient or do we need to do a true, full format?

#29 7 years ago
Quoted from dgarrett:

You are nearly there. The a/v is the main step in creating/installing on the SD card. A quick format is fine. seeing you now have AV version 23, means your Sd format and files creation was ok. Last steps - use the pinheck tool to update the code version to 23, which requires the cable to the port on the board. Follow the remaining steps on benheck.com/amh

Well dush for me. I read that on Ben's side -- I really did, but it didn't sink it last night. Off to update the firmware now! Thanks guys!

#37 7 years ago
Quoted from spandol:

Not sure if you solved the double ball problem but I had the same problem until I adjusted the coil settings for the kick out then all went back to normal.

For the record -- I had the same issue. The default ball serve coil setting is too strong and when the ball was served it was ejected with such force that it bounced off the right side of the shooter lane and landed on top of the auto launch paw. Since the ball was off the shooter lane switch it immediately served a second ball. Had to turn my down to 5 to get it to behave.

#44 7 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

Hey, why not tell me what you're using for all of them! In this format:
Flipper, Slings, Pops, Left Vuk, Right Scoop, Autolauncher, Load strength, Drain kick strength

Flippers - 9
Slings - 5
Pops - 9
Left VUK - 7
Right Scoop - 0
Autolauncher - 9
Ball Loader - 5
Drain Kick - 4

For the Sling power, on my game the slings seems to randomly change power during game play. I know that sounds strange but I don't have a way to formally measure it. There are times when the slings definitely kick the ball with a ton more force than my setting would indicate. Not sure if this is by design or if the game is forgetting my setting during the game.

The right scoop has to be zero, otherwise the ball just goes SDTM -- even when set to 1.

#45 7 years ago

Here's a weird attract mode bug Ben (nothing serious):

Start a game and then go in to the settings menu without launching the ball. Navigate to Change Coil Settings. I modified my Ball Loader coil setting, saved it, then exited the settings menu.

The game returned to attract mode and autolaunched the ball in the shooter lane to return it to the ball trough. After the game went through one round of the attract mode animations, the display went to the attached animation and just sits there until I start a new game. This bug was repeatable.

WIN_20160912_20_33_47_Pro (resized).jpgWIN_20160912_20_33_47_Pro (resized).jpg

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
5,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Atoka, TN
6,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Maple Ridge, BC
$ 210.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider RandyV.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/amh-v23-released-phantasmic-friday?tu=RandyV and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.