• Latest reply 6 years ago by benheck
  • Topic is favorited by 10 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

WIN_20160912_20_33_47_Pro (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpeg

There are 99 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
#1 7 years ago

It's the moment 150 people have been waiting for...

America's Most Haunted - one of the top 2 ghost-hunting pinball machines ever created - can now be updated to version 23!

For information and a full list of new features please visit: http://www.benheck.com/amh/

#2 7 years ago

Think there'll be 150 Heckstatic people out there, looks like a lot of good changes

#3 7 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

America's Most Haunted - one of the top 2 ghost-hunting pinball machines ever created - can now be updated to version 23!

Isnt it the best?

That's why I bought this one, and not the other one!

rd

#4 7 years ago

Oh happy Friday! Thanks Ben and Spooky, can't wait to rock it!

#5 7 years ago

I love this.. Ben says "update on friday". 1am on a friday? If it were stern, it would get posted to the site around noon, and then pulled down because they found last minute bugs #WWECODE

#6 7 years ago

I was going to actually work at work today.... Instead I am going to play pinball

#7 7 years ago

Thanks for all your hard work on this Ben.

#8 7 years ago

Thanks sooooooo much Ben.

I've not updated my AMH before. This will be a fun weekend activity.

Chris

#9 7 years ago

Read the instructions CAREFULLY.

Biggest thing: Do a FORMAT of the SD card, don't just erase the files that are on it.

Only copy the new files to a clean, freshly formatted SD card.

As a backup, buy a new SD card, keep your old one just in case.

Even with a brand new card, STILL re-format as specified.

Will make a "Rules & Update" video in about a week when I have more time.

#10 7 years ago

Awesome. Thanks Ben.

#11 7 years ago

Ben, is there a certain class sd card we should be getting? i might hit the store on the way home and grab an extra.

#12 7 years ago
Quoted from KingPinGames:

Ben, is there a certain class sd card we should be getting? i might hit the store on the way home and grab an extra

he recommends at least class 10, at least 4gb (sandisk is preferred). Most stores sell the crappy class 4

#13 7 years ago

This update adds polish. AMH feels really complete now. I like the new images and code. Just really great stuff now. An A game became an A plus game

#14 7 years ago

10k by Christmas! The game told me! lol

#15 7 years ago
Quoted from TomGWI:

10k by Christmas! The game told me! lol

Oh, Ben can we get AMH v. 24 with a special 10k by Xmas mode?

#16 7 years ago

Thanks for the update! Enjoying it so far but I'm having trouble with high score entry. I get one or two initials in and then it won't let me enter any more until it times out. Anyone happen to know what I might be doing wrong?

#17 7 years ago

I can't get the update to work. I'm running the pinheck tool, but with auto update, it says it failed downloading the update, but my connection is fine. If I try manually, it says system can't find the file. It might be because I'm running windows 7 on my Mac. Any suggestions? I don't have access to a PC.

Thanks

#18 7 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

It's the moment 150 people have been waiting for...

That's pretty funny!

As someone who is running whatever was released in March (and never done an update), how much pain am I going to have trying to update this game there Ben?

*EDIT* Ok, give a spare SD card an go from there... so always have my existing load to go back to...

Jaz

#19 7 years ago

Actually, I think I got it. I ran the program just fine, but I hadn't extracted all files first. After doing that it worked.

#20 7 years ago

Yeah that's the thing. You can't just copy the ZIP file to the SD, or copy from the ZIP file to the SD.

You need to extract the files to a folder on your computer, THEN copy the DMD, SFX and Version.TXT files to the freshly formatted SD.

I'd recommend doing the SD card thing first, and let the video system update itself.

Then, once that seems to be working, do the main code flash with the pinHeck program from my site.

#21 7 years ago

Ben, randomly getting double kick outs and / or ball save immediately, so 2 balls in play - this is like the early bug way back when - haven't pinned down exact situations, but happens about every three games .

#22 7 years ago

Not sure if this is an issue or not so let me be the first to sound like a total noob --

I formatted my SD card, copied the new files to it as directed and when I booted up PinHeck auto-pdated the A/V V23. When the AV update completed the game rebooted and came up and said the code was at V22 and the AV was at V23. When I access the menu it also says V22.

Is that right or is this a reformat and do over situation?

Also, is a Quick Format (Windows) sufficient or do we need to do a true, full format?

#23 7 years ago

You are nearly there. The a/v is the main step in creating/installing on the SD card. A quick format is fine. seeing you now have AV version 23, means your Sd format and files creation was ok. Last steps - use the pinheck tool to update the code version to 23, which requires the cable to the port on the board. Follow the remaining steps on benheck.com/amh

#24 7 years ago
Quoted from RandyV:

Not sure if this is an issue or not so let me be the first to sound like a total noob --
I formatted my SD card, copied the new files to it as directed and when I booted up PinHeck auto-pdated the A/V V23. When the AV update completed the game rebooted and came up and said the code was at V22 and the AV was at V23. When I access the menu it also says V22.
Is that right or is this a reformat and do over situation?
Also, is a Quick Format (Windows) sufficient or do we need to do a true, full format?

Did you update the firmware on the pinheck board in the backbox? You need to attach a mini usb cable from the computer to the board. Then download, and use the pin heck utility to update the firmware to v. 23. It's all on the update page along with formatting the card and copying the audio/video assets.

#25 7 years ago

Spandoi - beat you by 4 seconds

#26 7 years ago
Quoted from dgarrett:

Ben, randomly getting double kick outs and / or ball save immediately, so 2 balls in play - this is like the early bug way back when - haven't pinned down exact situations, but happens about every three games .

Me too. And I'm still having the issue where sometimes it won't accept high score initials after the first (tried both using both flippers and using start button to lock in an initial).

#27 7 years ago

Just a note - on previous code I had my ball loader coil strength set to 8. With this setting on v23, the loader was absolutely hammering the balls out of the trough. I turned it down to 3 and it seems much better. Not sure if this will be the same for every machine, but worth watching for.

#28 7 years ago
Quoted from boustrophedonic:

Me too. And I'm still having the issue where sometimes it won't accept high score initials after the first (tried both using both flippers and using start button to lock in an initial).

No problem here

image (resized).jpegimage (resized).jpeg

#29 7 years ago
Quoted from dgarrett:

You are nearly there. The a/v is the main step in creating/installing on the SD card. A quick format is fine. seeing you now have AV version 23, means your Sd format and files creation was ok. Last steps - use the pinheck tool to update the code version to 23, which requires the cable to the port on the board. Follow the remaining steps on benheck.com/amh

Well dush for me. I read that on Ben's side -- I really did, but it didn't sink it last night. Off to update the firmware now! Thanks guys!

#30 7 years ago

Yes if your game updates to a new version most settings go back to default. This is done to make sure any new added settings get properly stored in EEPROM.

High scores and audits remain.

Only two characters working on high score entry - have never seen that bug. WEIRD. Does the cursor make it to the third position, or is it stuck on two?

Can the second character be changed at all?

#31 7 years ago
Quoted from dgarrett:

Spandoi - beat you by 4 seconds

Haha, yes you did.

Not sure if you solved the double ball problem but I had the same problem until I adjusted the coil settings for the kick out then all went back to normal.

#32 7 years ago

I was on a great game today and got to Bumps in the Night, which was really cool. Then I actually continued on and got the Demon Battle for the first time. What an update! 355mil.

#33 7 years ago

I don't own the game but will just say - Bravo Ben and Spooky. Way to support your product with updates.

Color me very interested in future games from Spooky.

#34 7 years ago

The game have shaped up into one heck of a cool fun game and I wish more people could experience this unique quirky game but just not enough of them around ,

Thanks Ben for polishing amh off

#35 7 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

Only two characters working on high score entry - have never seen that bug. WEIRD. Does the cursor make it to the third position, or is it stuck on two?

Can the second character be changed at all?

Depends, sometimes it'll get stuck on two, sometimes on three. You can use L/R flipper to change the character, but it won't register it regardless of whether you hit both flipper buttons simultaneously or the start button. Occasionally I've been able to wait 20-30 seconds and have it advance when I hit the start button, but it's inconsistent.

I'll check the coil settings to see if it improves the double-ball issue.

#36 7 years ago

And now the servo that controls the target up/down seems to be fried. V23 has not been my friend so far...

#37 7 years ago
Quoted from spandol:

Not sure if you solved the double ball problem but I had the same problem until I adjusted the coil settings for the kick out then all went back to normal.

For the record -- I had the same issue. The default ball serve coil setting is too strong and when the ball was served it was ejected with such force that it bounced off the right side of the shooter lane and landed on top of the auto launch paw. Since the ball was off the shooter lane switch it immediately served a second ball. Had to turn my down to 5 to get it to behave.

#38 7 years ago

Servo replaced and it's working again. Ordered a few more from HobbyKing.

What I see is occasionally the ball kicks up and a split second later it says "ball saved" and kicks another one up. So you get two on the plunger and if you lose one, the flippers go dead. Tried 6 for the coil, will try 5 next.

#39 7 years ago

If everyone can give me a consensus (average) on what default "Ball Load" should be at I can change it in the HEX file.

I have also seen it where a "hard load" can get the ball stuck on the metal apron above the shooter rod!

#40 7 years ago

I put mine at 4. Works perfect.

#41 7 years ago
Quoted from spandol:

Haha, yes you did.

Set kickout coil to 4 (was defaulted back to 8),double ball or false ball save hasn't happened since.
Also had ball go under apron a few times before, seems to have solved that too.

#42 7 years ago

Hey, why not tell me what you're using for all of them! In this format:

Flipper, Slings, Pops, Left Vuk, Right Scoop, Autolauncher, Load strength, Drain kick strength

#43 7 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

Flipper, Slings, Pops, Left Vuk, Right Scoop, Autolauncher, Load strength, Drain kick strength

Flipper - 9
Slings - 9
Bumpers - 9
Left VUK - 8
Right Scoop - 0 (only setting I can get the ball to right flipper every time)
Auto launcher - 9
Ball Loader - 4
Drain Kick - 4

So most are default, but these settings work well for me.

#44 7 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

Flippers - 9
Slings - 5
Pops - 9
Left VUK - 7
Right Scoop - 0
Autolauncher - 9
Ball Loader - 5
Drain Kick - 4

For the Sling power, on my game the slings seems to randomly change power during game play. I know that sounds strange but I don't have a way to formally measure it. There are times when the slings definitely kick the ball with a ton more force than my setting would indicate. Not sure if this is by design or if the game is forgetting my setting during the game.

The right scoop has to be zero, otherwise the ball just goes SDTM -- even when set to 1.

#45 7 years ago

Here's a weird attract mode bug Ben (nothing serious):

Start a game and then go in to the settings menu without launching the ball. Navigate to Change Coil Settings. I modified my Ball Loader coil setting, saved it, then exited the settings menu.

The game returned to attract mode and autolaunched the ball in the shooter lane to return it to the ball trough. After the game went through one round of the attract mode animations, the display went to the attached animation and just sits there until I start a new game. This bug was repeatable.

WIN_20160912_20_33_47_Pro (resized).jpgWIN_20160912_20_33_47_Pro (resized).jpg

#46 7 years ago

I can't seem to get the Pinheck Tool to handshake with the board.

I'm not able to update automatically or manually.

I've successfully updated the A/V already but I can't seem to update the game code. I'm getting "No PinHeck system detected on any port. Please check USB connection.

I've tried other USB ports on my laptop. I've tried restarting laptop and pin. I've tried installing the Microsoft.NET framework, but got an error message saying same version or higher already installed.

I'm running Windows 7

#47 7 years ago

I have had trouble with Win7 and the board, as well. I use my wife's win8 laptop and it works just fine. It's also worth checking to make sure you are plugged into the correct port on the board as there are multiple. You want to plug into the one above the ghost image on the left side.

#48 7 years ago
Quoted from MapleSyrup:

Also try another USB cable if you have one. The first two I tried didn't work for me (maybe they were "charge only" cables or something), but #3 was the charm.

#49 7 years ago
Quoted from MapleSyrup:

I'm not able to update automatically or manually.
I've successfully updated the A/V already but I can't seem to update the game code. I'm getting "No PinHeck system detected on any port. Please check USB connection.
I've tried other USB ports on my laptop. I've tried restarting laptop and pin. I've tried installing the Microsoft.NET framework, but got an error message saying same version or higher already installed.
I'm running Windows 7

I had the same thing. You have to scroll down Bens instruction page further and install the FTDI USB driver in your "device Manager" window. It was a fiddle for me as I had to switch over to "administrator" mode on my laptop, but worked in the end.

#50 7 years ago

Our settings are similar, except for the right scoop.

For those using a right scoop setting of 0, what happens when 2 balls wind up in the scoop during multi-ball?

-Jay

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
4,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Denver, CO
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints
Tools
6,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Maple Ridge, BC
$ 210.00
There are 99 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/amh-v23-released-phantasmic-friday and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.