• Topic is favorited by 7 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

amh22.jpg
v20 4player.JPG
download (1).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider dgarrett.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#30 8 years ago

Ben -
What's next if windows won't recognize the pinheck board? Wants a device driver?

#31 8 years ago

I finally got windows to find the pinheck board, w/o needing a device manager driver update.
Took deleting the device 3 times, as windows identified it wrongly as "other". Try #4, windows finally recognized the board correctly as a serial port device type and assigned port=com7. The rest of the install went fine per the instructions on the BH/AMH webpage.

1 week later
#45 8 years ago
Quoted from Betelgeuse:

I remember someone else mentioning a problem with the ball logic related the hospital mode, but I still can't figure out exactly what is being said. I haven't noticed any issues and I'm confused about how you fail the hospital mode aside from draining your ball.

Yeah, that was me mentioning it. The fail, lock again, but fail the second time, would put immediate ball save on at the shooter lane switch and put 2 balls in play. First ball to drain, drained both balls. Did it 4 times with the glass off - it was a bug in v19.

Fixed in v20.

3 months later
#114 8 years ago
Quoted from gottafixit:

Sorry to post in multi threads but want to hopefully get this out there before it's to late.
I am the proud second owner of #10. Picked it up at replay and in transport had the 3 bank servo half go. It would only go down. So since we were at replay and I brought it up to the hotel room we played on with the servo disabled. We quickly came to realize that this servo not functioning greatly impacts game play. With it disabled down you couldn't start minion battles or get to fight the war fort boss, or distract the doctor ghost. As there was no way to register 3 bank hits many modes became unplayable. With it disabled up you could start many of those mode but then couldn't finish them as there was no way to register ghost loop opto hits. We tried it disabled both up and down to see if one was better and I think up was. However I think that it could be possible to code secondary switches as fail safes for this case. Should it be disabled down then the ghost loop opto could register as 3 bank hits when appropriate. If it was disabled up the three bank could register as ghost loop opto hits when appropriate. If this was on route or even in the home and you don't have a spare servo it greatly impacts the game play till you can replace the servo.
I will also suggest that a ball save be added for the left VUK scoop much like the right scoop, and the video mode. If the ball fails to make it on the the habit rail and doesn't land back in the VUK scoop to try again then it goes SDTM. Majorly frustrating when you have a good game going.
Other than that love the game.

I disagree with adding code for 3 bank failure. Too much going on, either up or down, to try and make it playable, angles and speeds would be all wrong, etc. You just have to replace the servo. A chase ball for stuck balls not found in search mode is a good idea, but trying to compensate for a major malfunction seems a waste of coder time. I can't think of other pinball where logic tries to compensate to such a degree as a major Mech failure,

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

6,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Maple Ridge, BC
$ 3.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider dgarrett.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/amh-v20-rise-from-your-gwave?tu=dgarrett and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.