Topic Stats

• 43 posts
  • 24 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by JeffF
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

One image has been uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

slings.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider vilant.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#4 4 years ago

Just a little tip to promote positive over a negative vibe. It is said to put your pro's first in a resume or when in a job interview, then your con's. People instinctively remember the things they are told or shown first (the first impression sticks). Appreciate the write up though, nicely done. I'm super stoked to get mine, and can't wait. Only a few more months. Someone will have to start a thread on modding the audio/call outs (like what files contain what).

#15 4 years ago
Quoted from Taxman:

Absolutely not. In management classes they teach you when reviewing an employee you tell them where they need to improve but leave on a positive note on their accomplishments.

I watched a show (think it was Brain Games) where they brought in a couple of professional job recruiters/interviewers and interviewed candidates (hired actors). After interviewing them they had to pick who they would hire. They selected the same person who started with the pro's. The thing was, (and I didn't notice either) all had the same pro's and con's. What changed was the order in which they told them. Studies can bring different results. I guess maybe it's more about presentation then beginning or ending with a positive. Either way, it was just my opinion on what I saw and took as fact, nothing more. Should of just kept my mouth shut

I enjoy your threads Betel, very detailed and well presented on the good and bad. How many audio files have you changed? Do you know the location and names of the ones you changed? It would be cool to document. I plan to, once I get mine to make it easier for fellow owners to change specific files.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Machine - For Sale
Scottsdale, AZ

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider vilant.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside