You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

amh-before_after.jpg
20141030_192516.jpg
AMH_rules-Betelgeuse.jpg
image-6.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider SpookyCharlie.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#105 9 years ago

Thanks guys! Yes, the 3D parts keep the injection molding out of the equation... injection molding would put us out of business before we even started. As Ben stated, our 3D files are basically available forever. No breakage issues what so ever to date.

GI should have been better, no doubts, but I don't think it's horrible. It's not Stern bright, but the AMH we've had on location all of 2014 sits in a dark bar and we've never had a problem seeing the ball. Regardless, we'll get it where it should be and make it better.

The amp... picked by Michael from Flipper Fidelity to go with his speaker system, and out of the box has made a whole lot of people think our game has a shaker motor in it! Want to upgrade? You can always change it out to your preferred model.

I talked Ben out of surface mount LED's so buyers could customize their lighting. The voltage going through the PinHeck (again... this is our first go-round) is a little low for GI (drops a tick from where it enters / exits the board). So, the solution is to grab the GI power straight from the 5v power supply on existing games. Ben's board handles GI differently than any other board has... AND I LOVE IT! 16 controllable GI chains? Crazy, and cool! Lots of options for future use.

I don't pretend we're perfect. Just glad we're here, and we'll always listen and improve what we can.

#108 9 years ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

PF and translite look great but the solid brown plastics stand out

Which solid brown plastics are you referring to? The sides of the Hellevator? We could absolutely dry brush those for a little more detail. We do "dust" the powdercoated metal ramps, or they just look clean... and wrong. So yeah, I kinda get what you're saying. Wouldn't be a bad idea at all, or something the home owner could easily do to their own taste.

I love the custom & mod stuff... when I see what coasterguy or Ken F. did to their AMH's, it makes me smile a whole bunch.

And I agree on the "speed up" being a good thing. We'll see if Ben has the time to add that in eventually. Right now the dude just needs a break.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
6,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Maple Ridge, BC
Playfield - Plastics
The Pinball Scientist

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

5,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Atoka, TN

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider SpookyCharlie.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/amh-has-arrived-and-it-is-awesome-in-depth-review?tu=SpookyCharlie and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.