• 28 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by Betelgeuse
  • Topic is favorited by 5 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

imagejpeg_2.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider betelgeuse.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#6 9 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

3) Try and store *some* progress of the Boss Battles if you fail, and then restart the mode.

While I did mention the boss battles, the key thing I was thinking was the Minion being reset so often. If you are one hit away from beating a minion and you start a mode or drain your ball, the shield goes back up and you start all over again. Having progress continue like the saucers in AFM was just a suggestion, but only if other people agree with it.

#11 9 years ago

The 'elevator control box' shot is definitely different for me each time. The ball search also activates the pop bumpers. I haven't had the ball trough issues at bootup either. I used to get balls stuck behind the ghost standups sometimes, but that was on the older code. I have had a ball get stuck behind the spooky door once.

#15 9 years ago

I have been experiencing some issues with phantom tilt warnings. It seems to happen randomly, even when I have the tilt bob disconnected. Is anyone else experiencing this still?

#20 9 years ago
Quoted from markmon:

yes. But it's unclear if it's a tilt warning or if the tilt warning sound track plays when another sound should. Anyone set the tilt earnings to 0 and get an actual phantom tilt?

Well, on the old code, the sound for a tilt warning was the same as the sound for a combo shot. That was updated on the latest code (v15). I am getting the display for a tilt warning when it happens, too. I had to up my tilt warnings to keep players from getting unjust tilts on longer games.

#22 9 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

tilt. I could add "sensitivity" along with "warnings". Have you tried adjusting the tilt bob to its most liberal levels?

I have gone as far as to remove the tilt bob and still have these symptoms. I'm not sure if it's a hardware or software issue at this point. It seems to be completely random.

4 weeks later
#44 9 years ago

Thanks putting our suggestions in place, Ben! I can't wait to try this out.

1 week later
#45 9 years ago

Code update v16 is up! There's a new update tool and the instructions are on Ben's site.

www.benheck.com/Downloads/amh/pinheck_tool.zip

The phantom tilt warning issue seems to be cleared up. Loving being able to bypass the animations. Nicely done, Ben!

#47 9 years ago

I have had a few requests for a new video. I had been waiting for the new code and also the lighting kit, but I may just get one in before the lighting kit.

#49 9 years ago

I tried shooting some new video last night, but when I finally managed to record a good game, the video was a little out of focus when I checked it out. I'll see if I can get a better one tomorrow. I just wanted to let you know it's in the works!

1 month later
#58 9 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

1) Spelling PSYCHIC starts Double Scoring. Hitting PSYCHIC during this adds a few more seconds. How long should it last? (10-20 seconds?) How many seconds added for hitting PSYCHIC target during double scoring?

20 seconds seems to be the norm for double scoring, but maybe less if you are talking about adding seconds just by hitting the target again. Maybe just a few extra seconds for hitting the target?

Quoted from benheck:

3) Still not sure what to do for WIKI. It needs to be an award that works ANYTIME, no matter what else is going on.

What about a short frenzy round? 250k per switch hit during the frenzy. Otherwise, maybe have it light some kind of hurry up shot that loses value as time runs out?

Quoted from benheck:

I am also addressing rollover lane sounds and a few other things as suggested.

One thing I noticed was that the elevator call standup doesn't make a sound when you're in a mode that doesn't stack with the hell mb. It would be nice to have it make some kind of reject sound.

Some people have suggested having the ball save activate when an outlane switch is hit. Instead of having to wait for the ball to land in the trough, a new ball would kick out as the ball in play hits the outlane.

#69 9 years ago

I've said it before, but you can always just go and delete the quotes you find offensive in the SD card. This would only take a few minutes to do and your problem would be solved. I am not sure how Ben adding in a family mode is really needed with how easy it is to edit the audio in this game.

2 weeks later
#75 9 years ago

Mine seems pretty random between bar/war fort on ball one. The biggest issues I keep having relate to the ghost shield. During minion battles and ghost boss battles, sometimes it will give a 'dirty pool' quote and raise the shield for no reason. Once that happens, the shield doesn't register hits for the rest of the ball. Playing with multiple players seems to make this happen more often.

#80 9 years ago
Quoted from maddog14:

So far I have noticed that the high scores are not saved from turning machine on and off in version 17 (Which I hate by the way). Is this a new feature that is switchable in the menu or a new bug?

Something may be up with your machine. All of my high scores are still saved since the last update. Though, I know someone mentioned a bug where I think the #3 high score could get replaced and dropped? I haven't confirmed, but there does seem to be some minor bug with how the high scores are tracked.

#84 9 years ago

Just some other ideas I've had...

Video Mode: Make this harder to start and/or harder to sustain. Maybe start the scrolling speed of the video mode much higher to increase the difficulty and shorten the duration.

The Ball Save Quotes: Make these callouts low priority so they aren't always cutting off other dialogue in the game.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

6,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Maple Ridge, BC
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider betelgeuse.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/amh-code-updates?tu=betelgeuse and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.