• 28 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by Betelgeuse
  • Topic is favorited by 5 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

imagejpeg_2.jpg
There are 84 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
#1 9 years ago

Please use this topic to list any bugs you have found with your AMH, or to discuss CODE features you'd like added/tweaked.

My plan is to use this forum to assemble a comprehensive list, then spend a weekend at Spooky getting everything implemented, probably in early December. This would allow us to make a "Christmas Package" of final code. (We will likely do this again in a year when everyone has their games and we have even more data and suggestions)

Known issues are:

1) Tap flipper to cancel out mode start animations and just give damn ball back!
2) Improve right VUK adjustment as much as possible in code
3) Try and store *some* progress of the Boss Battles if you fail, and then restart the mode.

#2 9 years ago

Awesome. I really want one of these

#3 9 years ago

Disagree with number 3 above. You already get a restart. The game does not need to be easier. I came close to beating it my first day.

Code bugs:
1) Extra ball earned on ball 3. Ball 3 drains and game over. Extra ball not given.

2) Ball trapped behind ghost gate during mb. Mb ended this way and game ran one ball search but it wasn't long enough to free the ball. Ball immediate was considered drained

3) we need grace periods on things like other games. Maybe 3 seconds after ball saver stops flashing for example. Same should apply for ending of modes.

4) balls in play should be counted and the criteria for considering a ball drained. I had the game in a weird state where I had two balls in play but not in mb. When one drained, the flippers were killed and second drained as well. Game should have known there were two balls missing from trough and allowed play to continue like other games do.

5) ball search needs to fire the pops aswell. Balls often trapped behind this area in fast shots through the door. Vibration here could loosen it.

6) Ball counts on power up are buggy. I've had it power up with 2 balls missing only to power cycle again and they're a there. If you power up with more than one ball in the subway it fires out one but often not the other and you have to power cycle again or manually fire the coil in the diags menu.

The game I have here is borrowed. But when I get mine I an to investigate these bugs myself. I love open source aspect to the software.

#4 9 years ago

TO those providing 'bugs" I would suggest also making a comment of WHEN/WHERE you played the game to help give perspective to these bugs. I know Ben has made many adjustments so it is important to know when/what game you were playing as some things may have already been fixed???

#5 9 years ago

The high scores seems to have a bug mine erases some
What I think is happening is if you get high score #2 the existing score Is replaced rather than bumped to #3.
Adding a grand champion score would be cool rather than #1 not necessary but cool none the less.

If I change a setting during a game the game resets which is great but the game gets confused because there is a ball in the shooter lane and starts playing with two balls. If you drain one ends the ball.

Side note I received AMH and Twd in the same week and it's so refreshing seeing a game with 90% completed code versus a new game with 10% code.

#6 9 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

3) Try and store *some* progress of the Boss Battles if you fail, and then restart the mode.

While I did mention the boss battles, the key thing I was thinking was the Minion being reset so often. If you are one hit away from beating a minion and you start a mode or drain your ball, the shield goes back up and you start all over again. Having progress continue like the saucers in AFM was just a suggestion, but only if other people agree with it.

#7 9 years ago

Ok another issue is the mode where you enter the basement, the elevator control box shot is always the same shot - the shot to the right of the ghost.

#8 9 years ago
Quoted from markmon:

Ok another issue is the mode where you enter the basement, the elevator control box shot is always the same shot - the shot to the right of the ghost.

I've seen it other places

#9 9 years ago

Are you guys all running the latest version of code? Markmon?
Is it v15?

#10 9 years ago
Quoted from Skulz:

Are you guys all running the latest version of code? Markmon?
Is it v15?

This game was shipped and arrived to us after expo about a week. It's half my game and not with me so can't say what version but that's how New it is

#11 9 years ago

The 'elevator control box' shot is definitely different for me each time. The ball search also activates the pop bumpers. I haven't had the ball trough issues at bootup either. I used to get balls stuck behind the ghost standups sometimes, but that was on the older code. I have had a ball get stuck behind the spooky door once.

#12 9 years ago

So, I was having the game of my life last night. I was like on 2nd ball. Had Bar & hospital ghost defeated. Just got hellavator multi ball. During multi ball the current ended while I still had balls in play. When all of the balls drained on multiball, the balls would not get kicked over from the drain. I then had to manually move balls over. After that the ball count was wonky. It would kick out two balls for the rest of the game. On theater ghost, the lighted shots would not show, nor would any shot register.
I was on 5 ball with ball save timer maxed.

It was late and I had a couple of chivas's in me so that s the best I can remember.

Still got like 131 million though

#13 9 years ago
Quoted from maddog14:

So, I was having the game of my life last night. I was like on 2nd ball. Had Bar & hospital ghost defeated. Just got hellavator multi ball. During multi ball the current ended while I still had balls in play. When all of the balls drained on multiball, the balls would not get kicked over from the drain. I then had to manually move balls over. After that the ball count was wonky. It would kick out two balls for the rest of the game. On theater ghost, the lighted shots would not show, nor would any shot register.
I was on 5 ball with ball save timer maxed.
It was late and I had a couple of chivas's in me so that s the best I can remember.
Still got like 131 million though

Any chance you keep the keys in the coin-door?
This happen to me though not that epic a game but it was due to the coin door opening

#14 9 years ago

Weird. When I put in my name in the high score - BIL - a sound clip "Video modes sux" is heard. But only when I put in my high score name.

I love that you are embracing your customers, planning and announcing a Xmas package. Bravo!!

#15 9 years ago

I have been experiencing some issues with phantom tilt warnings. It seems to happen randomly, even when I have the tilt bob disconnected. Is anyone else experiencing this still?

#16 9 years ago
Quoted from Betelgeuse:

I have been experiencing some issues with phantom tilt warnings. It seems to happen randomly, even when I have the tilt bob disconnected. Is anyone else experiencing this still?

Yes, I have experienced these too. Big problem if you have game set on zero tilt warnings.

#17 9 years ago

Dear Mr. Heckenhoffer, please let me know when you think you might make it to Chuckle's shop. I haven't made Chuck buy me a beer in quite a while and I'm getting thirsty. Besides, Brian and Jesse are itching for a roadtrip.

Quoted from benheck:

My plan is to use this forum to assemble a comprehensive list, then spend a weekend at Spooky getting everything implemented, probably in early December. /blockquote>

#18 9 years ago
Quoted from Betelgeuse:

yes. But it's unclear if it's a tilt warning or if the tilt warning sound track plays when another sound should. Anyone set the tilt earnings to 0 and get an actual phantom tilt?

#19 9 years ago
Quoted from maddog14:

Yes, I have experienced these too. Big problem if you have game set on zero tilt warnings.

Quoted from markmon:

yes. But it's unclear if it's a tilt warning or if the tilt warning sound track plays when another sound should. Anyone set the tilt earnings to 0 and get an actual phantom tilt?

#20 9 years ago
Quoted from markmon:

Well, on the old code, the sound for a tilt warning was the same as the sound for a combo shot. That was updated on the latest code (v15). I am getting the display for a tilt warning when it happens, too. I had to up my tilt warnings to keep players from getting unjust tilts on longer games.

#21 9 years ago
Quoted from Bryan_Kelly:

Dear Mr. Heckenhoffer, please let me know when you think you might make it to Chuckle's shop. I haven't made Chuck buy me a beer in quite a while and I'm getting thirsty. Besides, Brian and Jesse are itching for a roadtrip.

Thinking the weekend of December 13th. How's my old Theater holding up?

RE: tilt. I could add "sensitivity" along with "warnings". Have you tried adjusting the tilt bob to its most liberal levels?

#22 9 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

tilt. I could add "sensitivity" along with "warnings". Have you tried adjusting the tilt bob to its most liberal levels?

I have gone as far as to remove the tilt bob and still have these symptoms. I'm not sure if it's a hardware or software issue at this point. It seems to be completely random.

#23 9 years ago

Son in law tells me he's having trouble with the magnet in the trunk. I haven't had time to check it out yet. I'll check with the boys and see if that weekend works.

Quoted from benheck:

Thinking the weekend of December 13th. How's my old Theater holding up??

#24 9 years ago
Quoted from Bryan_Kelly:

Son in law tells me he's having trouble with the magnet in the trunk. I haven't had time to check it out yet. I'll check with the boys and see if that weekend works.

You bring the beef jerky, I'll buy the Cow!

Never had any trouble with the magnet but trunk was sometimes iffy. Needs one of those awesome aluminum opto discs.

#25 9 years ago

Just thought of this one since I've been learning to play Road Show. The daily high scores are kinda cool, and for operators and locations it makes people want to play it more so that if the GC and 'real' high scores are too high to achieve, people can still get their initials up each day.

Maybe a weekly or monthly instead of daily? I'm not sure but I always love to put up initials and it's always nice to have more than just the top "x" scores. The new Sterns have the mode high scores too which is kinda nice. I haven't played enough AMHs yet to put up any high scores so just a thought.

#26 9 years ago

Yes I get phantom tilt warnings after v15 update. Uncommon and not sure why it happens either.

#27 9 years ago
Quoted from Skulz:

Yes I get phantom tilt warnings after v15 update. Uncommon and not sure why it happens either.

These seem to happen most often when shooting the shot directly to the right of the ghost that leads to the pops, for me.

#28 9 years ago

There are no bugs, only undocumented features. And thank you Ben for making a great machine and putting new tech into Pinball.

#29 9 years ago
Quoted from markmon:

These seem to happen most often when shooting the shot directly to the right of the ghost that leads to the pops, for me.

Yes often involves something with that shot or the pops.

#30 9 years ago

Got a new one this evening. On hospital ghost, I drained the ball just as the ball save went out. The ball kicked over in the trough, but did not shoot a replacement out but did not register as a ball drained.
The current turn did not end. The locked ball was still behind the door in the Left VUK.

Game went into ball search to try to find the ball.

I ended up just tilting it out.

#31 9 years ago

Also missed getting extra ball on ball1and 2 just ga e me some silly bonus point deal. Lots of phantom tilting too.

#32 9 years ago
Quoted from jrivelli:

Also missed getting extra ball on ball1and 2 just ga e me some silly bonus point deal. Lots of phantom tilting too.

Check that Extra Ball isn't set to Award Points instead. Make sure Tournament Mode is off.

I'll compile a list from this topic before Programming Weekend on the 13th.

1 week later
#33 9 years ago

Had an interesting one happen today (playing on location at Pinball Wizard Arcade in Pelham, NH so I have no idea what version of the software was running).

It was actually 2 separate problems both involving minion mode around ghost boss battles. I wish I could remember every little detail of what happened as it happened but I'll just have to do my best to try and remember.

The first incident involved the Civil War ghost, the opening animation started up for it, the targets went up (I believe I had just started off minion mode by a random bounce but I'm not sure as it wasn't an intended shot, so it's possible a minion mode had just started a second earlier but I'm not sure), but anyway, the targets went up and instead of taking out the Civil War general's 3 soldiers, hitting the targets gave me the tones that it does when shooting the targets outside of a ghost boss to begin minion mode, and then a minion mode did start up, cancelling out the currently active Civil War ghost.

The 2nd incident I'm a bit more fuzzy on. I was in a 2 ball multiball after one of the ghost battles, I can't for the life of me remember which ghost battle it was (I know it wasn't the Prison ghost, it's possble it was the Hospital ghost but I'm not sure), but I was at the point where you're shooting the ghost for jackpots and the mode ended while I still had both balls in play. I then immediately scored 3 hits on the targets to start minion mode and lost one of my 2 balls in play. Play continued but it caused the minion mode to end, and the targets would no longer register any hits, the lights in front of them were all off and the lights in the ghost stayed off as well. It was ball 3 and the game didn't last much longer so I don't know if it would have eventually corrected itself or not. Starting another game afterward, everything was functioning fine again.

I wish I had a few more details on these incidents but it was hard to keep track of everything going on in the heat of a game and since it was on location I didn't exactly have the opportunity to try to repeat the bug.

#34 9 years ago

The Pinball Wizard machine appears to have an intermittent trough problem. I played a ton of games on it yesterday, and it gave me an extra ball in multiball once and killed the current ball (flippers dead/bonus count) when I drained down to one ball two times. That was relatively early in my run of games, and it played perfectly after that for quite a while.

1 week later
#35 9 years ago

Going to Chuck's this weekend to fix issues. Last call for bugs!

#36 9 years ago

Don't know if it's too late or you're still working on it.

Was playing tonight and I was in the Hotel Ghost mode. I completed the correct elevator control shot and started the 2-ball multiball. A bad shot right away drained both balls at the same time (dropped into the trough within a second or less of eachother). The ball saver was still lit when both of them hit the trough. The game sent a single ball to the plunger but simultaneously ended the current ball (which also happened to be the final ball). The autolauncher did not send the ball up. I launched it away manually but the game had already ended itself and killed the flippers.

If this hadn't been ball 3, I wonder if it would have put an extra ball in play on the next ball, which would have really messed things up.

#37 9 years ago

Spent the weekend sleeping on Chuck's downstairs couch (not a fancy hotel) doing code updates for America's Most Haunted:

You can now tap either flipper to skip ahead in Ghost Boss dialog to get your ball back quickly.

Added code to prevent pop bumpers / slings from “machine gunning” when switch held down.

Ball Save Timer gives you 2 extra seconds after SPOOK AGAIN turns off (longer grace period)

Reduced and simplified Tilt Code to reduce false warnings

Number of Hits scored on Minion are stored if you start another mode before defeated minion, allowing you to “continue” the battle when you re-enable Minion.

Ball search can now find ball behind door during Doctor mode and compensate after releasing it.

Chuck will continue testing this latest code to make sure it's good to go. We will release latest code Version 16 in time for Christmas, along with a new standalone program for PC that automatically detects your game and pulls latest code from web.

#38 9 years ago

Sounds like a great change list.

#39 9 years ago

Money
Thanks Ben!

#40 9 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

a new standalone program for PC that automatically detects your game and pulls latest code from web

Sorcery!

#41 9 years ago

Ya ever wonder how much ass juice is on that couch? I know mine is.

Quoted from benheck:

Spent the weekend sleeping on Chuck's downstairs couch (not a fancy hotel) doing code updates for America's Most Haunted:

#42 9 years ago
Quoted from Bryan_Kelly:

Ya ever wonder how much ass juice is on that couch? I know mine is.

Some things are best not wondered about.

#43 9 years ago

Gross!

#44 9 years ago

Thanks putting our suggestions in place, Ben! I can't wait to try this out.

1 week later
#45 9 years ago

Code update v16 is up! There's a new update tool and the instructions are on Ben's site.

www.benheck.com/Downloads/amh/pinheck_tool.zip

The phantom tilt warning issue seems to be cleared up. Loving being able to bypass the animations. Nicely done, Ben!

#46 9 years ago

Any new or recent game play videos?

#47 9 years ago

I have had a few requests for a new video. I had been waiting for the new code and also the lighting kit, but I may just get one in before the lighting kit.

#48 9 years ago

Do the video please!!!!! Longer the better!

#49 9 years ago

I tried shooting some new video last night, but when I finally managed to record a good game, the video was a little out of focus when I checked it out. I'll see if I can get a better one tomorrow. I just wanted to let you know it's in the works!

#50 9 years ago
Quoted from Betelgeuse:

I tried shooting some new video last night, but when I finally managed to record a good game, the video was a little out of focus when I checked it out. I'll see if I can get a better one tomorrow. I just wanted to let you know it's in the works!

That's great to hear.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 210.00
6,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Maple Ridge, BC
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

There are 84 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/amh-code-updates and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.