28801E32-E2D7-4DC1-AAFD-3DCDC27A3506 (resized).jpeg
354934431_6328733057162997_6611170001532921297_n (resized).jpg
IMG_1376 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1377 (resized).jpeg
20230408_185615 (resized).jpg
20230408_192409 (resized).jpg
8A18DFE7-8CD9-4C66-B364-2F977840CBE2 (resized).jpeg
E5C304EC-9BC3-48C6-AC69-732299B19D7F (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider toyotaboy.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#17 9 years ago

ordered end of January, supposed to be built May/June timeframe. I'm hoping with the extra person he hired chuck can increase production from 2.5/week to at least 3, and I can possibly get it sooner than later. Feels good to be part of a small club

#19 9 years ago
Quoted from patrickvc:

I like the idea of telling what # you have. It's cool to see where everyone falls in the list

everyone should register their game:
http://www.ipsnd.net/View.aspx?id=6161

1 week later
#73 9 years ago

before TPF they were at about 2.5 per week. With the extra guy they hired just to do cabinets, they should be up to about 3/week.

Quoted from scasey:

I ordered in late November or early December and was told I am #6 away from being done. They estimate mid May for mine.

Well crap, if I ordered late January, I'm probably lucky if I get mine in late June.

#79 9 years ago
Quoted from boo32:

Is the second game going to have a limited run?

1 week later
#102 8 years ago
Quoted from kbliznick:

They just posted a picture of #45 and #46 and a third (can't see number) on on a truck ready to be shipped.

#45 was finished on 4/15/15
https://www.facebook.com/SpookyPinball/photos/a.206562386071663.51865.196751743719394/888533394541222/?type=1&theater

#22 was finished on 12/16/14
https://www.facebook.com/coast2coastpinball/photos/pcb.845256935537989/845256882204661/?type=1

They have slowed down production quite a bit this year as this is only 1.4 per week (if you take off a week for the holidays.) I thought they were at around 2 per week and expecting to ramp up to 3.

At this rate I won't receive mine (approx #75) until August (ordered in mid December) and #150 won't be done until around August 2016.

spooky said on latest podcast done by January 1st.
They are at about 3 units per week, so..

#44 4/15
#47 4/22
#50 4/29
#53 5/06
#56 5/13
#59 5/20
#62 5/27
#65 6/03
#67 6/10
#70 6/17
#73 6/24
#76 7/01
#79 7/08
#82 7/15
#85 7/22
#88 7/29
#91 8/05
#94 8/12
#97 8/19
#100 8/26
#103 9/02
#106 9/09
#109 9/16
#112 9/23
#115 9/30
#118 10/07
#121 10/14
#124 10/21
#127 10/28
#130 11/04
#133 11/11
#136 11/18
#139 11/25
#142 12/02
#145 12/09
#147 12/16
#150 12/23

There might be some fudge factor for days off, going to pinball shows, etc., but that list seems to line up with finishing by the end of the year.

#107 8 years ago
Quoted from kbliznick:

except that they are not at 3 per week. It's been half that

they had less people working before. they've added at least one more full time assembler since then if not 2, and with KT working full time for the company that's more time for Charlie to focus on building. There was also the whole "predator" side project, and probably some time invested in scoregasm.

2 weeks later
#157 8 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

Sounds like around $60.

Sounds about right to upgrade, totally doing this and the plastic protectors. Funny, Stern would charge it's customers $500 for LED's and a tilted display bezel.

1 week later
4 weeks later
#246 8 years ago
Quoted from robertmee:

emailed Kayte yesterday and she said they had been waiting for boards from Texas...Don't know why the shortage of boards, but in any case a batch of machines should start shipping this coming week

I got the same response.. basically 14 machines done waiting for boards (and mine is in that group). Parker (longhorn engineer) supplies them, not sure why the delay either, perhaps he's stuffing them by hand?

#249 8 years ago
Quoted from SpookyCharlie:

Thanks for the patience everyone! We know we aren't perfect, but we're doing all we can

I wasn't complaining.. According to the estimated schedule I posted, looks like you're still on schedule. I'm hoping I get an email late next week, very excited I'm so close to getting mine.

2 weeks later
#274 8 years ago
Quoted from WaddleJrJr:

if I sold mine I'd probably never get another one

exactly.. they are only making 150, that's more rare than a big bang bar. Even if one did pop up, the likeliness of it being in reasonable distance is slim (unless you don't mind shipping)

#280 8 years ago

I'm #84, which should have been done basically this week according to building 3 per week, wrapping up by December:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/amh-club-a-spooky-start/page/3#post-2419682

If you're #66 then I may not see my game for another 6 weeks

1 week later
#346 8 years ago

Since JPOP has a wiki page now, I figured it was only fair Chuck had his own (still rough and needs things added, but it's been accepted by wikipedia)
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chuck_Emery

#356 8 years ago
Quoted from RichieWrench:

I am looking for one to buy -- But it has to be NIB or a good deal for one that has mods and or mint condition

define "good deal"

#384 8 years ago

Charlie: dont' shy away from servos on future projects just because they might not last as long as a coil (sleeves are cheap and easy to replace). servos are much quieter, and not everything needs the kick of a solenoid (and I like the adjustable position that servos offer).

#388 8 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

Bible Adventures is going to be BRIMMING with servos!

I think you mean servants.. or do you mean the servants will be controlled with servos?

Bible adventures brought biblical bouncing balls to pop bumpers in benton (say that 3 times fast)

#401 8 years ago

If that 4th ball is bumping into the 2nd position trough switch for any reason (sticky switch, game not quite level, etc) it will confuse the game.

Where's Heck? I'm only saying this one time.... "It's not in the code!"

You know what's going to happen right? Ben will declare "bah! switches in pinball are too inconsistent. I'm replacing them with an optical camera that detects how many balls are in the trough. I just need to make the trough green so it can detect the difference!"

#410 8 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

will go down to Chuck's and use his machines since I don't have one

I thought you kept the kluged machine put together with 'less than good quality" leftover parts? Do you not keep pins because you don't have the room, or you really don't want to look at it any more than you have to.. because code

#429 8 years ago
Quoted from The_1up:

Please add code so the game can play with less than 4 balls. If a ball gets stuck, the game is dead in the water and will not start another game. If the game is meant to be on route, it has to know how to play with 3 balls or even 2 or 1

Seems like a lot of manufactured pins from the past won't start a game unless all the balls are in the trough. Not sure if this ever went away? Or have I just never owned anything modern enough (my newest game is a SEGA).

Not to say this couldn't be improved, but I would be curious how much of the coding would have to grow to accommodate (if it can't eject enough balls for a certain mode, is it really that easy to add a few lines of code?) Something that goes like this:
"if balls >4, but <2 then do not start modes Q, R, and S... If balls >3, but <1, then do not start modes M, N, P, Q, R, S...."

I'm only guessing here because I've not programmed a pinball machine yet.

1 week later
#474 8 years ago
Quoted from SpookyKT:

This is KT from Spooky Pinball. Be honored this is my first post EVER on Pinside

Welcome! Love the avatar

#500 8 years ago

Picked up #84 last night. They started to load it up, found a scratch on the cabinet, so charlie went out of his way to get a backup pin re-tested. Stopped at Lawrence's pub, not a good idea on a friday night. It's fish fry, so it's packed, and the waitresses are usually tending bar so service is REALLY slow. Burgers were decent though, and the beer is cheap. AMH #1 is still there in nice condition. 2 credits were in the machine, and not a single person played it while we were there (perhaps all the locals got their fill), still 25 cent play.

20150821_185852.jpg20150821_185852.jpg
20150821_200709.jpg20150821_200709.jpg

#504 8 years ago

I don't think this has been talked about (if you don't own it, or haven't bothered to go through the troubleshoot menus you wouldn't know), but I found the switch matrix menu interesting. You can turn on voice announced switch edge test so as you hit switches, you'll hear Ben announce "SWITCH NUMBER FOURTY NINE". Once again, not critical but sort of nice if you're under the playfield or don't want to have to stare at the screen.

#507 8 years ago

I get the occasional double ball eject from the trough, but it knows both boths are in play (so if I drain one, the ball doesn't end).

One request I'd like to make: Since the ball seems to jump in the air sometimes (and I've gotten the ball stuck in every nook and cranny you can think of), when I put the ball back in the shooter lane, I have like 10 seconds to rush and get the glass and lockdown bar back on before it auto-launches. Can that be increased to say 20-30 seconds?

#525 8 years ago

I don't suppose there's any way to lower the coil strengths even more? the slings and right scoop are still pretty strong even on zero.

#540 8 years ago
Quoted from locustgrovepin:

It's comforting to know you're not on your own after buying from Spooky Pinball. Charlie took time out of his Sunday to email back and forth with me about an issue I was having

Weird isn't it? Imagine Gary Stern replying to anyone? He's a small company, but that's not such a bad thing.

#557 8 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

Aside from ball search functions, are there any other bugs to report?

I'm still getting the occasional double or triple ball eject, but I don't know if that's software or mechanical.
I agree the pop bumpers need to pulse a few times quickly in a row during ball search, not a single hit.
When you close the coindoor, can you re-enable coils a few seconds after instead of instantly? It's not a huge deal, but by the time you close the door, you have to quickly lock the door because the auto launch kicks in and the ball starts going around the half-orbit.

#560 8 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Did everyones game come with this sheet of mylar ready to apply?

mine did not, but not sure I want to lay any down? In home environment, with low plays, routine cleaning (and replacing balls), I would think the clear should last quite a long time.

#571 8 years ago
Quoted from dmbjunky:

Do you think there will eventually be another run of AMHs after Zombie's game?

Charlie has said many many many times.. after 150, there will be no more.. no vault editions, no LE's.. this is it.

#580 8 years ago

Here's a silly question: whoever filled out the ipdb info, why is jason Jones not listed in the voice actor list? He's the first player voice.

2 weeks later
#581 8 years ago

anyone else have their left sling fire for no reason sometimes when the ball travels down the left return ramp?

1 month later
#619 8 years ago

Every servo works on the same voltage. Really the only differences is torque and speed. AMH just happens to use hobbyking because it's the most cost effective ones.

#634 8 years ago
Quoted from JOESCHALL:

I'll be interested to see how spooky handles the hardware issues in Rob Zombie, which promises to have a 6-ball multiball

AMH's trough is more like early williams (like black knight), which has a hump. RZ will be more like a modern stern, balls roll down a hill, and a VUK pops the last ball at the end of the hills up into the shooter lane (and every ball sits on a switch to keep track).

#655 8 years ago

As Gordon Ramsay would say... "local, fresh, sustainable... yes yes!"

3 weeks later
#719 8 years ago
Quoted from pinlynx:

I put full on post rubbers on the posts guarding the ghost and eliminated a large chunk of my airballs

I thought about doing this too. I haven't looked under the playfield to check which post it is, don't suppose you have a part number handy?

#739 8 years ago
Quoted from Fishbeadtwo:

Any tips of fixing the ball traps behind the ghost? The ball likes to trap there behind the ghost by the bolt
head

Yea, mine still gets stuck here and sometimes by the pop bumper (but at least ball search usually fixes the pop bumper issue). Almost need some sort of pyramid piece with a round cutout for the ghost base so the ball has no flat section to rest:
amh_ghost_fix.jpgamh_ghost_fix.jpg

That or the ghost model itself needs a tiny wiper arm that will bump the ball when the ghost goes into search. Even with the ghost spinning, it can still just sit there.

#741 8 years ago
Quoted from bemmett:

I thought Spooky had a fix for this they were putting on new games and willing to send to anyone else, is that not the case?

No, that was the issue where the ball would hop between the wall and the top plastic, effectively getting jammed inside a dead wall. The plastic can't get over tightened because it would rub against the ghost base and burn out the servo. The real solution would be to bump the servo down so the plastic can be tightened down, but I don't know if that's easily done.

1 month later
#778 8 years ago
Quoted from JOESCHALL:

I would describe the material under the decals as laminated, not clearcoated. Hope that helps and is correct.

Correct, I believe the wood is laminate similar to say shelving material (pressed wood with a hard shell coating that's smooth).

Quoted from JOESCHALL:

It turns out that this was a much easier process than I was used to, because, as Charlie advised me, the entire AMH cabinet is laminated, so the decals really are--literally--peel and stick

Good to know. I noticed on my backbox a small section of the top clear part of the decal on the left side of mine is peeling slightly . I don't want to mess with it, but good to know if I need to replace it that it's not hard.

1 week later
#797 8 years ago
Quoted from robertmee:

what do most have their flipper coils set to?

I would drop them to about a 4, still plenty of power to get up ramps.

1 month later
#840 8 years ago
Quoted from WaddleJrJr:

So would disablishing the interlock all together be similar to this? My AMH will be in the Ohio state championships tomorrow, and I want to have the the interlock disabled for removing stuck balls during multiball.

I suppose you could bypass the switch, but it's a safety thing. I don't see why it's a big deal so long as you hold a flippers up and rest the balls on them (leaving them in the shooter lane obviously auto fires when you close the door).

#857 8 years ago

Ooh, can we get a secret code to cradle a ball without holding the button for bathroom breaks, Ala twilight zone home rom?

#871 8 years ago

Oh man, there's really a small possibility AMH could add color? SWEET!

#874 8 years ago
Quoted from pinlynx:

Anyone else having STDM drains from the ghost magnet?

No, but had really bad STDM drains from the middle lane so I bent the metal wall in a little until the ball started curving back to the left flipper. I'm wondering if your magnet isn't level, or if the pulse just happens to be pushing the ball in that direction every time.

1 month later
#897 8 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

- any ideas for headphones?

haven't tried it yet, but since the amp is speaker output only (similar to this amp):
71n+CYpj7aL._SL1400__(resized).jpg71n+CYpj7aL._SL1400__(resized).jpg

You would need to wire up left, right, and ground to a stereo female 3.5mm jack
audio.output_(resized).jpgaudio.output_(resized).jpg

8 months later
#950 7 years ago
Quoted from Kkuoppamaki:

sometimes the ball gets stuck behind the bop bumpers

It's the lower left, this is common. Ben updated the ball search so you don't have to wait long when it does happen

Quoted from Kkuoppamaki:

and even hellavator

I ended up adding a wall, there's a crevice just big enough for it to get caught on

2 weeks later
#953 7 years ago

So I'm still having issues where the ball can hop the trough and get stuck inside the apron. I don't think the coil setting for the 2 kickers are separated (and if I turn it down too much, the ball doesn't pop into the shooter lane), so I have to keep it up to like a 4 or 5. So just to make sure I never have to take the apron off again, I designed and 3d printed a little cover (with cutouts for the swinging arm). I put it up on thingiverse:
http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:2069598

2 months later
#969 7 years ago

If anyone is having issues where the ball gets stuck in the crevice just in front of the hellevator, I made a 3d printable wall that slides onto the metal ramp
http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:2236805

#971 7 years ago
Quoted from pinmaniac:

Are toppers available?

Contact Joe at laseriffic (he made them), otherwise there's a slim chance that Terry from pinball life may still have one
http://www.laseriffic.com

1 month later
#981 6 years ago
Quoted from extraballingtmc:

Played with the metal in right orbit last night, seemed to make jump a bit smoother. Also tried bending scoop and can get it to hit right flipper now.
My hellevator has been good now, it was only the first day I had game it was messed up until I maxed out the coil. I will watch that video txs.
Is there anything official to block gap above trough or are people just using whatever?

I uploaded a 3d printed fix on thingiverse "amh trough". There's a link somewhere above

3 months later
#1011 6 years ago
Quoted from herg:

I have set my flipper strength to 0, and it still plays well, but if I get a really good shot on the theater ramp, the ball will completely jump over the landing ramp and hit the side of the cabinet. Anyone put a roof on the landing?

I rarely hop balls with flippers set low, but occasionally it might skip (don't think mine ever hit the side of the cabinet). Seeing how I have an AMH, a 3d printer, and solidworks would this be something everyone would be interested in?

#1017 6 years ago
Quoted from angus:

Can you do clear on your printer?

Yes, but you will see the lines.

Quoted from SilverballNut:

A clear protector might be enough instead of a 3D print.

probably... like PETG cut out and zip tied.. though if it projects over, then you may have a stuck ball

1 month later
#1036 6 years ago

Don't know if anyone played the visual pinball 10 version of this, but it plays pretty good and they've even taken the liberty of colorizing some of the DMD art

B7S (resized).pngB7S (resized).png
https://media.giphy.com/media/l1J9Op1rv5WC0re5G/giphy.gif

8 months later
#1069 5 years ago
Quoted from herg:

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but aren't they just standard blue caps?
https://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=product&amp;id=327

yes, but i believe at least one cap has a hole drilled into it. may depend on which lamps you have in them

2 months later
#1108 5 years ago
Quoted from herg:

I'll certainly post the file. I guess I could add it to my website

Just upload the STL to thingiverse

#1111 5 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

Neat build! Is that the newest Prusa i3?

Technically the "newest" prusa is an SLA printer

#1115 5 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

Does the auto bed leveling work well? A couple friends of mine built one and had trouble with that part.
I still have the old Makerbot I used to prototype most of AMH!

I've used the mk2 for over a year now, and although the "mesh leveling with 9 points" should make better parts (because if the bed isn't level, or the axes are skewed it adjusts), I think it's slightly gimmicky. The proximity probe that measures distance has to be within 1mm of the tip, which isn't always easy to do. I own two monoprice select V2 printers (wanhao clone) and sometimes I can get just as good prints on a $300 printer if it's calibrated. Only bad part with the cheaper printers is the base bed is really thin and flimsy, which is why I'm starting to add glass on the top layer to stiffen it up.

The Creality Ender is $180 shipped and it's getting rave reviews because it's cheap and has a really stiff frame using 80/20. I'm half tempted to buy one myself.

6 months later
#1185 5 years ago
Quoted from 2Kaulitz:

WoW there is 6 AMH pins for sale now on pinside. I think that's the most i have seen at one time.

wonka effect

1 month later
#1330 4 years ago
Quoted from herg:

It adjusts the end of the ball guide and also extends it a bit to avoid having the ball hit the end of the ramp wall.

I have a fix for a separate issue in this area:
https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:2236805

#1340 4 years ago
Quoted from Nevus:

“Lost” ball is 99% under the apron that somehow jumps out of the trough. Any fixes for these out there would be appreciated.

https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:2069598

#1342 4 years ago
Quoted from Nevus:

does it go in the bottom of the trough?

no, snaps on top. the cutouts are for the gate. The issue is there's too much gap between the trough walls and the apron.

#1352 4 years ago
Quoted from dung:

Do you have a file or can we buy it from you? I am getting a list of all the available 3d print fixes that have been posted including your wonky pop bumper post. Want to order them all at once and then next time I am working on the game install everything at once.

im willing to 3d print any parts for a small fee, name your color

2 months later
#1365 4 years ago
Quoted from dung:

Trying to install the hellevator fix but there is not any info. Looking at my game I do not see how you are supposed to connect it to anything? Am I missing something?

https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:2236805

that's mine.. the 2 thin prongs slides over the sheet metal on the far wall

#1370 4 years ago
Quoted from dung:

Then spent an hour tweaking the damn plastic that holds the ghost as it kept causing the servo to bind when turning right

I forget what the fix is for that.. maybe a spacer that bumps the servo up to allow more gap between the ghost and the platic? All I know is that by the time my game was built (90 something) the fix was already installed.

2 weeks later
#1379 4 years ago
Quoted from JeffF:

are schematics available for the PCB?

If they did, they've been scrubbed. Homepin practically copied the board/code to run thunderbirds. There's a pinwiki but it's very scarce with info
http://pinwiki.com/wiki/index.php?title=PinHeck_System

Seeing how Pinheck2 board is not very different (only updated to run color dmd) that's 400 games without schematics to make repairs.

1 year later
#1540 3 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

I know we said 150 of the ORIGINAL UNIT... but what if we Vaulted this with new art and better mechs?

Leave it be.. I loved the cheesiness of the theme, the jump ramp was awesome, but I got rid of mine for all the issues (ball hangup at the lower elevator exit, the balls getting stuck inside the trough, the ball getting stuck at that one pop bumper), plus no matter how far I turned down the sling coils I would still get cheap side drains. Not to say those things couldn't get fixed, but how much work would you want to put into it (and what would a remake cost today 6 years later with inflation?). I mean I see gently used AMH's selling all the time for under $5500.

3 months later
#1591 3 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

I am sorry for using servos. I deserve a lashing!

It wouldn't be the same driven with a coil (nor would the hellevator). The servo is awesome, I just think there needed to be more gap underneath / more powerful servo to overcome the resistance (but cost is everything).

2 months later
#1654 3 years ago
Quoted from Medisinyl:

Hoping to reveal the full set in late April if possible. For now, here's a teaser of one piece of the full set I'm working on (prototype shown--some changes have already been made from this version):
It will likely be offered as an all or nothing, numbered, limited set. As all pieces will be cohesive to the "world under glass" vision for AMH, I imagine most (that like mods) would want the full set anyway once seen.

great work.. when I owned the game I definitely thought "With some 3d printing this game could look even better".

2 months later
#1690 2 years ago
Quoted from PaulCoff:

The AMH “call-outs” and music are outstanding.
Who were those people?

The one that gets harrassed by the boob ghost is ben's friend Jones

6 months later
#1842 2 years ago
Quoted from PaulCoff:

Just had a late night game and wanted to ask other AMH owners.
Have you ever heard this quote or was it just me and my drink?
“Come in Steve, your fired.”
I laughed out, but then I wondered did I really hear that? Such a fun game AMH!

something about mary reference?

4 weeks later
#1849 2 years ago
Quoted from P1nhead:

I went there looking for the adobe illustrator files and they are missing entirely.

I believe Ben took them down because some guy said he was going to try to build an AMH from scratch.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
6,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Maple Ridge, BC
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 45.00

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider toyotaboy.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/amh-club-a-spooky-start?tu=toyotaboy and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.