28801E32-E2D7-4DC1-AAFD-3DCDC27A3506 (resized).jpeg
354934431_6328733057162997_6611170001532921297_n (resized).jpg
IMG_1376 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1377 (resized).jpeg
20230408_185615 (resized).jpg
20230408_192409 (resized).jpg
8A18DFE7-8CD9-4C66-B364-2F977840CBE2 (resized).jpeg
E5C304EC-9BC3-48C6-AC69-732299B19D7F (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider spandol.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1010 6 years ago
Quoted from herg:

Does anyone have suggestions on how to avoid airballs from the theater ramp? I have set my flipper strength to 0, and it still plays well, but if I get a really good shot on the theater ramp, the ball will completely jump over the landing ramp and hit the side of the cabinet. Anyone put a roof on the landing?

I thought about making a roof of some sort to see if I could stop airballs. Haven't had time yet, but I think it could work.

1 year later
#1125 5 years ago
Quoted from sheetz_freak1:

I was wondering if anyone could snap a picture of the route of the ground braid on the start button side of the cabinet - more specifically after it first contacts the lockdown bar mech. I’ve got about 6-8” extra that I need to reattach.
Thanks in advance!

I just took photos of the whole run on the start button side. Hope this is what you were looking for.

6884394D-31C7-4339-86C1-80B27524B1D4 (resized).jpeg6884394D-31C7-4339-86C1-80B27524B1D4 (resized).jpegF7C90D1D-F5B8-4536-9940-EC810E2143AD (resized).jpegF7C90D1D-F5B8-4536-9940-EC810E2143AD (resized).jpeg5FD35BD2-D6F8-4373-A277-389B78330959 (resized).jpeg5FD35BD2-D6F8-4373-A277-389B78330959 (resized).jpeg584902AB-003C-42B3-83E7-D360133C5DFE (resized).jpeg584902AB-003C-42B3-83E7-D360133C5DFE (resized).jpeg6E9C9F95-540B-4572-BF81-813DC864101D (resized).jpeg6E9C9F95-540B-4572-BF81-813DC864101D (resized).jpeg5C437DD5-3779-4FDB-881A-AEE23D6AFBC2 (resized).jpeg5C437DD5-3779-4FDB-881A-AEE23D6AFBC2 (resized).jpeg
3 weeks later
#1128 5 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

No more updates for AMH. Only reason I did 2016 update was to boost people's opinions of Spooky's code commitment because at the time RZ sucked.
I cared then because I had a future game - now I don't. Screw it.

Well, I'm glad you did because I love the mini wizard mode and the shot multiplier. So know it didn't go unnoticed! It doesn't need anything. Only thing that would be cool is a Playfield multiplier, but it doesn't have to have it.

3 weeks later
#1166 5 years ago
Quoted from herg:

I've posted earlier about my color display project. Using the stock Chroma-Color board, it was limited to 256 colors. I got some motivation, and modified the FPGA and AV firmware to allow indexed color. It's still a 256 color palette, but I can choose that palette for each video scene instead of being limited to a single 256 color palette that was predetermined and locked into the FPGA.
Here are a few samples of the improvement:
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]
I have had people ask, and the biggest hurdle to making this available to other AMH owners is availability of the Chroma-Color boards. Charlie says he only has a couple left, and he's keeping them for RZ warranty claims. I have gotten quotes on the boards, both from Macrofab and the factory that builds LED OCD, but the board is licensed Creative Commons, and I can't resell them unless Parker were to OK it.
The FPGA firmware, I think, is the same situation. The AV firmware was open source at one point, and I'm not even sure what the license is on it. So, in short, it would need a lot of approvals before I could even share the code.

I'd be interested in this too.

3 months later
#1244 4 years ago

Bumps in the night is a good challenge to get to and a great mode itself!

2 weeks later
#1276 4 years ago
Quoted from mthirkell:

So my morgue door stopped working. Tested it (door open/close) and it wouldn't move. Any advice?

Yeah, test it. If it is bad, you can get them pretty cheap. Here's the link. I replaced my ghost target bank and bought an extra just in case. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00URCMRCK/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title

Here's a video by Spooky on how to properly replace the servo.

Hope you get it sorted out easily!

10 months later
#1482 3 years ago
Quoted from herg:

There's certainly nothing all that impressive here, but in trying to make the most of my Adobe trial (ends tomorrow), I sprinkled color on Prison mode as well.
New files are posted on the website.
http://ledocd.com/amh_color/
[quoted image]
...and just one more. The main attract video was bugging me. If you downloaded last night, you have the option of getting it again.[quoted image]

Thanks!

4 months later
#1505 3 years ago

I found this bug at the end of my ball during Bumps in the Night, the final score is jumbled on the screen like it’s out of focus. This has happened 3 times to me. Not sure if Ben even wants to look into it, but thought I’d mention it.

Can I say, I don’t know why this game doesn’t rate higher. I did a playfield swap and got everything dialed in and it plays great. The game code is so well designed, in my opinion. Got to Demon Battle for the first time tonight. Love the game.

7CB0B53E-C809-46AF-BAB0-3D1A1C9C22CB (resized).jpeg7CB0B53E-C809-46AF-BAB0-3D1A1C9C22CB (resized).jpeg
#1507 3 years ago
Quoted from herg:

Do you think it's possible to get a picture or video of this? It might be a bug related to the color display. Occasionally, it does have glitches due to SD card reads failing. I've tweaked that as much as I can, I think. That shouldn't be mode specific though, so if BitN is causing it repeatedly, it might be something else.

I was wondering this too. I will get a video of it to post as soon as I am able. Thanks Herg for looking into this.

#1508 3 years ago

Also I forgot to mention, getting the main MB along with minion MB is quite a rush!

2 weeks later
#1510 3 years ago

That’s awesome! A lot of fun.

I tried filming the bonus screen, but the problem never occurred, as I mention above. I did see it another time but not after Bumps in the Night.

3 months later
#1582 3 years ago
Quoted from Timfenske11:

Replaced the ghost servo today. I had a replacement that came with the game luckily. Are all the servos in this game the same? I want to order several replacements.
Thanks

I actually couldn’t find the ones that the game came with not too long ago. I figured when I needed one, I would ask spooky, but it would be cool to know this.

#1584 3 years ago
Quoted from Timfenske11:

Here is what I have found. All three pictured seem to be all be replacements. The hk being the cheapest. The feetech being the replacement spooky has sent in the past and tactic.
Can anyone confirm there is a total of 4 in the machine, all the same size and any of these will work. The nicer ones obviously working better than the hk.
Thanks [quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

My machine had the HKs and I had purchased them before off Amazon. The last time I looked though, a few months ago, I couldn’t find them. So, the other 2 have the right specs for the game? I guess so if spooky sent you the feetech. Thanks for this!

#1586 3 years ago
Quoted from Timfenske11:

I emailed spooky over the weekend and this is the current servo they are using.[quoted image]

Thanks for the info! Timfenske11 Going to order a couple in case mine goes down.

5 months later
#1687 2 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

Still don't know why Kaneda hates the art so much. (ok the PF is pretty lame)

Yeah, I'm not sure either. Looks pretty good to me.

Quoted from Nevus:

I love the art and theme.
AMH is one of my favorite games. I enjoy the campy call outs. It’s wonky and worth more to me in happiness than dollars.

I love the game too. It's just a good all around package.

4 months later
#1826 2 years ago
Quoted from herg:

...and I had to go back and read my own posts to refresh my failing memory. There was a timing bug in my v91 firmware that could cause high scores to not load, and I fixed it a couple of years ago. You actually WILL want to update the AV firmware. The files to use with a color display are here:
http://ledocd.com/amh_color/
You will want to make sure to get the correct firmware for the display you have. If it's an LCD, it's the Chroma-Color one. If it's a colored LED grid, it's a Pin2DMD.

Hmm, I don’t remember if I updated your code in the display I purchased from you. Is there a way to check what version I have? Do I just take out the SD and see if the updated file is on it on a computer?

#1830 2 years ago
Quoted from herg:

The software versions are displayed when you boot the game.

I didn't remember it displayed your display code. Mine is at 87. Guess I should update right? The Chroma color one is the one you sold?

#1833 2 years ago
Quoted from herg:

If you're not having any issues, I personally would just leave it. Yes, though, Chroma-color are the kits I made and sold. PIN2DMD is a DIY approach that I only wrote firmware to support.

Ok, cool. Only issue I have at times is the screen goes unreadable when it counts down your bonus. It looks like when your on a tv channel you don’t pay for.

#1835 2 years ago
Quoted from herg:

I do very infrequently see some corrupted display. I'm almost certain it is due to failed SD card reads, and faster cards seem to help. If you're seeing it often, a faster card could help. I would not expect much difference in firmware versions, though updating wouldn't hurt unless you run into issues with the updating process. You do have to make sure to closely follow the update process, or risk bricking the AV firmware. There are recovery processes, but they're not the most straight forward.

Cool, thanks for the insight.

3 months later
#1878 2 years ago
Quoted from Happy81724:

Where are folks getting the apron cards? I don’t have any on mine. Does spooky sell some?

They have them on their site to print.

https://www.spookypinball.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/06/AMH-Apron-Cards-2.pdf

1 week later
#1906 2 years ago
Quoted from Happy81724:

I just had a super fun game. Is bumps in the night the final wizard mode?
[quoted image]

Bumps in the night is the mini wizard mode. Finish all the ghost battles to reach Demon Battle

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 19.00
Tools
PinballSolutions.eu

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

5,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Atoka, TN
6,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Maple Ridge, BC
$ 210.00
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider spandol.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/amh-club-a-spooky-start?tu=spandol and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.