28801E32-E2D7-4DC1-AAFD-3DCDC27A3506 (resized).jpeg
354934431_6328733057162997_6611170001532921297_n (resized).jpg
IMG_1376 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1377 (resized).jpeg
20230408_185615 (resized).jpg
20230408_192409 (resized).jpg
8A18DFE7-8CD9-4C66-B364-2F977840CBE2 (resized).jpeg
E5C304EC-9BC3-48C6-AC69-732299B19D7F (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider shelby1000.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1021 6 years ago
Quoted from kojak234:

I've been having a few issues with mine that I think are just due to menu settings, and was wondering if anyone had some ideas for good levels or had seen the same problems. I'm #76 if that helps in the build timeline
Ever since I've updated to v23 the volume of the dialogue has been super low, and I was continually adjusting the sfx and music volume levels. I finally got something that seems like its similar to v22, but I had to turn the amplifier volume almost all the way to full. And at times the music seems to cover up all the dialogue when both are happening at the same time.
Then tonight I was playing and adjusting some of the coil settings when some game play issues showed. All of a sudden the drain kick didn't seem to be working properly. It will kick the ball over, but it doesn't always stay where its supposed to in the trough. It rolls back down and the plunger has to kick it multiple times before it sticks. The drain kick was at six. I tried lowering it down to 4, but the same thing keeps happening.
Then all of a sudden, as soon as I hit start to begin a game, it would say ball saved and send 2 balls into the shooter lane. I'm guessing this is some by product of the drain kick happening multiple times, but it started doing it every time I started a new game, even after turning the machine on and off to try to reboot things.
It's a lot to ask all at once, but I'm sleepy and everything is all sort of rambling out at once. If anyone has any ideas as what the issues may be or knows what the sweet spots are for the coil settings. I'd greatly appreciate it

I've noticed the same issue with the dialogue on mine when I switched to V23. Could you tell me the sfx and music volume levels that you have yours set to and I'll try it on mine to see if I can hear the speech better? Thanks.

2 months later
#1040 6 years ago

Does anyone know why sometimes when I play the game keeps saying "Dirty Pool" over and over again. I've seen somewhere in this forum that other people have had this problem. Yesterday I played an entire game where that is all it said. Then it stops doing it for awhile but it always comes back. It isn't during the appropriate animation where it should be saying it. Is there a stuck switch or a problem with the software?

#1042 6 years ago

Thanks for the tip. I checked the pinheck board but couldn't find anything labeled optos. I reseated all of the connections anyways and haven't had the problem come back yet but would you be able to give me an idea on which connector it is so I can specifically look at that one when it happens again?

8 months later
#1063 5 years ago

I know that I've posted this before but I'm still kind of having the same problem with the game repeatedly saying "Dirty Pool old man" over and over again. I was advised to check and reseat the opto 1 and 2 plugs under the playfield which I have done and that does somewhat take care of the problem to where it will say it less but then it always comes back. I had a small party yesterday with people playing the machine and it was just saying it all the time and people were getting so sick of hearing it. I reseated the plugs which seemed to help but then it just does it again after a bit. Does anyone have any ideas on how to fix this for good or do I just have to live with it? Anyone else having the same issue? Other than this the game functions flawlessly. Thanks.

#1067 5 years ago

Okay I would like to try re-crimping but I'm not very experienced with electronics and the last thing I want to do is break something. If someone is able to break it down a bit for me so I don't mess up. Are you talking about using a certain type of crimping tool and using it to squeeze the opto plugs to make them fit tighter on the opto board?
BTW if you end up making this color DMD for AMH and plan on selling it I'm definitely going to buy one from you if the installation isn't too crazy. Those color animations look really great. So much better than just the mono chromatic green. I really like it.

#1070 5 years ago

That's a shame about the color DMD. I wish that spooky would have gone with that from the beginning when they manufactured the game. Thanks for the tips with the opto plugs.

#1076 5 years ago
You can use an IDC insertion tool to make sure the wires are pressed into the back side of the connector well. You can often get by using a small screwdriver, but it's better if you have the tool. You could also choose to use to replace them with Molex crimp connectors rather than IDC, or even direct wire like tallon mentioned. Direct wiring them, however, it gets very difficult to work on because everything is tied together, unless you also add connectors further down the wires like tallon also mentions.

Are you talking about the 0.156" (3.96mm) IDC Wire Insertion Tool like what they sell on pinball life? Do I use that to press the wires more firmly into the connector that plugs into the opto board?

#1077 5 years ago

Is that what you use to press the wires more firmly into the connectors which go into the opto board?

#1083 5 years ago

I think that this may be the problem that is causing the dirty pool issue. It’s the connector labeled double on the opto board. I noticed that the wires go to the right side opto sensor of the ghost. It looks as though someone really crushed it. Does anyone know where I can get a replacement plug? Do you think this will fix it?

E9A9F22F-19B1-437E-8D6E-BBF875313D7A (resized).jpegE9A9F22F-19B1-437E-8D6E-BBF875313D7A (resized).jpeg
#1085 5 years ago

I understand that it is supposed to say that under certain circumstances but it is at the point now where the game is almost unplayable at times as it can get stuck saying it constantly. I'm trying to locate the problem. Several people have stated that there is a known problem with the .100 wires that are used for the connections. That damaged connector is the only visual indication that I've spotted. I'm open to any suggestions on where to look but I'm thinking it might be the damaged plug. If not then I have no idea on where to look.

#1087 5 years ago

Thanks for all of your help and efforts with this Herg. I do appreciate it. For clarity this doesn't happen all of the time probably roughly 40% to 50% of the game play I have the problem. Some games operate perfectly. This does seem to be linked to the ghost target bank though. It happens when I start a new game and the target bank will drop down right away and then the dirty pool speech starts. It can also happen when the 2nd or 3rd ball starts and the target bank drops right away and then again with the dirty pool. Correct me if i'm wrong but I thought the game is supposed to start with the target bank up. I don't know if this helps at all but it seems to be the pattern.

1 week later
#1090 5 years ago

Okay so this dirty pool problem continues to drag on. I replaced both the connectors for the ghost area which are the opto 1 and the double IR emitter connections with molex connectors and it still has the same problem. I used the IDC insertion tool and made sure they were in there good and the connectors seem to be sturdy.
So if this was your machine what would you try next? Replacing the IR emitter and receivers? Misalignment was mentioned. How could you tell if that was the problem and what would cause the misalignment? The IR receiver diode seems to be covered up pretty good by a protective housing so maybe not enough IR light reaching it? Someone mentioned they replaced their optos are there better ones out there? Not sure what to do now.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
6,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Maple Ridge, BC
$ 20.00
5,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Atoka, TN
$ 19.00
Tools
PinballSolutions.eu

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider shelby1000.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/amh-club-a-spooky-start?tu=shelby1000 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.