28801E32-E2D7-4DC1-AAFD-3DCDC27A3506 (resized).jpeg
354934431_6328733057162997_6611170001532921297_n (resized).jpg
IMG_1376 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1377 (resized).jpeg
20230408_185615 (resized).jpg
20230408_192409 (resized).jpg
8A18DFE7-8CD9-4C66-B364-2F977840CBE2 (resized).jpeg
E5C304EC-9BC3-48C6-AC69-732299B19D7F (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider btw75.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#10 9 years ago
Quoted from Wahnsinniger:

I love the little details, like the pop-bumper-thunder causing all the lights to flicker out for a moment.

The thunder & lightning effects are awesome.

I got mine a couple weeks ago, it was used as the booth game at TPF. Enjoying it, no regrets at all - I look forward to seeing what is next. Just wishing I had more time on it as I've been swamped since I brought it home.

One nice surprise is that I had predicted that the call outs would be instantly old and I'd have to change them - but instead I have found them way more funny when playing the game so they'll stay. I might add some Slayer to the soundtrack though...

One thing I have been doing is poking around on the code (love open source!) and considering what I might want to try. One idea right now is altering the debounce logic on the tilt to allow for one hard move (with a warning). Another is to allow for the flipper button to cycle through the attract mode so I can get to scores faster. I'm no programmer, so it'd be a complete hack.

#15 9 years ago

I am so maybe I will poke around it at some point (I wonder how it compares structurally with the Future Pinball script code, which I did not care for)
And
I want this feature too.

FWIW, I've found the code to be organized and well documented - enough so that while I haven't fully got my arms around it I have been successful in following what is happening in general and been able successfully explore.

I'm excited to see what people come up with in the future. Why I don't have any desire to reprogram the game, I think that coming up with bugfixes/slight tweaks without having to harass Ben is a good thing.

#22 9 years ago

May I recommend anti-rattle tape - or electrical tape - on the edges of the glass. With "all that bass" it really helps calm the rattles.

#24 9 years ago

Will have to try that. Been trying to ignore the rattle.

I added it this evening - was huge. I had the volume turned almost all the way down before just to avoid rattle.

#30 9 years ago
Quoted from Nevus:

Dec 2014 order. Waiting patiently. I enjoyed meeting the Emerys and playing the game at TPF!

IMG_6433.JPG (Click image to enlarge)

I think you left your initials on my game....

#41 9 years ago

I made a few improvements-

1) On the suggestion of 85vett who had come over to help LED, I taped this piece of opaque heavy mylar underneath the ghost cut out on the apron. Now when the game is off the ghost shows up white, but more cool is when the game is on the light under the cut out has something to light up which looks MUCH better. We used a color changing LED on a flex stem so that it sits closer to the apron.20150418_230511.jpg20150418_230511.jpg

2) I got sick of the cheesy machine screw/lock nut way of mounting the Apron and installed size six speed nuts instead and now use wood screws. It's now a simple operation to remove the apron, similar to other games. http://www.homedepot.com/p/Everbilt-6-32-tpi-Plain-Steel-Type-U-Speed-Nuts-2-Piece-800048/204276061 20150418_230528.jpg20150418_230528.jpg

3) Added a blue start button I had laying around. 20150418_232141.jpg20150418_232141.jpg

#68 9 years ago

Made a quick video tonight to show LEDs, Topper, Hotrod Apron Ghost Mod, blades, start button, etc.

#76 9 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

I'm going down to Spooky this weekend to work on Game #2

And release v19.

#92 8 years ago

FYI, ring chart just added. I need to replace my blacks. White or Clear?

http://www.spookypinball.com/game-support/
Rubber sizes for AMH
4 – 2.5″ rubber
2 – 3/16″ ID rubber (small purple posts)
4 – 3/8″ OD rubber (small spike posts)
4 – 3/8″ ID rubber (star posts)
4 – post sleeves 1 1/16″
2 – Standard Flipper rubber

#94 8 years ago
Quoted from JeffF:

I doubled up the rubbers on the post to the left of the bottom pop and it has reduced the ball getting stuck there by 99%.

This has been on my list to fix this problem. I'm also getting stuck behind the basement and have to nudge to get the ball to foll into the hole. I expect this to be an easy fix, I just need to do it.

1 week later
#116 8 years ago

High score this morning, even with a house ball.

Massive multiball, only a couple ghost bosses.

20150509_111504.jpg20150509_111504.jpg
#128 8 years ago

Titan competitive lt blue rubber looks outstanding.

I also made a modification to the little metal ramp at the end of the shooter lane to hopefully eliminate ball hang ups at the basement. Mine hung off into the hole and the screw was catching the ball. Used the Dremel to cut off the corner as the ramp is plenty secure without the 4th screw.

20150508_225040.jpg20150508_225040.jpg

#134 8 years ago

ICYMI - This is from Spooky's FBpage.

9 piece AMH plastic protector sets! Protect all those possible breakage areas with a high tech (not really) completely incredible (not even slightly) PLASTIC PROTECTOR SET!
Only $25... and we should have them on our website by May 13th, or just email [email protected] to get yours.

I gotta hand it to Charlie - I asked him on Monday to sell me a set of plastics so i could have another company make protectors, and he came back in a few hours with a newly designed set of protectors. Awesome.

#145 8 years ago

Chase quick pay, via bank account, works very well. most large banks use something similar and kt should be able to take it.

#159 8 years ago
Quoted from robertmee:

Do we just email Kayte?

Yes, that is always the answer!

#166 8 years ago

the CT kit is better than stock for sure. I do think they used a little too much orange though! I used pink for the War Fort and some sunlight for in other places.

https://www.youtube.com/embed/eIcWIKB2mAM?autoplay=1&rel=0

3 weeks later
#221 8 years ago
Quoted from gambit3113:

I wish I had bought this game. I am anxious to hear what game #2 is going to be.

Drive down to Round Rock and play all you want!

1 week later
#225 8 years ago
Quoted from Tsskinne:

Big favor. Picking my game up Sunday morning. Would anyone mind sending me your coil strength adjustments because I'd like to not break anything on it right away. Thank you all. -Tommy

Drain kick 4
Ball loader 8
Autolauncher 7
Right Scoop 1
Left VUK 6
Pop Bumpers 5
Slings 2
Flippers 2

YMMV, and I'm not sure i have it tuned perfectly yet, like I had before I lost the settings.

#227 8 years ago
Quoted from Tsskinne:

Wow flippers 2. That blows my mind. Thank you very much.

I think they are still maybe too strong. It's a logarithmic scale I think, so the change between 1 & 2 is way bigger than between 8 and 9. Not sure why.

#240 8 years ago
Quoted from Euchrid:

I thought all the new ones now being built come with the plastic protectors gratis, no?

It's an option. At $25 (I think)it might as well be free though. Easy choice.

1 month later
#440 8 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

This seems extreme. How often do you have a situation on location where a ball is stuck or missing?

At first it was a lot for me - but now Its WAY better - search my posts for a modification I made to the shooter ramp metal behind the hellavator. A better more aggressive ball search with lots of movement/ghost movement would take care of most all issues.

#443 8 years ago
Quoted from Betelgeuse:

I dunno... my game is #11 and I hardly ever get stuck balls unless you count resting on the bottom bumper, which the ball search finds. I have never lost a ball under the apron or had a ball fall into the cabinet. I would love to see a modified post for that spot in the pops where every amh seems to get balls stuck, though.

+1 on all counts

#452 8 years ago

Warning - I'm not a programmer, and am I'm not sure exactly how coil strength/PWM/etc works; however, I did stay in a holiday inn last night and feel that this was a good way to procrastinate so here are some thoughts. caveat emptor.

Quoted from JOESCHALL:

My curiosity--since the "three flips" occur automatically when the ball is kicked out from the saucer--is whether the code has those three flips occurring at the 9 coil strength setting (regardless of what the user dials in as a coil strength). If that's the case, then I wonder if lowering the coil strength for the three flips in the code itself would eliminate this problem.

Looking at the flipper activity, the coil strength never changes. However, for the normal flips the high power it seems to be limited to a time of 50 :

#define holdTop 50 //250 //Used to PWM the hold coil on flippers

However, for the flipper "wiggle" seems to be on a timer of 100 - so the coil stay on high power longer. (note, by high power I'm talking about flipper action vs. flipper hold). I did not check to see if the modetimer and the "holdtop" specification are on the same cycle - so I may be completely wrong . Those blowing fuses could try shortening the timer window below. Since my coil strength is so low it may not matter for me.

if (restartTimer) {

if (hosProgress[player] == 3 and modeTimer) { //Giving the ball back? Make sure players know flipper works!
modeTimer -= 1;
if (modeTimer > 11000 and modeTimer < 11100) {
digitalWrite(LFlipHigh, 1); //Wiggle the flipper!
}
if (modeTimer > 8000 and modeTimer < 8100) {
}
if (modeTimer > 4000 and modeTimer < 4100) {
}
}

}

#453 8 years ago

A couple other meaningful excerpts to describe normal flipper activity:

if (bitRead(cabinet, LFlip) == 1 and LFlipTime == -1) { //Left button pressed?
leftDebounce += 1;
if (leftDebounce > flipperDebounce) {
leftDebounce = flipperDebounce;
digitalWrite(LFlipHigh, 1);
LFlipTime = FlipPower;
rollLeft();
flipperCheck += 1;
}

FlipPower = (coilSettings[0] * 30) + 1; //30; //FLIPPERS Gives a range from 1 to 271

Then this is what moves the flippers from high power to hold power:

if (LFlipTime > 0) {
LFlipTime -= 1;
if (LFlipTime == 0 or leftEOS == 1) { //Did timer run out OR EOS hit?
digitalWrite(LFlipHigh, 0); //Turn off high power
LholdTime = holdTop + 5; //Set PWM timer
//digitalWrite(LFlipLow, 1); //Switch on hold current
}
}

So you can see - with the previous post that if you hold the flipper it is held on high power for 55 cycles - and I'm thinking that is less than the 100 cycles that the wiggle is used for in the precious post.

What I'm confused about is the interaction between all the timers and the coil strength.

I need to go to work now, but hopefully this gets someone thinking.

#456 8 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

The easiest fix would be to disable the flipper attract. The whole "here's your ball back!" thing with Hospital Ghost seemed like a cool idea, but it's caused nothing but confusion.

I love the mode restart. I wouldn't miss the flipper attract at all though - players will be conditioned to play the ball.

#467 8 years ago

tu71586 , I'd let Charlie know - if nothing else, he can verify the right part. If you want to take care of it on your own, Check pinball life out - I think it's the switch below. If you're not comfortable with soldering, you may be able to carefully remove the metal part of the new switch and put it on yours - provided the little axle nubs are still in tact. I am not for sure, but that swich may have a connector in the wiring so you can remove it from the game to make it easier.

Good luck!

http://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=product&id=829

#469 8 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

does AMH come with a manual and parts list?

No. There is some data like matricies and rings on the website. Since most parts seem to be bought from Pinball life, I'd love it if Terry'd set up all the parts they sell for it in the game specific section for AMH.

#491 8 years ago
Quoted from Drewblood419:

I lost the ball down the sides and the ball saver ran out while the ball was bouncing around behind the flippers resulting in the end of ball instead of a saved ball even though it was drained before the timer was up.

Have you updated to the current code? The ball saver grace period logic was fixed in the last release.

That still doesn't do what you suggest, which would be nice, but i think it gets you most of the way there.

#497 8 years ago
Quoted from Shoopity:

What?!?! I just updated the VP version to 20. When did this happen?

Spooky beta tests new code by sending it out on the latest machines before posting (if it succeeds) to the main page for the rest of us to download.

#510 8 years ago
Quoted from robertmee:

Lol...glad it's not just me....I've almost broken the glass trying to hold the glass, put on the lockbar and catch the ball on the flipper with one hand. That's probably my only disappointment with the game. I can't go 8 games without taking the glass off for something stuck. Used to be two games but the recent part Spooky came up with for the Ghost plastic has stopped those stuck balls. And I added felt under the apron and that stopped the balls over the trough. Now most of the issues are the habitrails perpetually coming loose and the ball not falling through at the slings, or wild air balls (most common from the ball being launched off the ghost targets when they're coming up). A washer should fix the habitrails so eventually I hope to get to a stuck ball every 20 to 30 plays.

I just don't have a lot of stuck balls. I still get one every now and then in the pop bumpers, but that is something that a more aggressive ball search would fix. (Hear that Ben?? )

#512 8 years ago
Quoted from 85vett:

Hey, BTW. Can you confirm this, I thought the ball didn't auto launch when we put the ball in the shooter lane, when playing the game this past weekend, until we buttoned it back up and closed the door. Looks like a couple people above are having this happen to where it's shooting the ball out. I'm assuming they are leaving the door open as you would have to in order to prevent the coils from going off. Sounds like the high voltage cutout isn't working right for them but I don't remember if this game even has that built in or not. I just don't recall any coils going off on your game when we have the door open and the glass off.

That's what I remember. There is some door switch option in the menu, I know I had to change mine for some reason -maybe that's it.

#521 8 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

Here are my planned fixes for V21. Anything else please let me know by next weekend, thanks!

Please make ball search more aggressive (a double round, faster between pops, something). Also recommend starting a ball search if a pinball is missing upon startup. The other day I shut it down when the ball was in the subway, then when I started up it wouldn't start because the ball was in the scoop. The switch registered but no kickout or ball search so I had to go into the test menu to fire the scoop kick.

#528 8 years ago
Quoted from locustgrovepin:

To add to this, tonight the display turned solid green. Everything on the playfield was still working just couldn't read anything on the display. Powered off and back on and the display was normal again.

I'm not sure, but I hope you are checking in with Charlie.

1 week later
#574 8 years ago
Quoted from locustgrovepin:

WooHoo! Made it to, and completed, Demon Battle tonight! My final score was a little over 250M.
Something for Ben:
I've noticed during photo hunt that sometimes the shot you are suppose to make doesn't strobe the LED's. If they don't strobe you can't tell which shot to aim for. This is a random occurrence, most of the time it's fine. I'm running V.21.

I saw the same photo hunt bug today on v20.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods

6,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Maple Ridge, BC
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider btw75.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/amh-club-a-spooky-start?tu=btw75 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.