28801E32-E2D7-4DC1-AAFD-3DCDC27A3506 (resized).jpeg
354934431_6328733057162997_6611170001532921297_n (resized).jpg
IMG_1376 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1377 (resized).jpeg
20230408_185615 (resized).jpg
20230408_192409 (resized).jpg
8A18DFE7-8CD9-4C66-B364-2F977840CBE2 (resized).jpeg
E5C304EC-9BC3-48C6-AC69-732299B19D7F (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider 2Kaulitz.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#782 8 years ago
Quoted from JOESCHALL:

I ended up re-decaling my backbox due to some cosmetic damage that occurred during shipping and unboxing. Charlie kindly sent me new backbox decals. Thanks, Charlie! It turns out that this was a much easier process than I was used to, because, as Charlie advised me, the entire AMH cabinet is laminated, so the decals really are--literally--peel and stick. No heat gun is required for removal of the old decal, and once it's removed there is just a small amount of gummy residue to remove from the laminated cabinet, which is easy to remove by hand. I thought I'd share this info in case any other AMH owners end up with a re-decaling job. Don't use a heat gun to remove the old decal! Pix follow.

after_(resized).JPGbefore_(resized).JPG

Yeah the decals looked nice and shiny. It turned out real good. There defiantly good quality unlike some cab art reprints I have seen.

#791 8 years ago
Quoted from joeraptor2003:

Thanks for the kind words. I am glad you like the PinBlades. I have some ramp decals I need to finish for this as well.
Hopefully this week...
Enjoy!
-JR

Yeah the pinblades are awesome and very easy to install. Any pics of the ramp decals ?

1 week later
#811 8 years ago
Quoted from Jetzxi:

Custom cards added!

20160111_183432_(resized).jpg20160111_183405_(resized).jpg

Very nice Great Work

#819 8 years ago
Quoted from chadsugg:

Just finished the other version of rule cards I was talking about making the other day.
I thought this set would be funny, especially with all the Stern Ghostbusters rumors going around
Free Download @
http://pinballboy.com/rulecards/amh-v2

AMHV2Pre_(resized).jpg

Nice but i like 1st one better. Could do one with ghost from the game or something like that ?

#821 8 years ago
Quoted from eggbert52:

My AMH #132 arrives this Tuesday.

Congrads dude

#825 8 years ago
Quoted from eggbert52:

My AMH #132 arrives this Tuesday.

Did you get your game ?

2 weeks later
#830 8 years ago
Quoted from NinJaBooT:

My Custom AMH Magnet Mod. The white layer glows in the dark.

IMG_5126_(resized).PNG

I want one too

1 week later
#847 8 years ago

Pinball is not hard to work on just take your time and make sure you have muilty meter is your best friend.

#856 8 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

I'll be collecting suggestions for the late spring Super Update The End Edition.

How about making it so can put in a custom message to show on the dmd .

#860 8 years ago
Quoted from Jetzxi:

I know this won't happen but I will throw it out there anyway...............Shaker motor and color dmd option, I doubt the board is compatible for either but what do I know?
But that would be one bad ass last hurrah for this thing!

Yeah making it so color dmd sigma works with the game would be awesome. Have it change colors with rgb lighting

#865 8 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

Randy wrote us a color driver to flash onto a ColorDMD a few years ago. It display pinHeck video and did change color with the RGB inputs (so it could be tied to our game's RGB lighting and change with it)
Since then, I changed something in how we send out the dots (and I forgot what I did) and it doesn't quite work.
If I had a 5V version of a ColorDMD handy I could try and fix my code to make it compatible.

Some one lend there Color DMD to Ben If i had one i would.

1 month later
#893 8 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Loving this game so far. Love the code, layout, art, humor. First and foremost it's fun and makes me laugh. It's simple but the shots are really satisfying. The code is really intuitive. Everyone who has played it loves it.
The overall finish is very impressive. It's really got me looking forward to RZ and all future Spooky releases.
Took me a little while to fully dial it in, but I'm almost there. Couple of questions:
- the speakers are amazing - but the sub is making everything rattle (and annoying my wife). Thought it had a shaker at first. What are you guys using to stop the rattle on the glass and backbox?
- any ideas for headphones?
- getting an annoying ball hang on the lower pop behind the ghost. Have adjusted the pop switch, but doesn't really help. Any other ideas?

Did not have issue with back box rattle but i also have ball stick problems at lower pop. I still have not fixed it yet and been looking for a fix also.

9 months later
#957 7 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

So, when I first got AMH, I emailed Ben and Charlie and said "it needs more metal!"
Charlie was all for more metal. Because metal is what the cool kids like. And Charlie is one of the cool kids.
So here is the main theme with more metal.
Very much a work in progress ... it takes hours to do this stuff. In fact this video was taken in November, it has evolved a lot since that.
rd
» YouTube video

Very nice Anyone know if they might do a color dmd for amh ?

#961 7 years ago
Quoted from KingPinGames:

spooky is not, but that doesn't mean an owner can't give it a try.

Yeah i know spooky is not but guys at color dmd could but i think there something they needed as i herd it did sync right.

2 years later
#1184 5 years ago

WoW there is 6 AMH pins for sale now on pinside. I think that's the most i have seen at one time.

1 week later
#1189 4 years ago
Quoted from dung:

Still waiting to try mine sadly. Rob anthony has my board and hoping he can work his magic.

Oh what happend to it ? Spooky has any for sale?

#1193 4 years ago
Quoted from Aeolus7:

I'm in... I've wanted an AMH forever and been following Ben's designs since the days of Bill Paxton and the ill-fated Zombie Adventureland. Very excited!
https://arcadeheroes.com/2012/03/02/sweet-new-details-on-ben-hecks-zombie-adventureland-pinball-in-3d/
[quoted image]

Congrad's its fun game i wish Ben Heck was still in pinball We need Bible Adventures lol Did you order the color dmd ?

#1195 4 years ago
Quoted from Aeolus7:

Just added myself to the wait list. Thanks for the tip!
What do members recommend as far as GI upgrades to brighten up the game? Based on the limitations with the 5v line, I’m assuming I can’t add spotlights to the GI without modification, correct? Thoughts on the pinbulbs Kit?

not sure on the limitations but there is a kit that includes spot lights for amh.

#1200 4 years ago
Quoted from billsfanmd:

Thinking of getting one back. Had one of the first ones when they came out. One near me with the green cab art with the ghost hunters on the side.
What is the most popular version? The ghosts art or photo shop people? Love some of the ideas on here. First upgrade for me will be adding more lighting
On the hunt for one local to MD

Green one was originally art and then they added the blue with ghost at production. I like the blue much better and it is what most picked.

#1208 4 years ago
Quoted from dung:

The apron on this game is a piece of hot garbage. It bends when you lift the playfield? Really? It has gouged my playfield (did it before I even got it). I spent a good long bit bending it to shape so the ball could make it down the outlanes. I did file the outer corners so it woulds top gouging, but ffs what a shit design. RZ is better, but still a poor design. Wonder if later spooky games have improved. I have noticed a progression in design between the two games.
I need to get an rgb strip for the right inside of the cabinet. Mine has 3 leds that show the wrong color. Are they available?
My ghost center is facing left. Guessing I need to take him apart and have him face forward for center? I see no adjust for the ghost in the menu, elevator, spot targets, and door. Am I missing something?
Ball trough needs some adjusting, it tells me ball save half the time I launch. Other than that seems good to go.

The led strips are just standard 12v RGB strips very easy to replace. The apron has done that on others amh's as well what they did is put small piece of milar on the spot and bend/file down the corner alittle. My 1st amh had the same issue with the apron and i did that to fix it and i added a 3rd led strip in thebackbox .

#1210 4 years ago
Quoted from Rascal-911:

I just got my AMH and it is a blast, but i had my first repair last night. I noticed the far right stand up target for the ghost stopped registering hits. I was lucky it was a simple wire broke off at solder on the switch. This must be a common fix where the wire is constantly flexing from the target bank going up and down.

Yeah i had the same thing happen to mine and at least its a easy fix.

#1233 4 years ago
Quoted from Tsskinne:

Okay, so all credit goes to crile1 and herg for this improvement of scoop performance on AMH. This is AMH #62 (I believe) and as some folks have previously mentioned in this thread it is likely that spookycharlie & company at some point during the builds of AMH already modified this scoop part so if yours is working great let it be. What was happening on mine is the scoop eject was not consistent. Often times it would take 3-5 attempts to get the ball back into play, typically the ball just falling back in while it attempted to eject and on rare occasions getting stuck on the edge or between the post and rubber on the far right side of the scoop. In a home environment, I never minded this as I knew it would eventually come out, or I could just open it and fix the stuck ball quickly (long story I'm the original owner of this game, I picked it up at Spooky, had it for about 2 years, sold it to a pinsider in new york who had it for about 2 years, last month it was bought back by a close friend who wanted to operate it at my location). My players at my location were annoyed by this behavior and frequently complained to me about it, and I was annoyed with them being annoyed so I decided something should be done. I read through this thread and saw largely what herg had done and copied him, he let me know he was copying crile1 and in the end, we all have better games so thank you.
Parts you will need:
1 Open back scoop from pinballlife https://www.pinballlife.com/scoop-weldment-assembly-with-open-back.html (roughly $90 shipped)
2 1/4'' or 2 1/2'' screws to replace the originals that hold the subway (less than $10 at Home Depot)
Spacers (I picked up several 1/4'' 1/2'' and 3/4'' inch so that I could get the subway just where I wanted it. If they make 1/8'' ones not a bad idea to get some of those too). The goal is to drop the subway height down so it no longer sits so high above the ball when it is in the scoop. Measuring my game it was 3/4'' above the scoop ball landing, it is now maybe 1/16''-1/8'' above the scoop ball landing.
Soldering Iron & solder
Phillips-head screwdriver & 1/4'' nut driver (taking off optos, attaching new bracket, and removing old scoop & attaching new scoop)
Optional Part:
Longer switch for in the scoop something like this https://www.pinballlife.com/sub-microswitch-with-19-straight-flat-actuator.html
Step 1: Remove the original scoop switch from original scoop mechanism
Step 2: Take pictures of coil wiring, desolder original coil, and remove the original scoop mechanism.
Step 3: Remove optos from the new scoop, save them for spare parts.
Step 4: Attach new 3D Printed Switch bracket to new scoop, and then the original scoop switch to this bracket, add hot glue or other adhesive
Step 5: Install the new scoop mechanism in place, rewire coil now or later, up to you.
Step 6: Undo original screws holding subway in place, using new longer screws and spacers lower it so that the subway and scoop ball landing area are basically level.
Step 7: While having the playfield still out, turn the game on and enter into switch test mode (recommend turning on the voice, it is switch 22). Drop balls in from the top of the scoop to make sure switch is registering every drop. Make adjustments as necessary. When satisfied that the switch is 100% registering lower playfield, and now drop ball in through rear entrance behind Hellavator and again make sure the switch is 100% registering a ball that enters the scoop from this path. Once satisfied throw the glass back on and enjoy how well your AMH is playing.
[quoted image]
The blue arrows show you how I have dropped the subway as well as the additional spacers and longer screws I have used to accomplish this.
The pink box and arrows show you how the subway and the scoop ball rest area are now essentially level with one another.
The green box is highlighting the entire new scoop mechanism from pinball life. It comes with optos but you will remove those, and now have some spare optos for your parts stash. Save the screws as you will need them to attach the new 3D printed switch holder and the original scoop switch to that.
[quoted image]
The purple boxes here show you where the optos were. I removed them and saved the screws to use to attach the new 3D printed switch bracket (circled in green) from herg to the scoop, and then use the other two screws to attach the actual switch to the bracket. This switch took a good amount of adjustment to get to reliably register, but I played several games after install and it worked every time. I also used some 2-part 5-minute epoxy to make sure the 3d printed part would stay attached to the scoop, as well as hold the switch. herg used hot glue, he was concerned the holes in the bracket were too big and the screws wouldn't have a good hold, the screws from the optos seemed to work well and get a good bite on the bracket, but to be safe I also added the adhesive. In the end, I wish I had a hot glue gun as I'm sure that would have been easier, faster, and not as regrettable when I need to make an adjustment to the part in the future. I would recommend ordering a new switch with your scoop personally. Probably something like this https://www.pinballlife.com/sub-microswitch-with-19-straight-flat-actuator.html but I would measure the arm on the current switch first before you place your order, essentially the one on there is just a tad short so if you could one a bit longer it wouldn't hurt.
I do have a cliffy already installed on the machine and I kept it in place with the new scoop although I doubt it is entirely necessary I would like to keep this machine as nice as possible for my friend while it is on location.
While doing this mod I also took the time to install herg 's Wonky Star Post mod in the pop bumper area and it has seemingly alleviated that issue as well. http://ledocd.com/cart/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=2&products_id=35&zenid=cpa2snppqe62hbe56e4db40u33
I can honestly say that playing the game last night was some of the most fun I have had on it since initially owning the game 4+ years ago. Most importantly I hope my customers will be happier and I will now feel more comfortable using this game in our league and tournament events. I did not mess with my scoop coil strength at all, right now it is shooting out very fast as you can see in the video I shared to the location's facebook page (linked above). If holding the flipper up the kick-out does break the hold and cause the ball to shoot back up the playfield (typically it was hitting the Hellavtor call button stand up target, or going up the bar/war ghost lane) so I left it playing like that. If I flipped away at it I was often hitting either the ghost or the right orbit. I may mess with this setting, or more likely just leave it as it is right now because I like the game playing hard and fast.
Again huge thank you to crile1 and herg for their work. Hopefully, this helps a few more of you out there improve your AMH gameplay. Any other questions let me know I will do my best to help answer.
Video: www.facebook.com/NorthEndPubPinball/videos/345875979400315/

Thanks for taking the time to document this

2 weeks later
#1262 4 years ago
Quoted from mthirkell:

So my left slingshot is acting up a bit. It's firing when the ball even goes by it. Any ideas on how to fix the problem?

Check the Gap make sure it's not to close that can cause issues. Also make sure your using the right size rubbers for the sling.

#1275 4 years ago
Quoted from mthirkell:

So my morgue door stopped working. Tested it (door open/close) and it wouldn't move. Any advice?

check the servo motor. Its prolly bad

5 months later
#1401 4 years ago

please delete

2 months later
#1406 4 years ago

BOO lol just the thread needs a bump

4 weeks later
#1431 4 years ago
Quoted from herg:

Looking at prices, I can barely buy the parts for what the DAC board costs. I decided to just make an adapter board and use the DAC board as-is.
Starting with an open source Sparkfun design and modifying for our needs, these are probably the easiest board I've ever designed. They're also really cheap at 3 for $12 at OSHPark. I should have this order in a couple of weeks. After testing, I'll have a couple of extra, and I'll share the design on OSHPark so that others can order direct from them.[quoted image][quoted image]

I be interested in this for sure count me in if you sell

2 months later
#1488 3 years ago

Just ordered this board for the sound mod its the correct one ? https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07KFC1YTD/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00

#1490 3 years ago
Quoted from herg:

Yes, that is the correct board. It says it arrives in August, though.

Thx yeah i know most i found were the same for shipping times. But no rush i can wait if i find one that is faster i can grab it too its pretty cheap. I'm also get that adapter board and i have friend that can solder it for me. He is all ways doing stuff like this.

2 years later
#1959 1 year ago

What pin2dmd works with AMH and how do you power it ?

1 week later
#1961 1 year ago

Can someone post a picture of the complete inside the backbox showing the board and everything for AMH please ?

#1963 1 year ago
Quoted from EasternBloc:

Here ya go.
[quoted image]

Thanks do you have one with the complete back box ? I'm trying to see if i remove the backbox how how much stuff needs unhooked ect.

#1965 1 year ago
Quoted from EasternBloc:

That's the whole backbox; nothing else in there. I used this photo for reference when I had to pull the board a few years back. Really easy, just document where each molex goes or number them with painter's tape. Hope this helps. Happy to take any additional needed photos you might need after work.

What about the led strips ?

#1967 1 year ago
Quoted from EasternBloc:

The red and black lead to the topper.
[quoted image]

thx

#1968 1 year ago

So look likei would have to remove the led strips to get back box clear to remove. I guess i can get them back on pretty easy with a glue or something

#1970 1 year ago
Quoted from desertT1:

Could cut wires and add a connector in between. Might be easier than removing the strips and reattaching them.

Any idea on good connector to use ?

1 week later
#1975 1 year ago

I just got a AMH again and any idea on where to get servos and leds strips ? This one needs some minor fixes but i plan on upgrading the armor, pin2dmd, topper sound mod ect. I would of loved to get the Medisinyl mod but at time i could of gotten it money was not right. But i plan on making mine special stay tooned for pics once all done.

2 tech questions
Servo door is not right is there away to adjust or should just replace ?
Some leds on strip are out and side ones came off. Should i just replace them ?

#1977 1 year ago
Quoted from Medisinyl:

The "Axial Tactic TSX45" is a metal gear upgrade over the stock servos.
ebay.com link: itm

Thx now got to find what led strips work best. Sound mod is being done tmrw

#1978 1 year ago

Sound Mod done Not perfect but close lol

PXL_20230107_220852244~2 (resized).jpgPXL_20230107_220852244~2 (resized).jpgPXL_20230107_220918986~2 (resized).jpgPXL_20230107_220918986~2 (resized).jpg

#1979 1 year ago
Quoted from 2Kaulitz:

Sound Mod done Not perfect but close lol
[quoted image][quoted image]

Failed no sound out any ideas firmware was done b4 I did the mod.

PXL_20230108_015932252 (resized).jpgPXL_20230108_015932252 (resized).jpg
#1981 1 year ago
Quoted from benheck:

Wow that extra SD slot came in handy!
I, um, totally planned it! Yup!

Hahaha yeah it did work out nicely to o bad sound is not working :/

#1983 1 year ago
Quoted from herg:

What AV firmware version does it report when you boot? Since you are still getting audio from the stock port, that means you have some good firmware loaded. We need to confirm it's the right firmware, though.
Hardware looks OK from what I can see. Could you post some close pics of the installation?
It's also possible you just got a bad DAC board.

It's ver 70 and when boots you see 2 dots on the right side of dmd. Here are pics

PXL_20230107_220918986~3 (resized).jpgPXL_20230107_220918986~3 (resized).jpgPXL_20230108_142518624 (resized).jpgPXL_20230108_142518624 (resized).jpg
#1985 1 year ago
Quoted from herg:

It looks like jumper 3 might be connected to L, but I can't tell from the pictures because the details are blurry.
Two dots, like a colon? V70 is correct if you have the green Xpin DMD. It should say "A/V FIRMWARE: 70"

Here is a better pic and yeah like colon. Now its just showing 1 dot at boot. I think i just need to change the jumper 3 to fix. The board i got had nothing connected on any of the jumpers.

20230108_170309 (resized).jpg20230108_170309 (resized).jpg

#1987 1 year ago
Quoted from herg:

I'm confused as to what's going on there. If that's on the version display screen, it would be abnormal.

I would agree, based on what I can see. Make sure there are no copper jumpers built into the PCB. If you end up shorting H to L, it would not work, and it may even damage the DAC board.

Thanks for your help I changed the jumper 3 and now works fine. The dot is only at boot. But now just waiting on new servos and other parts to come. Any suggestions on led strips ? Mine have some not working.

#1988 1 year ago

If anyone is interested in the stock back glass or any of stock amh armor lmk will be selling soon.

#1989 1 year ago

My coin door stopped working I found this black wire from molex connecter that came off. I believe it needs to be wired to the black wire on the start switch?

PXL_20230116_180928592~2 (resized).jpgPXL_20230116_180928592~2 (resized).jpg
2 weeks later
#1990 1 year ago

Need help installed pin2dmd this what I get it also takes long time boot up the pinball. When the pin2dmd boots up it says spooky but then goes to this screen. Also sound stopped working. I discovered i used the files that were not for the ver with the sound mod and now wont update i just get that screen. I tried to recover but i have a mac and kinda works but does not seem to update the chip.

PXL_20230130_213331163 (resized).jpgPXL_20230130_213331163 (resized).jpg

#1992 1 year ago
Quoted from EasternBloc:

Curious what backglass you replaced it with.

the original green backglass

#1993 1 year ago

I attempted the Propeller recovery but both on windows and mac it flashes a error right after saying downloading.

#1996 1 year ago
Quoted from herg:

If you got the files from my website, they do support the sound mod. I don't even have non sound mod files posted.
You're seeing SFX ERROR, and it is the correct color, which means you have working firmware for your display, but it can't find the sound data on the SD card. The most common problem is the card wasn't formatted before copying files to it. Do a full format, not a quick one.
That would also explain why trying to use the recovery isn't working. It still requires that it can read the firmware file from the SD card to program it.

Ok ill try again tonight. What i mean by non sound files is i 1st used the files under the pin2dmd color dmd page not the ones under the sound upgrade page. I thought maybe they are different. One sd card i tried i get just a blank screen with the waiting for pinball to boot up. The other card i get that error but still the long wait. Anyway ill try again tonight and let you know thx for the help

#1997 1 year ago
Quoted from 2Kaulitz:

Ok ill try again tonight. What i mean by non sound files is i 1st used the files under the pin2dmd color dmd page not the ones under the sound upgrade page. I thought maybe they are different. One sd card i tried i get just a blank screen with the waiting for pinball to boot up. The other card i get that error but still the long wait. Anyway ill try again tonight and let you know thx for the help

Finally working now thx HERG for your help.

Fully Formatted a the card I was using and still the same issue with the error. Plus trying to recover got a fail.

Formatted a older card i had from the pin fully formatted and this time i got a blank screen. Then i did the recovery and it worked after that.
PXL_20230131_230235387~2 (resized).jpgPXL_20230131_230235387~2 (resized).jpgPXL_20230131_230250058~2 (resized).jpgPXL_20230131_230250058~2 (resized).jpg

20230131_175556 (resized).jpg20230131_175556 (resized).jpg
#1999 1 year ago
Quoted from herg:

The sound mod runs in parallel to the stock sound. There were already three different versions for the three different displays, which is unfortunately unavoidable. I didn't want people to have to choose from six possibilities, so I removed the versions that don't support the sound mod. I'm glad you got it working.

Again thx for your help and plus all you have done for pinball in general

#2000 1 year ago

SOLD!
Parts - For Sale
Used, good condition - “Selling a America's Most Haunted Original Back glass. It's in excellent condition. $100.00 plus shipping I can take most payment types just no PayPal at this time.”
2023-02-02
Baltimore, MD
Archived after: 5 days
Viewed: 110 times

SOLD!
Parts - For Sale
Used, good condition - “Selling a XPIN Green DMD that is in a AMH. I'm upgrading to the pin2dmd This dmd has one bad dot kinda in the middle see pics. If you have any questions please ask. I can take mos...”
2023-01-23
Baltimore, MD
Archived after: 15 days
Viewed: 453 times

Also will be selling the original Legs side Lock Bar rails back box hing set for AMH

2 weeks later
#2011 1 year ago
Quoted from JeffF:

Never thought I'd sell but some health issues popped up and I'm clearing everything out.
We've had a basement arcade for over 20 years. I'm really not sure how my wife will fill all that empty space. LOL.

Sorry to hear man that sucks . Hope all works out ok

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
6,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Maple Ridge, BC
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 19.00
Tools
PinballSolutions.eu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider 2Kaulitz.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/amh-club-a-spooky-start?tu=2Kaulitz and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.