28801E32-E2D7-4DC1-AAFD-3DCDC27A3506 (resized).jpeg
354934431_6328733057162997_6611170001532921297_n (resized).jpg
IMG_1376 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1377 (resized).jpeg
20230408_185615 (resized).jpg
20230408_192409 (resized).jpg
8A18DFE7-8CD9-4C66-B364-2F977840CBE2 (resized).jpeg
E5C304EC-9BC3-48C6-AC69-732299B19D7F (resized).jpeg
There are 2,070 posts in this topic. You are on page 8 of 42.
#351 8 years ago

What is unique about #80? I only ask because I am #81. Hopefull I get the call soon.

#352 8 years ago

Oops I'm 82. Guess I'm a little excited

#353 8 years ago

Did the Minion sticker come with the game? If so, I definitely need to hit Charlie up for one. That makes it officially an LE.

#354 8 years ago
Quoted from luckymoey:

Did the Minion sticker come with the game? If so, I definitely need did hit Charlie up for one. That makes it officially an LE.

Actually, I design it and had it made. I talked to Charlie and have his blessing on coming up with upgrades and mods for AMH. I will be offering them soon, but I first want to get everything designed, built and installed in my own machine. I will be posting all of the mods that I do in the AMH mod request thread: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/amh-mods-request

I have more installed and more in the works.

Thanks,

Steve
Pinball Refinery

#355 8 years ago
Quoted from taylor34:

I contacted him about his $8k offer, and he wants a NIB, as I was serious when I said I would sell mine for that. So I doubt he jumped on it. In any case, I put mine out on the marketplace, if anyone wants one that badly I have one that I would sell.

I am looking for one to buy -- But it has to be NIB or a good deal for one that has mods and or mint condition - Been very busy out in the field working - But would like to buy one still

#356 8 years ago
Quoted from RichieWrench:

I am looking for one to buy -- But it has to be NIB or a good deal for one that has mods and or mint condition

define "good deal"

#357 8 years ago

10.000 by Christmas

#358 8 years ago
Quoted from rockrand:

10.000 by Christmas

one if the times that may actually be true

#359 8 years ago
Quoted from RichieWrench:

I am looking for one to buy -- But it has to be NIB or a good deal for one that has mods and or mint condition - Been very busy out in the field working - But would like to buy one still

I think pretty much all of them are in mint condition outside of a couple routed ones.

#360 8 years ago

Got mine set up today - was working perfectly and just dialed in a bit of the coil strength. Going to try some of the settings others have posted here to see what works best - can't wait to play more and figure out the rules!

#361 8 years ago
Quoted from genex:

Got mine set up today - was working perfectly and just dialed in a bit of the coil strength. Going to try some of the settings others have posted here to see what works best - can't wait to play more and figure out the rules!

Congrats, welcome to the club. Hope you love it as much as I do. Can't believe one just popped up for sale already.

#362 8 years ago

Also set mine up today finally....Had to recruit a couple of neighbors to get it into the house as my back has been giving me fits.

I've only played 10 games on it, but out of those 10, I've had to lift the glass 6 times to remove the ball from sticking on the Fort entry behind the ghost and below the lower pop. The upper and lower plastic separate and the ball has been jamming in there often. A bit disappointed in this aspect as I've read back through this thread and that's a common problem it seems, so I would have thought that Spooky would have addressed this issue by now.

I've also had several balls fall behind the door on the left VUK not putting the ball into the ramp and have to wait for a ball search. Hope that's just a coil adjustment.

One last thing I noticed is that on the right hand ball guide that leads to the jump ramp, the curvature of the guide doesn't follow the plastic at all. I've got almost a 3/8" gap between the guide and the plastic behind it and it looks like a$$. It almost looks like someone at the shop bent it maybe during test play to get the ball to track right? The pictures on IPDB aren't like this at all. Anyone else have this or does the guide follow the curvature of the plastic?

Don't get me wrong. I think the game is a winner. It's brutally fast, and has some fun features, and the sounds and callouts are hilarious. I was just hoping 60 games in, that what appears to be a common issue would have been resolved by machine 65. But that not being the case, what's the most common fix to the ball sticking in this area?

#363 8 years ago
Quoted from robertmee:

The upper and lower plastic separate and the ball has been jamming in there often.

#364 8 years ago
Quoted from robertmee:

The upper and lower plastic separate and the ball has been jamming in there often.

I have had this problem since the first day playing the machine, back in January (game #25), surprised it has not been fixed as well.

#365 8 years ago
Quoted from robertmee:

I've also had several balls fall behind the door on the left VUK not putting the ball into the ramp and have to wait for a ball search. Hope that's just a coil adjustment.

Make sure your game has a solid 6.5 degrees, and is level side to side. Beyond that, test that VUK switch while in switch test with the ball. If it falls back in the VUK hole on a fail, it should be firing it right back out.

On the ball trap with the plastic lifting... we rarely see it here. Obviously it's happening because several have noticed it. Why some games do it and others don't is crazy to me. The tricky part is you can't clamp that plastic down too tight or it will bind up the ghost servo and kill it.

I'm going to see if I can do something today that can be added as a ball block for that area. For those who need it, we'll send you a free one.

#366 8 years ago

Oh, and yes... make sure the coil strength is enough to toss the ball up. We set that here at the shop, but if you have a different pitch it could potentially need a little more or less kick for consistency.

#367 8 years ago
Quoted from SpookyCharlie:

Make sure your game has a solid 6.5 degrees, and is level side to side. Beyond that, test that VUK switch while in switch test with the ball. If it falls back in the VUK hole on a fail, it should be firing it right back out.
On the ball trap with the plastic lifting... we rarely see it here. Obviously it's happening because several have noticed it. Why some games do it and others don't is crazy to me. The tricky part is you can't clamp that plastic down too tight or it will bind up the ghost servo and kill it.
I'm going to see if I can do something today that can be added as a ball block for that area. For those who need it, we'll send you a free one.

Great service. Thanks for taking the time to look into this Charlie.

#368 8 years ago

Thanks for the response, Charlie.

Game is 6.5 and level. It does shoot back if it falls in the hole. The problem I've had, and I don't remember the mode, but it shoots out, with the door closed, falls back and lands behind the door. It seems to be better now after I went through and adjusted the coil strengths based on the feedback here.

That'll be great if there's a fix for the ball stick behind the ghost. While it's not a huge issue for me, it is when the kid and wife are playing, and I have to unstick balls. It happened with both of them last night too.

Something else happened to me last night. The ball fell through the trough area into the cabinet. Don't recall anyone experiencing this yet. It looks like there's enough gap between the top of the trough rail and the underside of the apron for a ball of sufficient velocity to hit the rail, popup and fall into the cabinet.

As a side note, game is playing great otherwise....I've posted three scores above 80 mil. Just need to learn the rules better and how to maximize points

#369 8 years ago

For the ball block, I'm thinking something as simple as a rubber post that hangs from the top plastic. That would involve a replacement plastic with a hole, post and rubber.

#370 8 years ago
Quoted from robertmee:

s a side note, game is playing great otherwise....I've posted three scores above 80 mil. Just need to learn the rules better and how to maximize points

Well there's your problem... you're playing longer than we do here!

I'm working on this today. Just sent you an email... I think part of the problem is what I mentioned earlier. We don't want to over-tighten that plastic and risk the ghost servo, so some might be getting tighter than others. That would explain us not seeing it on some games vs. others.

We don't want the fix to be "tighten it down more", so I'll come up with something else today.

#371 8 years ago

I can testify to burning up my ghost servo after over tightening the plastics. Luckily very cheap replacement part ordered mine off of Amazon got 5 shipped for the price of $44.

#372 8 years ago

Well there's your problem... you're playing longer than we do here!
I'm working on this today. Just sent you an email... I think part of the problem is what I mentioned earlier. We don't want to over-tighten that plastic and risk the ghost servo, so some might be getting tighter than others. That would explain us not seeing it on some games vs. others.
We don't want the fix to be "tighten it down more", so I'll come up with something else today.

Kudos to Charlie yet again, listen to feedback from your customers and work to resolve issues timely and effectively. I can't wait to get mine, get into the 100s here quickly!!!!

#373 8 years ago

Printing a tapered wedge that we can just use super strength double sided adhesive on... that way existing games don't have to drill any holes or modify anything. Just simple and hopefully effective.

Running the part now, and we'll test it today and over the weekend. Anyone who needs it, we'll mail you one on Monday after we confirm all is well.

#374 8 years ago

Anyone who needs it, we'll mail you one on Monday after we confirm all is well.

Again, the Customer Service that is provided by Charlie and his team is second to none. I am so glad I took a chance with such a competent team and proud to be a customer.

#375 8 years ago

Great customer service! Love to see that. I can't wait for my game!!

Brian

#376 8 years ago

It's uncanny this came up, because my luck finally ran out on the servos at around 10 months/1500 plays. My ghost servo just died! I suspect my door servo is going too as I've had two recent incidents with strange door behavior and a slight burning smell coming from that servo. Are these easy to replace?

#377 8 years ago

We'll test it a bunch, but should do the trick... just lift plastic and stick. Don't even have to remove anything. 100_3078.JPG100_3078.JPG

#378 8 years ago

That should work Charlie, that has been the problem area.

Is it mounted with tape?

#379 8 years ago
Quoted from Betelgeuse:

It's uncanny this came up, because my luck finally ran out on the servos at around 10 months/1500 plays. My ghost servo just died! I suspect my door servo is going too as I've had two recent incidents with strange door behavior and a slight burning smell coming from that servo. Are these easy to replace?

Super easy and cheap... the door servo is really the one that takes abuse. If your ghost (or any servo really) is free moving it should last for years. Servos just need to be able to get where they are going cleanly. If their path is impeded they push until they can't anymore basically.

Our location game has been at Lawrence's for 16 months with several thousand plays, and we lost 1 door servo about 2 months ago. The flipper mechs need to be rebuilt in that game bad, so that says something I guess.

#380 8 years ago
Quoted from loren3233:

Is it mounted with tape?

Yep... super grip double side adhesive. Just peel & stick.

#381 8 years ago

Servos are cool but I can see now why they're rarely used on pinball.

Strange part is, the Ghost Servo carries the least load by a long shot but it's the most prone to breakage.

In the next update I want to add user-defined servo limits, ie "door open = this", "targets up = that"

#382 8 years ago

If you need one of these plastic fixes, please email: [email protected] and let her know. Will take us a few days to test / print but should have them out next week if all goes well.

#383 8 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

the Ghost Servo carries the least load by a long shot but it's the most prone to breakage.

No it's not Ben... when you move to Benton and get more in the build loop, you'll know these things.

#384 8 years ago

Charlie: dont' shy away from servos on future projects just because they might not last as long as a coil (sleeves are cheap and easy to replace). servos are much quieter, and not everything needs the kick of a solenoid (and I like the adjustable position that servos offer).

#385 8 years ago

Bible Adventures is going to be BRIMMING with servos!

#386 8 years ago

Charlie or Ben, could you describe the procedure for getting ghost in correct position on servo after removing him?

#387 8 years ago

Go into the Service menu with the ghost not installed.

Select Servos - Ghost, and set him to CENTER (or maybe it says front)

Install ghost.

#388 8 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

Bible Adventures is going to be BRIMMING with servos!

I think you mean servants.. or do you mean the servants will be controlled with servos?

Bible adventures brought biblical bouncing balls to pop bumpers in benton (say that 3 times fast)

#389 8 years ago

No it's not Ben... when you move to Benton and get more in the build loop, you'll know these things.

PARTY!!!!

#390 8 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

Go into the Service menu with the ghost not installed.
Select Servos - Ghost, and set him to CENTER (or maybe it says front)
Install ghost.

Thank you

#391 8 years ago
Quoted from toyotaboy:

I think you mean servants..

Whores of Babylon mode with have more servos than all the AMH's combined.

#392 8 years ago

Well....I officially broke the game!

I don't know how, but I entered into an endless 4-ball multiball mode. I played it for 20 minutes and got tired. I took some pictures if it will help Spooky diagnose, but attached is my score when I gave up. The details:

Game at Factory Default except coil strengths

Before Mode:

Minion Master Achieved
Hotel Ghost defeated
Photo Hunt Completed

Locked 3rd ball for Multiball and began that mode.

During Mode:

Ghost Jackpot and Hellevator Jackpots active
At first Photo Hunt, Minion Master were Solid, and Multiball completed flashing
Eventually all bottom LEDs went out indicating no modes, would occasionally flicker momentarily
Ball Save Mode constantly flashing

I trapped all four balls to let jackpots time out and nothing changed

I walked away to get my camera, and the balls continued to cycle around (drain, relaunch), but when I got back, ball save still flashing, but now all four balls into trough and game started ball search.

End Mode:

Turned Machine off

20150808_111600.jpg20150808_111600.jpg

#393 8 years ago

It's a trough switch issue, I've had it occur before. Took videos for spooky and we narrowed it down to that. I think mine was switch nearest the eject lane. Easy fix, difficult to diagnose.

#394 8 years ago

Kick 3 of 4 balls into the trough... make sure the 4th ball is sitting all the way to the right and in position to launch. If that 4th ball is bumping into the 2nd position trough switch for any reason (sticky switch, game not quite level, etc) it will confuse the game.

Guarantee that's what happened.

#395 8 years ago
Quoted from Tsskinne:

It's a trough switch issue, I've had it occur before. Took videos for spooky and we narrowed it down to that. I think mine was switch nearest the eject lane. Easy fix, difficult to diagnose.

Exactly! And thanks again for helping us diagnose that one... was driving us crazy in the shop because it wasn't a consistent issue.

Where's Heck? I'm only saying this one time.... "It's not in the code!"...

#396 8 years ago

Kick 3 of 4 balls into the trough... make sure the 4th ball is sitting all the way to the right and in position to launch. If that 4th ball is bumping into the 2nd position trough switch for any reason (sticky switch, game not quite level, etc) it will confuse the game.
Guarantee that's what happened.

Yes, but I had all 4 balls trapped, and the ball save mode never expired after several minutes. And for 20 minutes, every ball that drained was launched, so the right position switch was making, no?

#397 8 years ago

Once the game gets confused, there's no ending that unlimited ballsaver. I had a similar issue when I first got my machine. Charlie helped me track down the problem switch and I haven't had any issues since.

#398 8 years ago

Ok cool...will diagnose

#399 8 years ago

tilting will end the ball save by the way.

#400 8 years ago

Ah good to know..although I would feel dirty posting that as a high score

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

6,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Maple Ridge, BC
There are 2,070 posts in this topic. You are on page 8 of 42.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/amh-club-a-spooky-start/page/8 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.