28801E32-E2D7-4DC1-AAFD-3DCDC27A3506 (resized).jpeg
354934431_6328733057162997_6611170001532921297_n (resized).jpg
IMG_1376 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1377 (resized).jpeg
20230408_185615 (resized).jpg
20230408_192409 (resized).jpg
8A18DFE7-8CD9-4C66-B364-2F977840CBE2 (resized).jpeg
E5C304EC-9BC3-48C6-AC69-732299B19D7F (resized).jpeg

There are 2,069 posts in this topic. You are on page 7 of 42.
#301 8 years ago

Enjoy your games, and please post game numbers once you get them.

#302 8 years ago
Quoted from RustyLizard:

Thanks for the warning. That plastic is the most common place for my balls to get stuck

Ouch!

rd

#303 8 years ago

Mine is 63:

AMHx3.jpgAMHx3.jpg

#304 8 years ago

There are so many bad ball jokes in the call outs that if you played the game you would know where I was coming from.

#305 8 years ago

#62 set up at home. Arrived undamaged although the one edge of the box looks like it took a pretty good hit. Came with a keychain, autographed flyer and a spare servo motor. No plumb bob on the tilt though.

Looks great with the upgrade insert LED kit installed.

#306 8 years ago
Quoted from Tsskinne:

Warning to other owners. I switched over to Titan glow in the dark rubbers. They look awesome, but in doing so tightened the plastic around the ghost to tight burning up my servo in attract mode even. Be sure to leave that plastic pretty loose if you switch out rubbers.

Those glow in the dark look really nice. I wonder if I could get Spooky to install them for me for a small upgrade fee.

#307 8 years ago

Thanks for those numbers!

Just installed the LED upgrade kit myself--ordered from Spooky--and I'm very happy with it. Much richer colors and far less of a "washout." I supplemented in a few places with Cointaker LEDs and a color changing LED in the center Demon Battle insert (cool during attract mode) but I am very happy with the kit upgrade.

#308 8 years ago
Quoted from genex:

AMHx3.jpg
AMHx3.jpg (Click image to enlarge)

Mine is in that group too #65. I pick it up tomorrow!

#309 8 years ago
Quoted from Kerry_Richard:

Mine is in that group too #65. I pick it up tomorrow!

Hope you have a blast, Kerry! Let us know!

#310 8 years ago

Mine is one of these 3 machines, #56. Kerry, Gene and I all had our machines delivered to the same location to save on shipping. Kerry and I pick our games up today.

Quoted from genex:

Mine is 63:

AMHx3.jpg

#311 8 years ago

#66 has over 100 games on it. I changed the flipper rubbers to white. I like the feel of a soft rubber on this game. I tried superbands and didn't care for them. Dracula is the only game I like them on so far.

Going to order translucent bands for the rest of the game and try them out otherwise will switch from black to white.

Haven't installed my plastic protectors or LED's yet. Just changed the LED in one pop bumper to a cheap PBL blue so they matched.

Next up is working on eliminating stuck balls. I get a lot in a few different places but I have ideas on what I am going to do about it.

I have my coil settings pretty much where I want them now. I keep my flippers a little stronger than others have suggested but I like that this is a fast and brutal game.

AMH has been a great purchase and experience so far. I can see those who expect perfection out of the box to have a few issues but I enjoy the tweaking and adjusting of things to get it dialed in. I also adjusted the scoop so returns were stronger and more random and adjusted my sling switches to be more sensitive. I am not done with them yet but they are close so I will wait until I have the new rubber for them.

#312 8 years ago
Quoted from kbliznick:

No plumb bob on the tilt though.

Check the bottom of the cabinet... once in a while they will come loose in shipping.

Thanks everyone for the feedback! We know we didn't get everything perfect on AMH, but we never stop learning and getting better at this. Sincerely, our customers have been super cool and very patient with us. We've got a pile of games getting ready to leave over the next few weeks... still hoping we can be in our own shop come fall. This entire place is a pile of stuff everywhere right now!

#313 8 years ago
Quoted from SpookyCharlie:

Check the bottom of the cabinet... once in a while they will come loose in shipping.
Thanks everyone for the feedback! We know we didn't get everything perfect on AMH, but we never stop learning and getting better at this. Sincerely, our customers have been super cool and very patient with us. We've got a pile of games getting ready to leave over the next few weeks... still hoping we can be in our own shop come fall. This entire place is a pile of stuff everywhere right now!

Yep, there it was in the back!. Thanks again Charlie. Enjoying the game and the kids are loving it too.

#314 8 years ago

After putting on a number of games on mine I haven't had any stuck balls but did notice 2 of the other things/glitches that seem to pop up on alot of the machines.

#1 is the jump ramp, haven't fully investigated yet, but only can make the shot about 5% of the time, rest of the time it either rattles and comes back or will airball all the way to the back of the game by the pops. I may need to realign the ball guide under the hellavator as it looks to be sending the ball down into the bottom of the jump ramp.

#2 is the right scoop, sometimes it's a rocket shot, other times it's a dribble of the top of the sling. I think I have found the source of this inconsistency. I thought Spooky was using mostly off the shelf parts for the mechs, but the VUK for the scoop is custom made. There is a section of the scoop that has only 1 flat section of metal with no gussets or reinforcement. The scoop easily flexes at this point and this flexing is possibly the reason for the inconsistency. Has anyone tried welding a gusset or reinforcement onto the VUK to keep it from flexing?

Spooky_scoop_VUK.jpgSpooky_scoop_VUK.jpg

#315 8 years ago
Quoted from kbliznick:

After putting on a number of games on mine I haven't had any stuck balls but did notice 2 of the other things/glitches that seem to pop up on alot of the machines.
#1 is the jump ramp, haven't fully investigated yet, but only can make the shot about 20% of the time, rest of the time it either rattles and comes back or will airball all the way to the back of the game by the pops. I may need to realign the ball guide under the hellavator as it looks to be sending the ball down into the bottom of the jump ramp.
#2 is the right scoop, sometimes it's a rocket shot, other times it's a dribble of the top of the sling. I think I have found the source of this inconsistency. I thought Spooky was using mostly off the shelf parts for the mechs, but the VUK for the scoop is custom made. There is a section of the scoop that has only 1 flat section of metal with no gussets or reinforcement. The scoop easily flexes at this point and this flexing is likely the reason for the inconsistency. Has anyone tried welding a gusset or reinforcement onto the VUK to keep it from flexing?

Spooky_scoop_VUK.jpg

I just bent my VUK because it was soft every shot. Now it is random but more on the hard side. I like that but was thinking about making some sort of strap just to stabilize it a little.

My jump ramp works perfectly. If I shoot hard enough it clears every time. If I shoot too soft it rolls back out to the flipper. I make it a high percentage of the time.

If you have no stuck balls you are in good shape there. My worst spot is where the gap is in the plastic around the ghost my ball wedges in there under the plastic. Probably at least 30 times. I also have been stuck behind the ghost a few times, in the pops a few times, many times to the left of the left wireform and once to the right of the right wireform. All items that I will work out when I quit playing it so dang much.

#316 8 years ago
Quoted from RustyLizard:

I just bent my VUK because it was soft every shot. Now it is random but more on the hard side. I like that but was thinking about making some sort of strap just to stabilize it a little.
My jump ramp works perfectly. If I shoot hard enough it clears every time. If I shoot too soft it rolls back out to the flipper. I make it a high percentage of the time.
If you have no stuck balls you are in god shape there. My worst spot is where the gap is in the plastic around the ghost my ball wedges in there under the plastic. Probably at least 30 times. I also have been stuck behind the ghost a few times, in the pops a few times, many times to the left of the left wireform and once to the right of the right wireform. All items that I will work out when I quit playing it so dang much.

Hey Russ,
Can you take a pic of the area where it is getting stuck?

#317 8 years ago

You'll probably need to bend the ball guide under the hellevator if you get consistent rattle outs on the jump ramp. I had a thread about this a few months ago, but got flack because some people considered it 'cheating' somehow and everyone seems to have a different degree of misalignment on that ramp. You'll have to decide for yourself if it's bad enough to bend the guide.

#318 8 years ago
Quoted from TomGWI:

Hey Russ,
Can you take a pic of the area where it is getting stuck?

OK. I will go and play until it sticks so it's authentic.

#319 8 years ago
Quoted from RustyLizard:

OK. I will go and play until it sticks so it's authentic.

Is it an area where the ball is slipping under a rubber ring?

#320 8 years ago

No. Under the plastic

#321 8 years ago

There she is. Ball 2 of 3rd game. Doesn't always go that deep. FYI, I am not complaining or upset. I will fix it. Probably will need to obtain a little hardware like what is shown in 2nd pic.

image.jpgimage.jpg

image_1.jpgimage_1.jpg

#322 8 years ago

I've never had it there. I've had a handful in pops and that's it. Had to adjust hellavator switch a few times

#323 8 years ago
Quoted from RustyLizard:

There she is. Ball 2 of 3rd game. Doesn't always go that deep. FYI, I am not complaining or upset. I will fix it. Probably will need to obtain a little hardware like what is shown in 2nd pic.

image.jpg image_1.jpg

I believe my game has a plastic post and rubber ring in that spot

#324 8 years ago
Quoted from kbliznick:

I believe my game has a plastic post and rubber ring in that spot

Could I see a picture please?

#325 8 years ago

I think a part must be missing from your game Russ?
That seems liek an odd spot to have the plastic trapping the ball

#326 8 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

I think a part must be missing from your game Russ?
That seems liek an odd spot to have the plastic trapping the ball

That plastic is very loose but there is no hole in the metal guide for a post.

#327 8 years ago
Quoted from RustyLizard:

Could I see a picture please?

Something must be a miss. Have you contacted Charlie about it?
Maybe someone can send you a pic of the area. Plastic broke? Missing Post? The game hates you?

#328 8 years ago

I am trying to bug Charlie as little as possible. He's a busy guy right now. Plastic isn't broken but something might be missing.

#330 8 years ago

That looks just like mine. Is there anything holding that plastic down or is it loose and floppy?

#331 8 years ago

insert ball joke here!

#332 8 years ago
Quoted from RustyLizard:

is it loose and floppy?

Is that a quote from the game too?

rd

#333 8 years ago
Quoted from RustyLizard:

I think you're missing a star post there Russ! And really... something like that isn't "bothering me". Having you get balls stuck when it's our fault, that bothers me!

I'll have KT get you the missing part and fastener out today sir!

#334 8 years ago

I think you're missing a star post there Russ! And really... something like that isn't "bothering me". Having you get balls stuck when it's our fault, that bothers me!
I'll have KT get you the missing part and fastener out today sir!

I swear I didn't go anywhere near that game!!

#335 8 years ago
Quoted from Bryan_Kelly:

I swear I didn't go anywhere near that game!!

If you had, the game would now cost $28,500. But man would it look good!

#336 8 years ago

If you had, the game would now cost $28,500. But man would it look good!

Now you're just suckin up. You and the minions are doing just fine.

#337 8 years ago

My game got lost in shipping, but Kayte found it in the western part of the state and now it's on its way. Supposedly to arrive today before 4pm. I hope in the process of getting lost it wasn't damaged.

Shipping company was Estes, so if any of you have the choice, you might avoid. For those that have received your 'box' do you make the shipping truck wait to open and inspect or are you accepting on the condition of the box only?

#338 8 years ago

My box was damaged and a bit wet, but I could see that the game was not damaged where the box damage had occurred. I removed one side of the box and looked over the machine before accepting just to be sure.

#339 8 years ago

My game arrived safely other than the bottom has alot of scratches...game was still sitting on pallet so couldn't see them...don't know where they happened as game was packed well so may have happened prior to shipping. No big deal I guess. Only had time to put legs on before heading to party so haven't set up yet

#340 8 years ago
Quoted from RichieWrench:

Not 9...but I would buy for 8000.00. I know it is limited...but it is not the same as Big Bang Bar. I have a Big Bang Bar...and it is a 12000.00 game if u can find someone selling it for that. With that said.....my offer is good at 8000.00

Hopefully you saw the one listed today for $6500.00 with mods. That was a sweet deal.

#341 8 years ago
Quoted from jkdblaze:

Hopefully you saw the one listed today for $6500.00 with mods. That was a sweet deal.

I contacted him about his $8k offer, and he wants a NIB, as I was serious when I said I would sell mine for that. So I doubt he jumped on it. In any case, I put mine out on the marketplace, if anyone wants one that badly I have one that I would sell.

#342 8 years ago

Hey guys,

I joined the club a couple weeks ago by buying AMH #15 that PDX Monkey originally bought. What great luck I had in finding someone who was willing to sell theirs and PDX Monkey was a great seller. It has the updated lighting kit but it otherwise stock at this time. It arrived safe and sound from Portland via Precision-NAL, I set it up and started playing. It was very fast and had that just one more feeling to it that I really like. There were a couple ball sticks similar to those mentioned by others that I'll tackle in the near future.

First thing I noticed was that the Software was version 18 and the Audio/Dots was version 11. The game would occasionally stop displaying anything on the DMD screen and/or the audio would scramble. I figured it was because of the difference in versions and the fact that the new software version 20 had not been installed.

So I brought a work laptop to the game and tried to update both. I got the SD card to update to version 20 easily but I cannot get the software to update at all. There is an error message after running the pinheck program that says that a pinheck board cannot be found. I tried two different USB mini cables and had the same issue. When I plug it in, the computer tone indicating a connection sounds, the program begins and then the error. It happens on both the automatic and manual updating attempts. Has anyone else had similar issues? I'm going to get another laptop this week from a buddy and try that. I wonder if some aspect of the work laptop is preventing the update. Of course, I forgot to take pictures but hopefully the description is enough. I keep my pinball machines at our lake house so I can only attend to work/updates on the weekend. Any suggestions or solutions would be welcome.

Finally, has anyone gotten any custom pinblades or other mods done that they would like to share? I'm definitely looking to add some more items to mine.

Thanks,

Adam

#343 8 years ago

You need to have the FTDI drivers installed else the program won't find the pinHeck board.

The drivers are about 1/3 down the page on this link: http://www.benheck.com/amh/

Note: the updater does not work on Mac because of driver issues.

We're going to make the update process easier on RZ, where you just need to make an SD card. Thanks for your patience with this game!

#344 8 years ago

Thanks Ben. I knew it was likely user error. I'll try it again this weekend.

#345 8 years ago

The USB adapter in there is a fairly standard part, Windows 7 should auto-identify it if you have an internet connection.

Turn game on.

Plug in USB.

Attempt connection.

You can look in "Devices and Printers" it should show up as an FTDI device.

#346 8 years ago

Since JPOP has a wiki page now, I figured it was only fair Chuck had his own (still rough and needs things added, but it's been accepted by wikipedia)
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chuck_Emery

#347 8 years ago

AMH #71 arrived save and sound. I've started to come up with some mods...a defuse lense for the ghost on the apron and I had a numbered plaque made for my machine.

I did redo the LEDs in my machine... what a difference.

A lot more upgrades and mods coming....

Steve
Pinball Refinery

20150727_111849.jpg20150727_111849.jpg
20150729_171549.jpg20150729_171549.jpg
20150729_171424.jpg20150729_171424.jpg

#348 8 years ago

A unique AMH #80 is home (mid-January order)! I made the pickup in person & got to visit the sprawling metropolis that is Benton, WI. I highly recommend the factory tour!

Thanks to Joe for being the awesome distributor that he is. Thanks also to Charlie, KT, & the Minions for a pain-free pickup experience! (When I say pain free, I mean from my perspective. Charlie's foot, er, well, let's just say there was a mishap involving my game, a pallet jack, and one of the minions. Anyway, we hope his foot feels better soon)

#349 8 years ago

/\ you killed Charlie, Yooooooou Bastard! please dont moderate I joke I joke

#350 8 years ago

UPS crunched mine 6 weeks ago. Waiting on replacement.

Hopefully soon.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints
Tools
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
6,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Maple Ridge, BC
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
4,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Denver, CO
$ 210.00
$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 2,069 posts in this topic. You are on page 7 of 42.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/amh-club-a-spooky-start/page/7 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.