28801E32-E2D7-4DC1-AAFD-3DCDC27A3506 (resized).jpeg
354934431_6328733057162997_6611170001532921297_n (resized).jpg
IMG_1376 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1377 (resized).jpeg
20230408_185615 (resized).jpg
20230408_192409 (resized).jpg
8A18DFE7-8CD9-4C66-B364-2F977840CBE2 (resized).jpeg
E5C304EC-9BC3-48C6-AC69-732299B19D7F (resized).jpeg
There are 2,069 posts in this topic. You are on page 34 of 42.
#1651 3 years ago

I found that when I replaced mine with a new Pinball Life one, the kickout got much more reliable. I think it's worth the money.

#1652 3 years ago
Quoted from Medisinyl:

Hoping to reveal the full set in late April if possible. For now, here's a teaser of one piece of the full set I'm working on (prototype shown--some changes have already been made from this version):
It will likely be offered as an all or nothing, numbered, limited set. As all pieces will be cohesive to the "world under glass" vision for AMH, I imagine most (that like mods) would want the full set anyway once seen.

Below is an earlier prototype than the version currently in my game, but I thought a dimly lit teaser of another piece could be neat to see. Full set will help bring everything together once complete.

Vent flashes green before the ball shoots out the VUK (as if to give the impression the ball travels through the air vent). Will have video once I do the proper reveal. Keeping some mystery for now.

Hard to see in this pic, but green feet similar to those on the right ramp are present in the attic here.

Structure around the door adds a lot IMO, and even enhances the perception of the creaking and slamming audio effects for the door (hard to sense a real door slam with a free floating door ).

Lit sign theater name was a mash up of what that door is used for in the game, and the cult 1980 horror film, "The Gates of Hell" seemed perfect to throw a reference to Ben "Heck," especially with the door factor.

Will show more within a couple weeks hopefully. The widest section has yet to be shown.

20210404_104402 (resized).jpg20210404_104402 (resized).jpg

#1653 3 years ago
Quoted from Medisinyl:

Below is an earlier prototype than the version currently in my game, but I thought a dimly lit teaser of another piece could be neat to see. Full set will help bring everything together once complete.
Vent flashes green before the ball shoots out the VUK (as if to give the impression the ball travels through the air vent). Will have video once I do the proper reveal. Keeping some mystery for now.
Hard to see in this pic, but green feet similar to those on the right ramp are present in the attic here.
Structure around the door adds a lot IMO, and even enhances the perception of the creaking and slamming audio effects for the door (hard to sense a real door slam with a free floating door ).
Lit sign theater name was a mash up of what that door is used for in the game, and the cult 1980 horror film, "The Gates of Hell" seemed perfect to throw a reference to Ben "Heck," especially with the door factor.
Will show more within a couple weeks hopefully.
[quoted image]

Looking great! Can't wait to see more!

#1654 3 years ago
Quoted from Medisinyl:

Hoping to reveal the full set in late April if possible. For now, here's a teaser of one piece of the full set I'm working on (prototype shown--some changes have already been made from this version):
It will likely be offered as an all or nothing, numbered, limited set. As all pieces will be cohesive to the "world under glass" vision for AMH, I imagine most (that like mods) would want the full set anyway once seen.

great work.. when I owned the game I definitely thought "With some 3d printing this game could look even better".

#1655 3 years ago
Quoted from toyotaboy:

great work.. when I owned the game I definitely thought "With some 3d printing this game could look even better".

Well it has a decent amount. Like most of the ghosts were done on my old Makerbot (which someone STILL works)

We just didn't have the "printer bandwidth" to do more than we did. Now Spooky have like 15 printers haha.

#1656 3 years ago

Can't wait to see more.

Screenshot_20210404-115534 (resized).pngScreenshot_20210404-115534 (resized).png

#1657 3 years ago

put my AMH out on the sidewalk last night and introduced several folks to it

genex2021_0516 (resized).jpggenex2021_0516 (resized).jpggenex2021_0519 (resized).jpggenex2021_0519 (resized).jpg
#1658 3 years ago

Love these mods!

#1659 3 years ago

It is the greatest ghost hunting themed pinball machine not designed by a pedophile in history!

3 weeks later
#1660 2 years ago
Quoted from Medisinyl:

Had a bit of a development hiatus (focusing on order backlogs), but am making progress here again.

For those curious, here's a peek at the progression of the elevator segment that was teased in the video linked in the quote.

Can better see where the breaks were headed in mating up to the factory plastic, and there's also now a piece to raise the factory plastic (with matching boards).

Pic shows a test size prototype (without moulding) that I'm experimenting with finish options on.

Hand painting the grooves with dark stain, then sanding the top. Middle section is bare after sanding, matte on the right, and gloss on the left. Making all the parts as bright as the factory plastic wouldn't look right, so working toward blending it all as well as possible. I'll have a better idea once I finish the portion behind that will have some lighting.

Eventually I'll make a dedicated thread when a full reveal is more imminent.

20210505_154205 (resized).jpg20210505_154205 (resized).jpg

Quoted from benheck:

It is the greatest ghost hunting themed pinball machine not designed by a pedophile in history!

The mechs in AMH are more exciting than anything in GB IMO, and the way certain aspects are coded are far more engaging and creative (for one, fighting the door being held by the ghost has the player genuinely interacting with a world under glass/DMD animation, in a way I rarely see even thought of in other games).

I like both games, but GB would leave first.

#1661 2 years ago

Thanks for the kind words. I'm excited for ya'll to play my GAME NUMBER 3!

#1662 2 years ago
Quoted from Medisinyl:

The mechs in AMH are more exciting than anything in GB IMO

Ghostbusters sucks.

AMH doesn’t.

Easy.

rd

#1663 2 years ago

I got a GB Premium when they first came out. I'm a big fan of the movie, but I sold that game in less than a year. They just didn't capture the things that make GB great... as if it was made by guys that had only seen the trailer for the movie. The modes got repetetive quickly too. I also got AMH when it first came out and I still have that machine! It's massively underrated, imo. Some of the most creative mechs in modern pinball.

#1664 2 years ago

I've had AMH for over 4 years now and isn't leaving anytime soon! I still hear callouts that I haven't heard before and never gotten near Demon Battle yet.

Quoted from benheck:

Any details you can reveal at this time?

#1665 2 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

My Cinco de Mayo wasn’t THAT fun, but I’m drawing a blank on game 2.

#1666 2 years ago
Quoted from desertT1:

My Cinco de Mayo wasn’t THAT fun, but I’m drawing a blank on game 2.

AMH is #2. Bill Paxton pinball (I think it ended up at LTG's?) was the first.

#1667 2 years ago

Our main goal is to put all of the magic ON THE PLAYFIELD where it belongs - not in hinges or LCDs. There are some amazing mechs.

I am also doing the code since that's a big thing people liked about AMH.

#1668 2 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

Our main goal is to put all of the magic ON THE PLAYFIELD where it belongs - not in hinges or LCDs. There are some amazing mechs.
I am also doing the code since that's a big thing people liked about AMH.

Awesome news!
AMH is a family favorite. 295B8F81-0C0C-4714-9958-A31D4E010984 (resized).jpeg295B8F81-0C0C-4714-9958-A31D4E010984 (resized).jpeg

#1669 2 years ago
Quoted from boustrophedonic:

AMH is #2. Bill Paxton pinball (I think it ended up at LTG's?) was the first.

Doh, I even knew that.

#1670 2 years ago

Haha, those kids look enraptured!

Glad you enjoy the game! We do a "spiritual sequel" after my CGC game for Spooky's 10 year anniversary.

#1671 2 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

Haha, those kids look enraptured!

THEATER GHOST is what they always want me to shoot for. It’s too funny when they try to call out my shots during the game.
Great Little Ghost Hunters they are.

#1672 2 years ago
Quoted from Medisinyl:

Had a bit of a development hiatus (focusing on order backlogs), but am making progress here again.
For those curious, here's a peek at the progression of the elevator segment that was teased in the video linked in the quote.
Can better see where the breaks were headed in mating up to the factory plastic, and there's also now a piece to raise the factory plastic (with matching boards).
Pic shows a test size prototype (without moulding) that I'm experimenting with finish options on.
Hand painting the grooves with dark stain, then sanding the top. Middle section is bare after sanding, matte on the right, and gloss on the left. Making all the parts as bright as the factory plastic wouldn't look right, so working toward blending it all as well as possible. I'll have a better idea once I finish the portion behind that will have some lighting.
Eventually I'll make a dedicated thread when a full reveal is more imminent.
[quoted image]

The mechs in AMH are more exciting than anything in GB IMO, and the way certain aspects are coded are far more engaging and creative (for one, fighting the door being held by the ghost has the player genuinely interacting with a world under glass/DMD animation, in a way I rarely see even thought of in other games).
I like both games, but GB would leave first.

Last couple teaser photos I'll add to the club thread (not sure if the majority enjoys seeing such projects, or if I'm cluttering the thread). Still need to add the dial, motor, lighting, etc., but getting close to a first build of a production version of the elevator (more to show eventually). There's a few detail enhancements since the quoted prototype image.

For the top, I ultimately went with the gloss clear, then sanding most of the sheen off the top after it cures (that's blending the mod and factory parts well in person now).

Quoted from benheck:

Well it has a decent amount. Like most of the ghosts were done on my old Makerbot (which someone STILL works)
We just didn't have the "printer bandwidth" to do more than we did. Now Spooky have like 15 printers haha.

I do question what game designers think when I mod their games. I'm well aware creativity isn't the bottleneck, and one of the highlights of my life was when Charlie bought my first RZ mod.

AMH is a gem in the world of pinball IMO. The self-aware cheese factor is there, along with brilliant coding. Every time I play, I think to myself, "this couldn't possibly be made today."

20210509_023125 (resized).jpg20210509_023125 (resized).jpg20210509_023156 (resized).jpg20210509_023156 (resized).jpg

#1673 2 years ago

That looks fantastic!!!

#1674 2 years ago

That is so awesome!

Gotta remember AMH was made super low budget. Compare it to say Alice Cooper's sculpts. Night and day.

We each had a single 3D printer back then and would both make parts. Whenever I wasn't using mine for work I'd print ghosts and drop then off when visiting Spooky. Now they have like 15 printers running constantly.

It's nice to see AMH get some love. Obviously I'm biased but yeah, I think it's underrated Also wish we hadn't limited it to 150, could have easily sold another 50-100 by the end but we had to commit to the 150 which we had set to create FOMO when sales were low.

#1675 2 years ago

Looking forward to seeing the whole product, Medisinyl ! Really dig your creations. I thought a bit of taxidermy would fit into the whole aesthetic and when I found this mini Badger mount I knew it was meant to be.

20A57E3B-784A-4750-9E13-8BF4AED7C689 (resized).jpeg20A57E3B-784A-4750-9E13-8BF4AED7C689 (resized).jpeg
#1676 2 years ago
Quoted from EasternBloc:

Looking forward to seeing the whole product, Medisinyl ! Really dig your creations. I thought a bit of taxidermy would fit into the whole aesthetic and when I found this mini Badger mount I knew it was meant to be.
[quoted image]

Ha, reminds me of this photo I took in Vegas some years back (though this one may be better suited toward producing toppers for Thunderbirds).

Glad you're digging the mods

20171221_200945 (resized).jpg20171221_200945 (resized).jpg

1 month later
#1677 2 years ago

Okay, one last teaser post. Thread seems too quiet

Backboard panels before installing the flickering sconces (EDIT: added a pic with unlit sconces). Middle light is shown, but it will have a flicker circuit added to it for the haunted lighting effect (looks yellow in person).

This expands beyond the factory backboard, filling out the gaps. Of course it makes more sense once seen installed, but I'll hold that back for a full reveal.

The frame colors mostly correspond with the character's mode color, and this slightly cartoony approach better blended with the playfield, etc. than more realistic options. Theater ghost peers out from a section of broken wall (continuing the broken wood theme from the factory hotel plastic).

20210613_025720 (resized).jpg20210613_025720 (resized).jpg
20210613_044859 (resized).jpg20210613_044859 (resized).jpg

20210613_080639 (resized).jpg20210613_080639 (resized).jpg
#1678 2 years ago

Having a small issue. After playing for 30-45 minutes straight the flippers are starting to stick up as they heat up I guess. Quick few presses of the buttons drops them.

Any suggestions why this is happening and what to do about it? Txs guys

#1679 2 years ago

Been on an AMH binge lately. Having a great time, but the game is kicking my butt. On a “good” game, I can usually string together a couple of modes and reach 1 of the 4 objectives. Generally, I’ll plunge into the pops to progress towards bar/army ghost, avoid shooting the door or demon unless it’s a save shot, and try not to miss the hellavator shot as that’s usually an instant drain if you don’t make it all the way up…. What’s your strategy for progression and/or scoring?

#1680 2 years ago

Here is some inspiration I found on YouTube.

#1681 2 years ago
Quoted from extraballingtmc:

Having a small issue. After playing for 30-45 minutes straight the flippers are starting to stick up as they heat up I guess. Quick few presses of the buttons drops them.
Any suggestions why this is happening and what to do about it? Txs guys

It might be time for a clean and rebuild. I had the flippers stick on some other pins, range from Opto switches to worn out parts or general cleaning. Time to lift the hood do some maintenance.

#1682 2 years ago
Quoted from Rascal-911:

It might be time for a clean and rebuild. I had the flippers stick on some other pins, range from Opto switches to worn out parts or general cleaning. Time to lift the hood do some maintenance.

Agree - my first thought is to pull up the playfield and make sure the plunger on the flipper coils goes smoothly through the sleeves without catching. If they’re getting caught up, you may just have a build up of grime/coil dust. How many plays does your AMH have?

#1683 2 years ago

I have never looked to see total games played. It has been through a couple owners, so it is gonna be a bunch, but she is still in great shape, and plays very well. Had very little trouble with her over the years.

#1684 2 years ago

Once I brought in RM I had this happen to my AMH. I don’t have a ceiling light there. I’m assuming it’s some sort of flash or is it?
Haunted…you be the judge?
0A359A6F-B116-480C-9DBD-B3EB28493731 (resized).jpeg0A359A6F-B116-480C-9DBD-B3EB28493731 (resized).jpegBFF1E170-599C-4A1D-BD16-0918FBFCBFBE (resized).jpegBFF1E170-599C-4A1D-BD16-0918FBFCBFBE (resized).jpeg

#1685 2 years ago

Still don't know why Kaneda hates the art so much. (ok the PF is pretty lame)

#1686 2 years ago

I love the art and theme.

AMH is one of my favorite games. I enjoy the campy call outs. It’s wonky and worth more to me in happiness than dollars.

#1687 2 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

Still don't know why Kaneda hates the art so much. (ok the PF is pretty lame)

Yeah, I'm not sure either. Looks pretty good to me.

Quoted from Nevus:

I love the art and theme.
AMH is one of my favorite games. I enjoy the campy call outs. It’s wonky and worth more to me in happiness than dollars.

I love the game too. It's just a good all around package.

#1688 2 years ago

The AMH “call-outs” and music are outstanding.
Who were those people?

#1689 2 years ago
Quoted from PaulCoff:

Who were those people?

Bryan Kelly
Dennis Nordman
Not-Daphne from the backglass
Ben Heck
Ben Heck’s podcast cohost

People like that.

#1690 2 years ago
Quoted from PaulCoff:

Who were those people?

The one that gets harrassed by the boob ghost is ben's friend Jones

1 week later
#1692 2 years ago

I'm getting the dirty pool on repeat problem. I checked the board and connectors. Starts right at a new game. The door will also open which leads me to believe it could be the double IR? Does that sound possible? Does s anyone know where to buy this part and the optos?

Thanks

#1693 2 years ago
Quoted from Timfenske11:

I'm getting the dirty pool on repeat problem. I checked the board and connectors. Starts right at a new game. The door will also open which leads me to believe it could be the double IR? Does that sound possible? Does s anyone know where to buy this part and the optos?
Thanks

Don’t play around with it. The Bally Williams optos from pinball life work fine. Pull the assembly and change them. Screwed around for 6 months trying to get it figured out. Start with the opto and report back

#1694 2 years ago
Quoted from Timfenske11:

Thanks

Yeah probably the dual emiiter.

#1695 2 years ago
Quoted from Medisinyl:

Okay, one last teaser post. Thread seems too quiet
Backboard panels before installing the flickering sconces (EDIT: added a pic with unlit sconces). Middle light is shown, but it will have a flicker circuit added to it for the haunted lighting effect (looks yellow in person).
This expands beyond the factory backboard, filling out the gaps. Of course it makes more sense once seen installed, but I'll hold that back for a full reveal.
The frame colors mostly correspond with the character's mode color, and this slightly cartoony approach better blended with the playfield, etc. than more realistic options. Theater ghost peers out from a section of broken wall (continuing the broken wood theme from the factory hotel plastic).
[quoted image]
[quoted image][quoted image]

The mod set is now essentially complete. There's a few tweaks to get to, but hoping for a reveal by the end of next week.

Here's the left pop bumper cap for now. The brim is shortened near the ramp to prevent a ball trap, but unnoticed once installed.

I know the game art depicts the bottle as brown, but this works better IMO, and still matches the general appearance. It's my first time using PETG, which was a pain to dial in, but it's much stronger than PLA, and the only material I could find to get this dark, transparent green.

The bottle and letters light up with the pop bumper light (will show at reveal). There's also a bar counter that lifts when the ball passes through in either direction, and a couple other pieces to show
20210630_192454 (resized).jpg20210630_192454 (resized).jpg

#1696 2 years ago
Quoted from Medisinyl:

The mod set is now essentially complete. There's a few tweaks to get to, but hoping for a reveal by the end of next week.
Here's the left pop bumper cap for now. The brim is shortened near the ramp to prevent a ball trap, but unnoticed once installed.
I know the game art depicts the bottle as brown, but this works better IMO, and still matches the general appearance. It's my first time using PETG, which was a pain to dial in, but it's much stronger than PLA, and the only material I could find to get this dark, transparent green.
The bottle and letters light up with the pop bumper light (will show at reveal). There's also a bar counter that lifts when the ball passes through in either direction, and a couple other pieces to show
[quoted image]

Awesome! Can’t wait to see it all together.

#1697 2 years ago

Good news.
Im looking forward to the full reveal.

#1698 2 years ago
Quoted from RebelGuitars:

Awesome! Can’t wait to see it all together.

Quoted from Nevus:

Good news.
Im looking forward to the full reveal.

I appreciate the encouragement

I don't know if it will sell many sets, and it will be limited in some fashion, but I hope it's at least something entertaining for everyone to see.

----------

For those that like seeing the process, here's a few comparison shots of the key box.

[unnecessary details below ]

One shows the finished piece near one that came off the print bed (slightly different as it was a previous prototype).

The others show some stages of the evolution.

First was just for basic measurements.

Second to test new measurements and add basic wood sculpting (slightly slanted at the back to accommodate the new backboard set).

Third added the key box, but it wound up too short in scale to the lobby table (replacement for the blue ORB guides). I also needed to take the picture frames into account.

Fourth has a taller key box, but I wanted more detail on the key # plaques.

Fifth added the simple plaque detail that works well at this scale/distance, and also a bit more detail to the broken wood. This was the only one that got any clear coat (some areas sanded again afterward).

------

Still aiming for a reveal by the end of the week.
20210704_051928 (resized).jpg20210704_051928 (resized).jpg20210704_052338 (resized).jpg20210704_052338 (resized).jpg20210704_052442 (resized).jpg20210704_052442 (resized).jpg

#1700 2 years ago

I'm definitely in for a set. Looks great!

Anybody know what opto switches to replace the metal whisker switches with? Does it matter?
Tired of adjusting the original ones.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
5,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Atoka, TN
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 210.00
$ 19.00
Tools
PinballSolutions.eu

6,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Maple Ridge, BC
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 2,069 posts in this topic. You are on page 34 of 42.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/amh-club-a-spooky-start/page/34?hl=timfenske11 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.