28801E32-E2D7-4DC1-AAFD-3DCDC27A3506 (resized).jpeg
354934431_6328733057162997_6611170001532921297_n (resized).jpg
IMG_1376 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1377 (resized).jpeg
20230408_185615 (resized).jpg
20230408_192409 (resized).jpg
8A18DFE7-8CD9-4C66-B364-2F977840CBE2 (resized).jpeg
E5C304EC-9BC3-48C6-AC69-732299B19D7F (resized).jpeg

There are 2,069 posts in this topic. You are on page 28 of 42.
#1351 4 years ago
Quoted from herg:

betelgeuse did it first using an actual clothespin. I copied his idea using a 3D print. It adjusts the end of the ball guide and also extends it a bit to avoid having the ball hit the end of the ramp wall.[quoted image]

Do you have a file or can we buy it from you? I am getting a list of all the available 3d print fixes that have been posted including your wonky pop bumper post. Want to order them all at once and then next time I am working on the game install everything at once.

#1352 4 years ago
Quoted from dung:

Do you have a file or can we buy it from you? I am getting a list of all the available 3d print fixes that have been posted including your wonky pop bumper post. Want to order them all at once and then next time I am working on the game install everything at once.

im willing to 3d print any parts for a small fee, name your color

#1354 4 years ago

Color Dmd added thx to Ptolemy and Herg. Pics up of attract mode. It really Looks awesome. I went with pin2dmd and installation was a breeze until I screwed up the SD card. Pinsider Ptolemy drove to my house the next morning and had me up and running in 10 min. Great support !

Adding a few spots and an extra 3D printed ghost

A6AAC71E-7DAB-408F-9606-4B0FC4BEF8CD (resized).jpegA6AAC71E-7DAB-408F-9606-4B0FC4BEF8CD (resized).jpeg
#1355 4 years ago

Just curious if everyone has the red shooter spinng? def hard to pull. Was wondering if green or one of the other colors would be better.

#1356 4 years ago

Listing my xpin green dmd in marketplace for $125 shipped if any owners want a back up. Lightly used before I swapped to pin2dmd color.

#1357 4 years ago
Quoted from billsfanmd:

Listing my xpin green dmd in marketplace for $125 shipped if any owners want a back up. Lightly used before I swapped to pin2dmd color.

I might be interested.

#1358 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinball_Freak:

Yeh BG is pealing but Spooky are sending new ones to Australia in container with ACNC’s and some TNA’s due end Juneish. Even though out of warranty Spooky are replacing them for us. Cheers

New Backglass received and installed. Thank you SpookyCharlie - much appreciated. That's what you call service.

2 months later
#1359 4 years ago

Can somebody see where this connector goes on their AMH? It's a four pin connector and there are five pins(no keying unfortunately). The PCB is for the IR sensors and servos.

Thanks.

0915192146 (resized).jpg0915192146 (resized).jpg0915192149 (resized).jpg0915192149 (resized).jpg
#1360 4 years ago

Does this help?

Rascal SD Pictures 1898 (resized).JPGRascal SD Pictures 1898 (resized).JPGRascal SD Pictures 1900 (resized).JPGRascal SD Pictures 1900 (resized).JPG
#1361 4 years ago

Yep, thanks!

#1362 4 years ago

Hi everyone,
I have a new color display for amh from Harold at ledocd that I am wanting to sell, I was looking at purchasing this game but have decided not to so no longer need the display. shoot me a pm if you are interested.
cheers
Trevor

#1363 4 years ago

Does anyone have the part number for the IR transmitter/receiver at DigiKey or Mouser or Newark or eBay even? I'm having a little "Dirty Pool" problem and I already reflowed all the solder joints on the IR/servo PCB and I also cleaned and aimed the transmitter and receiver. Just want to make sure I get compatible parts the first order.

#1364 4 years ago

Trying to install the hellevator fix but there is not any info. Looking at my game I do not see how you are supposed to connect it to anything? Am I missing something?

https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:2236805

IMG_20190921_214145 (resized).jpgIMG_20190921_214145 (resized).jpg
#1365 4 years ago
Quoted from dung:

Trying to install the hellevator fix but there is not any info. Looking at my game I do not see how you are supposed to connect it to anything? Am I missing something?

https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:2236805

that's mine.. the 2 thin prongs slides over the sheet metal on the far wall

#1366 4 years ago
Quoted from toyotaboy:

that's mine.. the 2 thin prongs slides over the sheet metal on the far wall

It works, just amazed that stock there is an exposed screw in a place a ball and can potentially hit. First time I have run across that.

#1367 4 years ago

Really fucking starting to hate this machine. Everytime i fix an issue a new one crops up. Currently the door opto won't work with the playfield down. This is just after i replaced the door servo. Before that it was the ghost servo. Game still randomly kicks out two balls sometimes.

Best part is my backglass is seems to peel in spots whenever you move it. Of all the games i work on this has been the biggest god damned headache. Im about ready to take a hammer to the damn thing

#1368 4 years ago

That is bizarre. When I first got mine I had the double ball launch occasionally and a couple other bugs, but it has been solid ever since and the double ball launch seems to just went away?

#1369 4 years ago

Well the opto turned out to be bad connections at the idc plugs. Those are now molex. Then spent an hour tweaking the damn plastic that holds the ghost as it kept causing the servo to bind when turning right

My guess on the double ball launch is the kicker having so much slop it can hit the switch but that is just a theory.

#1370 4 years ago
Quoted from dung:

Then spent an hour tweaking the damn plastic that holds the ghost as it kept causing the servo to bind when turning right

I forget what the fix is for that.. maybe a spacer that bumps the servo up to allow more gap between the ghost and the platic? All I know is that by the time my game was built (90 something) the fix was already installed.

#1371 4 years ago

I would love to know. It is a nightmare to get everything right when you do have to take it apart.

1 week later
#1372 4 years ago

Finally got around to installing the LED OCD I purchased a couple of months ago. While it doesn't officially support AMH(I assume because the main PCB is physically laid out different from other Spooky games), it wasn't too bad an install really.

And after messing with the settings for about 45 mins I can honestly say it improves the LEDs appearance tenfold on this game. That extremely annoying flicker is almost 100% gone!

I can't wait to play around some more with this great kit! Next thing I want to try changing from non-ghosting bulbs to normal bulbs. In reading about the LED OCD I see those are supposed to be better since you can control them over a wider range. Sounds good to me.

Man I love this game!

1005190931c (resized).jpg1005190931c (resized).jpg1005190931b (resized).jpg1005190931b (resized).jpg1005190931 (resized).jpg1005190931 (resized).jpg
#1373 4 years ago
Quoted from JeffF:

Finally got around to installing the LED OCD I purchased a couple of months ago. While it doesn't officially support AMH(I assume because the main PCB is physically laid out different from other Spooky games), it wasn't too bad an install really.
And after messing with the settings for about 45 mins I can honestly say it improves the LEDs appearance tenfold on this game. That extremely annoying flicker is almost 100% gone!
I can't wait to play around some more with this great kit! Next thing I want to try changing from non-ghosting bulbs to normal bulbs. In reading about the LED OCD I see those are supposed to be better since you can control them over a wider range. Sounds good to me.
Man I love this game![quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Nice, creative install. It looks much nicer than mine.

#1374 4 years ago
Quoted from herg:

Nice, creative install. It looks much nicer than mine.

Thanks herg!

Quick question, do you think it'd be worth it to change from non-ghosting LEDs to standard LEDs? Money wise it's not much but time wise it's a little involved. Just curious if it's enough of a "wow" factor to justify.

Thanks again for everything!

#1375 4 years ago

If you've already used the software to tweak the lower end brightness, I'd say the difference is minimal. I almost always change the bulbs, myself, but I also like to play with color choices.

#1376 4 years ago
Quoted from herg:

If you've already used the software to tweak the lower end brightness, I'd say the difference is minimal. I almost always change the bulbs, myself, but I also like to play with color choices.

My daughter and I love to play around with LED colors so that part was done with the switch to the non-ghosting bulbs. And yeah, tweaking that low end really helped a lot! Also depending on the colors, I noticed a little bit of top end tweaking seemed to even out brightness differences. I'm using 70%, 80% and 100% there and I love how the game looks while it's waiting to be played running the demo mode.

I think I'll just leave the bulbs alone then.

#1377 4 years ago

Selling my AMH since my brother also has one. No need for two of them in the family.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/for-sale-america-s-most-haunted-11

Paul

1 week later
#1378 4 years ago

I'm 99% sure the answer is no but... are schematics available for the PCB?

My game has had an issue with the scoop flasher since I bought it(come to find out this flasher was disconnected before I took possession). If I put a bulb in the flasher it affects other lamps. I tried swapping the lamp controller chip, adding diodes to the flashers since my game didn't have any, checking diodes in about 75% of the lamp sockets, comparing measurements of all the lamp transistors(they all seem good), and I can't figure it out.

I'd love to be able to trace back from the scoop flasher on paper to see where I should be looking. I know I can remove the PCB and do it that way but I like paper.

On top of everything, this is a prototype machine so the wiring is random colors. I've started to trace out the offending lamp row and column wiring to see if maybe there is a transposed wire somewhere but so far no.

Good thing is if I pull the scoop flasher bulb, all the other bulbs work fine-ish. I say "-ish" because once I added an LED OCD I have two bulbs that slightly ghost in the scoop flasher's lamp column. This has motivated me to once again try and fix whatever is going on.

#1379 4 years ago
Quoted from JeffF:

are schematics available for the PCB?

If they did, they've been scrubbed. Homepin practically copied the board/code to run thunderbirds. There's a pinwiki but it's very scarce with info
http://pinwiki.com/wiki/index.php?title=PinHeck_System

Seeing how Pinheck2 board is not very different (only updated to run color dmd) that's 400 games without schematics to make repairs.

#1380 4 years ago
Quoted from toyotaboy:

If they did, they've been scrubbed. Homepin practically copied the board/code to run thunderbirds.

Well that's stupid.

Thanks for the heads-up.

#1381 4 years ago

I should ask Charlie if I can put the schematics on Github.

RZ/dom/jet are mostly the same as AMH but the board is four layer, better power conditioning, improved fuses and some cost reduction in ICs.

#1382 4 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

RZ/dom/jet are mostly the same as AMH but the board is four layer, better power conditioning, improved fuses and some cost reduction in ICs.

Was gonna say “if only the guy who designed the board could point you in a direction”

#1383 4 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

That would be great!

Any idea if there are replacement PCBs available for AMH? I wouldn't mind having a spare on hand... "just in case".

#1384 4 years ago
Quoted from JeffF:

Good thing is if I pull the scoop flasher bulb, all the other bulbs work fine-

In case you didn't realize, there are no genuine flashers on AMH. Regular super bright LEDs were originally used in the flasher domes. Maybe try a regular LED and see if it works?

#1385 4 years ago

Has anyone come up with kind of a pin stadium lighting? Would love to lighten Game up some

1 week later
#1386 4 years ago
Quoted from Betelgeuse:

In case you didn't realize, there are no genuine flashers on AMH. Regular super bright LEDs were originally used in the flasher domes. Maybe try a regular LED and see if it works?

Yeah, I did know that but thanks a lot for the suggestion.

I'm to the point of wanting to send this board to someone with an AMH for them to swap into their machine to see if I have a wiring issue or a board issue. I'm usually pretty decent at these things but I'm at a loss right now. I'm really leaning towards a wiring issue but I'd love to verify the PCB one way or the other.

If anyone is up for such a thing let me know.

OR... I'd love to buy a spare PCB to have as a spare. If anybody knows how to obtain one shoot me a PM.

#1387 4 years ago

Granted, this is the REV7 design, but the lamp matrix really did not change between the two:
https://github.com/LonghornEngineer/Pinheck_Pinball_System/tree/master/Hardware/Pinheck%20Main%20Board

Which bulbs are the problem? This is what I have for the column that includes the scoop flasher:
61,Upper Left Flasher
62,Hell Flasher
63,Scoop Flasher
64,Photo Hunt
65,Army Ghost
66,Bar Ghost
67,Spirit Guide
68,Basement Camera

Have you tried single lamp test within the game or test mode using the LED OCD software?

I also have a Siegecraft lamp matrix tester and harness that is great for determining whether the driver or wiring is at fault. If I could be assured of getting it back, I could lend it to you.
http://www.siegecraft.us/presta/index.php?id_product=11&controller=product&id_lang=1

#1388 4 years ago

Thanks a ton for the information and the offer on the matrix tester! I can't believe all the information on github... I Google searched so many combinations on Pinheck, schematics, spooky, amh, america's most haunted, etc. and never came across it. THANK YOU!

Right now I am in an email exchange with Charlie and he graciously sent the matrix charts for the prototypes(which includes the wiring harness colors). I'm going to remove the LED OCD this weekend and start fresh with this scoop flasher issue. I have to be missing something simple. It's only a lamp matrix and those have been around forever.

I'll let you know how it goes(hopefully it goes with me being stupid and overlooking something) and if I could use that tester. I can send you a "rental deposit" to ease your mind if I do.

#1389 4 years ago
Quoted from herg:

I also have a Siegecraft lamp matrix tester and harness that is great for determining whether the driver or wiring is at fault.
http://www.siegecraft.us/presta/index.php?id_product=11&controller=product&id_lang=1

Just looked at that page, nice. I ended up buying one since I love gadgets and it was only ~$20 shipped.

#1390 4 years ago
Quoted from JeffF:

Just looked at that page, nice. I ended up buying one since I love gadgets and it was only ~$20 shipped.

It's a great tool and well worth the money. I've used mine to test thousands of boards, so I've definitely gotten my money's worth, but even for tracking down a single lamp matrix issue, it will pay for itself in time saved. The only issue is having to build your own harness for it, but judging by your installation, you've got that whipped.

#1391 4 years ago

So I just spent a little while getting the game back to stock and going through the test mode without and then with the scoop flasher installed. Here are the results...

Without the scoop flasher bulb installed... ALL LIGHTS ACT AS NORMAL(except the scoop flasher doesn't light of course).

With the scoop flasher bulb installed...
AMH-lamptest 1 (resized).jpgAMH-lamptest 1 (resized).jpg
AMH-lamptest 2 (resized).jpgAMH-lamptest 2 (resized).jpg
NOTE: The first column in my hand written chart is what bulb is being tested. The next column is what bulbs *in addition to the bulb being tested* also light up.

Also of note, my game did NOT have diodes installed for the "flasher" sockets. According to Charlie they should have(which makes sense) so I added them. The results above are with those installed.

I did notice that I didn't have to actually install a bulb in the scoop flasher to make the craziness above happen. Just putting a diode in the socket resulted in the same nutty results.

Added over 4 years ago:

I was wrong in every way so ignore this post. LOL.

#1392 4 years ago
Quoted from JeffF:

Just putting a diode in the socket resulted in the same nutty results.

Hmmm... Something's wrong there. If a lamp matrix diode is installed properly, it needs the lamp to complete a circuit. It should look like this:

Column wire ------- ->|- Diode--------Lamp-------- Row wire

The diode needs to be used to prevent the reverse flow of current through the lamp matrix. If you install it like you would for "normal" flasher/coil circuit, it won't work correctly for this lamp matrix flasher configuration.

#1393 4 years ago

Oh geeze... thank you. Will correct that and test again.

I am really, really hoping my stupidity is just masking a simple issue. LOL.

#1394 4 years ago

I was going to take a picture of mine, but when I opened it up, I found that mine is attached to GI4 rather than the lamp matrix.

Then, I looked at the code, and sure enough, it is using GI4 to control that flasher.

Anyway, here's a picture of how mine connects.

20191027_110204 (resized).jpg20191027_110204 (resized).jpg
#1395 4 years ago

Ok then. LOL. I'll have to trace the wiring back from the PCB to see what color wires my GI4 uses(prototype machine so colors are wonky).

Just so I understand... if you go into test mode and choose GI4 your scoop flasher lights. If you choose scoop flasher then nothing lights?

#1396 4 years ago
Quoted from JeffF:Just so I understand... if you go into test mode and choose GI4 your scoop flasher lights. If you choose scoop flasher then nothing lights?

That is correct. GI4 lights my scoop flasher.
Lamp #42 lights nothing.

Mine is production #1, and I have found some weird wire colors on mine as well.

#1397 4 years ago

ROTFLMAO! You are a God amongst men herg!

Sooooo... my machine has a connector for the scoop flasher on the scoop flasher wires AND the GI4 wires.

To add another issue into the mix the GI4 wire was not punched down to the PCB connector when I bought the game. There was a remnant of a wire in what was just discovered to be GI3. So when I fixed this wire I put it back to GI3. LOL.

The extra connector on GI4 never was connected to anything so I just assumed it was a "prototype extra".

Retrminated the GI4 wire to the proper GI4 location on the GI connector... removed the diodes I wrongly added... put a bulb in the scoop flasher and we have a working flasher without any other LED bulbs lighting up!!!

So it was a very simple issue in the end. Thanks for the help herg!

1027191935a (resized).jpg1027191935a (resized).jpg
1 week later
#1398 4 years ago

Test fit some spots on the slings last night before bed. Played a couple games and I think I really like them there. The artwork isn't fancy so covering it with two spots per side isn't a big deal.

Going to play some more tonight to get a feel for them before I make the wiring permanent.

Have to say, I was extremely happy with the spot kit from Comet. It came with everything you could possibly need.

Also expecting a brand new Laseriffic AMH topper this afternoon. I remember seeing one at Allentown a few years ago and thinking it was the coolest topper ever. Melissa over at Cointaker just finished a small run of them Monday so I hopped on one as soon as she emailed... soooo looking forward to this!

1106192103b (resized).jpg1106192103b (resized).jpg1106192103c (resized).jpg1106192103c (resized).jpg1106192104 (resized).jpg1106192104 (resized).jpg1106192104a~2 (resized).jpg1106192104a~2 (resized).jpg
#1399 4 years ago
Quoted from JeffF:

Test fit some spots on the slings last night before bed. Played a couple games and I think I really like them there. The artwork isn't fancy so covering it with two spots per side isn't a big deal.
Going to play some more tonight to get a feel for them before I make the wiring permanent.
Have to say, I was extremely happy with the spot kit from Comet. It came with everything you could possibly need.
Also expecting a brand new Laseriffic AMH topper this afternoon. I remember seeing one at Allentown a few years ago and thinking it was the coolest topper ever. Melissa over at Cointaker just finished a small run of them Monday so I hopped on one as soon as she emailed... soooo looking forward to this![quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

what all comes i the kit. I would like to make mine brighter. I added sling spots but feel needs more.

2 weeks later
#1400 4 years ago

Anyone know what flipper coil stop is used in this game? Just blew one and a stern stop definitely doesn't fit.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints
Tools
4,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Denver, CO
$ 210.00
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
6,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Maple Ridge, BC
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 20.00
There are 2,069 posts in this topic. You are on page 28 of 42.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/amh-club-a-spooky-start/page/28?hl=mthirkell and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.