28801E32-E2D7-4DC1-AAFD-3DCDC27A3506 (resized).jpeg
354934431_6328733057162997_6611170001532921297_n (resized).jpg
IMG_1376 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1377 (resized).jpeg
20230408_185615 (resized).jpg
20230408_192409 (resized).jpg
8A18DFE7-8CD9-4C66-B364-2F977840CBE2 (resized).jpeg
E5C304EC-9BC3-48C6-AC69-732299B19D7F (resized).jpeg
There are 2,070 posts in this topic. You are on page 26 of 42.
#1251 4 years ago
Quoted from pipes:

I gave up trying to figure that one out so I never kept it in my game. Spent about an hour fiddling with it and didn't like how it's just supposed to stay in place with nothing really securing it.
Anybody want mine?

I am curious what this thing is? My game doesn't have it.

#1252 4 years ago
Quoted from dung:

It's a mod from Pinball Refinery...

#1253 4 years ago
Quoted from dung:

It's actually a really cool mod and is great when it's in place.

#1254 4 years ago
Quoted from mthirkell:

It's actually a really cool mod and is great when it's in place.

Is it what makes the 3 bank glow?

#1255 4 years ago
Quoted from billsfanmd:

Is it what makes the 3 bank glow?

You can buy it together with that or just the LED ring in front of the ghost on it's own. My game came with the switch and LED under the 3 bank when I got it but I removed it because I didn't like how the light was bleeding over in to the nearby inserts.

#1256 4 years ago

It does look cool. I installed the color display and fixed a spot on the 3 bank.

Still have issues with getting instant ball save. Also found that the door opto never registers. It doesn't even register when you unplug the optos. For comparison the ghost opto registers if unplugged.

#1257 4 years ago

Has anyone been getting feedback through the speakers from the lights? I tested my grounds and they are good.

#1258 4 years ago

I’m close to getting back in the club. Need to find best video tutorial

#1259 4 years ago

joining the club again best video tutorial ? thx

#1260 4 years ago

So my left slingshot is acting up a bit. It's firing when the ball even goes by it. Any ideas on how to fix the problem?

#1261 4 years ago
Quoted from mthirkell:

So my left slingshot is acting up a bit. It's firing when the ball even goes by it. Any ideas on how to fix the problem?

Not that this is AMH specific, but have you checked the gap on the 2 leaf switches for that slingshot? If the gap is too small, vibration will trigger the sling. If the gap is too big, the sling won't fire at all.

#1262 4 years ago
Quoted from mthirkell:

Check the Gap make sure it's not to close that can cause issues. Also make sure your using the right size rubbers for the sling.

#1263 4 years ago

Re-joined the club today...
0601191518a (resized).jpg0601191518a (resized).jpg

I have to say... this alternative artwork is much better in person. For the theme it's fitting. The first time around(#41) I had the blue cartoon artwork and thought it was way better than this realistic one. Now I'm not so sure.

At any rate, can't wait to get it setup tonight to play.

#1264 4 years ago
Quoted from JeffF:

Re-joined the club today...
[quoted image]
I have to say... this alternative artwork is much better in person. For the theme it's fitting. The first time around(#41) I had the blue cartoon artwork and thought it was way better than this realistic one. Now I'm not so sure.
At any rate, can't wait to get it setup tonight to play.

Welcome back. I think there are only about 6 of us that have the original artwork. Most seem to have opted for the alternative (blue swirls).

#1265 4 years ago

Awesome, congrats JeffF

#1266 4 years ago

Found this in the coin box area.

AMH-crazyproto (resized).jpgAMH-crazyproto (resized).jpg

Needed to update the software from v18 to v23 and then I played it probably 30 times this afternoon... boy I forgot how much I liked this game!

#1267 4 years ago

It's like Christmas in June!!!

0605191652a (resized).jpg0605191652a (resized).jpg

Going to be a busy night!

#1268 4 years ago

Cool where did little ghost come from ? Where will it mount?

Thx

#1269 4 years ago

It's a shooter rod from Cointaker.
https://cointaker.com/products/americas-most-haunted-shooter-rod

It's a little hokey but we had it the first time around and I got used to it. Just showed the wife and she remembered it too and is glad I got it again.

#1270 4 years ago

Cool. I want a little ghost that I saw someone 3D printed on here earlier

Who sells flipper bat covers?

#1271 4 years ago
Quoted from billsfanmd:

Who sells flipper bat covers?

Also Cointaker.

#1272 4 years ago

Just arrived today.

P6051912 (resized).JPGP6051912 (resized).JPG
#1273 4 years ago

I also made a door replacement (bars not installed yet) and glowing ghosts of any size.

P6051914 (resized).JPGP6051914 (resized).JPG
#1274 4 years ago

So my morgue door stopped working. Tested it (door open/close) and it wouldn't move. Any advice?

#1275 4 years ago
Quoted from mthirkell:

So my morgue door stopped working. Tested it (door open/close) and it wouldn't move. Any advice?

check the servo motor. Its prolly bad

#1276 4 years ago
Quoted from mthirkell:

Yeah, test it. If it is bad, you can get them pretty cheap. Here's the link. I replaced my ghost target bank and bought an extra just in case. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00URCMRCK/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title

Here's a video by Spooky on how to properly replace the servo.

Hope you get it sorted out easily!

#1277 4 years ago

In hindsight, too many servos.

#1278 4 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

Hindsight is 20-20.

Ben are you working on any new pin designs?

#1279 4 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

Can never have too much cowbell.

#1280 4 years ago

Does anybody have Pinball Side Mirrors for their AMH? I'm thinking of getting a set but I'm curious how they did the cutout where the side LED strips are? Pictures would be appreciated.

#1281 4 years ago

After a week and a half with our "new" machine there are a couple of items I found that need fixing.

First, the high scores do not save. We can put up five good scores in an afternoon but once we turn off the game the scores reset to default. I have verified that other settings, like coil settings, do save when the machine is powered off. I looked for a setting in the menu where you can have the game not save scores but I didn't find anything?

Second, if I put a bulb in the scoop flasher the entire lamp column #5 will act all wonky. I notice Spooky has a bulb socket with a diode at the top-left corner of the light matrix sheet but I don't see a diode on our scoop flasher socket? Should there be one there? I'm thinking this issue will either be a bad/missidng diode of a defective ULN2803A.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

BTW, even with these small issues we are loving the game!

#1282 4 years ago
Quoted from JeffF:

First, the high scores do not save.

That's weird. Your AV firmware is different than nearly everyone else since you're running my Pin2DMD custom build. What PIC version are you running? I really don't know if an older PIC code with new AV would cause scores to not save. If you don't figure it out by this weekend, I can try installing my Pin2DMD and test that code. There are really no changes involving high scores vs AV v23, though.

Maybe try resetting high scores via the menu. There isn't any setting to prevent them from saving.

#1283 4 years ago

Thanks herg!

I'll try resetting the high scores tonight. If PIC version is firmware version then v23.

Do you know where the high scores are saved? Memory card or EEPROM or??? Just curious.

#1284 4 years ago
Quoted from JeffF:

Thanks herg!
I'll try resetting the high scores tonight. If PIC version is firmware version then v23.
Do you know where the high scores are saved? Memory card or EEPROM or??? Just curious.

Yeah, firmware version is the PIC. Since you have the Pin2DMD display, you should have v23 and v91 for firmware and AV.

High scores are stored in the EEPROM.

#1285 4 years ago

Yep, that is what is displayed when I turn the game on. I have a spare EEPROM coming Friday or Saturday just in case it's that. They were only $3 and I needed to place a Digikey order anyways so I figured what the heck.

#1286 4 years ago

JeffF

Oops! The high scores not being saved WAS my fault. I have put an updated version of firmware on my website that will get it working for you. You won't see the firmware version anymore, and the first video sequence will have messed up color, but your high scores will work.
http://ledocd.com/amh_color/

Long version:
The Pin2DMD splash screen takes longer than the Chroma-Color startup. I didn't want to ask lucky1 to change that.

By the time the splash screen is done, the firmware version screen has already finished being displayed, and the first video sequence has started. The Pin2DMD firmware missed the first palette, so the first video will have incorrect colors.

So, in the v91 firmware, I made the firmware version screen display longer. This fixed the above issues, but it also meant that when the PIC tried to read the high scores from the EEPROM, the AV firmware wasn't ready. I will spend a bit more time to try to properly fix this, but for now, v92 will get you up and running. Sorry for the trouble.

#1287 4 years ago

Noooooo problem herg. Thanks a lot for everything you've done and continue to do!

#1288 4 years ago
Quoted from herg:

I will spend a bit more time to try to properly fix this, but for now, v92 will get you up and running. Sorry for the trouble.

...and the version posted now (v93) does fix this. It's still possible that the weird palette could happen for that first video sequence, but I tried 10 startups and it worked fine.

#1289 4 years ago

And yep, high scores now save again! Thanks a lot herg!

#1290 4 years ago
Quoted from Rascal-911:

Just arrived today.

Any pictures yet?

#1291 4 years ago

Have you ever noticed when your wife gets into a hobby, you get sucked into it also. I am too busy through the week to install them and now my weekends have turned into gardening and lately trying to ruin my back building rock walls. I would like to find time in the next month if all goes well.

I did put a new door on my AMH today, even added a little color, my old one was getting ratty.

P6161941 (resized).JPGP6161941 (resized).JPGP6161943 (resized).JPGP6161943 (resized).JPG
#1292 4 years ago
Quoted from billsfanmd:

joining the club again best video tutorial ? thx

no the best tutorial sorry, but a bit of fun!

#1293 4 years ago
Quoted from dendoc:

no the best tutorial sorry, but a bit of fun!

Thx!

Back in the club again! Just wondering if I should get an LED kit for AMH to brighten up the pf or is is just a few added spots needed to brighten things up?

#1294 4 years ago
Quoted from billsfanmd:

Thx!
Back in the club again! Just wondering if I should get an LED kit for AMH to brighten up the pf or is is just a few added spots needed to brighten things up?

I added a small ~6" blue LED strip in the trough area that runs off the GI and an ~16" RGB LED strip above the rear panel that runs off the existing RGB LEDs.

This has helped a lot with brightness IMO. The only thing I may still add are spots on the slings aimed at the middle of the playfield.

#1295 4 years ago
Quoted from herg:

I was getting a lot of theater shots bricking off the end of the ramp, so I printed my take on betelgeuse clothes pin.
[quoted image]

Any chance of getting the file for this? I tried a couple washers but they worked loose. Was going to buy some clothespins next.

#1296 4 years ago

I changed my sling posts to clear and added post LEDs to brighten up that area a bit. Works really well and looks great. I’ll post a pic later.

#1297 4 years ago
Quoted from JeffF:

I added a small ~6" blue LED strip in the trough area that runs off the GI and an ~16" RGB LED strip above the rear panel that runs off the existing RGB LEDs.
This has helped a lot with brightness IMO. The only thing I may still add are spots on the slings aimed at the middle of the playfield.

Mind posting pics?

#1298 4 years ago
Quoted from JeffF:

Any chance of getting the file for this? I tried a couple washers but they worked loose. Was going to buy some clothespins next.

Sure. I'll post it this evening.

#1299 4 years ago

Saw this custom apron card in an ad on Facebook one on right side. Any idea where the file is ?
A7E30526-4926-496F-A463-91DF1045C8E4 (resized).pngA7E30526-4926-496F-A463-91DF1045C8E4 (resized).png

Update. Found online

BA6BC1FF-3BBC-4A81-86B0-333889160DD3 (resized).pngBA6BC1FF-3BBC-4A81-86B0-333889160DD3 (resized).png
#1300 4 years ago
Quoted from mthirkell:

Mind posting pics?

No problem, I'll post some later tonight.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Plastics
The Pinball Scientist

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

6,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Maple Ridge, BC
$ 19.00
Tools
PinballSolutions.eu

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 2,070 posts in this topic. You are on page 26 of 42.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/amh-club-a-spooky-start/page/26?hl=lucky1 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.