28801E32-E2D7-4DC1-AAFD-3DCDC27A3506 (resized).jpeg
354934431_6328733057162997_6611170001532921297_n (resized).jpg
IMG_1376 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1377 (resized).jpeg
20230408_185615 (resized).jpg
20230408_192409 (resized).jpg
8A18DFE7-8CD9-4C66-B364-2F977840CBE2 (resized).jpeg
E5C304EC-9BC3-48C6-AC69-732299B19D7F (resized).jpeg
There are 2,069 posts in this topic. You are on page 24 of 42.
#1151 5 years ago
Quoted from dung:

Interlock, it takes in 5v and I am guessing the 5v was directed back into the board when it was miswired.

My phone is dead, but I can take one in the morning.

#1152 5 years ago
Quoted from robertmee:

My phone is dead, but I can take one in the morning.

Would appreciate it. Can you also take some pics of the ground wire that leads up to the rail and lockdown bar receiver above the interconnect? I found it was not connected. I have it run like RZ, but RZ stops at that rail, this ground is longer.

#1153 5 years ago

Let me know if you need a different angle

20190126_073938 (resized).jpg20190126_073938 (resized).jpg20190126_073946 (resized).jpg20190126_073946 (resized).jpg20190126_073952 (resized).jpg20190126_073952 (resized).jpg
#1154 5 years ago

No that is perfect. My interlock is a different brand, so its not stock. It was also hooked up wrong. Will wait for spooky to respond to my email on monday.

#1155 5 years ago

There were some early AMH shipped without the interlock wired correctly. Specifically the logic part of the switch (that is read by the boardset) wasn't hooked up.

This is why the game has an option to disable coin door warning - because some games couldn't sense it!

The I/O is buffered with socketed chips to act as a "fuse" to protect the main CPU.

#1156 5 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

There were some early AMH shipped without the interlock wired correctly. Specifically the logic part of the switch (that is read by the boardset) wasn't hooked up.
This is why the game has an option to disable coin door warning - because some games couldn't sense it!
The I/O is buffered with socketed chips to act as a "fuse" to protect the main CPU.

Tried pulling down a copy of the schematic I found online. Was too small to read so not sure which chips you mean. There are 74HCT244 (or so, from memory) above the switch matrix. I did try swapping those in case one was fried, but no dice. It is not a chip I have on hand. There is also a small socketed chip near the plug for the interlock/flippper/coin door switches.

Open to ideas, could order both these chips and see if that does the trick but unsure?

#1157 5 years ago

They are 74HCT244's socketed for the switch matrix. They are the same chips in the RZ version of the boards. Swapped amh's into that just incase there was something frying them in amh. RZ worked fine. Swapped the chips from RZ into AMH, no change in behavior.

The owner spoke up and said that this issue started before he swapped out the interlock switch. The small socketed ic on the amh board near the plug causing issues is for the eprom.

2 weeks later
#1158 5 years ago

I've posted earlier about my color display project. Using the stock Chroma-Color board, it was limited to 256 colors. I got some motivation, and modified the FPGA and AV firmware to allow indexed color. It's still a 256 color palette, but I can choose that palette for each video scene instead of being limited to a single 256 color palette that was predetermined and locked into the FPGA.

Here are a few samples of the improvement:

AT0.gifAT0.gifAT0.gifAT0.gifB0Z.gifB0Z.gifB0Z.gifB0Z.gifL6A.gifL6A.gifL6A.gifL6A.gifL9A.gifL9A.gifL9A.gifL9A.gif

I have had people ask, and the biggest hurdle to making this available to other AMH owners is availability of the Chroma-Color boards. Charlie says he only has a couple left, and he's keeping them for RZ warranty claims. I have gotten quotes on the boards, both from Macrofab and the factory that builds LED OCD, but the board is licensed Creative Commons, and I can't resell them unless Parker were to OK it.

The FPGA firmware, I think, is the same situation. The AV firmware was open source at one point, and I'm not even sure what the license is on it. So, in short, it would need a lot of approvals before I could even share the code.

#1159 5 years ago

Looks awesome!!

Maybe put together an "interested" list? I would definitely love to purchase a color upgrade if it were available. There's got to be enough past & future Spooky customers out there to get them motivated to try to make this happen.

#1160 5 years ago

I’ve said it before, but I’m going to have an AMH someday. I’d be interested in this as well at that time.

#1161 5 years ago

@herg... Very cool AMH display in color. I really enjoy my AMH. It's a sleeper game, that once I push start, I keep doing it! 1 of 150 it's unique and rare.

I also bought RZLE 1 of 300 (50 with different backglass). I enjoy AMH more tho.

#1162 5 years ago
Quoted from boustrophedonic:

Looks awesome!!
Maybe put together an "interested" list? I would definitely love to purchase a color upgrade if it were available. There's got to be enough past & future Spooky customers out there to get them motivated to try to make this happen.

I’d be in on this as well, great job herg

Btw, thanks for the oval post by the bumpers. It’s awesome

#1163 5 years ago
Quoted from Kkuoppamaki:

Btw, thanks for the oval post by the bumpers. It’s awesome

It's working well for you? I know I haven't had a single ball trapped there since installing mine, but that's only one machine.

#1164 5 years ago
Quoted from Kerry_Richard:

herg... Very cool AMH display in color. I really enjoy my AMH. It's a sleeper game, that once I push start, I keep doing it! 1 of 150 it's unique and rare.
I also bought RZLE 1 of 300 (50 with different backglass). I enjoy AMH more tho.

Same, but not sure if I will keep amh. Still need to fix the direct switches before I can play.

#1165 5 years ago
Quoted from desertT1:

I’ve said it before, but I’m going to have an AMH someday. I’d be interested in this as well at that time.

I don't think you'll find one much cheaper than this. $5k
phoenix.craigslist.org link

#1166 5 years ago
Quoted from herg:

I've posted earlier about my color display project. Using the stock Chroma-Color board, it was limited to 256 colors. I got some motivation, and modified the FPGA and AV firmware to allow indexed color. It's still a 256 color palette, but I can choose that palette for each video scene instead of being limited to a single 256 color palette that was predetermined and locked into the FPGA.
Here are a few samples of the improvement:
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]
I have had people ask, and the biggest hurdle to making this available to other AMH owners is availability of the Chroma-Color boards. Charlie says he only has a couple left, and he's keeping them for RZ warranty claims. I have gotten quotes on the boards, both from Macrofab and the factory that builds LED OCD, but the board is licensed Creative Commons, and I can't resell them unless Parker were to OK it.
The FPGA firmware, I think, is the same situation. The AV firmware was open source at one point, and I'm not even sure what the license is on it. So, in short, it would need a lot of approvals before I could even share the code.

I'd be interested in this too.

#1167 5 years ago

I would buy one for sure, even pre-order if necessary.

#1168 5 years ago
Quoted from kbliznick:

I don't think you'll find one much cheaper than this. $5k
phoenix.craigslist.org link

I know. I keep staring at it, but don't have the funds. I'm out of space (and not convinced I want a 4th location unless they are really close to home) and might start selling games anyway.

#1169 5 years ago

If it were only up to me, I'd gladly push forward and make this happen. It's not, though. The original designs are not mine, and I don't have permission to use them to make a batch. Specifically, the board and FPGA code says the design can't be used commercially. Even if I were to coordinate a group buy, it's still a gray area. Unless Parker says it's OK, I'm not going any further than my own machine.

Also, it's not really a "done" project. It works, but I've only colored about 75% of the videos. I got totally burned out doing that part of it. The technical parts, fun. The coloring, not so much.

#1170 5 years ago
Quoted from herg:

If it were only up to me, I'd gladly push forward and make this happen. It's not, though. The original designs are not mine, and I don't have permission to use them to make a batch. Specifically, the board and FPGA code says the design can't be used commercially. Even if I were to coordinate a group buy, it's still a gray area. Unless Parker says it's OK, I'm not going any further than my own machine.
Also, it's not really a "done" project. It works, but I've only colored about 75% of the videos. I got totally burned out doing that part of it. The technical parts, fun. The coloring, not so much.

If you got permission what would the cost be like? The unfinished part is not that big a deal, someone else might be willing to finish it if they don't have to deal with the technical hurdles.

#1171 5 years ago
Quoted from dung:

If you got permission what would the cost be like?

It depends on the quantity. The quote for 25 boards from my normal fabricator was about $70 each plus shipping, etc. If part of the deal was that I use Macrofab, those were a bit more. It would probably have to be in a near kit form, including the display panel and bracket. Charlie (Spooky) sold me the one I have for $250. I also had to change the DMD protector from green to clear and build a power cable.

Quoted from dung:

The unfinished part is not that big a deal, someone else might be willing to finish it if they don't have to deal with the technical hurdles.

I would love for it to work out that way.

1 week later
#1172 5 years ago

Who hasn't played Bumps in the Night? I hadn't until today. I normally go for defeating ghosts, and try to avoid minion shots since they're so dangerous. Today, I concentrated on getting to BITN for a few games. Wow, what a fun mode!

#1173 5 years ago
Quoted from boustrophedonic:

Looks awesome!!

I know boustrophedonic has seen the thread, but for anyone following this thread that may miss the other:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/color-display-for-america-s-most-haunted-it-s-happening

Basically, I spoke with Charlie, and I have the green light for a single run of boards. This is the only time I'm going to mention it in this thread, so please try to keep responses there.

2 weeks later
#1174 5 years ago

Color would be great and I would be in for one.

#1175 5 years ago
Quoted from Nevus:

Color would be great and I would be in for one.

If you want one, I would suggest getting on the pre-order list as mentioned in the other thread.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/color-display-for-america-s-most-haunted-it-s-happening

I may order a few more than the pre-order quantity, but getting on the list would guarantee you have one with your name on it.

#1176 5 years ago

Newest member of the club. Does anyone know how to tell what the production number is, I don't see any serial numbers and it didn't come with any documents from the original buyer.

P3141832 (resized).JPGP3141832 (resized).JPG
#1177 5 years ago

Open the coin door. Look on the right side. There should be a sticker. The last three digits are the production number.

20190316_093216 (resized).jpg20190316_093216 (resized).jpg
#1178 5 years ago

Ahh, thanks. I see you have number 001. All I knew is this pin was owned by Ed Robertson of BNL and has some spooky made custom plastic.

P3161849 (resized).JPGP3161849 (resized).JPGthumbnail_IMG_4293 (resized).jpgthumbnail_IMG_4293 (resized).jpgthumbnail_IMG_4294 (resized).jpgthumbnail_IMG_4294 (resized).jpg
#1179 5 years ago

That's cool!

#1180 5 years ago

I just bought an AMH a few days ago myself. I'm really enjoying it. I played it for the first and only time (before now) at TPF last year and was very impressed with it. Thought it was a lot of fun - and it certainly is!
Can someone tell me where I can find a speaker light kit for it? I only found a site called kimballpinballs that sells them but it may be several weeks before I'd be able to get one due to availability. Let me know.

Thx!

#1181 5 years ago

I think this game is VERY underrated. It's hilarious and there is a lot to do.

#1182 5 years ago
Quoted from mthirkell:

I think this game is VERY underrated. It's hilarious and there is a lot to do.

Yup, and very unique! Some interesting features you don't see in other games. I'm happy to finally own one.

1 week later
#1183 5 years ago

After many games I noticed a couple ball trapping areas. One in particular seemed to happen regularly, getting stuck on top of the scoop. My solution was to build a smaller scale main ghost and plant him on top of the scoop to deny that spot for the ball to hang. And he simply attaches to the screw near the lens cap. He is just over half scale. Still looking for other suitable 3d models of ghosts to print and add as mods.

P3241878 (resized).JPGP3241878 (resized).JPG
1 month later
#1184 4 years ago

WoW there is 6 AMH pins for sale now on pinside. I think that's the most i have seen at one time.

#1185 4 years ago
Quoted from 2Kaulitz:

WoW there is 6 AMH pins for sale now on pinside. I think that's the most i have seen at one time.

wonka effect

#1186 4 years ago

I just got mine and I love it. Can't see it going anywhere fast. And as far as the Wonka effect goes, that one is just too damn cutesy for me. Far down the list of must have pins.

#1187 4 years ago
Quoted from Rascal-911:

I just got mine and I love it. Can't see it going anywhere fast. And as far as the Wonka effect goes, that one is just too damn cutesy for me. Far down the list of must have pins.

Just got one as well and love it!

#1188 4 years ago

Still waiting to try mine sadly. Rob anthony has my board and hoping he can work his magic.

1 week later
#1189 4 years ago
Quoted from dung:

Still waiting to try mine sadly. Rob anthony has my board and hoping he can work his magic.

Oh what happend to it ? Spooky has any for sale?

#1190 4 years ago
Quoted from 2Kaulitz:

Oh what happend to it ? Spooky has any for sale?

Bought it this way. Best guess is the wiring for the topper got the ground to touch the 110 line frying part of the logic on the board. Getting the board fixed has been, interesting but at this point I am getting a replacement...

#1191 4 years ago

Anyone have suggestions for how to get the scoop to perform more reliable?

Edit:

Okay after a better search saw Herg's post. Has anyone else tried his solution? Feedback and results? Thanks, ours is on location and having some issues with not being able to reliably eject one ball without multiple attempts.

#1192 4 years ago

I'm in... I've wanted an AMH forever and been following Ben's designs since the days of Bill Paxton and the ill-fated Zombie Adventureland. Very excited!

https://arcadeheroes.com/2012/03/02/sweet-new-details-on-ben-hecks-zombie-adventureland-pinball-in-3d/

AMH (resized).jpgAMH (resized).jpg

#1193 4 years ago
Quoted from Aeolus7:

I'm in... I've wanted an AMH forever and been following Ben's designs since the days of Bill Paxton and the ill-fated Zombie Adventureland. Very excited!
https://arcadeheroes.com/2012/03/02/sweet-new-details-on-ben-hecks-zombie-adventureland-pinball-in-3d/
[quoted image]

Congrad's its fun game i wish Ben Heck was still in pinball We need Bible Adventures lol Did you order the color dmd ?

#1194 4 years ago
Quoted from 2Kaulitz:

Congrad's its fun game i wish Ben Heck was still in pinball We need Bible Adventures lol Did you order the color dmd ?

Just added myself to the wait list. Thanks for the tip!

What do members recommend as far as GI upgrades to brighten up the game? Based on the limitations with the 5v line, I’m assuming I can’t add spotlights to the GI without modification, correct? Thoughts on the pinbulbs Kit?

#1195 4 years ago
Quoted from Aeolus7:

Just added myself to the wait list. Thanks for the tip!
What do members recommend as far as GI upgrades to brighten up the game? Based on the limitations with the 5v line, I’m assuming I can’t add spotlights to the GI without modification, correct? Thoughts on the pinbulbs Kit?

not sure on the limitations but there is a kit that includes spot lights for amh.

#1196 4 years ago
Quoted from Tsskinne:

Anyone have suggestions for how to get the scoop to perform more reliable?
Edit:
Okay after a better search saw Herg's post. Has anyone else tried his solution? Feedback and results? Thanks, ours is on location and having some issues with not being able to reliably eject one ball without multiple attempts.

I swapped the coil out for a 26-1200 I believe. It is still random but doesn't break the flipper hold and trigger a re-flip.

#1197 4 years ago
Quoted from Aeolus7:

I added green spotlights by the spooky door and hellevator ramp without any issues. I would also recommend adding (or moving) a color changing LED strip above the back panel of the playfield. That makes the biggest difference and only takes a few minutes to do.

#1198 4 years ago
Quoted from Betelgeuse:

I added green spotlights by the spooky door and hellevator ramp without any issues. I would also recommend adding (or moving) a color changing LED strip above the back panel of the playfield. That makes the biggest difference and only takes a few minutes to do.

Excellent thank you. I’ll give this a shot.

#1199 4 years ago

Thinking of getting one back. Had one of the first ones when they came out. One near me with the green cab art with the ghost hunters on the side.

What is the most popular version? The ghosts art or photo shop people? Love some of the ideas on here. First upgrade for me will be adding more lighting

On the hunt for one local to MD

#1200 4 years ago
Quoted from billsfanmd:

Thinking of getting one back. Had one of the first ones when they came out. One near me with the green cab art with the ghost hunters on the side.
What is the most popular version? The ghosts art or photo shop people? Love some of the ideas on here. First upgrade for me will be adding more lighting
On the hunt for one local to MD

Green one was originally art and then they added the blue with ghost at production. I like the blue much better and it is what most picked.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

5,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Atoka, TN
6,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Maple Ridge, BC
There are 2,069 posts in this topic. You are on page 24 of 42.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/amh-club-a-spooky-start/page/24 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.