Topic Stats

• 1,123 posts
  • 145 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 hours ago by herg
  • Topic is favorited by 27 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 193 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

20180922_102117 (resized).jpg
20180922_115558 (resized).jpg
20180831_191631 (resized).jpg
download.png
E9A9F22F-19B1-437E-8D6E-BBF875313D7A (resized).jpeg
20180708_143420 (resized).jpg
QA3.gif
K0B.gif
B0W.gif
BAA.gif
SAB.gif
H2A.gif
H4A.gif
H2A (resized).png
20180428_095305 (resized).jpg
20180428_095221 (resized).jpg

There are 1123 posts in this topic. You are on page 23 of 23.
#1101 3 months ago

So my game is at my weekend place and gets played every couple of weeks and it's cold while we're not here. I noticed last time and again this time that there seems to be an issue with some of the insert LEDs not being on - pretty much one on each shot. Obviously all the LEDs haven't gone and it is some sort of electrical or connector issue as last time it was intermittent over the course of the weekend. Got here again tonight and same issue.

What's the best place to start trouble shooting anyone please?

thanks

20180831_191631 (resized).jpg
#1102 3 months ago

Probably a wire has come loose. Look up the lamp matrix to see whether those lamps have a row or column in common. Track the common wire back toward the backbox until you find the disconnect.

#1103 3 months ago
Quoted from herg:

Probably a wire has come loose. Look up the lamp matrix to see whether those lamps have a row or column in common. Track the common wire back toward the backbox until you find the disconnect.

Ok thank you - I searched and it looks like they're all on Row 4 Red/Green. Will get under the hood in daylight tomorrow and see what I can find.

2 weeks later
#1104 84 days ago

I got tired of having a ball stuck in the pops every few games. It's too early to say for sure if this will fix it, but I made a wonky star post to try. It makes the ring slope to the left where the ball sits.

20180922_102117 (resized).jpg
20180922_115558 (resized).jpg

#1105 84 days ago

That’s a great idea Herg. If it works, any plans on making it available, I have the same issue and haven’t been able to solve it

#1106 84 days ago

Good idea, but it might have a tendency to rotate. If you do a V2, try to link up with the stud holding the plastic on.

#1107 83 days ago
Quoted from desertT1:

Good idea, but it might have a tendency to rotate. If you do a V2, try to link up with the stud holding the plastic on.

We'll see. There's not much of a moment arm, and the post resists turning more than you'd think, but it is in the pops.

Quoted from Kkuoppamaki:

That’s a great idea Herg. If it works, any plans on making it available, I have the same issue and haven’t been able to solve it

I'll certainly post the file. I guess I could add it to my website, but it would be more to ship than the post would be. I'd really want to make sure it works first.

#1108 83 days ago
Quoted from herg:

I'll certainly post the file. I guess I could add it to my website

Just upload the STL to thingiverse

#1109 83 days ago

Neat build! Is that the newest Prusa i3?

I have support files on my personal website https://www.benheck.com/amh/

If this works out let me know and I can add it as an option!

#1110 83 days ago
Quoted from benheck:

I have support files on my personal website https://www.benheck.com/amh/
If this works out let me know and I can add it as an option!

Yeah, it's the Prusa i3 MK3, built from a kit. Much nicer than the Maker Select v2 I used before.

#1111 83 days ago
Quoted from benheck:

Technically the "newest" prusa is an SLA printer

#1112 83 days ago

Does the auto bed leveling work well? A couple friends of mine built one and had trouble with that part.

I still have the old Makerbot I used to prototype most of AMH!

#1113 83 days ago
Quoted from benheck:

Does the auto bed leveling work well? A couple friends of mine built one and had trouble with that part.

Pretty well. My bed was off by up to 0.6mm from one corner to the other. The leveling was good enough to turn that into a good first layer. Since it only tests 9 locations, however, you can end up with high or low spots between the test points, and there's nothing the leveling can do about it.

I'm not usually concerned with the surface finish of the bottom as long as it stays stuck to the bed. If you were, you might be better off using a glass bed.

#1114 83 days ago
Quoted from Kkuoppamaki:

If it works, any plans on making it available

I've played about 30 games, and have had no trapped balls. I'm still not convinced it's perfect, nor that it won't spin eventually, but I think it's good enough to share the file. If you have a 3D printer, you can print this:
http://ledocd.com/files/AMH_Wonky_Star_Post.zip

If you don't have a printer, I would prefer to get some more time playing with it installed before printing and shipping them.

#1115 83 days ago
Quoted from benheck:

I've used the mk2 for over a year now, and although the "mesh leveling with 9 points" should make better parts (because if the bed isn't level, or the axes are skewed it adjusts), I think it's slightly gimmicky. The proximity probe that measures distance has to be within 1mm of the tip, which isn't always easy to do. I own two monoprice select V2 printers (wanhao clone) and sometimes I can get just as good prints on a $300 printer if it's calibrated. Only bad part with the cheaper printers is the base bed is really thin and flimsy, which is why I'm starting to add glass on the top layer to stiffen it up.

The Creality Ender is $180 shipped and it's getting rave reviews because it's cheap and has a really stiff frame using 80/20. I'm half tempted to buy one myself.

3 weeks later
#1116 56 days ago

I'd estimate I've put 50 or so games on AMH since installing the wonky star post, and I've had zero stuck balls. The post has not turned out of position. So, if anyone wants one and doesn't have access to a printer, I'll print you one. Just pay shipping.

http://ledocd.com/cart/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=35

#1117 52 days ago
Quoted from herg:

I'd estimate I've put 50 or so games on AMH since installing the wonky star post, and I've had zero stuck balls. The post has not turned out of position. So, if anyone wants one and doesn't have access to a printer, I'll print you one. Just pay shipping.

Awesome, thank you. I'll send you a PM as I don't have access to a printer

#1118 52 days ago

Anyone who wants one, please use the link below. It automates things like calculating shipping and printing labels. Thanks.

1 month later
#1119 9 days ago

In multi-player, does anyone else's game give players 2-4 5010 points when the ball is kicked into the shooter lane? I'm wondering if I need to check for a touchy switch or if there's a bug.

1 week later
#1120 2 days ago

It's actually doing it on every ball after player 1, ball 1. I found some code related to GLIR handling that I think might be causing it, but I'm curious whether other games do it, or if it's only mine.

#1121 2 days ago
Quoted from herg:

It's actually doing it on every ball after player 1, ball 1. I found some code related to GLIR handling that I think might be causing it, but I'm curious whether other games do it, or if it's only mine.

Ours does this too.

#1122 16 hours ago
Quoted from Kevkat:

Ours does this too.

Same here

#1123 9 hours ago

Confirmed, it is the GLIR handling code. It's supposed to score when the ball rolls over one of the GLIR switches. The same function is used to check whether GLIR is complete, but it scores 5010, even if it wasn't ran due to a switch hit.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
5,600 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Calgary, AB
$ 40.00
Machine - For Sale
Phoenix, AZ
$ 40.00
Lighting - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 79.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 16.00
Tools
PinballSolutions.eu
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos
Apparel - Unisex
Pinball Wheezer
$ 48.00
Cabinet - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 14.95
There are 1123 posts in this topic. You are on page 23 of 23.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside