28801E32-E2D7-4DC1-AAFD-3DCDC27A3506 (resized).jpeg
354934431_6328733057162997_6611170001532921297_n (resized).jpg
IMG_1376 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1377 (resized).jpeg
20230408_185615 (resized).jpg
20230408_192409 (resized).jpg
8A18DFE7-8CD9-4C66-B364-2F977840CBE2 (resized).jpeg
E5C304EC-9BC3-48C6-AC69-732299B19D7F (resized).jpeg
There are 2,069 posts in this topic. You are on page 18 of 42.
#851 8 years ago
Quoted from tu71586:

Looking at PinballLife.com, the 3A slo blo fuse is only sold in packs of 100. Sorry if this question is

Nah, you just missed it. Individually or packs of 5 to get a fuse case. You probably should have spares on hand...

http://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=product&id=3

Jaz

#852 8 years ago

I'll be collecting suggestions for the late spring Super Update The End Edition.

#853 8 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

I'll be collecting suggestions for the late spring Super Update The End Edition.

tilt priority still needs to be quicker. I can go for a big save and I keep playing for another 10 seconds some times before the tilt warnings and eventual tilt come through.

would like to see a fun reward for a dirty pool sort of hurry up >> You defeat a minion and before the switch bank raises you make 1 more quick shot into the U turn.

Need a pulses per coin switch and pulses per credit setting. This would allow somone to set pulses per coin at 3 and pulses per credit at 8. This results in 1 game for .75 and 3 games for 2 dollars.

I have more stuff but those are the ones off the top of my head. Madison Pinball game is now at AltBrew (about 1 mile from your house) so easy to do some beta of the next code update when you are ready Ben.

#854 8 years ago
Quoted from tu71586:

Looking at the board in the backbox, it's clear one of the fuses blew, just as Betelgeuse suspected (thank you!). See attached pic.

So, my question -- looks like this is a 3 Amp Slo Blo fuse. Can I get a single fuse at a local hardware store such as this one:
http://www.homedepot.com/p/Crown-Bolt-3-Amp-Slo-Blo-GMA-Fuse-72538/203538294
or is it specific to pinball machines? Looking at PinballLife.com, the 3A slo blo fuse is only sold in packs of 100. Sorry if this question is idiotic, I just want to make sure I'm buying the right fuse.

Quoted from Jazman:

Nah, you just missed it. Individually or packs of 5 to get a fuse case. You probably should have spares on hand...

Glad it was a simple fix for you. If you are in a rush to get your game working, I have purchased these fuses in packs of 4 from Radio Shack several times over the past year. I believe the current code has an option to disable the phantom flip in the doctor ghost mode, which will keep the fuse from blowing again. It just seems to happen 1 out of every 50 times as it is, for some reason.

#855 8 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

Please Please Please Please Please put in a feature so you can see scores during competitions when you walk up to plunge. Perhaps hold a button for five seconds and it will show the scores until you release. When you are playing in competition it's really hard to know your opponents score unless you are watching the entire match.
Some guys just have to have a beer Ben.

#856 8 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

How about making it so can put in a custom message to show on the dmd .

#857 8 years ago

Ooh, can we get a secret code to cradle a ball without holding the button for bathroom breaks, Ala twilight zone home rom?

#858 8 years ago

I know this won't happen but I will throw it out there anyway...............Shaker motor and color dmd option, I doubt the board is compatible for either but what do I know?

But that would be one bad ass last hurrah for this thing!

#859 8 years ago

Mini wizard mode for starting all ghosts, but not finishing them? High score tables for things like photo hunt champion, ghost hunter champion (most points scored during ghost battles), each mode champion (would reward players exploring the "side" parts of each mode), etc. Mini wizard mode after destroying three ghosts (right now, IMO, other than bonus, there is little reward in trying to defeat the ghosts, especially since it's a dangerous strategy to bang on the three bank targets to get them started - there needs to be some better incentive to do so).

Awesome game! Thanks!

#860 8 years ago
Quoted from Jetzxi:

I know this won't happen but I will throw it out there anyway...............Shaker motor and color dmd option, I doubt the board is compatible for either but what do I know?
But that would be one bad ass last hurrah for this thing!

Yeah making it so color dmd sigma works with the game would be awesome. Have it change colors with rgb lighting

#861 8 years ago
Quoted from Euchrid:

Mini wizard mode for starting all ghosts, but not finishing them? High score tables for things like photo hunt champion, ghost hunter champion (most points scored during ghost battles), each mode champion (would reward players exploring the "side" parts of each mode), etc. Mini wizard mode after destroying three ghosts (right now, IMO, other than bonus, there is little reward in trying to defeat the ghosts, especially since it's a dangerous strategy to bang on the three bank targets to get them started - there needs to be some better incentive to do so).
Awesome game! Thanks!

I like these! Would be cool to also have a high score board for "fastest to beat 3 ghosts" Timer starts when the bank drops and ends when the final hit to each ghost. Add up total time to defeat all 3 = quick on the draw champion.

#862 8 years ago
Quoted from 2Kaulitz:

Yeah making it so color dmd sigma works with the game would be awesome. Have it change colors with rgb lighting

Yeah Ben... that would be awesome.

#863 8 years ago

Color DMD "ready" would be freaking sweet!!!!

Brian

#864 8 years ago

Randy wrote us a color driver to flash onto a ColorDMD a few years ago. It display pinHeck video and did change color with the RGB inputs (so it could be tied to our game's RGB lighting and change with it)

Since then, I changed something in how we send out the dots (and I forgot what I did) and it doesn't quite work.

If I had a 5V version of a ColorDMD handy I could try and fix my code to make it compatible.

#865 8 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

Randy wrote us a color driver to flash onto a ColorDMD a few years ago. It display pinHeck video and did change color with the RGB inputs (so it could be tied to our game's RGB lighting and change with it)
Since then, I changed something in how we send out the dots (and I forgot what I did) and it doesn't quite work.
If I had a 5V version of a ColorDMD handy I could try and fix my code to make it compatible.

Some one lend there Color DMD to Ben If i had one i would.

#866 8 years ago
Quoted from 2Kaulitz:

Some one lend there Color DMD to Ben If i had one i would.

BEN > I have a spare colorDMD sitting in a box that I can loan you.

#867 8 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

If you can grab a few logic captures of the signals coming off the board now, I might be able to debug it. Looked like it was mainly still working except for a sync problem. I still have the pinheck board too if that helps.

#868 8 years ago

Do you remember when I sent you that test board? Guess I could check my email. I could cross-reference that to my AV code versions.

#869 8 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

Do you remember when I sent you that test board? Guess I could check my email. I could cross-reference that to my AV code versions.

Looks like around April 2014.

#870 8 years ago

Almost all the versions of the code that send dots to the DMD are the same... except for Rev6 which was around the time we were experimenting with this (May 2014)

In most versions (including the current) the DMD Enable line is left high, but in Rev6, the Enable line is pulled LOW at the end of each row while latch and Row Clock are being pulsed.

Would a missing DMD Enable pulse screw up the timing?

#871 8 years ago

Oh man, there's really a small possibility AMH could add color? SWEET!

#872 8 years ago

Anyone else having STDM drains from the ghost magnet? Playfield is level, but 90% of the drops from the magnet are going STDM. Am I crazy, is my level broken?

#873 8 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

Almost all the versions of the code that send dots to the DMD are the same... except for Rev6 which was around the time we were experimenting with this (May 2014)
In most versions (including the current) the DMD Enable line is left high, but in Rev6, the Enable line is pulled LOW at the end of each row while latch and Row Clock are being pulsed.
Would a missing DMD Enable pulse screw up the timing?

It's likely. In early versions of SIGMA I used to ignore the display enable and had a free running counter based on row data and the clock. Around that time I switched over and started using the enable it to maintain line synchronization in the event of a glitch on the clock. I'll need to check which version is in the Pinheck release.

Is it easy to put back?

#874 8 years ago
Quoted from pinlynx:

Anyone else having STDM drains from the ghost magnet?

No, but had really bad STDM drains from the middle lane so I bent the metal wall in a little until the ball started curving back to the left flipper. I'm wondering if your magnet isn't level, or if the pulse just happens to be pushing the ball in that direction every time.

#875 8 years ago

no SDTM drains but I do get ocassional ball hangups in the back of the elevator when it goes to the subway.

anyone else?

#876 8 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

no SDTM drains but I do get ocassional ball hangups in the back of the elevator when it goes to the subway.
anyone else?

I've had that happen once or twice. According to Charlie, you can tweak the Hellevator down position to smooth that one out.

I had some hangups on behind the ghost. I adjusted the front pop switch to be extra sensitive and those have all but completely gone away.

#877 8 years ago
Quoted from pinlynx:

Anyone else having STDM drains from the ghost magnet? Playfield is level, but 90% of the drops from the magnet are going STDM. Am I crazy, is my level broken?

YES! I thought it was just my game, but 80% of mine are STDM...I've gotten in the habit of shaking the game to try and throw it off the magnet...it's frustrating.

#878 8 years ago

Maybe I could have an option "add jiggle during ghost ball release"

Mechanically it should drop to the cradle of left flipper, but many things could affect that.

RE enable signal, yes very easy to put that back in and test. I probably just forgot to!

#879 8 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

Mechanically it should drop to the cradle of left flipper, but many things could affect that.

I would love to see a ball jiggle during release. As it stands, I try and avoid the ghost at all costs.

#880 8 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

option "add jiggle during ghost ball release"

so long as it is ONLY as an option please.

on our TWD the prison mag worked perfect prior to the last code update. now it like to slam the ball SDTM.

options are always good

#881 8 years ago

We never get STDMs on ours. I would try adjusting the level.

+1 for making any kind of jiggle on ghost release an option only.

#882 8 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

RE enable signal, yes very easy to put that back in and test. I probably just forgot to!

That'd be nice. Mine also does SDTM drops 50% of the time.

#883 8 years ago
Quoted from Euchrid:

Awesome game! Thanks!

I'd also like to see the jump ramp used on a mode or two for a jackpot or something significant. It feels under utilized to me.

#884 8 years ago
Quoted from Euchrid:

I'd also like to see the jump ramp used on a mode or two for a jackpot or something significant. It feels under utilized to me

Agree,the jump ramp needs something special attached to it, Fun shot

1 month later
#885 8 years ago

I'm in. No 143 from down under:

image_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpeg

#886 8 years ago

Looking good,love mine

#887 8 years ago

Where did u guys get your instruction cards?

#888 8 years ago

Spooky has some on the website. Mine fell out of the playfield and were in the bottom of the cabinet iirc.

#889 8 years ago
Quoted from angus:

Spooky has some on the website. Mine fell out of the playfield and were in the bottom of the cabinet iirc.

I don't seem to have any! Rechecked cab and nothing. Were they shipped with all games?

image_(resized).jpgimage_(resized).jpg

#890 8 years ago

I didn't get any with mine

#891 8 years ago

None were with mine. No biggie, I'll just make them, or Chad has some for a small donation.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/custom-rule-cards-site-launch-pinballboycom#post-2900803

#892 8 years ago

Loving this game so far. Love the code, layout, art, humor. First and foremost it's fun and makes me laugh. It's simple but the shots are really satisfying. The code is really intuitive. Everyone who has played it loves it.

The overall finish is very impressive. It's really got me looking forward to RZ and all future Spooky releases.

Took me a little while to fully dial it in, but I'm almost there. Couple of questions:

- the speakers are amazing - but the sub is making everything rattle (and annoying my wife). Thought it had a shaker at first. What are you guys using to stop the rattle on the glass and backbox?
- any ideas for headphones?
- getting an annoying ball hang on the lower pop behind the ghost. Have adjusted the pop switch, but doesn't really help. Any other ideas?

#893 8 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Loving this game so far. Love the code, layout, art, humor. First and foremost it's fun and makes me laugh. It's simple but the shots are really satisfying. The code is really intuitive. Everyone who has played it loves it.
The overall finish is very impressive. It's really got me looking forward to RZ and all future Spooky releases.
Took me a little while to fully dial it in, but I'm almost there. Couple of questions:
- the speakers are amazing - but the sub is making everything rattle (and annoying my wife). Thought it had a shaker at first. What are you guys using to stop the rattle on the glass and backbox?
- getting an annoying ball hang on the lower pop behind the ghost. Have adjusted the pop switch, but doesn't really help. Any other ideas?

Did not have issue with back box rattle but i also have ball stick problems at lower pop. I still have not fixed it yet and been looking for a fix also.

#894 8 years ago

Just need to make that switch super sensitive and your hangs ups should disappear on that lower pop.

#895 8 years ago

I was told a larger rubber back there does the trick. Haven't tried it yet.

#896 8 years ago

I tried a larger rubber ring and made the pops as sensitive as I could. I still get balls stuck in that spot. As for the rattle, there are both software audio volume settings and physical adjustments on the amp in the cabinet. It took some trial and error, but I did finally get the rattle to a minimum without sacrificing much bass. I have also heard of using anti-rattle tape, but it's pricey so I never messed with it.

#897 8 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

haven't tried it yet, but since the amp is speaker output only (similar to this amp):
71n+CYpj7aL._SL1400__(resized).jpg71n+CYpj7aL._SL1400__(resized).jpg

You would need to wire up left, right, and ground to a stereo female 3.5mm jack
audio.output_(resized).jpgaudio.output_(resized).jpg

#898 8 years ago

Can someone give me the link to the speaker light kits please? My game arrived Saturday morning, put it in out comp Sunday, and an instant hit. Have to turn down the flippers to reduce air balls off the Minion ghost posts, but otherwise, played faultlessly.

#899 8 years ago

Hemiorange sells them. Here's a link to his site
http://pinballrefinery.com/store#!/Speaker-Lighting-for-Americas-Most-Haunted/p/53780684/category=14073161

I put rubber post sleeves over the ghost posts. They, and I dialed down the flippers slightly, have eliminated airballs off those posts.

#900 8 years ago

Thanks for that. So just the rubber sleeves over the existing posts? I'll give it a try. Speaker lights ordered.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 20.00
6,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Maple Ridge, BC
5,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Atoka, TN
$ 45.00
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

There are 2,069 posts in this topic. You are on page 18 of 42.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/amh-club-a-spooky-start/page/18?hl=vilant and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.