28801E32-E2D7-4DC1-AAFD-3DCDC27A3506 (resized).jpeg
354934431_6328733057162997_6611170001532921297_n (resized).jpg
IMG_1376 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1377 (resized).jpeg
20230408_185615 (resized).jpg
20230408_192409 (resized).jpg
8A18DFE7-8CD9-4C66-B364-2F977840CBE2 (resized).jpeg
E5C304EC-9BC3-48C6-AC69-732299B19D7F (resized).jpeg
There are 2,069 posts in this topic. You are on page 17 of 42.
#801 8 years ago

If I set my right scoop at 1 or 2, the coil that feeds the ball to the shooter lane lacks the power to get the ball in the lane. Has anyone else had issues with coil settings?

#802 8 years ago

I have mine set to zero, and I'd probably turn them down more if I could.... I wonder if this is a problem.

Quoted from robertmee:

what do most have their flipper coils set to?

#803 8 years ago

I wonder the same, my flippers seem way too string same with my right out hole kicker

#805 8 years ago

Anyone get very far in the video mode? I got to it twice and can't make it past the first piece of grass, lol.

#806 8 years ago
Quoted from vilant:

Anyone get very far in the video mode? I got to it twice and can't make it past the first piece of grass, lol.

Had one that went for a very long time, scored something like 1.8 million or so from it.

#807 8 years ago

Custom cards added!

20160111_183432_(resized).jpg20160111_183432_(resized).jpg

20160111_183405_(resized).jpg20160111_183405_(resized).jpg

#808 8 years ago
Quoted from Jetzxi:

Custom cards added!

20160111_183432_(resized).jpg20160111_183405_(resized).jpg

Hey, I made those! These are the first photos I'm seeing of someone using my cards, glad you like em!

#809 8 years ago

Planning to add the cards as well. Even though the ghost doesn't "match" the game ghost style, I think it's much cooler looking. Nice job!

#810 8 years ago
Quoted from JOESCHALL:

Planning to add the cards as well. Even though the ghost doesn't "match" the game ghost style, I think it's much cooler looking. Nice job!

Awesome, thanks!

And yeah, I figured I could either use the ghost from the game, or just find one in the same artistic vein for it to give it some variety.

Planning on making a couple other completely different versions in the near future as well.

#811 8 years ago
Quoted from Jetzxi:

Custom cards added!

20160111_183432_(resized).jpg20160111_183405_(resized).jpg

Very nice Great Work

#812 8 years ago

Thanks for making the cards, they are pretty sweet lookin!

#813 8 years ago
Quoted from Jetzxi:

Thanks for making the cards, they are pretty sweet lookin!

Thanks, glad to do it!

#814 8 years ago
Quoted from chadsugg:

Thanks, glad to do it!

Chadsugg... nice looking score cards. Are they available to us AMH owners?

Also, did you mention you were going to make other cards for this game too?

Let me know.
Thanks!
Kerry

#815 8 years ago
Quoted from Kerry_Richard:

Chadsugg... nice looking score cards. Are they available to us AMH owners?
Also, did you mention you were going to make other cards for this game too?
Let me know.
Thanks!
Kerry

http://pinballboy.com/rulecards?tag=America%27s+Most+Haunted

#816 8 years ago

Very nice... Thanks!

I'll print and make a donation.

Kerry

#817 8 years ago
Quoted from Kerry_Richard:

Very nice... Thanks!
I'll print and make a donation.
Kerry

Awesome, thanks Kerry!

And thanks for sharing the link with him Jetzxi

#818 8 years ago

Just finished the other version of rule cards I was talking about making the other day.
I thought this set would be funny, especially with all the Stern Ghostbusters rumors going around

Free Download @
http://pinballboy.com/rulecards/amh-v2

AMHV2Pre_(resized).jpgAMHV2Pre_(resized).jpg

#819 8 years ago
Quoted from chadsugg:

Just finished the other version of rule cards I was talking about making the other day.
I thought this set would be funny, especially with all the Stern Ghostbusters rumors going around
Free Download @
http://pinballboy.com/rulecards/amh-v2

AMHV2Pre_(resized).jpg

Nice but i like 1st one better. Could do one with ghost from the game or something like that ?

#820 8 years ago

My AMH #132 arrives this Tuesday.

#821 8 years ago
Quoted from eggbert52:

Congrads dude

#822 8 years ago
Quoted from 2Kaulitz:

Nice but i like 1st one better. Could do one with ghost from the game or something like that ?

Can do. Was planning on doing a third version with a ghost from the game since a couple have mentioned they'd like one with that

#823 8 years ago

Thanks man, looking forward to it. Also, already have the Cliffy's installed at production.

#824 8 years ago
Quoted from chadsugg:

Was planning on doing a third version with a ghost from the game since a couple have mentioned they'd like one with that

I think that would be awesome... maybe 1-2 of the characters (ghosts) on back of playfield.

#825 8 years ago
Quoted from eggbert52:

Did you get your game ?

1 week later
#826 8 years ago

Spooky Ghosts are everywhere ... Even on the ceiling of the Ice Bar in NZ!

rd

image_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpeg

#827 8 years ago

My Custom AMH Magnet Mod. The white layer glows in the dark.

IMG_5126_(resized).PNGIMG_5126_(resized).PNG

#828 8 years ago

Apron magnet looks amazing. Great work!

#829 8 years ago
Quoted from NinJaBooT:

IMG_5126_(resized).PNG

Ooooo. Make me one! How much!

#830 8 years ago
Quoted from NinJaBooT:

IMG_5126_(resized).PNG

I want one too

#831 8 years ago

Sign me up for one of those badass magnets!

#832 8 years ago

Who's afraid of the dark?

image_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpeg

1 week later
#833 8 years ago

I have a stupid noob diagnosis/repair question:

I have an issue with my machine now where it seems that none of the coils are working. We noticed it when we turned the machine on, the machine was looking for a missing ball (was up near the bumpers -- wonder if one of the kids turned off the machine mid game), and when we dropped the ball into the drain, the drain coil didn't move. Subsequently noticed that when starting a new game, no ball would load into the shooter lane.

In the menu, when I go to "Solenoid Test" and select on of the tests (for instance, "Ball Load"), when I press the Enter button, should I hear one of the coils fire? Because right now, I no matter which test I select ("Ball Load", "RFlip Hold", etc.), I don't see or hear any activity from the machine.

I'm sorry for this noob question, but what is my next step? I'd like to try to fix this on my own (and learn something in the process). Thanks for all helpful answers!

#834 8 years ago

You aren't testing with the coin door open, are you? Having the coin door open disables all the solenoids so you don't BBQ yourself.

Quoted from tu71586:

I have an issue with my machine now where it seems that none of the coils are working. We noticed it when we turned the machine on, the machine was looking for a missing ball (was up near the bumpers -- wonder if one of the kids turned off the machine mid game), and when we dropped the ball into the drain, the drain coil didn't move. Subsequently noticed that when starting a new game, no ball would load into the shooter lane.
In the menu, when I go to "Solenoid Test" and select on of the tests (for instance, "Ball Load"), when I press the Enter button, should I hear one of the coils fire? Because right now, I no matter which test I select ("Ball Load", "RFlip Hold", etc.), I don't see or hear any activity from the machine.
I'm sorry for this noob question, but what is my next step? I'd like to try to fix this on my own (and learn something in the process). Thanks for all helpful answers!

#835 8 years ago
Quoted from tu71586:

let's start with the basics

1) there is an interlock switch attached to the inside of the coin door. if the coin door is opened then the switch will open and disable the power to the coils. is the door open?

i am not trying to be sarcastic at all, you said that you are a noob so sometimes starting at the very beginning is the best place

#836 8 years ago

Ha, absolutely right... noob mistake, the coin door was open when testing. How do I test the solenoids through the test menu then?

#837 8 years ago

With the playfield up

Or, select your solenoid with the door open, close the door, then push start to test.

Quoted from tu71586:

Ha, absolutely right... noob mistake, the coin door was open when testing. How do I test the solenoids through the test menu then?

#838 8 years ago
Quoted from tu71586:

Once you pull out the interlock switch (it's white, just inside the coin door but mounted on the cabinet, and will "click" when pulled) with the coin door open, you press the green button (mounted inside the coin door near the top) and work your way through the menu using the flippers. The red button takes you a step back in the process, then you use the green button to begin the process again if needed.

If you want to talk through it sometime while you're at the machine, PM me and I'll send you my phone number, then you can call me. That might be easier to understand if you're having trouble.

#839 8 years ago
Quoted from JOESCHALL:

Once you pull out the interlock switch (it's white, just inside the coin door but mounted on the cabinet, and will "click" when pulled) with the coin door open, you press the green button (mounted inside the coin door near the top) and work your way through the menu using the flippers. The red button takes you a step back in the process, then you use the green button to begin the process again if needed.

So would disablishing the interlock all together be similar to this? My AMH will be in the Ohio state championships tomorrow, and I want to have the the interlock disabled for removing stuck balls during multiball.

#840 8 years ago
Quoted from WaddleJrJr:

So would disablishing the interlock all together be similar to this? My AMH will be in the Ohio state championships tomorrow, and I want to have the the interlock disabled for removing stuck balls during multiball.

I suppose you could bypass the switch, but it's a safety thing. I don't see why it's a big deal so long as you hold a flippers up and rest the balls on them (leaving them in the shooter lane obviously auto fires when you close the door).

#841 8 years ago
Quoted from WaddleJrJr:

I'm no authority, but I think the common practice in that case is to open the door (which disables the coils), pull the glass, pull the interlock switch (which energizes the coils when activated), let the player energize a flipper of choice with the button, rest the ball on that flipper, put the glass and lockdown bar back on, then play continues.

#842 8 years ago
Quoted from JOESCHALL:

I'm no authority, but I think the common practice in that case is to open the door (which disables the coils), pull the glass, pull the interlock switch (which energizes the coils when activated), let the player energize a flipper of choice with the button, rest the ball on that flipper, put the glass and lockdown bar back on, then play continues.

I see other Stern games and such with the interlocked disabled for the whole tournament. That way someone can have balls on a flipper and won't have to lose them when you pull the glass to get a stuck ball.

#843 8 years ago
Quoted from WaddleJrJr:

And to point out why the practice I just described is used--suppose you had 2 balls stuck in the right scoop (happens to me at times, and neither is quite sitting on the switch) and you had, say, taped the interlock switch shut so that it wouldn't be disabled. If you had to remove the glass to free those balls, as soon as you grabbed one the other might fall back into the scoop and be kicked out, with the player unable to play it. With the interlock switch disabled as described above, you could safely put both balls on the energized flipper of choice.

#844 8 years ago
Quoted from WaddleJrJr:

I see other Stern games and such with the interlocked disabled for the whole tournament. That way someone can have balls on a flipper and won't have to lose them when you pull the glass to get a stuck ball.

I can understand this--I just think that AMH might have some ball stick peculiarities that other machines do not, and a mistake by the person freeing the stuck ball with the glass off could lead to an unfair outcome. Anyway, just my 2 cents. I hope it's a great tournament game tomorrow!

#845 8 years ago

I always just hold in the interlock switch while doing the test. Other than that, you may want to check the fuses on the PinHeck board. There are documented issues with the phantom flip in the doctor ghost mode blowing the 3amp fuse on the board.

#846 8 years ago

Maybe get a few hours of repair under your belt before doing this. Just in case.

Quoted from JOESCHALL:

Once you pull out the interlock switch (it's white, just inside the coin door but mounted on the cabinet, and will "click" when pulled) with the coin door open

#847 8 years ago

Pinball is not hard to work on just take your time and make sure you have muilty meter is your best friend.

#848 8 years ago

Does AMH have settings to do a "super value" type deal? (set game to 75 cents or 3 for $2) All I remember seeing in the settings was coins per play.

If not then I think this would be a great addition.

#849 8 years ago

Ok, finally got around to looking more at this -- thanks for pointing me in the right direction.

For other noobs (like me) out there, I went to the solenoid test menu, closed the door. I cycled through the different solenoids with the right and left flipper buttons, testing each solenoid by pressing the START button. It was pretty clear that a bank of solenoids wouldn't fire when tested: Autopluner, Drainkick, BallLoad... all the ones listed as Sol Bank 2 on the Spooky support site (http://www.spookypinball.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/09/AMH-WIRE-TO-BOARD.pdf). Looking at the board in the backbox, it's clear one of the fuses blew, just as Betelgeuse suspected (thank you!). See attached pic.

So, my question -- looks like this is a 3 Amp Slo Blo fuse. Can I get a single fuse at a local hardware store such as this one:
http://www.homedepot.com/p/Crown-Bolt-3-Amp-Slo-Blo-GMA-Fuse-72538/203538294
or is it specific to pinball machines? Looking at PinballLife.com, the 3A slo blo fuse is only sold in packs of 100. Sorry if this question is idiotic, I just want to make sure I'm buying the right fuse.

Thanks again for all help!

IMG_1265_(resized).jpgIMG_1265_(resized).jpg

#850 8 years ago
Quoted from WaddleJrJr:

Does AMH have settings to do a "super value" type deal? (set game to 75 cents or 3 for $2) All I remember seeing in the settings was coins per play.
If not then I think this would be a great addition.

I have requested that from Ben but nothing yet. Currently just a coins per play type setting.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 45.00
Playfield - Plastics
The Pinball Scientist

6,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Maple Ridge, BC
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

5,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Atoka, TN
There are 2,069 posts in this topic. You are on page 17 of 42.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/amh-club-a-spooky-start/page/17 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.