28801E32-E2D7-4DC1-AAFD-3DCDC27A3506 (resized).jpeg
354934431_6328733057162997_6611170001532921297_n (resized).jpg
IMG_1376 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1377 (resized).jpeg
20230408_185615 (resized).jpg
20230408_192409 (resized).jpg
8A18DFE7-8CD9-4C66-B364-2F977840CBE2 (resized).jpeg
E5C304EC-9BC3-48C6-AC69-732299B19D7F (resized).jpeg
There are 2,069 posts in this topic. You are on page 15 of 42.
#701 8 years ago

I've had a few make their way under the apron. There's a big enough gap where the ball drains that the ball can jump over if it's going fast enough.

#702 8 years ago

Under the apron above where the ball kicks out to the shooter lane was the toughest one to find for me. Add some foam and it prevents them from happening again. Now I just need to get the airballs to stop...

#703 8 years ago

We're getting bonus multiplier stuck on too. Anybody else seeing that? I got a email in to Charlie to see what he says too?

#704 8 years ago

I'm having issues with the kicker to the shooter lane kicking the ball too hard so it bounces back in, and takes like 10 tries to kick-out sometimes, but if I lower the strength of the coil in the settings by 1 it's now too weak to ever kick one out.

Any suggestions? I was thinking maybe a thin piece of that dead drop foam stuff on the right wall of the shooter lane so it will stop the bounce back in or something.

#705 8 years ago

I was having same problem for a bit, changed kicking coil to 8 works great now.

#706 8 years ago
Quoted from Tsskinne:

I was having same problem for a bit, changed kicking coil to 8 works great now.

What was it on before you changed it to 8?

#707 8 years ago

Kicking Coil is the one that pushes it from the drain to the trough? That died on mine so my machine has been dead for about two months. Need to get someone over to take a look (or learn!)

#709 8 years ago

I was 2 shots away from the battling the demon today. I had finished the camera mode, hellavater multiball, minion multiball, and defeated all the ghosts but one. I was on the the theater ghost, and needed to hit the scoop and then the main ghost in the middle. I bricked the shot and then drained. So close.

#710 8 years ago

I'm referring to the one that kicks it to the shooter lane, not sure if we're thinking of the same one or not, because mine for that started at 5.

Anyways, before hearing back about where yours started I figured I'd give changing it to 8 a shot just to see. The ball got kicked into the shooter-lane so hard it bounced back and launched itself under the apron.

#711 8 years ago

what does 3 or 4 do?

#712 8 years ago

I was also having problems with a ball jumping under the apron, I have aquired a 3d printed ghost from a friend and this is my solution. Ill report back if it actually works but i dont see why it wont! image.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpeg

#713 8 years ago
Quoted from WaddleJrJr:

I'm having issues with the kicker to the shooter lane kicking the ball too hard so it bounces back in, and takes like 10 tries to kick-out sometimes, but if I lower the strength of the coil in the settings by 1 it's now too weak to ever kick one out.

I had to bend the metal guide on mine shortly after I got it. It's the one wrapped around the ghost in the above photos. Try bending it back a little as the gap there may be slightly too small, causing the ball to rattle back into the trough.

#714 8 years ago

Ok... the ghost under the apron just became my favorite mod / fix of all time! Talk about yer ghosts in the machine.

The balls getting under the apron thing is a batch came back just a tick higher than the previous run. We put adhesive foam under the ones we caught to keep it from happening, but we didn't catch it until we started getting reports back on the issue.

But yep, foam over the ball trough (stuck to bottom of apron where you can't see it) and coil strengths are everything. If the coil strength doesn't solve the ball kick over / bounce back... make sure the little metal gate isn't stuck up to stop the balls.

And feel free to email me issues... I don't jump in here as much as I should.

Back to setting up Rob Zombie art!

#715 8 years ago
Quoted from Charliew65:

what does 3 or 4 do?

3 or 4 it just kicks the ball up but not hard enough to go out, 5 it kicks put too hard, hits the outer wall and bounces back in.

Maybe if I put it on 4 and then bend that metal thing it will work.

#716 8 years ago

I've been trying coil settings and my right scoop even on 3 blasts the ball out. It seems like coil strengths don't change much at least on mine. I'm also trying to diAL back flipper strength to keep from breaking stuff since they hit really hard. Also not related but is there a programming way to make the minion magnet react more like the CV ringmaster magnet where it projects the ball back at you with force? Not Luke it needs to be any harder just a more interactive touch.

#717 8 years ago
Quoted from angus:

Now I just need to get the airballs to stop...

I put full on post rubbers on the posts guarding the ghost and eliminated a large chunk of my airballs. I still get a few from the stand ups, but they aren't as deadly as the airballs I was getting from the ghosts.

Since the posts guarding the ghost aren't designed for post rubbers, I'll probably switch them out eventually. But, for now, the rubbers fit\work fine.

#718 8 years ago
Quoted from patrickvc:

I've been trying coil settings and my right scoop even on 3 blasts the ball out. It seems like coil strengths don't change much at least on mine. I'm also trying to diAL back flipper strength to keep from breaking stuff since they hit really hard. Also not related but is there a programming way to make the minion magnet react more like the CV ringmaster magnet where it projects the ball back at you with force? Not Luke it needs to be any harder just a more interactive touch.

Yeah, my right scoop kicks out too hard and it's on 0. The kickout speed isn't too much of a problem if I'm able to figure out how to adjust where it kicks to (I get pretty wild kickouts, many SDTM, some straight to the upper right sling post which goes straight to an outlane)

#719 8 years ago
Quoted from pinlynx:

I put full on post rubbers on the posts guarding the ghost and eliminated a large chunk of my airballs

I thought about doing this too. I haven't looked under the playfield to check which post it is, don't suppose you have a part number handy?

#720 8 years ago
Quoted from toyotaboy:

I thought about doing this too. I haven't looked under the playfield to check which post it is, don't suppose you have a part number handy?

I haven't done that yet either. Right now, I just have post rubbers slipped over the wrong type of post.

#721 8 years ago

Gahhhh! So close to Demon Battle! I finshed all the objectives and only had the Theater ghost left, but couldn't hit that darn scoop shot. After messing up the mode and the second chance, there was pretty much no chance of me getting back to it due to how insane my jump ramp is to hit (I've gotta try that clothespin fix).

Great game, really loving it! I've got a few of requests for the software though: 1. Coin door ball saver please! 2. A setting to change Bar Ghost and War Fort ghosts to be based on shots to the center rather than pop hits would be really nice. It's annoying to keep hitting it up there, having it hit one pop, then come back out. Becomes an annoying grind. 3. Audits to track how much each ghost was played/completed would be cool.

#722 8 years ago

If your pops aren't very poppy, there is a menu option to add some hits to the pop modes essentially making it so you don't have to hit the pops as many times to start the modes. Try that.

You can also adjust the switch gap of the pops to get more action as well.

Quoted from WaddleJrJr:

A setting to change Bar Ghost and War Fort ghosts to be based on shots to the center rather than pop hits would be really nice.

#723 8 years ago
Quoted from jalpert:

If your pops aren't very poppy, there is a menu option to add some hits to the pop modes essentially making it so you don't have to hit the pops as many times to start the modes. Try that.
You can also adjust the switch gap of the pops to get more action as well.

It's not really that that pops aren't poppy, it's that the ball will roll up there, hit one pop, and be shot right out. This same thing is seen often on Elwin's AMH video. When does get into the pops it goes pretty good.

The thing I don't like about pop advanced modes (particularly in competition) is how it creates an unbalanced between players. One player can hit it up there once or twice, have it go into the pops and stay there long enough to light the mode, and then another player could hit it up there 12 times but keep getting one pop each time.

#724 8 years ago

I have experienced a game where the switches were gaped too far from the factory. The ball would hit the bottom pop, it wouldn't activate, and then the ball would roll on out instead of being popped up.

The problem with just shooting the ball up the middle, is that the middle shot is too easy.

Quoted from WaddleJrJr:

It's not really that that pops aren't poppy, it's that the ball will roll up there, hit one pop, and be shot right out.

#725 8 years ago

The pops are overly complicated and it's a regret I have with the code.

It takes 25 hits to light a mode, though yes you can "spot" X amount of progress in the menu (like Addams where THING starts partially lit)

Maybe a solution would be center shot advances 5, and the pops add singles to that? That means 5 shots up the middle would guarantee lighting a mode.

#726 8 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

The pops are overly complicated and it's a regret I have with the code.
It takes 25 hits to light a mode, though yes you can "spot" X amount of progress in the menu (like Addams where THING starts partially lit)
Maybe a solution would be center shot advances 5, and the pops add singles to that? That means 5 shots up the middle would guarantee lighting a mode.

Yeah, that's what I was thinking, making the shot itself spot pops, like how the orbits on Metallica pro will spot a certain amount of "virtual" spinner hits.

#727 8 years ago

It hasn't been a big problem with my game. I get a descent amount of pop hits and can generally get both modes started if i focus on it and have a good game. I do have a friend that doesn't get a lot of pop hits though, so it may be a case by case basis.

#728 8 years ago

Maybe it could be an option in Rev 23

"Center Shot"
Spots X (0-5) Pops (default = 0)

#729 8 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

"Center Shot"

I like this because although the toughness can be frustrating it's what brings me back to AMH again and again. War ghost has prevented me from demon battle three times but it will just be that much sweeter when I get there.

#730 8 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

"Center Shot"

I like the idea of it being an option as well. I would probably leave my settings the way they are now because I like the challenge, but having options never hurts.

#731 8 years ago

I'll miss it...

IMAG0659.jpgIMAG0659.jpg

#732 8 years ago

Ran into a strange glitch. My brother was playing, and during the Doctor Mode the ball kind of backdoor'd the hellevator area in some way, and triggered multiball to start. The game then got confused about the ball, and when he was down to one ball didn't end the mode and the ball like it should've (this was after a mode restarted had already happened). At that point a ball search kicked out the ball from the door saucer, and he played out the mode until he drained, at which point it tried to give another restart, but had no ball left to do anything with, so it did nothing until it started ball searching.

Also on the physical issues side, since I got the game the lockdown bar hasn't been actually locking. Keep forgetting to mention that one.

#733 8 years ago
Quoted from goatdan:

I'll miss it...

IMAG0659.jpg

Say it ain't so......

#734 8 years ago
Quoted from Jetzxi:

Say it ain't so......

Don't worry, I'm already counting the days until it comes back. Just on loan.

#735 8 years ago
Quoted from goatdan:

Don't worry, I'm already counting the days until it comes back. Just on loan.

I was gonna say.........

#736 8 years ago

Listed my Laseriffic AMH topper in the marketplace if anyone is interested. In great condition.

#737 8 years ago

Any tips of fixing the ball traps behind the ghost? The ball likes to trap there behind the ghost by the bolt
head...

#738 8 years ago
Quoted from Fishbeadtwo:

Any tips of fixing the ball traps behind the ghost? The ball likes to trap there behind the ghost by the bolt
head...

Take off your tilt bob. That's what I did so I could shake the ball loose when it would get stuck there all the time.

#739 8 years ago
Quoted from Fishbeadtwo:

head

Yea, mine still gets stuck here and sometimes by the pop bumper (but at least ball search usually fixes the pop bumper issue). Almost need some sort of pyramid piece with a round cutout for the ghost base so the ball has no flat section to rest:
amh_ghost_fix.jpgamh_ghost_fix.jpg

That or the ghost model itself needs a tiny wiper arm that will bump the ball when the ghost goes into search. Even with the ghost spinning, it can still just sit there.

#740 8 years ago

I thought Spooky had a fix for this they were putting on new games and willing to send to anyone else, is that not the case?

#741 8 years ago
Quoted from bemmett:

I thought Spooky had a fix for this they were putting on new games and willing to send to anyone else, is that not the case?

No, that was the issue where the ball would hop between the wall and the top plastic, effectively getting jammed inside a dead wall. The plastic can't get over tightened because it would rub against the ghost base and burn out the servo. The real solution would be to bump the servo down so the plastic can be tightened down, but I don't know if that's easily done.

#742 8 years ago
Quoted from Fishbeadtwo:

head...

Adjust the switch on the pop right by that spot so it's super sensitive. Doing that more or less eliminated my stuck balls behind the ghost.

#743 8 years ago

Have you guys tried to use some Sugru? I haven't done it yet but I love that stuff - you could make the pyramid stuff outta that?

#744 8 years ago

I had time today to update to V22 from V20, thanks to Thanksgiving day off. I was under the assumption that the new update would allow all four scores to show up after a game was complete. We completed a four player game and scores would not show up for final scores for all four players at the end of a game. Finished a second game and used flippers to see if it would cycle through to see the scores and that was still a no-go. Anyone have any ideas?

Also running AV Version 9 if that matters.

Ben, if you are out there any ideas?

#745 8 years ago

Showing last games scores after a game is an AV thing, and your version 9 is ancient.

Download the latest SD card image. Sticking it in game will auto update the AV kernel, and also add any new Dots or sounds.

#746 8 years ago

Showing last games scores after a game is an AV thing, and your version 9 is ancient.

Download the latest SD card image. Sticking it in game will auto update the AV kernel, and also add any new Dots or sounds.

#747 8 years ago

Thanks Ben.

Just to confirm, we pull the SD card out of the game and download the new AV version from your AMH website?

#748 8 years ago

Got it updated and going. We are able to see the four player scores now.....Thanks for the help

#750 8 years ago

Is it possible to beat the video mode or is it endless until you die?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 210.00
6,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Maple Ridge, BC
$ 19.00
Tools
PinballSolutions.eu

5,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Atoka, TN
Playfield - Plastics
The Pinball Scientist

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 2,069 posts in this topic. You are on page 15 of 42.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/amh-club-a-spooky-start/page/15 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.