28801E32-E2D7-4DC1-AAFD-3DCDC27A3506 (resized).jpeg
354934431_6328733057162997_6611170001532921297_n (resized).jpg
IMG_1376 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1377 (resized).jpeg
20230408_185615 (resized).jpg
20230408_192409 (resized).jpg
8A18DFE7-8CD9-4C66-B364-2F977840CBE2 (resized).jpeg
E5C304EC-9BC3-48C6-AC69-732299B19D7F (resized).jpeg
There are 2,070 posts in this topic. You are on page 14 of 42.
#651 8 years ago
Quoted from bemmett:

Anyone have a link to online source for buying these, figure I might as well stock up, mine should be coming soon.

They are hobby king sevros so go to hobbyking.com,I know little a sevros because of my other hobby model helicopters and I can pay up to 200.00 apiece for the fastest digital high voltage sevros for cyclic and tail so these are almost free,I have tryed to find a higher quality full size analog sevro for the amh but have not had a lot of luck so like Charlie said about the game they have on location,these are pretty reliable for the money and very very east to swap out If needed.

#652 8 years ago
Quoted from patrickvc:

Anyone have their clear plastic on the side cab lights warping? I'd hate to glue it in.

Charlie suggested I try some black construction paper and tighten up the fit. This worked great for me as I was nervous about the glue as well. I cut and folded a thing strip of black paper and re-seated the plastic and it hasn't budged since!

#653 8 years ago

AMH #103 arrived last week via R and L and was in perfect shape. Thanks R&L! The game plays great and the SPM visitors absolutely love it. Now I need to find some score cards and maybe tweak the Minion installed led upgrade just a touch. The side lights appear to be not fully stuck down and I'm hoping the clear guards pop out fairly easily? I'm also ready to find the online manual and exercise my printer to allow for adjustments as noted earlier in the thread. A HUGE thanks to Charlie, KT, Ben and the entire team for making a great game at a great price with super great customer service. Spooky Pinball doing it effing right!!!!!!!

#654 8 years ago
Quoted from SpookyCharlie:

As Gordon Ramsay would say... "local, fresh, sustainable... yes yes!"

Damn

#655 8 years ago

As Gordon Ramsay would say... "local, fresh, sustainable... yes yes!"

#656 8 years ago

I'm in! And what a fitting day to receive it....

Thanks to Charlie, KT and the minions. Thanks!

image.jpgimage.jpg

#657 8 years ago
Quoted from Euchrid:

I'm in! And what a fitting day to receive it....
Thanks to Charlie, KT and the minions. Thanks!

What #?

#659 8 years ago

I think my display will stay white.

20151101_120557.jpg20151101_120557.jpg

20151101_120625.jpg20151101_120625.jpg

#660 8 years ago

As a Halloween treat for students, I took my AMH out for two "hauntings" to Juniata College (Huntingdon, PA) and Penn State University (State College, PA)--my two alma maters. A great time for all, and the machine performed perfectly, with just a few minor ball sticks cleared effectively by the search feature in version 22. I had the machine out on free play for 4 hours at each location, and in each case the final hour was taken up by returners who competed in 4-player games. At Juniata, the machine was set up in the common all-campus student dining hall. At Penn State, it was part of Penn State's Halloween Late Night activities for students.

I thought this would be a fun way to spend Halloween and support spooky, and realized that many of the students at these schools would have never even played pinball (I hope Bug and Squirrel know how lucky they are!). Some interesting tidbits that emerged from the experience: just as many females as males played; just as many international students as American students played; some who had never played pinball before were watching others who played after them and started coaching them; the Doctor Ghost and Bar Ghost were by far the most achieved and won; a majority of students had to be told to press the start button to begin, and to pull the shooter rod to launch; the female students thought the audio callouts were hilarious, especially after ball drains, and burst out laughing at the psychic's lines.

The most interesting conversation I had was with a terribly polite and intense Japanese student, who was also the only one who asked if he could watch me play and explain my playing strategy. He played hunkered down over the machine in his stance, his face just a foot from the glass, and learned and improved quickly in his game. He was fascinated with the machine, and said "Before, I only ever play pinball machine online." He was surprised to find out that there were actual physical pinball games out there that had preceded the video game versions.

"So pinball is a real thing?" he asked. "You play when you in college?"

"Yes, the pinball machines came first," I assured him.

Pix follow.

Packed_Up_AMH.jpgPacked_Up_AMH.jpg

JC1.jpgJC1.jpg

JC3.jpgJC3.jpg

JC4.jpgJC4.jpg

PSU1.jpgPSU1.jpg

PSU2.jpgPSU2.jpg

PSU5.jpgPSU5.jpg

PSU7.jpgPSU7.jpg

#661 8 years ago

Kids these days....

#662 8 years ago

Day Late but my creation from last night. Happy Halloween!Spooky pumpkin.jpgSpooky pumpkin.jpg

#663 8 years ago
Quoted from gottafixit:

Day Late but my creation from last night. Happy Halloween!

Cooool.

#664 8 years ago
Quoted from RustyLizard:

I think my display will stay white.

20151101_120557.jpg 20151101_120625.jpg

Was the white an option that you got installed originally? Or did you put that in later? Is that an Xpin or something else?

The reason I ask is that I definitely like the white better than the green as well.

Jaz

#665 8 years ago

Between Joe's story of sharing with the students, the people carving pumpkins with our logo... man, I don't even know what to say right now.

Every now and then (like now) I kind of hit a wall where things maybe aren't perfect, something is delayed, work wears me out... but then I see this kind of stuff and it makes me want to work that much harder to make Spooky all it can be.

You guys are awesome. Sincerely... thank you all so much for the faith and support.

#666 8 years ago

I can't believe the wonderful things that our customers do in the name of Spooky Pinball. Joe that was awesome of you to share your personal game with all those college kids. I love the pumpkin! I am going to "steal it" for my desktop

I have to keep this post short, as we are about to be invaded by high school students on a careers tour. But a big thanks to all of our Spooky customers You Guys Rock!!

#667 8 years ago
Quoted from Jazman:

Was the white an option that you got installed originally? Or did you put that in later? Is that an Xpin or something else?
The reason I ask is that I definitely like the white better than the green as well.
Jaz

That is an X-pin. My original had an issue and the replacement didn't have the green gel applied yet so I installed it white and I think it will stay that way.

#668 8 years ago

Between Joe's story of sharing with the students, the people carving pumpkins with our logo... man, I don't even know what to say right now.
Every now and then (like now) I kind of hit a wall where things maybe aren't perfect, something is delayed, work wears me out... but then I see this kind of stuff and it makes me want to work that much harder to make Spooky all it can be.
You guys are awesome. Sincerely... thank you all so much for the faith and support.

Quoted from SpookyKT:

I can't believe the wonderful things that our customers do in the name of Spooky Pinball. Joe that was awesome of you to share your personal game with all those college kids. I love the pumpkin! I am going to "steal it" for my desktop
I have to keep this post short, as we are about to be invaded by high school students on a careers tour. But a big thanks to all of our Spooky customers You Guys Rock!!

Thanks for all you guys do, Spooky pinball rocks and I'll continue to support you guys for as long as I can.

Glad that a small and caring family company like Spooky exists and can thrive in the pinball world!

#669 8 years ago
Quoted from RustyLizard:

That is an X-pin. My original had an issue and the replacement didn't have the green gel applied yet so I installed it white and I think it will stay that way.

As I'm not an Xpin guy generally, do you know how easy it would be to remove the gel once I get my game? Are they glued in or something?

Jaz

#670 8 years ago

Oh, and yea, the Spooky gang rocks. It took some great big ca-hones to quit your job (and have KT not cut them off) and make a flyer of their dream. And now the whole thing is a family affair. Building a new facility to expand, etc.

They are living the American dream (even though there are probably times that Charlie sees it as a nightmare). I am in total awe of what they have been able to accomplish... and a bit jealous that my ca-hones are not that big...

Jaz

#671 8 years ago
Quoted from Jazman:

As I'm not an Xpin guy generally, do you know how easy it would be to remove the gel once I get my game? Are they glued in or something?
Jaz

I am not sure. I have heard of people getting multiple gels with a display so I would think you could pull them but I would ask someone in the know before attempting it.

#672 8 years ago

Im really liking the white display also. Is it a simple task to remove the green or does it require something else?

#673 8 years ago

Just got my shipping notice from KT !!!

Christmas coming early at my house ...

#674 8 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

Just got my shipping notice from KT !!!
Christmas coming early at my house ...

what #?

congrats also!

#675 8 years ago

I also got shipping notice today!!! #109

#676 8 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

what #?
congrats also!

#677 8 years ago

Mine will be shipping Monday. Woot woot!

Game number 111

#678 8 years ago
Quoted from WaddleJrJr:

Mine will be shipping Monday. Woot woot!
Game number 111

Lucky number seven in binary!

#679 8 years ago

I just got AMH from a fellow Pinsider. Where do you find the number? Is it on the sticker where the serial number is? Also, what are the differences between early prediction models and later games?

#680 8 years ago
Quoted from Rockytop:

I just got AMH from a fellow Pinsider. Where do you find the number? Is it on the sticker where the serial number is? Also, what are the differences between early prediction models and later games?

It's the last 3 digits in the number on the sticker inside the cabinet on the right. It's number #24 I checked lol. Hope you had fun at the UT game that was a close one. Go Vols!!!

#681 8 years ago
Quoted from Rockytop:

Congrats on your # 24 and from what I understand there is no difference in the early numbers and the later ones other than there was a small mod done to the role over switches Charlie told me about to help if some were not getting registered by the ball 100% of the time ,I understood it was a very simple mod but mine were all ok so I did not ask for clarification .

Super rare and also super fun also look for some lighting mods that help.

#682 8 years ago
Quoted from Drewblood419:

It's the last 3 digits in the number on the sticker inside the cabinet on the right. It's number #24 I checked lol. Hope you had fun at the UT game that was a close one. Go Vols!!!

Thank you sir! Great meeting you yesterday and thanks for your help. I was pretty tired when I got home last night but I got it set up and played several games. It kicked my butt of course, but I had a lot of fun.

#683 8 years ago

Awesome man great to hear

#684 8 years ago
Quoted from rockrand:

Congrats on your # 24 and from what I understand there is no difference in the early numbers and the later ones other than there was a small mod done to the role over switches Charlie told me about to help if some were not getting registered by the ball 100% of the time ,I understood it was a very simple mod but mine were all ok so I did not ask for clarification .
Super rare and also super fun also look for some lighting mods that help.

Cool, I was just curious. That's great to know there's really no difference.

#685 8 years ago
Quoted from Rockytop:

Cool, I was just curious. That's great to know there's really no difference.

There are some differences in that the later games I believe come with the printed plastic piece that prevents ball hangup in the plastic behind the ghost. They're available for free for any owner but I believe current games are getting them installed. Also the wire forms by the slings may be getting washers now for extra hold...the earlier games there is only a nut and unless cranked down the wire form can slip out of position. Lastly the led lighting mod and plastic protectors are probably installed on most games at the factory even though it's an additional cost. But we'll worth it. No real earth shattering game play differences though.

#686 8 years ago

I added the theme from Halloween to the main multiball (with help from Drewblood, thanks!) I'm thinking about Thriller for Minion Multiball.

So the final soundtrack could be:

Minion fighting - Ghostbusters
Defeat a boss - Beetlejuice theme
Main MB - Halloween
Minion Multiball - Thriller

#687 8 years ago

Anyone noticed a difference in the ball eject to shooter lane since update? Mine has been bouncing back to the trough a lot more since the update.

#688 8 years ago

Got my game, unboxed it, and set it up, however it won't start a game. Powers on, says "AMH - Spooky Pin", and then shows the code version (22), but stays on that screen. The rest of the game starts with nothing but eventually boots on to some sort of attract mode with the lights, however it won't kick the balls and won't start a game. On my first try it did kick the balls (although the coil was failing to kick it hard enough to get it to shooter lane), and the flippers were functioning, however it would not start a game. I haven't been able to replicate that since, and the balls just sit in the drain. At boot up the door moves a bit and the 3 bank moves a bit, however the 3 bank sits in a weird place (rather low), and then eventually moves up a bit (although it doesn't seem quite as high as it should be).

Any suggestions on what to do? I checked all the molex connects and they seem firmly in place, and I checked the SD card and it seems firmly in place, and I looked under the playfield and none of the wires look dissatached. Not sure what to try next.

Thanks.

#689 8 years ago
Quoted from WaddleJrJr:

Not sure what to try next.

call/email spooky.

top notch customer service

#690 8 years ago
Quoted from WaddleJrJr:

Got my game, unboxed it, and set it up, however it won't start a game. Powers on, says "AMH - Spooky Pin", and then shows the code version (22), but stays on that screen. The rest of the game starts with nothing but eventually boots on to some sort of attract mode with the lights, however it won't kick the balls and won't start a game. On my first try it did kick the balls (although the coil was failing to kick it hard enough to get it to shooter lane), and the flippers were functioning, however it would not start a game. I haven't been able to replicate that since, and the balls just sit in the drain. At boot up the door moves a bit and the 3 bank moves a bit, however the 3 bank sits in a weird place (rather low), and then eventually moves up a bit (although it doesn't seem quite as high as it should be).
Any suggestions on what to do? I checked all the molex connects and they seem firmly in place, and I checked the SD card and it seems firmly in place, and I looked under the playfield and none of the wires look dissatached. Not sure what to try next.
Thanks.

Well like magic the game started working! Woo! Needs some minor adjustments, but other than that nothing that seems to be an issue. I'll report back if that issue returns on a future start-up, though.

Edit: Several games in and it's still working great. Only minor issues I've noticed: left inlane roll-over sometimes sticks below the playfield and registers a bunch of times until it comes back up (small adjustment should fix that), the speakers get a little fuzzy/staticy sometimes (not sure what to do to fix that), and the plunger housing is on crooked (should also be a small adjustment). Really fun game, thanks Spooky!

#691 8 years ago

Glad it's working! You did ground it with the back box bolt right?

#692 8 years ago

Before:

image.jpegimage.jpeg

During:

image.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpeg

After:

image.jpegimage.jpeg

image.jpegimage.jpeg

AMH is even more fun at home when you can actually hear and appreciate the sound package! Didn't have to adjust anything other than the levelers either - great job by the Spooky department of Quality Control.

Comments during setup from pinball friends that didn't know much about AMH - "Looks kind of simple. Kind of old school and boring. The font is fuzzy and out of focus. Is it any good?"

After ONE four player game - "Wow! This is an AWESOME game! When can we come back?"

My wife and daughter will weigh in this weekend ...

#693 8 years ago

Installed Cliffy today! Not easy install but well worth it.

image.jpegimage.jpeg

#694 8 years ago
Quoted from Tsskinne:

Installed Cliffy today! Not easy install but well worth it.

How did you get the protector, please? Other AMH owners would like to know how to order one. I don't see it on Cliffy's website.

#695 8 years ago
Quoted from JOESCHALL:

How did you get the protector, please? Other AMH owners would like to know how to order one. I don't see it on Cliffy's website.

Just email Cliffy

#696 8 years ago
Quoted from Tsskinne:

Just email Cliffy

Thanks!

#697 8 years ago
Quoted from vilant:

Glad it's working! You did ground it with the back box bolt right?

Yup, it's been grounded the whole time.

#698 8 years ago

I recognize a Will in those pictures, I'll have to call him to setup mine when it gets here too.

#699 8 years ago
Quoted from bemmett:

I recognize a Will in those pictures, I'll have to call him to setup mine when it gets here too.

Yup. Great guy.

#700 8 years ago

Anyone experience disappearing balls? We finally found them once in the bottom of the cab and another time or two under the pf apron. Trying to figure out how they got into both places.......and how to keep them where they belong!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
6,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Maple Ridge, BC
$ 19.00
Tools
PinballSolutions.eu

$ 20.00
Playfield - Plastics
The Pinball Scientist

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 2,070 posts in this topic. You are on page 14 of 42.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/amh-club-a-spooky-start/page/14 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.