28801E32-E2D7-4DC1-AAFD-3DCDC27A3506 (resized).jpeg
354934431_6328733057162997_6611170001532921297_n (resized).jpg
IMG_1376 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1377 (resized).jpeg
20230408_185615 (resized).jpg
20230408_192409 (resized).jpg
8A18DFE7-8CD9-4C66-B364-2F977840CBE2 (resized).jpeg
E5C304EC-9BC3-48C6-AC69-732299B19D7F (resized).jpeg
There are 2,069 posts in this topic. You are on page 12 of 42.
#551 8 years ago
Quoted from KillerKades:

Found something else -- spirit guide awarded a 30sec ball save (no modes running). After a few seconds, the ball went back into the scoop. The scoop ball save took over and wiped out any remaining time from the 30sec ball save which should have been about 20 seconds. Spook again light went out, I let drain just to test and it was end of ball.
I'm thinking it is making the ball save time value that of the scoop save not knowing it was currently on for a longer time. Not sure I would add to the time but, if ball save current timer is > the new value, do nothing and continue with the current timer.

Classic example of "you fix one thing and it breaks another" I've put it on my list.

Normally when a ball save is added, it checks to see if a ball save is already in progress and if current is longer than new, it just leaves current.

It's possible the scoop eject drain compensation is skipping that check.

SPEAKING OF BUGS: I just noticed if you reply on this forum, and your reply rolls over / starts a new page, it leaves your text in the box, making it look like it didn't go through (I'm on Chrome, Windows)

Maybe this causes double posting?

#552 8 years ago

After playing America's Most Haunted at Mad Rollin, I am even more super excited to get my game in the near future. It's a blast to play.

#553 8 years ago
Quoted from TomGWI:

After playing America's Most Haunted at Mad Rollin, I am even more super excited to get my game in the near future. It's a blast to play.

I didn't even play it while I stopped by but I did get excited checking it out in person again. Just a few more months for mine

#554 8 years ago

Love the game. It is kicking my butt. However, I had a couple of things bugging me from my game that were mechanical. One was that the ball would get stuck under the ramp that led to the helluvader. I pulled the ramp and wires that led to a switch were being routed around a metal guide instead of through the whole in the metal guide. I unplugged and re-routed and all is fine. Below is a picture of the re-routed wire. The 2nd issue I was having was with the right ramp jump shot. It would only be successful maybe 1 in 10 shots. After some toying around, I found that there was to steep of slope on the spring metal transition to the jump ramp and a lot of momentum was being lost as a result. I loosened the jump ramp slightly and now it is making the shot almost every time.

20150831_172446-1.jpg20150831_172446-1.jpg

#555 8 years ago

Thanks for sharing the above fixes. Mine hasn't needed such adjustment, but numerous AMH owners have made some mechanical adjustments to their machines to improve play. In my case, I confess that I actually removed a thin metal post ("the horror!") and added a thicker matching plastic one with a rubber, then rerouted the left loop ball guide by about an 1/8 inch so that the ball would be delivered to the flipper tip rather than go SDTM. (Don't hate me, fellow AMH owners--the game was level but every time the ball came off that left ball guide it was going SDTM, so I finally gave in and made the change. The game is hard enough!) Also, in addition to an extra rubber at the base of the post next to the lower pop bumper to stop ball sticks there, I also added a rubber to the base of the "lowercase h" 3-d printed part to the left of the basement--this kept the ball from sitting between the "B" lane and the basement. These fixes have eliminated the ball sticks that I was getting frequently otherwise.

#556 8 years ago

Working on code updates this week, and will do further testing this weekend.

Aside from ball search functions, are there any other bugs to report?

#557 8 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

Aside from ball search functions, are there any other bugs to report?

I'm still getting the occasional double or triple ball eject, but I don't know if that's software or mechanical.
I agree the pop bumpers need to pulse a few times quickly in a row during ball search, not a single hit.
When you close the coindoor, can you re-enable coils a few seconds after instead of instantly? It's not a huge deal, but by the time you close the door, you have to quickly lock the door because the auto launch kicks in and the ball starts going around the half-orbit.

#558 8 years ago

Can someone please tell me where each of the mylar pieces provided on the sheet are intended to go on the playfield?

I assume halfmoons in front of slings, long rectangle strip in front of kickout hole, and odd shape appears to be for around pops. There are a bunch of small rectangles but no idea where these are supposed to go???

Did everyones game come with this sheet of mylar ready to apply?

#559 8 years ago

other question > has anyone applied beer seal to the underside of your lockdown? anything tips?

#560 8 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

mine did not, but not sure I want to lay any down? In home environment, with low plays, routine cleaning (and replacing balls), I would think the clear should last quite a long time.

#561 8 years ago

The coil enable is a psychical switch in the coin door - not software.

I noticed at Mad Rollin' the tilt needs work - any suggestions?

#562 8 years ago

Ben,

i posted this in the code update thread. it is not a bug by any means, just something i was curious about.

Quoted from KingPinGames:

is there a way to make the player 2 (and 3 and 4) random? I am just talking about the little tv show character blurp that comes up when you add players. since it is mainly just Alyssa and me playing i would like to see the psychic and sound guy every now and again.
if not, no problem.

#563 8 years ago
Quoted from toyotaboy:

I did not, but not sure I want to lay any down? In home environment, with low plays, routine cleaning (and replacing balls), I would think the clear should last quite a long time.

this one is supposed to be going on route so trying to help protect it.

#564 8 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Can someone please tell me where each of the mylar pieces provided on the sheet are intended to go on the playfield?
I assume halfmoons in front of slings, long rectangle strip in front of kickout hole, and odd shape appears to be for around pops. There are a bunch of small rectangles but no idea where these are supposed to go???

Could the small rectangles go under the ball drops by the Inlanes from the wire forms?

#565 8 years ago
Quoted from TomGWI:

Could the small rectangles go under the ball drops by the Inlanes from the wire forms?

not the shape I am used to for there but good call.

There are 4 of them FWIW.

Ben, any idea? I can email spooky but figured someone else may have a quick bit of info now.

#566 8 years ago

I'm wondering about the mylar as well. I'd appreciate a cheat sheet. The right scoop does appear to have a mantis style protector built in.

#567 8 years ago

Ben, I sometimes get a random "coin door open" message, along with the corresponding creaking door sound, during gameplay, running v20. I've tried removing the keys from the coin door and even turned off the "door warning" sound in the settings, but it still occurs, and it doesn't seem to correspond with any particular switch or action. This is not a serious issue, and the message goes away and gameplay continues on--it's just a small distraction that I thought I would bring to your attention in case it's fixable.

#568 8 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

I noticed at Mad Rollin' the tilt needs work - any suggestions?

Increase the speed at which it registers and gives player feedback. Tilt warning need to be almost intantaneous from when they occur, need to have a distinct sound, and need to be slightly louder than other sounds so the player can pick up on them.

They are very important feedback when playing.

I noticed at madrollin a big lag. For example I would give a big nudge and 5 seconds would pass before the first warning came throughm then 3 more sec to the second warning, then 3 more till the tilt.

If teh first warning had been instantaneous to the nudge then I would have known to settle back and pause to let things chill.

#569 8 years ago

During hellavator multiball it seems as though the ball save lasts forever. Is it 30 seconds or so. Seems to last a long time, is there a option to time it down a tick. I'm all for getting the ball back, but it seems very long. Also I get random sounds that are very much louder than anything else also the voices are not at the same volume. Is it just adjustments on that amp box inside?

#570 8 years ago

Do you think there will eventually be another run of AMHs after Zombie's game? I kinda hope so.

#571 8 years ago
Quoted from dmbjunky:

Do you think there will eventually be another run of AMHs after Zombie's game?

Charlie has said many many many times.. after 150, there will be no more.. no vault editions, no LE's.. this is it.

#572 8 years ago

will there be more AMH's Quoth the Charlie," nevermore"image.jpgimage.jpg

#573 8 years ago

WooHoo! Made it to, and completed, Demon Battle tonight! My final score was a little over 250M.
Something for Ben:
I've noticed during photo hunt that sometimes the shot you are suppose to make doesn't strobe the LED's. If they don't strobe you can't tell which shot to aim for. This is a random occurrence, most of the time it's fine. I'm running V.21.

#574 8 years ago
Quoted from locustgrovepin:

WooHoo! Made it to, and completed, Demon Battle tonight! My final score was a little over 250M.
Something for Ben:
I've noticed during photo hunt that sometimes the shot you are suppose to make doesn't strobe the LED's. If they don't strobe you can't tell which shot to aim for. This is a random occurrence, most of the time it's fine. I'm running V.21.

I saw the same photo hunt bug today on v20.

#575 8 years ago

That photo hunt bug has been there for literally years. My intention is to rewrite that portion of code entirely. May not get done on V21 though, we'll see how tomorrow goes...

#576 8 years ago

Good luck with code updates, Ben. Again, I am SO grateful that you plan to put in the "three flips" disable option to avoid the fuse blow during Doctor Ghost. It happened to me again twice in the last week. What a wonderful thing it is for us AMHers to have our suggestions heard. Happy coding!

#577 8 years ago
Quoted from locustgrovepin:

Congrats. I've made it there just three times in 500 games, and completed it just once. Very gratifying. Enjoy your game!

#578 8 years ago

Just got word yesterday. #87 is on it's way home

#579 8 years ago

Anyone have an AMH to see and play local in Baltimore ?

#580 8 years ago

Here's a silly question: whoever filled out the ipdb info, why is jason Jones not listed in the voice actor list? He's the first player voice.

2 weeks later
#581 8 years ago

anyone else have their left sling fire for no reason sometimes when the ball travels down the left return ramp?

#582 8 years ago

I am sure you checked the sling switches for gap from possible vibration?

#583 8 years ago
Quoted from toyotaboy:

anyone else have their left sling fire for no reason sometimes when the ball travels down the left return ramp?

Never had this. In addition to the sling switches, I'd check the tightness of your left ramp as well for where it connects to the sling post. You've probably already thought of this, but just in case . . .

1 week later
#584 8 years ago

I am the proud second owner of #10. Picked it up at replay and in transport had the 3 bank servo half go. It would only go down. So since we were at replay and I brought it up to the hotel room we played on with the servo disabled. We quickly came to realize that this servo not functioning greatly impacts game play. With it disabled down you couldn't start minion battles or get to fight the war fort boss, or distract the doctor ghost. As there was no way to register 3 bank hits many modes became unplayable. With it disabled up you could start many of those mode but then couldn't finish them as there was no way to register ghost loop opto hits. We tried it disabled both up and down to see if one was better and I think up was. However I think that it could be possible to code secondary switches as fail safes for this case. Should it be disabled down then the ghost loop opto could register as 3 bank hits when appropriate. If it was disabled up the three bank could register as ghost loop opto hits when appropriate. If this was on route or even in the home and you don't have a spare servo it greatly impacts the game play till you can replace the servo.

Took me a while to get it set up at home since replay so I've only had a week on it with V20. My biggest two grips are the pop bumper bail hang and the door scoop ball hang wear it catches to the right of the scoop. I often have a tilt shortly after getting these free. I think the pop bumper hang will be an easier fix with extra rubbers. The other however has anyone found a good solution for this?

I will suggest that a ball save be added for the left VUK scoop much like the right scoop, and the video mode. If the ball fails to make it on the the habit rail and doesn't land back in the VUK scoop to try again then it goes SDTM. Majorly frustrating when you have a good game going.

Other than that love the game.

#585 8 years ago
Quoted from stretch2:

Mark, come to York ; )

Planning on doing another charity AMH raffle... Got her unboxed and tested - not a one issue !

Stay tuned - hopefully going live with it this weekend.

image.jpegimage.jpeg

image_1.jpegimage_1.jpeg

image_2.jpegimage_2.jpeg

image_3.jpegimage_3.jpeg

image_4.jpegimage_4.jpeg

#586 8 years ago
Quoted from stretch2:

I'm in NOVA, Vienna Va

#587 8 years ago

On facebook Charlie reports the 100th game has shipped i am only 9 away!! woot woot

#588 8 years ago

Seeing as we only went over #100 sold in February, that means Spooky is shipping games THE SAME YEAR THEY WERE ORDERED.

#acheivement_unlocked

#589 8 years ago

I just noticed code version 22 is on the Ben Heck site but when I tried to update it it said I was up-to-date I am running version 20 just wondering is there a version 22 file or am I jumping the gun LOL

#590 8 years ago

I think Ben is in the middle of upating his site and the new code should be available this week.

#591 8 years ago

It's not up and ready until I announce it here.

#592 8 years ago

In case anyone is interested, I will have my AMH set up for free play at the York Show on Friday only. Has the custom shooter rod, target decals, upgraded LEDs, and Laseriffic topper. Looking forward to sharing the game and supporting spooky.

#593 8 years ago

Has any one thought about painting the door

#594 8 years ago

I didn't realize that the code on the AMH support page might not be ready to be installed - I upgraded my SD card, and the upgrade process seemed to work, until the reboot. I have random dots on the DMD and no sound now. I tried using the PinHeck tool to upgrade my game code to V22 in case they needed to be in sync, but that didn't help. The game plays, kind of, although some of the solenoids (most notably the ball loader) don't get enough power to work other than giving a slight hum.

Any suggestions on how to recover? I had been on code level 21 and A/V level 20. Thanks.

DMD-after-upgrade-to-v22.jpgDMD-after-upgrade-to-v22.jpg

#595 8 years ago

Version 23 Suggestion:

Using the two left orbit switches and a timer, get the speed of the ball and adjust the Scoop kickout accordingly. That is to say, the faster you go around the orbit, the faster it kicks out from the scoop. Of course this would have to be an option, maybe call it "Auto".

#596 8 years ago
Quoted from Claires-dad:

I didn't realize that the code on the AMH support page might not be ready to be installed - I upgraded my SD card, and the upgrade process seemed to work, until the reboot. I have random dots on the DMD and no sound now. I tried using the PinHeck tool to upgrade my game code to V22 in case they needed to be in sync, but that didn't help. The game plays, kind of, although some of the solenoids (most notably the ball loader) don't get enough power to work other than giving a slight hum.
Any suggestions on how to recover? I had been on code level 21 and A/V level 20. Thanks.

DMD-after-upgrade-to-v22.jpg

When you turn power on, does DMD say anything at all or go right to static?

#597 8 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

When you turn power on, does DMD say anything at all or go right to static?

Right to static, almost immediately after the power comes on. I tried reformatting the SD card and copying the old SFX and DMD directories to it, but then I get "SFX ERROR" in the upper left corner of the DMD, with static filling the rest of the display.

#598 8 years ago

Joined the club today. #96 has landed in San Diego.

#599 8 years ago
Quoted from smassa:

Joined the club today. #96 has landed in San Diego.

Sweet. Let us know how you find it!

When's the KME video coming?

rd

#600 8 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

Sweet. Let us know how you find it!
When's the KME video coming?
rd

Will try n do something up in the near future.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods

6,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Maple Ridge, BC
5,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Atoka, TN
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 2,069 posts in this topic. You are on page 12 of 42.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/amh-club-a-spooky-start/page/12 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.