Topic Stats

• 30 posts
  • 12 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by sulli10
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

#1 8 years ago

My AMH keeps blowing the 3amp fuse off and on when playing the game. When it blows flippers go dead ect. Any help would be awesome

#2 8 years ago

my first question, is : is there any correlation with you raising the play field up at any time, and this occurring.

If so, check to see if a wire is touching something it should not near the flippers.

also, check the 3 amp circuit to find what draws power from it. Check those items and see if there is a short ( wire touching something it should not)

#3 8 years ago
Quoted from maddog14:

my first question, is : is there any correlation with you raising the play field up at any time, and this occurring.
If so, check to see if a wire is touching something it should not near the flippers.

It happens during game play not when play field is up. I will recheck wiring around flippers.

#4 8 years ago

I think there's an option to turn off the flipper attract, related to the doctor ghost mode. Disable that and see if it helps.

#5 8 years ago
Quoted from FawzmaGames:

I think there's an option to turn off the flipper attract, related to the doctor ghost mode. Disable that and see if it helps.

Yeah i have that off and still had it blow. So far it has not blown a again while playing so ill see how it goes. Did see any thing under PF is there wiring diagram for amh ?

#6 8 years ago
Quoted from 2Kaulitz:

It happens during game play not when play field is up. I will recheck wiring around flippers.

your killing me smalls.

Let me be clearer.

Did you have the playfield up at any time. put playfield down. put playfield glass etc back on. Close coin door..... BEFORE you experienced this problem during game play.

3 months later
#7 7 years ago

I'm wondering if the OP ever fixed his issue? I'm having the exact same issue but my issue is with Rob Zombie. The kick out hole underneath the mini playfield keeps blowing the fuse. My thought is that the Pinball Life knocker is causing an overload in the number 1 fuse but still can't figure it out. As long as I replace the fuse, the game operates just fine.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. I've also sent Charlie an email.

#8 7 years ago

Mine has happened about 3 times also. Mine is tied to the flippers

#9 7 years ago

I keep blowing my 3amp fuse I my AMH as well. Interested in what is causing this.

#10 7 years ago

if you email charlie he usually gets back to you in 20 min. Great customer service!

#11 7 years ago

Yep, I've blown this fuse several times. No rhyme or reason to it.

#12 7 years ago

If the fuse blowing is a common problem and not tied to a short, I'd try a 4 amp fuse. Perhaps a 3a isnt enough. Are there any magnets in either game? Those draw decent power.

#13 7 years ago
Quoted from billsfanmd:

if you email charlie he usually gets back to you in 20 min. Great customer service!

I think it is tied more to my house voltage being low sometimes in the summer. Not sure Charlie can fix that. I am going to try using a UPS first and if that does not work I will contact Charlie about the 4 amp idea Markmon posted

#14 7 years ago
Quoted from sulli10:

I think it is tied more to my house voltage being low sometimes in the summer. Not sure Charlie can fix that. I am going to try using a UPS first and if that does not work I will contact Charlie about the 4 amp idea Markmon posted

Let us all know what Charlie says.

#15 7 years ago

Yes please do.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#16 7 years ago

Contacted Charlie a month or so ago about this issue. He said to turn off flipper attract. Haven't had the fuse blow since doing that.

#17 7 years ago
Quoted from billsfanmd:

Yeah very fast reply with charlie even late at night. I had to turn down the flipper power to get it to stop.

#18 7 years ago

My flipper attract is off and the flipper strength is at zero

#19 7 years ago

Is there a flipper attract in RZ? Because I've blown 3 fuses now in about 50 plays.

#20 7 years ago

Also check the end of stroke switches make sure there all good. That can also make it blow 3amp fuse

#21 7 years ago
Quoted from 2Kaulitz:

Also check the end of stroke switches make sure there all good. That can also make it blow 3amp fuse

Eggbert, go into switch test and turn the flippers to make sure its contacting the EOS. Something else is going on, and I don't want to hear it's in the code did you turn down flipper strength by any chance.

What version are you at, and have you done a factory reset?

#22 7 years ago

Thanks Fawz, definitely NOT a code issue. When you say, turn the flippers what do you mean? I did a switch test and the flippers both work and obviously they don't work on low setting. Other than LDG not working (which it shouldn't) what else am I missing? I'm going to go out and play a few more games.

We "think" we've narrowed it down to the fact that I have a knocker installed. However, before I go ahead and disconnect it, I'm going to try and see if I can blow another fuse before I do that. I've had 15 games without a fuse being blown so knock on wood.

I'll report back in about 45 or so.

Thanks again bro. FYI, you are really on to something with the code. Love it so far!

#23 7 years ago

I mean, hold the flippers in the up position.. like grab the flipper itself and move it so you force the EOS to be touched.

Technically, if the EOS was not being touched in game, when you hold the flipper button it will start flipping like wild.

#24 7 years ago

OK. Just played at least 10 more games and everything is working great. I purposely hit the VUK ramp at least 20 times and it's bouncing into the upper playfield just fine. I'll try your suggestion when I play again tomorrow.

Thanks for your help.

#25 7 years ago

My flipper fuse has also blown in both AMH and RZ. In AMH I turned off flipper help and it hasn't happened again. In RZ it blew as soon as Infection mode started. I haven't reached infection again to see if it duplicates.

#26 7 years ago

I have blown this fuse 20+ times in AMH, but not yet in RZ in the first month. I am still running code v5 with factory coil settings.

#27 7 years ago

I wonder if a 4 amp fuse would be better to solve this issue or is that too much voltage ?

#28 7 years ago

Charlie and friends are preparing for this week's Open House. However, after that we'll get to the bottom of this. I think I figured out that my issue is the knocker itself. Or, at least I hope so. It's just that after 35 games with the knocker not going off and the fuse not blowing. I finally played a game where I got a match and the knocker finally went off. And you guessed it...the fuse also blew. Pretty excited to actually figure out the issue.

#29 7 years ago
Quoted from eggbert52:

Charlie and friends are preparing for this week's Open House. However, after that we'll get to the bottom of this. I think I figured out that my issue is the knocker itself. Or, at least I hope so. It's just that after 35 games with the knocker not going off and the fuse not blowing. I finally played a game where I got a match and the knocker finally went off. And you guessed it...the fuse also blew. Pretty excited to actually figure out the issue.

What is the power setting on the knocker, check coil settings.

1 month later
#30 7 years ago

Reporting back on my fuse problem. I have had my AMH on a UPS for about 100 plays over the course of a month. No blown 3 amp fuses in that time. The UPS must have maintained the voltage just enough. It is worth a try.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 12.99
Cabinet - Other
Medisinyl Mods

Playfield - Plastics
The Pinball Scientist

$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 7,700.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room

5,999 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Philadelphia, PA
Machine - For Sale
Pipe Creek, TX
$ 210.00
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 1.49
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

6,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Maple Ridge, BC
Cabinet - Toppers
+CY Universal

Wanted
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/amh-blowing-3amp-fuse and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.