Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMGA0888[1]_(resized).JPG
20160108_192954_(resized).jpg
20160108_194917_(resized).jpg
20160108_192945_(resized).jpg
20160108_193211_(resized).jpg
#1 8 years ago

Here it is. The back panel mod that Ben spoke of months ago. So the ghosts were carved out and a couple LEDs were placed in. This will be a plug and play mod. You will have to unscrew your current playfield back panel. Screw the new one in, run the wire and plug it in. I will also be working on a backbox panel to go with it (each will be able to be used seperately if you so choose to.

Ben has agreed to program the game to interact with the mod so that it is not just a static or flashing mod, but more like it was intended to be there from the beginning. Each ghost will be separately controlled and the mod will plug into the unused header pin on the PinHeck main board.

Let me know if you have any questions. Let me know if you are interested.

Pricing

Back panel $150
Back box $100

Package deal $215 plus shipping

I have a couple dozen panels already cut. Waiting on the decals that go over the cutouts. Hopefully everything will be ready to go in the next 60 days. No prepay, I will only collect money once they are ready to ship.

video link. the pulsing/flashing is created from box that i had to put together in college (last millennium). the intense light is when i applied the full 5v to the string.

Thank you for looking.

20160108_193211_(resized).jpg20160108_193211_(resized).jpg
20160108_192945_(resized).jpg20160108_192945_(resized).jpg
20160108_194917_(resized).jpg20160108_194917_(resized).jpg
20160108_192954_(resized).jpg20160108_192954_(resized).jpg

#2 8 years ago

Looks great! I am not sure i understand the 2 options?

Panel vs backbox panel?

#3 8 years ago

panel is the playfield, there will be a separate mod for the backbox of the game (behind the backglass)

#4 8 years ago

Ok, cool

Be sure to go find the amh mods thread and link back to here.

I will be getting this for sure. I assume all the leds are color chagers? Also looking forward to seeing this in the game

#5 8 years ago

That looks really cool but to bad they don't light up more evenly. Would painting the cutouts spread the light better or how about using these skinny leds so you could use more in every ghost, all the way down to the tails.....and if they were to bright you could drop the volts to 6 or 7 instead of 12. Just a thought here.

IMGA0888[1]_(resized).JPGIMGA0888[1]_(resized).JPG

#7 8 years ago

They are white leds. Ghost are white, not multicolored.

I thought of the rgb route, but decided against for a couple reasons. 1) colors don't shine through the decal well, 2) circuitry currently only allows for 8 circuits (6 ghosts, the Crystal ball, and possibly the lightening bolts), 3) rgb is overkill for this mod.

#9 8 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

That looks really cool but to bad they don't light up more evenly. Would painting the cutouts spread the light better or how about using these skinny leds so you could use more in every ghost, all the way down to the tails.....and if they were to bright you could drop the volts to 6 or 7 instead of 12. Just a thought here.

IMGA0888[1]_(resized).JPG

Yeah, this is the prototype. 5v leds are difficult to find (using 5v under Ben's recommendation to not burden the 12v lines). I'm looking for a diffuser to help spread the light more.

As for the tails of the ghosts, those are hidden by the rear plastic on the playfield (on mine at least)

#10 8 years ago
Quoted from KingPinGames:

Yeah, this is the prototype. 5v leds are difficult to find (using 5v under Ben's recommendation to not burden the 12v lines). I'm looking for a diffuser to help spread the light more.

That skinny led in my picture lights all the way down to 3v and it's a 12v strip.

#11 8 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

That skinny led in my picture lights all the way down to 3v and it's a 12v strip.

Thanks. I'll look into that

#12 8 years ago

I'm looking for a diffuser to help spread the light more.

You can buy Diffuser sign vinyl ... They use it in back lit signs.

#13 8 years ago

There's also lots of homemade ways to diffuse the light. Even packing foam works. Just play around with different materials to get the result you like.

#14 8 years ago

Looks cool! I'd be in the market for this too.

#15 8 years ago
Quoted from snakesnsparklers:

There's also lots of homemade ways to diffuse the light. Even packing foam works. Just play around with different materials to get the result you like.

Cotton works wonders

#16 8 years ago

Sweet! Very cool that Ben is going to support it in the code, that's rad.

I'm working on a back panel mod myself (not for AMH), and was considering lighting some things up in a somewhat similar way, though a different design. I decided not to, and I'm kinda glad now, since you beat me to it.

Bet it's gonna look great while playing.

#18 8 years ago

You can add me to the list.

#19 8 years ago

Please add me to the list I'm in

#20 8 years ago

I'm on for back panel...still not sure what the back box mod entails.

#22 8 years ago

I'll take one

#23 8 years ago
Quoted from robertmee:

I'm on for back panel...still not sure what the back box mod entails.

right now i am thinking clear acrylic with pinpoint leds for the each of the ghosts tombstones, one for the crystal ball and a couple for the lightening bolts at the top. i am thinking clear so that the rgb strips don't have to be moved or covered. i own both versions of the backglass so i will work on something for the green one too.

#24 8 years ago

looking forward to this!

#25 8 years ago

Hoping to get some light diffusers today and get a video up this week.

2 months later
#26 8 years ago

Hoping to get some light diffusers today and get a video up this week.

Any update to this mod? I like the back panel mod a lot. Looks really cool

#27 8 years ago

looking to get one into the hands of Ben Heck within the next week or two so he can start looking into programing it to be choreographed with the game.

3 weeks later
#28 8 years ago

Keep me in the loop if you can - looks good.

5 months later
#29 7 years ago

Any updates?

#30 7 years ago

hoping to have everything ready for a reveal next weekend at the Mad Rollin Pinball event.

thanks for checking in.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

6,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Maple Ridge, BC

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/amh-back-panel-mod and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.