(Topic ID: 141543)

AMH #150 Charity auction / info & photos!

By SpookyCharlie

8 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

awesomeness.jpg
exuberant.jpg
Astoundment.jpg
image.jpeg
20151016_174457.jpg
20151016_174432.jpg
20151016_165840.jpg
20151016_165815.jpg
20151016_165808.jpg
20151016_165744.jpg
150_Metal.jpg
150_Hinge.jpg
150_ghost.jpg
150_plaque.jpg
150_Ghost_Lit.jpg
#1 8 years ago

Well... here it is. The last AMH we'll ever sell (and we mean that!). Why are we doing this? Everyone seemed to want that number, and this gives us a a fun nice way to see it go to a good cause with no arguments.

Here's how to bid...

Pinball Life Explosion Open House, Friday October 16th at 3:00 p.m., Svengoolie himself will be auctioning this game off to the highest bidder. Bidding starts at $4995 ($1,000 below retail). Every single dollar over that $4995 goes to Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation.
So... say the game sells for $6995. The winner will write a check to Spooky Pinball LLC for $4995, and a check to JDRF for $2,000. Your donation is tax deductible, and all info on that goes straight to you from JDRF.

Game has all gold plastic parts (even a Golden Ghost!), custom one of a kind rails, hinges, & gold powder coat (thanks to Dino at Pinball Metal, and Terry & Scott at Pinball Life!), a custom plaque signifying the game being the last sold, premium Ghost Buster LED's, and the plastic protector kit installed. She's a classy lady. I hear it may even have a custom PinGulp!

If you can't be there... send a friend who can bid for you. If you really really want the game and can't be there, email: [email protected] and she can help. But really, we'd like to see the winner in person so get there!

THIS GAME WILL BE AT PINBALL LIFE ON FRIDAY! You get to "line jump", take it home, arrange to have it shipped to you... whatever you need.

That's it... any questions, email KT... I'll try to check back here later today but as usual we're crazy getting ready to load up for the Pinball Life Explosion & Pinball Expo!

Thanks everyone.

150_Ghost_Lit.jpg150_Ghost_Lit.jpg

150_plaque.jpg150_plaque.jpg

150_ghost.jpg150_ghost.jpg

150_Hinge.jpg150_Hinge.jpg

150_Metal.jpg150_Metal.jpg

#2 8 years ago

Very awsome

#3 8 years ago

Great idea, great game, great cause. Well done Spooky.

#4 8 years ago

You're a class act, Mr. Emery. My grandson and others like him THANK YOU!!!

#6 8 years ago

Good cause, great idea.

#7 8 years ago

I will be there for the auction. love to see it in person

#8 8 years ago

We do our best... I hope the game gets a great home, and we're happy to help when and where we can.

Now back to loading up the trailer for Pinball Life & Expo!

#9 8 years ago

I am proud to say that we bought the last the last to be sold #150 America Most Haunted. Charlie. ..I am going to hold you to that....lol. But seriously. ..it was an honor to be the high bidder and for such a great cause. This game will be on display and we will have it next to our other AMH machine that we keep out for all those to play and enjoy in our show room with all the other games. It was an honor to meet Charlie and his wife /children and the rest of the Spooky Pinball team.

20151016_165744.jpg20151016_165744.jpg

20151016_165808.jpg20151016_165808.jpg

20151016_165815.jpg20151016_165815.jpg

20151016_165840.jpg20151016_165840.jpg

20151016_174432.jpg20151016_174432.jpg

20151016_174457.jpg20151016_174457.jpg

#10 8 years ago

how much did it end up going for?

#11 8 years ago

I will give Charlie the honor to let everyone know more details and what the amount was that it sold. it was for a good cause. My Dad is a diabetic and to be a part of the JADF....is a honor.

#13 8 years ago

Spooky Pinball is a Class Act all the way !

#14 8 years ago

That's awesome. Congrats to the owner and team Spooky.

#15 8 years ago

That auction was awesome...what a fantastic cause, and I'm very happy for everyone involved.

Congrats, RichieWrench...you rock!

Pete

#16 8 years ago

Astoundment.jpgAstoundment.jpg

exuberant.jpgexuberant.jpg

awesomeness.jpgawesomeness.jpg

#17 8 years ago

Awesome! Congratulations RichieWrench!

#18 8 years ago

The more I think about this, the more I am amazed at what Charlie, Ben and Spooky Pinball have done. It didn't matter that Charlie knew dozens of people were interested in AMH #150. It didn't matter that he knew he could sell it at a premium. It didn't matter that he just started construction on his own, new building. It didn't matter that he could find a ton of uses for the additional money this auction would bring.

What mattered to Charlie was much bigger than his own needs. What mattered to him was something that effected my grandson when he was only 15 months old and will effect him the rest of his life. What mattered to him was having compassion for those who's lives will never be normal. What mattered to him was knowing he could make a small difference.

Charlie has become one of my best friends and I love him and his family. They are some of the most selfless people I have ever met. I literally teared up a few times driving home from Expo thinking that Charlie could have taken the $11,000 made from the sale and put it in his own pocket. No reason why he shouldn't have. He could certainly use it. Instead, he'll be donating it to JDRF in honor of my grandson, Gordon Kelly.

I owe you a bunch, Mr. Emery. A whole bunch!!

#21 8 years ago
Quoted from Jdawg4422:

how much did it end up going for?

I don't think it's a secret. It sold for $16,000. That's not a typo.

#22 8 years ago

I agree 100% with Bryan - Thanks for your comments. Easily Charlie could have sold this game for 10,000 or more and kept the money. I was somewhat determine and I knew that this company was doing something where he just asked for basically his cost for the game and the rest went to this great cause (JDRF). Was the game worth that -- I did not care. It was a tribute to Spooky Pinball -- Charlie and his team and for the charity. Great time, I meet some great people at the event and made new friends. I will be forever grateful for the experience and to be a part of history is awesome as well. Thanks to everyone for the nice comments.

Just a funny side note: We got the game back home and there were no balls for the game and there was 75 cents in the cabinet that someone tried to but quarters in to play. But, I think that it coming with no balls is awesome and funny. I know it was a mistake -- But it was funny when we got is set up and there was no balls. LOL. I love Spooky Pinball and I will be a customer for many years to come.

#23 8 years ago

The balls are in another auction...

#24 8 years ago
Quoted from RichieWrench:

We got the game back home and there were no balls for the game

These pinball companies man, $16,000 just doesn't go as far as it used to!

Congrats on owning a piece of history with a very cool feel good story behind it.

#25 8 years ago

What a fantastic result. Wouldn't it be great if ALL pinball manufacturers started doing this. The last of any LE run auctioned off and the excess donated to a charity of their choice. I'm sure it would be very well received by the pinball community. We have a charity truck convoy here in Australia on the south coast at Wollongong. It started small and bidding for the front truck often exceeds $30 000 and ALL money goes straight to cancer research (camp quality)and is now the largest fundraiser they do. Small thing to start but now doing big things.
Big thumbs up for Charlie and RichieWrench and all involved.
http://i98fm.com.au/convoy

#26 8 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

The balls are in another auction...

now that is funny.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

6,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Maple Ridge, BC
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Chicago, IL
4,700 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Maple Ridge, BC
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Meridian Charter Township, MI

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.