View topic image gallery

1 (resized).jpg
images (resized).jpg
IMG_1620 (resized).PNG
Resized_20170315_091133 (resized).jpg
IMG_1368 (resized).JPG
17022134_1015723185196495_5847008981864314168_n (resized).jpg
IMG_1071 (resized).PNG
vinyl-victorian-picket-fence-scalloped-1-1-2-balusters-pickets-5-sq-post-size-4.gif (resized).jpg
aliens-ufo (resized).jpg
RicketyCricket (resized).jpg
20170129_174405 (resized).jpg
20170129_174400 (resized).jpg
20170129_112417 (resized).jpg
IMG_8727 (resized).JPG
457464945_640 (resized).jpg
Miranda-Kerr (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jfh.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#49 7 years ago

I'm going to wait for real news, like "Will it come with coin mechs?"

Realistically, what will matter on this game is price, price, price. If it doesn't undercut Stern by a significant margin, it's pretty much DOA. The big advantage of a new AFM? The cabinet decals probably won't be faded.

Unfortunately, I think PPS missed the window for the classic remakes. I understand why AFM was a logical choice for the next title, but think there would be more interest in Big Bang, MB or CC (with s/w additions).

#91 7 years ago
Quoted from Eryeal:

I thought the common thought on MB was licensing problems - either not going to be able to secure a license for all the characters, or it would just be too expensive?

I'm pretty sure Rick has previously dispelled this - Universal licensing was not an issue.

#92 7 years ago

I would not have both AFM and MM in a very small collection, but I find them different enough to coexist in a larger collection. I always wanted a nice AFM to go with my RFM and MM.

Unless there is a significant price or feature difference, I'd rather have an original and not have to worry about possible issues with proprietary electronics, inserts, playfields or whatever. But - with space at a premium and requiring that one game has to leave before another goes in - I don't think AFM/AFMr makes the cut. Three years ago, yes. But not today.

I hope AFMr goes well, because if it doesn't, no chance CCr or BBBr ever see the light of day. I predict AFMr will do well with operators though - AFM was always a great earner and it is a classic theme.

#147 7 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

But it's not up to Rick, it's up to CGC!

Unless everything goes perfectly and it's a complete success - then it's all because of Rick and PPS.

#155 7 years ago
Quoted from arcademojo:

Is it to early to start speculating on what's the next remake after AFMR? I'm sure there will be ten treads by the end of the week!

Yes, way too early. It's years away ...

#380 7 years ago

As the person who drove the discussion on coin mechs (or lack thereof) - it was never about the coin mechs per se. It was about the lack of communication and perceived pettiness of the decision.

And, as it turned out, those concerns turned out to be dead on, as those who bought MMr found out with colorization, inserts and other issues over the past couple of years.

#417 7 years ago
Quoted from Baiter:

Bitching about coin mechs and color upgrade is my biggest Pinside pet peeve. It's always about sour grapes from someone who pre-ordered

... from someone who went out of his way to be deceptive under the guise of being transparent.

One of my Pinside pet peeves is revisionist history that ignores the obvious.

#431 7 years ago
Quoted from Baiter:

The level of deception involved in MMr has been overblown

I was sitting in the front row when the MMR announcement was made. I heard what Rick said, including his statement that PPS was going to be different and not repeat the mistakes of others and then watched as PPS not only repeated them, but blazed new ground. Don't confuse the product (which is by most counts a success) with the process and transparency of communication.

If you're comfortable with how PPS handled MMR, then you should have no issue with buying another remake. At this point, I doubt PPS/CGC could ever earn back my trust enough that I would. I know there are plenty of others that feel the same way.

The level of deception may have been mostly forgotten, but by no means was it ever overblown.

#449 7 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Then there was PPS saying he knew nothing about the missing coin mechs until he reported it on pinside, but had started a thread a couple months earlier sourcing coin mechs saying it had nothing to do with MMr.

And he was so upset when no one believed him ...

Anyway, I hope those with MMR are happy and that there will be decent support from PPS/CGC as the years go by. However, I think it will be a minor miracle if we see anything beyond AFMr. I'll certainly not consider buying one until my distributor has one in stock that I can touch and play, but I do truly think that the WMS remake window is closing, if it isn't already mostly closed, especially if there isn't going to be any significant undercutting on price compared to other options in the market.

1 month later
#607 7 years ago
Quoted from mtdouble:

I agree the Alien announcement has to be a major blow to AFM remake sales. Anyone that likes this type of theme would be hard pressed not to really consider Alien 1st. Unless AFM rolls out with something totally revamped as rumors have touched on, Alien will surpass AFM sales in my opinion.

I disagree that simply because the themes are sci-fi related that alone will make a difference. The themes are barely related - Alien is serious, almost horror sci-fi where AFMr is campy B-movie funny comic sci-fi.

Alien may still win on a value and code depth front, but theme "similarities" isn't going to be a significant issue for sales of either.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

Cabinet - Other
UpKick Pinball

Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 79.00
$ 17.50
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 37.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Bristow, VA
$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 39.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

Machine - For Sale
Nashville, TN
$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Santa Clara, CA
$ 27.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 44.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jfh.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/amfr-pps-announced-next-remake?tu=jfh and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.